Thursday 5th May 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 5th May 2015

Post by yahyah »

It is nearly a year since the general election.
At least we have a sense of how things may go, no false optimism this time around.
TR'sGhost
Minister of State

Post by TR'sGhost »

ephemerid wrote:That Osborne thing......he is absolutely off his tits.

We've had him gouching out on the front bench, when he's not semi-comatose he's tripping.

Someone really ought to do something to sort him out.

NB - I did wonder, when he was so out of it before, if he'd been over-dieting or had hypoglycaemia or something. He looked terrible; and it's a bit too easy to blame drugs for that. But this time? He really looks like he's got the munchies.
If Osborne's frequent visible Commons "condition" is the result of hypos then he's going well beyond the point where the solution is feeding him a Mars bar, it's call an ambulance and get him on a glucose drip asap time.

As for that video clip, assuming it hasn't been manipulated in some way, he looks like he's rushing his head off. Either that or he's seriously ill or very fatigued because he hasn't slept for rays. Whatever, someone in that state shouldn't be allowed to make decisions about anything other than whether they'd rather sit or lie down.

And he's a record of strongly supporting banning anything that might alter consciousness in any way (except alcohol, chocolate, potatoes and a long list of other things), stiffer penalties for those found in possession of cannabis or MDMA, and banning drivers with a trace of cannabis metabolites in their blood hours or days after it could possibly have any impact on their driving ability because it's "necessary to send a message" that all drugs are always evil.

Leading Tory appears to be a hypocritical git, who knew?
I'm getting tired of calming down....
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ephemerid wrote:I've just caught up with the live blog etc. - apparently 151 polling stations had incomplete lists; my understanding is that the problem wasn't dealt with until 10am.

So that's 3 hours-worth of voting that was affected. We can't know exactly how many people that involved - but surely they have to do something about this?

I'd appreciate it if one of you clever people here could post the answer to my last question!
I'd like some answers too. We've got a Tory government been lying and breaking promises for six years now. What the devil they
going to do about this here? Tory government terrifies me. No honour, they're being investigated for electoral fraud and they'll
use any means to remain in power without compunction, in my opinion, based upon their record in government.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

HindleA wrote:Contesting elections legally can only happen after the result and is done by lodging what is called an election petition.

The petition, which outlines why there should be a rerun of the election, can be submitted a candidate or by voters themselves if they are in a group of four or more.

It is handed to the Royal Courts of Justice who then decides whether it is allowed to proceed through the legal process or is rejected straight off.
Thank you. I suppose if Khan wins fairly comfortably there won't necessarily be any objections but if it's close Goldsmith's side might complain ... It's Council and PC too though. Big arguments then ... probably.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

TR'sGhost wrote:

We've had him gouching out on the front bench, when he's not semi-comatose he's tripping.

NB - I did wonder, when he was so out of it before, if he'd been over-dieting or had hypoglycaemia or something. He looked terrible; and it's a bit too easy to blame drugs for that. But this time? He really looks like he's got the munchies.
If Osborne's frequent visible Commons "condition" is the result of hypos then he's going well beyond the point where the solution is feeding him a Mars bar, it's call an ambulance and get him on a glucose drip asap time.

As for that video clip, assuming it hasn't been manipulated in some way, he looks like he's rushing his head off. Either that or he's seriously ill or very fatigued because he hasn't slept for rays. Whatever, someone in that state shouldn't be allowed to make decisions about anything other than whether they'd rather sit or lie down.

And he's a record of strongly supporting banning anything that might alter consciousness in any way (except alcohol, chocolate, potatoes and a long list of other things), stiffer penalties for those found in possession of cannabis or MDMA, and banning drivers with a trace of cannabis metabolites in their blood hours or days after it could possibly have any impact on their driving ability because it's "necessary to send a message" that all drugs are always evil.

I still wonder what he used to lock in his fridge.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

ohsocynical wrote:
TR'sGhost wrote:

I still wonder what he used to lock in his fridge.

<coughs> A quick web search shows some people recommend keeping your cocaine in the fridge to help it keep. Or a dry, cool place apparently.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

IMHO From my observations of hypos,it would be pretty clear by behaviour,rather than just appearance.I am not betraying confidence,as the story was told by my better half herself as humour was a way she dealt with it,suffice to say on one occasion she believed she was a ballet dancer and very artistically started dancing around the room;the daintiness of physicality wasn't matched by her earthy responses to my attempts to suggest she put at least some clothes on.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Didn't know that there are two by elections today too. Ogmore & Sheffield Brightside.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

ohsocynical wrote:
HindleA wrote:Contesting elections legally can only happen after the result and is done by lodging what is called an election petition.

The petition, which outlines why there should be a rerun of the election, can be submitted a candidate or by voters themselves if they are in a group of four or more.

It is handed to the Royal Courts of Justice who then decides whether it is allowed to proceed through the legal process or is rejected straight off.
Thank you. I suppose if Khan wins fairly comfortably there won't necessarily be any objections but if it's close Goldsmith's side might complain ... It's Council and PC too though. Big arguments then ... probably.
There are no PCC elections in Greater London (as those powers are exercised by the Mayor)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

I really missed the experience of going to a polling station, and making the mark on the ballot paper in the voting booth.
Postal voting isn't the same at all.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:

There are no PCC elections in Greater London (as those powers are exercised by the Mayor)
More straightforward then.
Last edited by ohsocynical on Thu 05 May, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

HindleA - thanks for the election/petition info.

On hypos - having seen hundreds in my time in A&E, I was seriously wondering if he'd had a mild one caused by lack of food (obviously the diabetic insulin-induced ones are a bit more dramatic). I have seen hypos caused by dieting.
I suppose I was trying to find another reason for his odd behaviour that day; although I still think he was coming down from something. This new video is just very very weird. Not just the lip-licking, but the eyes. He's not right, is he?

Back to HindleA - I really really hope that Osborne doesn't do a Mrs.HindleA and strip off and dance about. That would be very scary.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Hasten to add,it was decades ago,with the "animal to human" insulin change,such incidences were rare and almost exclusively due to such changes.She controlled it very well in "normal" circumstances.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

ephemerid wrote:HindleA - thanks for the election/petition info.

On hypos - having seen hundreds in my time in A&E, I was seriously wondering if he'd had a mild one caused by lack of food (obviously the diabetic insulin-induced ones are a bit more dramatic). I have seen hypos caused by dieting.
I suppose I was trying to find another reason for his odd behaviour that day; although I still think he was coming down from something. This new video is just very very weird. Not just the lip-licking, but the eyes. He's not right, is he?

Back to HindleA - I really really hope that Osborne doesn't do a Mrs.HindleA and strip off and dance about. That would be very scary.
Oh good God don't... :shock:
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

The Barnet voting shambles might help Labour. It's a Tory borough, though the council have managed to make it marginal. What areas have been effected? There are lots of council flats round Burnt Oak, though I'm not sure that bit of it is even in Barnet. Lots of council flats round New Southgate too.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

yahyah wrote:I really missed the experience of going to a polling station, and making the mark on the ballot paper in the voting booth.
Postal voting isn't the same at all.
Done that three times today - once for myself and two proxy votes for my parents (on holiday)

PCC elections only here - in neither polling station was I mowed down in the rush :lol:
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

ohsocynical wrote:
ephemerid wrote:HindleA - thanks for the election/petition info.

Oh good God don't... :shock:
Didn't mean Mrs Hindle btw...
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Talking of Tories and drugs, TRG, don't know if you saw it before but Toby Young coughed in the Observer to supplying Class A drugs.

He's got a school.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:The Barnet voting shambles might help Labour. It's a Tory borough, though the council have managed to make it marginal. What areas have been effected? There are lots of council flats round Burnt Oak, though I'm not sure that bit of it is even in Barnet. Lots of council flats round New Southgate too.
Idly wondering how many who were intending to vote Conservative were sent away, and were so annoyed with their Tory council mucking it up, will return later and vote Labour?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Talking of Tories and drugs, TRG, don't know if you saw it before but Toby Young coughed in the Observer to supplying Class A drugs.

He's got a school.
I've been kicked out of the club
I'm fed up with the media cant. Why can't everyone just come clean about cocaine?

Toby Young

Sunday 18 November 2001

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/nov/18/books.comment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:

I wish they weren't. Ian Blair hadn't endeared himself to me with eg the Menezez killing and the police smearing of the victim, but he was also victim of a campaign to paint him as some trendy New Labour cop. He could reasonably have pointed out that he oversaw a big reduction in the murder rate, and that the 21/7 bombers were all nicked quickly.

The position ought to be under a proper police committee, not a showboating clown politician.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

citizenJA wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Talking of Tories and drugs, TRG, don't know if you saw it before but Toby Young coughed in the Observer to supplying Class A drugs.

He's got a school.
I've been kicked out of the club
I'm fed up with the media cant. Why can't everyone just come clean about cocaine?

Toby Young

Sunday 18 November 2001

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/nov/18/books.comment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks- I've got very lazy with posting links.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Well, I've been and voted.

I say "voted", I spoiled my PCC ballot. Also noticed Joe Otten (of LDV 'fame') is standing. Screw that guy. There is also a single council seat, put my X in the right place there.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Coming clean about "Cocaine",freely admit to having listened to it on more than occasion.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

In my (partial) defence of Ian Blair, would he have been so caught on the hop by the 2011 riots? That all happened after Johnson's appointee had had to stand down.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

He's got a school.
Isn't that rather a serious offence?
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

Evenmorntinoon all...a rare evening visit...to say, much as I feel the PCC elections (and the PCC system as a whole) are a load of old b******s, created to specifically obfuscate the control of policing - as we have a Labour candidate I voted anyway....just so that I could vote Labour :D (We had Tory, UKIP and Independent Lincolnshire (more Tories) on the ballot paper)

Our incumbent, here in Hope (just north of Peterborough, in Lincolnshire but also very close to Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and the City of Peterborough (boundary)) is an ex-Tory TV presenter...and our Labour hopeful is some sort of 'school manager'..however....I had great delight in metaphorically sticking the proverbial 2 fingers up to Clouncy Funt, he who should now be known (I believe(TM)) as 'Louise' (ref the magnificent Natalie Rowe), fracking Zac, Boris the (US citizen) Blusterer and cringeworthy Crosby (and many many more) - I hope (which, as you know, is where I live yada-yada) many others have done the same.

I also had the great pleasure of listening to Chris Packham on THE JEREMY VINE today, doing a piece on what makes us 'human' - bless his cotton socks, he really went for the jugular of capitalism and the overriding, alleged, uncaring nature of humanity about the planet and each other - not sure he'll be allowed to continue at the Beeb with Whippingfail carrying out Uncle Ruperts' instructions...but then again....

http://iono.fm/e/285477

Unfortunately this looks like a download, but if you have the time, it might be worth it....I'd put him in the same category of magnificence as the magnificent Ms Rowe.

(You may be able to tell (and apologies to those who have sworn off such substances) that wine o'clock has arrived, due to my verbosity)

...and as ever, thank you to everyone in here - it really is a fantastic place :clap: - and here's hoping (dang, there's that word again) for a good result for Labour (apologies to the Greens, but TBF, IMHO, only Labour can rid us of the pestilence we are enduring)

Poodle tip
Last edited by Lonewolfie on Thu 05 May, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud to be 1 of the 76% - Solidarity...because PODEMOS
TR'sGhost
Minister of State

Post by TR'sGhost »

HindleA wrote:IMHO From my observations of hypos,it would be pretty clear by behaviour,rather than just appearance.I am not betraying confidence,as the story was told by my better half herself as humour was a way she dealt with it,suffice to say on one occasion she believed she was a ballet dancer and very artistically started dancing around the room;the daintiness of physicality wasn't matched by her earthy responses to my attempts to suggest she put at least some clothes on.
My personal experience of hypos is varied, but the usual start is cold sweating followed by loss of fine motor control. If I ignore the signs half an hour later even standing can be difficult.

One of our cats is also diabetic. A couple of weeks ago he had a 1am. severe hypo, the first we've seen him have. Staggering around, loss of mental focus to the point he couldn't really work out how to eat. With a look on his face just like Osborne's in that video right down to the huge pupils and tongue.

An emergency trip to the vets at 1.30am after getting honey down his throat followed. It seems he might be going into a partial (or, better, complete) diabetic remission which is something that can happen with diabetic cats. Not humans though, unfortunately. Cats, especially toms, are quite prone to diabetes and have a really peculiar metabolism, the evolutionary consequence of the species' natural environment being semi-arid and them naturally being almost 100% carnivore.

If Osborne was in that state I doubt he could stand. I certainly couldn't.
I'm getting tired of calming down....
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... h-inquests" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hillsborough: South Yorkshire police 'tried to spin' inquests evidence
Exclusive: Media officer employed by force says she was instructed to emphasise allegations of fans’ misbehaviour to press
Vordy
Backbencher

Post by Vordy »

Evening All,says himself bending his knees. :lurk:

For those that want rid of the NHS,a story from China.

Sad and Crazy DIY Health Methods Chinese Used to Avoid Staggering Medical Bills

Source:

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/2057123 ... cal-bills/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Labour "sources" allegedly briefing that they will have a net loss of "about 100" council seats. Actually slightly less than some have predicted......
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:

He's got a school.
Isn't that rather a serious offence?
Indeed it is. So serious in fact that supply inferred if you've got a lot of the stuff on you.

Then again he'd probably not get prosecuted normally. Nobody thought Lawrence Dallaglio should be sent down for his "confession".
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

refitman wrote:Well, I've been and voted.

I say "voted", I spoiled my PCC ballot. Also noticed Joe Otten (of LDV 'fame') is standing. Screw that guy. There is also a single council seat, put my X in the right place there.
Joe Otten was gleefully telling me that Labour had privatized far more than the Coalition in the NHS.

Did we ever see the evidence for that, or did it basically come out of Kirsty Wark's arse. I'd sooner trust something Kirsty Alsop told me, and I bet she's nicer to subordinates than Wark apparently is.

Anyway, given that the big Coalition health stuff had only come into operation at the start of April 2013, it wouldn't have said all that much if it was true.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Ollie Reeder from the Thick of It.

Joe Otten.

HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.moneymarketing.co.uk/issues/ ... ensioners/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Paul Lewis: Osborne’s latest stealth tax grab from pensioners
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

Hello Vordy! - will read that later.

Gloucestershire Police are investigating Tory election expenses. They won't say which constituency, but I am assuming it's Cheltenham.
Most of the others round there - if not all? - were already Tory, and Cheltenham has been LibDem for ages. I used to live there.

I do know, from friends who are there, that there were loads of young pro-hunt Tory canvassers around before the GE. I gather from Twitter that many of them were not local and had been bussed in.

It's obvious that the Tories deliberately targeted LibDem seats, especially in the west of England. I flt very betrayed by Clegg and his Orange Bookers, and they deserved to lose seats - but not like this.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

ephemerid wrote:Hello Vordy! - will read that later.

Gloucestershire Police are investigating Tory election expenses. They won't say which constituency, but I am assuming it's Cheltenham.
Most of the others round there - if not all? - were already Tory, and Cheltenham has been LibDem for ages. I used to live there.

I do know, from friends who are there, that there were loads of young pro-hunt Tory canvassers around before the GE. I gather from Twitter that many of them were not local and had been bussed in.

It's obvious that the Tories deliberately targeted LibDem seats, especially in the west of England. I flt very betrayed by Clegg and his Orange Bookers, and they deserved to lose seats - but not like this.
Could be Stroud as well, that was expected to be very close.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Ollie Reeder from the Thick of It.

Joe Otten.

Brilliant!

I have had my run ins with him on LDV and he is a right smarmy Cleggite....managed to lose 31% vote share in 2015 in Sheffield Central which was an ultra-margininal after 2010 - when people were taking the piss his excuse was that the seat was 'unwindable' and he spent all his time in Hallam

Bet his CP was impressed

Hope he gets hammered
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

It appears that the LabourList site is currently down - great timing there :oops:
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Talking of Clegg, shouldn't he be a bit more visible? Does he care that much about some of his MPs losing unfairly?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:It appears that the LabourList site is currently down - great timing there :oops:
LabourList ‏@LabourList 34s34 seconds ago
And we're back online! Check out our liveblog here -
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Early night for me tonight guys...Arthritis playing up.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

ohsocynical wrote:Early night for me tonight guys...Arthritis playing up.
Oh no. Help you feel better.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Take good care of yourself, Ohso
I love you

xx
cJA
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Take care.ohso.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

Me too, Ohso - hope you feel better tomorrow. Rest helps. :hug:

I'm going to lech at Cillian Murphy in Peaky Blinders then off to bed.

Nighty night all - enjoy the drama!
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Good night
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ephemerid wrote:

Me too, Ohso - hope you feel better tomorrow. Rest helps. :hug:

I'm going to lech at Cillian Murphy in Peaky Blinders then off to bed.

Nighty night all - enjoy the drama!
Goodnight, Ephemerid!
I love you

xx
cJA
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.theguardian.com/social-care- ... nao-report" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Personal budgets don't work. So why are we ignoring the evidence?
Peter Beresford

https://www.nao.org.uk/report/personali ... cial-care/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;