Wednesday 15th June 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 15th June 2016

Post by HindleA »

Explanation of the Supreme Court proceedings,I mentioned earlier.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... are_btn_tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ohsocynical wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Bit of a horror show.jpg
I don't want to watch this - that's for sure.
Mensch would be enough to put me off. I bet she's loving it, getting in the mainstream again.
The Atlantic isn't wide enough. Definitely one of the downsides of new technology - the ability for some people to stay in touch ...
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

I think the fact that it is now being commonly referred to as 'Osborne's punishment budget' has put paid to any vestiges of credibility and ambition he may have still had.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

A UK shale gas company is considering dumping waste water from fracking in the sea, emails from the company show.

Ineos, which owns the Grangemouth refinery and holds 21 shale licences, many in the north-west, North Yorkshire and
the east Midlands, has said it wants to become the biggest player in the UK’s nascent shale gas industry.

- UK fracking firm plans to dump wastewater in the sea

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... -sea-ineos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dangerous activities such as this must be stopped by law and leadership must protect life, land, air and water. I must insist. It's not
idealogical, my dictatorial pronouncement, it's based upon the laws of physics. The activity described in this article is too dangerous to
allow.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:Michael ‏@TheRightArticle 19m19 minutes ago

Jon Snow giving a rattled Cameron a right good going over on #toryelectionfraud #C4News
Oh good. I'll watch that on +1.
Some of the best news I've read all day. Good.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Mr Riots has taken to buying 4 tinnies of lager for £2 from Aldi. Surprisingly it actually tastes pretty good. If this weather continues we might develop a habit - good to know it won't bust our bank.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:I think the fact that it is now being commonly referred to as 'Osborne's punishment budget' has put paid to any vestiges of credibility and ambition he may have still had.
And I bet there were quite a few Tory MPs saying, 'He thinks he'll still be chancellor once Leave gets its hands on the tiller? Yeah right.'
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

danesclose wrote:The Male Online's latest
(cJA edit)

I think Beryl's fellow is fundamentally rattled, you know? It's not that big a deal. Sure, Beryl took the old one to the charity shop but
she doesn't strike me as the kind of person who'd forbid him getting another. Quivering lower lip, eyes filling...all over a blue blazer.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Mr Riots has taken to buying 4 tinnies of lager for £2 from Aldi. Surprisingly it actually tastes pretty good. If this weather continues we might develop a habit - good to know it won't bust our bank.
You've had some lovely hot weather to develop the lifestyle. Some of us haven't had the chance. Am I right PF?
;) :P :lol:
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I,Daniel Blake not on the cinemas until October 21st(would have been our Anniversary).I was feeling down coming back on the train from my run and the lack of prospective "I didn't do it ' and "Yes,you do let's look at the medal" homecoming.There were engineering works,so a bus replacement part way,with originally times up the spout,I managed to run to a delayed train to get the connection,I sat opposite an old woman who was looking forlorn so I struck up a conversation ,she was a recent widow and we laughed/cried at our shared tactics to deal with it,a hug goodbye.Only ten minutes.I like to think it was meant.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Mr Riots has taken to buying 4 tinnies of lager for £2 from Aldi. Surprisingly it actually tastes pretty good. If this weather continues we might develop a habit - good to know it won't bust our bank.
I don't often drink but sometimes a good ale is perfect after walking or hiking. I get sleepy, literally fall asleep, if I have more than a half.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:I,Daniel Blake not on the cinemas until October 21st(would have been our Anniversary).I was feeling down coming back on the train from my run and the lack of prospective "I didn't do it ' and "Yes,you do let's look at the medal" homecoming.There were engineering works,so a bus replacement part way,with originally times up the spout,I managed to run to a delayed train to get the connection,I sat opposite an old woman who was looking forlorn so I struck up a conversation ,she was a recent widow and we laughed/cried at our shared tactics to deal with it,a hug goodbye.Only ten minutes.I like to think it was meant.
That's lovely, A.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Bit of a horror show.jpg
I don't want to watch this - that's for sure.
Mensch doesn't even live in this country. What have they got that gobby shite on for?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Because she is a gobby shite?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

For YahYah.

Just read a Tweet. Something about Sir Cliff Richard and developments later....
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

HindleA wrote:Because she is a gobby shite?
Hah. Good one.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

citizenJA wrote:
danesclose wrote:The Male Online's latest
(cJA edit)

I think Beryl's fellow is fundamentally rattled, you know? It's not that big a deal. Sure, Beryl took the old one to the charity shop but
she doesn't strike me as the kind of person who'd forbid him getting another. Quivering lower lip, eyes filling...all over a blue blazer.
Just for once - I have the teeeniest bit of sympathy for Male if she did actually get him to wear a blouson. (Mr Riots won't be seen dead in one!)
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

HindleA wrote:Because she is a gobby shite?
That'll be it.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

citizenJA wrote:
I don't often drink but sometimes a good ale is perfect after walking or hiking. I get sleepy, literally fall asleep, if I have more than a half.
So do I citizen. Mr Riots says he has to finish off what I leave because it 'will go flat'.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
citizenJA wrote:
So do I citizen. Mr Riots says he has to finish off what I leave because it 'will go flat'.
Sensible man! :D
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Alastair Campbell @campbellclaret 1h1 hour ago
Gove writing a Budget now. We have two governments in the same party. Very odd. Chaos ahead
Sobs hysterically.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ohsocynical wrote:
Alastair Campbell @campbellclaret 1h1 hour ago
Gove writing a Budget now. We have two governments in the same party. Very odd. Chaos ahead
Sobs hysterically.
For the last six years I've felt an instinctual imperative to phone Authorities to report Tory government to have them stopped. For public safety reasons.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Transcript of the Guardian's conversation with Michael Gove's father

Severin Carrell Severin Carrell
This is a full transcript of the interview the Guardian had by telephone with Ernest Gove, Michael Gove’s father, on the morning Tuesday 14 June. It has been slightly edited to remove verbal tics and some slight repetition.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/liv ... eead988c83" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

ohsocynical wrote:
You've had some lovely hot weather to develop the lifestyle. Some of us haven't had the chance. Am I right PF?
Not too sunny today - but nice and warm (other people call it hot). I love it! Thanks for asking.

Edited to add -

It needs to be in the mid-upper 80s(F) for me to consider it hot. And I love that, too (more). At the risk of putting everyone off their food and\or drink - I like to sweat. Or perspire. Or glow (that last one always sound a bit unhealthily radioactive).

Edited "I" for an "i"
Last edited by PorFavor on Wed 15 Jun, 2016 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bi ... m-36538475" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Disabled Birmingham man to sue over night removal from home
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Monsoon like here.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

PorFavor wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
Not too sunny today - but nice and warm (other people call it hot). I love it! Thanks for asking.

Edited to add -

It needs to be in the mid-upper 80s(F) for me to consider it hot. And i love that, too (more). At the risk of putting everyone off their food and\or drink - I like to sweat. Or perspire. Or glow (that last one always sound a bit unhealthily radioactive).
I've had a warm cardigan on today. :( My feet are like ice blocks.

Agree about the heat. I don't warm up until it's 74. Mid eighties and I might perspire gently. :D
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Sarah Gardenia ‏@_bela_lugosi_ 24m24 minutes ago
Dear Oscar Pistorius

What a disgusting display in court.
Taking your prosthetic legs off & hobbling around to try & get leniency?
Appalling
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

ohsocynical wrote:
PorFavor wrote:
ohsocynical wrote: You've had some lovely hot weather to develop the lifestyle. Some of us haven't had the chance. Am I right PF?

Edited to add -

It needs to be in the mid-upper 80s(F) for me to consider it hot. And i love that, too (more). At the risk of putting everyone off their food and\or drink - I like to sweat. Or perspire. Or glow (that last one always sound a bit unhealthily radioactive).

Agree about the heat. I don't warm up until it's 74. Mid eighties and I might perspire gently. :D

I've been wearing a cardigan, too (a lightish one, though). And socks. Still, it's a lot better than it has been. It's warm enough for the cat to have taken off her cardie (figuratively speaking). You can tell when they're content with the temperature, can't you? I don't imagine she'd like it as hot as I do.
55DegreesNorth
Minister of State

Post by 55DegreesNorth »

PorFavor wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:

Edited to add -

It needs to be in the mid-upper 80s(F) for me to consider it hot. And I love that, too (more). At the risk of putting everyone off their food and\or drink - I like to sweat. Or perspire. Or glow (that last one always sound a bit unhealthily radioactive).

Edited "I" for an "i"
Mid 80s? Are you sure about that? I find 16C (60F) is T-shirt and shorts weather, 20C (68F) hot and anything over 25C (77F) unnecessary. It's obviously a lot warmer down your way.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

55DegreesNorth wrote:
PorFavor wrote:
ohsocynical wrote: You've had some lovely hot weather to develop the lifestyle. Some of us haven't had the chance. Am I right PF?

Edited to add -

Edited "I" for an "i"
Mid 80s? Are you sure about that? I find 16C (60F) is T-shirt and shorts weather, 20C (68F) hot and anything over 25C (77F) unnecessary. It's obviously a lot warmer down your way.
It doesn't often get that hot - but I do like it if it does. I used to live abroad so that probably explains it.

60F? That's still winter to me!
55DegreesNorth
Minister of State

Post by 55DegreesNorth »

Here's a thing. I don't know anyone who is in favour of Brexit. Is that a function of the people I know, or where I live? I don't know anyone who would admit to voting Tory either. Same applies.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Is anyone else experiencing delayed reaction and jerkiness with the site this evening?
55DegreesNorth
Minister of State

Post by 55DegreesNorth »

PorFavor wrote:
55DegreesNorth wrote:
PorFavor wrote: Not too sunny today - but nice and warm (other people call it hot). I love it! Thanks for asking.

Edited to add -

Edited "I" for an "i"
It doesn't often get that hot - but I do like it if it does. I used to live abroad so that probably explains it.

60F? That's still winter to me!
It's 53F here at the moment. And it's mid-June. Winter is relative.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

PorFavor wrote:Is anyone else experiencing delayed reaction and jerkiness with the site this evening?
Nope.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
PorFavor wrote:Is anyone else experiencing delayed reaction and jerkiness with the site this evening?
Nope.
Ohio reported some problems earlier.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Bloody autocorrect ;-)
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Hmm...

‘I’m a Left-wing teacher: get me out of the EU’

https://www.tes.com/news/school-news/br ... -me-out-eu
Kevin Rooney
15th June 2016 at 18:06
I recognise that name...

http://powerbase.info/index.php/Kevin_Rooney" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kevin Rooney is a London based teacher and is associated with the libertarian anti-environmental LM network. He has written for Living Marxism and Spiked [1] and contributed to the organisation of Institute of Ideas and Battle of Ideas events. [2] Kevin is the husband and brother in law of, respectively, LM associates Fiona Fox and Claire Fox. He is an organiser for Fans For Freedom [3]
Left wing. Of course.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Bloody autocorrect ;-)
Yes - but it sounded impressive!
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I find the people I know,or more correctly know my opinions/views conform to that and would say if they disagreed,but of those who express opinions otherwise # tend to be overwhelmingly non-Tory Brexiters.

#Over representation of taxi-drivers.
Last edited by HindleA on Wed 15 Jun, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

PorFavor wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
PorFavor wrote: Not too sunny today - but nice and warm (other people call it hot). I love it! Thanks for asking.

Edited to add -

I've been wearing a cardigan, too (a lightish one, though). And socks. Still, it's a lot better than it has been. It's warm enough for the cat to have taken off her cardie (figuratively speaking). You can tell when they're content with the temperature, can't you? I don't imagine she'd like it as hot as I do.
Usually if a cat doesn't shed its fur until this time of year, it's not a good sign for a nice summer.
I hate celsius. Never really know where I am with it.. 18c in Fahrenheit, is less than 65 degrees.

Detest it when the weather forecaster brightly chirps, 'Periods of sun, with temperatures hitting 18' as if its a heatwave.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Hello Ohio.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Nope.
Ohio reported some problems earlier.
Ohio was having problems because her brain stopped working :lol: :lol: :lol:
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Tin soldiers and Nixon coming,
We're finally on our own....
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Hmm...

‘I’m a Left-wing teacher: get me out of the EU’

https://www.tes.com/news/school-news/br ... -me-out-eu
Kevin Rooney
15th June 2016 at 18:06
I recognise that name...

http://powerbase.info/index.php/Kevin_Rooney" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kevin Rooney is a London based teacher and is associated with the libertarian anti-environmental LM network. He has written for Living Marxism and Spiked [1] and contributed to the organisation of Institute of Ideas and Battle of Ideas events. [2] Kevin is the husband and brother in law of, respectively, LM associates Fiona Fox and Claire Fox. He is an organiser for Fans For Freedom [3]
Left wing. Of course.
Such a sophisticated argument too. His analysis of EFTA, Switzerland etc, so detailed.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ohsocynical wrote:
Usually if a cat doesn't shed its fur until this time of year, it's not a good sign for a nice summer.
Ours are positively bald.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

automnia ‏@aut_omnia 5h5 hours ago

Orlando police quietly announce that some of the victims of the Pulse attack may have actually been shot by cops

Ouch....
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Jeremy Cliffe ‏@JeremyCliffe 6h6 hours ago

Just astonishing: Boris not even cabinet minister but already offering Nigel Farage a place in his government.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

rebeccariots2 wrote:I think the fact that it is now being commonly referred to as 'Osborne's punishment budget' has put paid to any vestiges of credibility and ambition he may have still had.
He'll be in a reasonable position if there is a Brexit and the economy stalls, as most think it will.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
Ours are positively bald.
Sure you haven't been sneaking them a drop of lager?