Thursday 23rd June 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Thursday 23rd June 2016

Post by StephenDolan »

Morning all.

So, the day has arrived. Good luck to all those helping out in any capacity today.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Re: Thursday 23rd June 2016

Post by StephenDolan »

Fox cubs filmed 'being put into hounds' kennels' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36598935" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cubbing. Can anyone play devil's advocate and put forward an argument as to why? This 'soft metropolitan leftie' is struggling to comprehend.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Morning.

Wow, it is a beautiful, cloud free morning here. Sunny and warm after days of rain and mixed weather.
The old French roses I planted last year are blooming beautifully, soft yellow and white blushed with pink. Bees are hovering around the catmint and veronicas. Good for the soul and the spirits.

This feels so different, emotionally, from a general election though.
It's as if something base, fundamental and visceral has been poked with a stick.
Let's hope those shouting about taking back control haven't unleashed a monster that will be hard to keep within safe limits.

May the voters make the right choice.
If Brexit wins, may those on the left who predict a positive vision outside the EU be right in their conviction, and we can develop into a more progressive and fair country.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Looks like London weather is rainy.

Radio 4 say flooding in parts of London after torrential rain.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

The Mail headline really has a go at Farage.

''What IS Nigel Farage playing at ? On the eve of the vote he's campaigned for his whole political life UKIP leader pulls out of last TV debate to 'have dinner with his son'.

Wonder what the Nige-fans on Cif will have to say about that ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... start.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

Morfterbubble afteralltinoon all...

A quick drop in to say 'Hi' and wish everyone well - although I'm useless at actually coming in and saying something, I really appreciate this place so many thanks to all who make it what it is :D

Here in Hope (just north of Peterborough) the Remains have it by 62% to 38%....but that's in my dreams and unfortunately I don't have a crystal ball or the ability to make it so...

Not sure if this was linked yesterday, but a little light relief...

British police foil pro-EU croissant plot

British police swooped to stop a Paris-baked plot to tempt Britons to stay in the European Union by handing out free, freshly baked croissants.
Police intervened on the eve of Wednesday's caper, telling volunteers from the French capital it would be illegal to offer food in the run-up to an election because it could corrupt the result.
The group of about 15 volunteers had brought hundreds of croissants to London on the Eurostar train from Paris, said organiser Rosa Rankin-Gee.
After being informed of the law, however, they instead decided to hand the French breakfast staple to a homeless shelter, with no political message attached, she said.

http://www.straitstimes.com/world/europ ... ssant-plot

...which became #operationcroissant on Twitter, prompting this sort of thing...
cestmagnifique2.JPG
cestmagnifique2.JPG (42.69 KiB) Viewed 9274 times
...but this from Charlie Hebdo....with a different view...
opercroisch0139.jpg
opercroisch0139.jpg (76.56 KiB) Viewed 9274 times
Proud to be 1 of the 76% - Solidarity...because PODEMOS
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.

It looks like it's going to start pouring down again here. I hope everyone had a good night's rest.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CllgWCeWYAAhMDv.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Being the Sun, I'm suprised they didn't just show a huge pair of boobs, and say if we leave the EU every woman will be given free triple F silicone implants and a lobotomy.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

I didn't see Independence Day, but someone has pointed out the Sun pic seems to show the destruction of our world, starting at Scotland. They obviously haven't thought it through about when using it to boost Brexit on their front page :lol:
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

There was a statistics released a while ago that the non-uni educated Welsh were pretty prone to vote leave, statistically that would probably be the group I and most of my family would belong to, so here goes:

Moi ✔️
Sister✔️
Brother, his girlfriend, her three sons✔️
Niece, nephew ✔️
Bro in law✔️

All remain.

Admittedly there are a few degrees in there, but still I'm reasonably pleased with that result, so far!

And yes it does have a different feel than a GE, it's going to be a long day, and a long night.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Morning all.

Raining again - where does it all come from? This is June FFS! Flaming June!

School meeting in a bit with our LA adviser so as the polling station is in our nursery I can pop next door and vote afterwards. Doubt our nursery parents are best pleased at being turfed out again for the second time this year - we don't get a say as it's council property.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
nickyinnorfolk
Minister of State

Post by nickyinnorfolk »

From the DAILY MASH:
Britain in historic vote that only a handful of twats wanted in the first place
BRITAIN faces a tumultuous decision today because of a relatively small number of annoying, obsessive twats, experts have confirmed.

The country will vote on whether to remain in the European Union thanks to the weirdest members of the Conservative Party and a man who sounds like an angry duck and looks like a monkey had sex with a trout.

Professor Henry Brubaker, of the Institute for Studies, said: “Like me, you were probably minding your own business and managing not to think about the EU because it’s so utterly fucking tedious.

“If you did ever think about it then it would probably have been along the lines of ‘it’s a bureaucracy and they tend not to be perfect, but I realise I have to accept that because I’m not a child’.

“But then some right wing oddballs decide to inflict their pathetic neuroses and tawdry power struggles on the rest of us, and so now we all hate each other more than ever. Spiffing.”

He added: “Fuck Britain.”
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/ ... 0623109722" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They could have added it was bloody Cameron trying to appease said twats.
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

yahyah wrote:Morning.

Wow, it is a beautiful, cloud free morning here. Sunny and warm after days of rain and mixed weather.
The old French roses I planted last year are blooming beautifully, soft yellow and white blushed with pink. Bees are hovering around the catmint and veronicas. Good for the soul and the spirits.

It's as if something base, fundamental and visceral has been poked with a stick.
Let's hope those shouting about taking back control haven't unleashed a monster that will be hard to keep within safe limits.

If Brexit wins, may those on the left who predict a positive vision outside the EU be right in their conviction, and we can develop into a more progressive and fair country.
I had a very odd conversation yesterday...with someone who is convinced that a Brexit vote would absolutely guarantee Corbyn as the next PM...I said that it was the best reason to vote Brexit I'd heard...but (again) unfortunately it was in amongst the 'faceless EUrocrats sneakily building the EUSSR in secret', 'at least we can vote our politicians out' (whilst simultaneously agreeing that 24% isn't actually a 'majority') and 'the Bankers in the EU need sorting out' comments.....with a seeming inability to realise that the EU is investigating the Panama Papers and our great leader, the Clouncy Funt and his Murkydochian mannequins are trying to ignore them (and the multi-national agreements to curb/investigate (mostly British) tax havens).

I seem to be going from ambivalence about the result (whatever happens, the Tories are toast - Boris as PM/Gove as chancellor/Farage as Cabinet Minister? :rofl: - shirley too much baggage even for the might of Murkydochia?) to despair that so many seem absolutely convinced that the EU is the source af all the ills in the world and, if I'm honest, despair isn't a good look when you live in Hope (just North of Peterborough) :cry:
Proud to be 1 of the 76% - Solidarity...because PODEMOS
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Referendum night: when to nap and the results to watch

With no exit polls, if you are desperate to know whether Britain will leave the EU you’ll need to be up and alert from 2am (Guardian)
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... s-to-watch
nickyinnorfolk
Minister of State

Post by nickyinnorfolk »

Lonewolfie wrote:Morfterbubble afteralltinoon all...

A quick drop in to say 'Hi' and wish everyone well - although I'm useless at actually coming in and saying something, I really appreciate this place so many thanks to all who make it what it is :D

Here in Hope (just north of Peterborough) the Remains have it by 62% to 38%....but that's in my dreams and unfortunately I don't have a crystal ball or the ability to make it so...

Not sure if this was linked yesterday, but a little light relief...

British police foil pro-EU croissant plot

British police swooped to stop a Paris-baked plot to tempt Britons to stay in the European Union by handing out free, freshly baked croissants.
Police intervened on the eve of Wednesday's caper, telling volunteers from the French capital it would be illegal to offer food in the run-up to an election because it could corrupt the result.
The group of about 15 volunteers had brought hundreds of croissants to London on the Eurostar train from Paris, said organiser Rosa Rankin-Gee.
After being informed of the law, however, they instead decided to hand the French breakfast staple to a homeless shelter, with no political message attached, she said.

http://www.straitstimes.com/world/europ ... ssant-plot

...which became #operationcroissant on Twitter, prompting this sort of thing...
cestmagnifique2.JPG
...but this from Charlie Hebdo....with a different view...
opercroisch0139.jpg
What a lovely note from Hélène.

Find the Charlie Hebdo cartoon funny. The fat woman with a 'fuck off' tattoo isn't too far from reality, but it's interesting how the stereotype of the city gent persists, long after their disappearance (some point in the 70s?). It's Mr Banks in Mary Poppins and John Cleese at the Ministry of Silly Walks.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good-morning, everyone.
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

Mixed feelings on this. Brexit is going to be a horrible result. Remain is going to be a horrible result. It's just that one of them is going to be even more horrible than the other (in my view, and the view of those pesky experts). All I can say is that Brexit is going to be catastrophic for science in this country, which will suit all those anti-science, climate change denying wingnuts running the Leave campaign just fine. Who needs science in this country? After all we as a nation have only led the world in this endeavour for centuries. Just get rid of it. Rubbish stuff.

RoT. The huge amounts of rain we're seeing today, in June: the probability of its occurrence has increased due to climate change amplifying the impacts of the latest big El Niño. It's not like the science hasn't been saying this sort of thing for the past 30+ years or anything. But, experts and their silly expertise. What do they know, huh?
Donald Trump: Making America Hate Again
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

nickyinnorfolk wrote:What a lovely note from Hélène.

Find the Charlie Hebdo cartoon funny. The fat woman with a 'fuck off' tattoo isn't too far from reality, but it's interesting how the stereotype of the city gent persists, long after their disappearance (some point in the 70s?). It's Mr Banks in Mary Poppins and John Cleese at the Ministry of Silly Walks.
I note that the translation says, "who wants the English" not the British. And they're right, aren't they?
Donald Trump: Making America Hate Again
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

Morning all.

The only way I can describe our polling station this morning is as "heaving". There were cars everyone, people milling about outside. And all sorts of people too. A real contrast to the GE last year which was busy, but with no one looking much younger than about 65 apart from me, which was a bit freaky tbh. So the referendum seems to have motivated people to turn out, but how to vote I couldn't possibly guess.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

Morning all.

Hope you all get to cast your vote for whatever you think best.

Over at the G, the live blog up for just 2 hours and there are already 3,000-plus comments - and I have an important announcement!
Stratty was not first!!!!!
Shocked, I am.
(Perhaps he was champing at the bit outside his local polling station, itching to be first cast a vote in the whole of the UK.....)

This is going to be a Marathon. Which is Greek.
So we have spanakopita, tzatziki, and I'm off to get some pitta bread in a mo. I'll make some souvlaki later.

Pudding will be Italian. Strawberry granita.
Coffee's Italian too, as usual chez Ephie.

That's the menu.
Special requests must be in by 11am.

Enjoy!

(Obvs, if it wasn't for the gallstones, I'd lay in a supply of peanuts and Pringles and not bother with real food....)
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

18m ago 09:25

Leading leave campaigner Boris Johnson has told the Telegraph that today’s vote is more important to him than his future in British politics. (Politics Live, Guardian)
Cripes! I had no idea that it was that important . . . .
ScarletGas
Committee Chair

Post by ScarletGas »

Well, the day has arrived and this serial waverer has finally made up his mind.

Recently I have kept my own counsel on my position here but have lurked and taken note of the opinions expressed, not always agreeing but seeing the logic of everyones argument which in the past few weeks has been a bastion against the fact free and partial tone of the campaign and media.

I have up till now ventured between the Corbyn position (reluctant inner) to reluctant outer disliking the EU stance in relation to the bullying (as I see it) of smaller nations by the big boys & girls including Britain.

Over the past few days I have come to the conclusion that I would probably actually vote in because I have liked the position and presentation of Corbyns Labour rather than the "Project fear" approach by Cameron and Osborne.

Yesterday, actually ended up converting me to an "enthusiastic inner" My reasoning (which will be criticised by some I suspect) was that I looked at those people supporting Leave and saw that I disliked (let alone respected) pretty much all of the advocates of that position. Frankly if I had sided with Louise Mensch, Toby Young, Julia Hartley-Brewer,Katie Hopkins, Daily Mail,Sun,Nigel Farage,assorted far right politicians,little Englander celebrities and commentators I would have felt soiled and dirty unable to look myself in the mirror regardless of the result.

Yes I know this ridiculous referendum has created some strange bedfellows and the remain camp has some individuals I have reservations about but the thought of in any way supporting a position put forward by that bunch of has beens,never was anything and attention seekers was actually not an option when I think seriously about it.I mean we should vote on the basis of an opinion from Joan Collins, Ian Botham and Liz Hurley anyone!

Sure, I know we should vote on the basis of facts and policies (anyone notice any of these on either side?) so here is the clincher for me.

The sight of Boris Johnson,Michael Gove, Andrea Leadsom (look up her background!) Priti Patel and Chris Grayling and their acolytes telling me they are on the side of the people rather that the establishment and that they are the patriots (implying that anyone who votes remain is a traitor) made me sick to my stomach. Just look at their record over the past six years supporting a government that has done everything they can protecting the establishment against what they view as the little people and have acted in general in a way that is any thing but patriotic (if you apply the true sense of the word)

Of course the EU is not perfect and has to reform in many ways (despite what Juncker tells us) but sadly I trust it to protect our social rights, so strongly and courageously fought for over the generations rather that any government which has these people in influential positions let alone a Prime Minister Johnston

So rant over. Off I trot to my local polling station to proudly vote in knowing in my heart and head I am doing the correct and, yes,the patriotic thing!
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

I read somewhere in the press yesterday that Labour is very important in this campaign because "Remain" is so reliant upon the Labour Party's machinery.

No doubt this will be conveniently ignored should "Remain" win. But blame will definitely be aimed at Labour should "Out" prevail.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Btw can anyone remember what Dave's "deal" was?
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

I mean whatever happened to the "emergency brake"?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Btw can anyone remember what Dave's "deal" was?

I do remember that he dealt us a pretty crap hand, as usual. Referendum was trumps as I recall.
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

I voted in. I take the Corbyn line of much wrong with EU but offers better route than out.
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
ScarletGas
Committee Chair

Post by ScarletGas »

PorFavor wrote:

I do remember that he dealt us a pretty crap hand, as usual. Referendum was trumps as I recall.
Dave tells us he will stay (may not be his choice) whatever the result and will negotiate the terms if its Brexit. So if this comes to pass why would you what someone who has patently failed in a previous negotiation negotiating on your behalf again? Isn't that Einstein's definition of madness?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

yahyah wrote:Morning.

I'm blowed! We were still having heavy rain when I woke this morning and it thundered.
It's stopped raining now, but is steam bath humid, and horribly overcast.
Mr Ohso is at the hospital. When he comes back he'll take me to vote, then I'm going to release my worries by baking bread and doing an extra special cake for the radiology team, as tomorrow is the final day of Mr Ohso's six week treatment.

If RR2 is around, I hope all is okay and hopefully see you later.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Fecking Virgin broadband went down an hour ago Latest update is 2 be back on at 05 30 tonite
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

I agree with frightful_oik and ScarletGas above that Corbyn's understated but well argued reluctant "in" has probably been the best way to encourage those waverers among Labour voters to plump for "remain". He's presented an honest picture of a flawed choice and indicated that staying in is most likely the best way to protect jobs and workers rights. People who want to stop immigration above all else will vote leave because staying in means the free movement of people and Corbyn is right not to pretend otherwise. I just hope his honesty will convince people who aren't sure how to vote, that he is genuine in recommending "remain" as in the best interests of ordinary people. He won't reach and never could have reached, wavering Tory voters, however, and it will be their choice which will seal our fate, I suspect. The result hangs on whether Cameron still holds sway among his own kind and as I'm very definitely not of his own kind, it is impossible for me to judge whether his tawdry performance has been good enough. In many ways, I think we're about to find out who really holds the power in this country - the billionaire newspaper owners who want "out" to protect their tax havens or the politicians who mostly want "in" to protect the wider economy.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
Maeght
Committee Chair

Post by Maeght »

frightful_oik wrote:I voted in. I take the Corbyn line of much wrong with EU but offers better route than out.
I agree and have voted in. I would always have voted in but am grateful to Jeremy Corbyn for articulating exactly what I feel.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Yet of course the usual suspects are saying that Corbyn has had a dreadful campaign. :roll:
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

The TV thing where Jeremy Paxman lost all credibility seems to have been quietly buried. At least, I can't find any mention of it.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

News from my polling station, so close I can almost spit the distance is that it is extremely busy..

Detached from politics to a certain degree, this referendum could make me more detached, or invigorate?

But, the malicious side of me wants numpties like Mike Read, Keith Chegwin, that clown who owns Weatherspoons, Dyson cleaners and anti-establishment-member of the establishment Farage put back in their box.

Oh yes, hasn't Gary Lineker turned out to be a good 'un...
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Useful piece on when the results will be known

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06 ... ow-the-wi/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like getting a few hours kip and setting an early alarm may be a sensible strategy. Who will be here at 4.00 am?
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Yet of course the usual suspects are saying that Corbyn has had a dreadful campaign. :roll:
Which leader of a party is likely to carry 2/3 of its supporters?

Farage. Yes.
Corbyn. Highly likely.
Sturgeon. Yes.
Farron. Yes.
Cameron. Probably not.

What time is the 1922 meetup? The revolver, whisky tumbler and knives need prepping.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Do we already have a playlist?

I found this one

Brexit party playlist

The Final Countdown – Europe
Never Forget – Take That
Leave Right Now – Will Young
Never Gonna Give You Up – Rick Astley
Don’t Look Back in Anger – Oasis
Irreplaceable – Beyoncé
I Will Survive – Gloria Gaynor
Stay Another Day – East 17
Should I Stay Or Should I Go? – The Clash
Stay with Me – Shakespeare’s Sister
Don’t You Want Me? – Human League
Don’t Leave Me This Way – The Communards
Please Don’t Go – Haddaway
Swarthlander
Committee Chair

Post by Swarthlander »

Good morning folks. :D

I have voted 'remain' or 'in' or 'Europhile' or 'traitor' or whatever...
I voted by postal vote a couple of weeks ago.

I have never, will not and will never support Nationalist/Fascist ideals, they disgust me.

As for the weather, it's glorious sunshine and very warm here in the paradise that is North Yorkshire.

:P :D
"A lack of compassion is as vulgar as an excess of tears"
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

letsskiptotheleft wrote:News from my polling station, so close I can almost spit the distance is that it is extremely busy..

Detached from politics to a certain degree, this referendum could make me more detached, or invigorate?

But, the malicious side of me wants numpties like Mike Read, Keith Chegwin, that clown who owns Weatherspoons, Dyson cleaners and anti-establishment-member of the establishment Farage put back in their box.

Oh yes, hasn't Gary Lineker turned out to be a good 'un...
I hadn't realised there will be twelve regional counts, each with its own result.

They won't all be Remain I reckon :roll:
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

I'm now confused. Will the area results be announced? Then the Regions? Then the total?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

ScarletGas wrote:Well, the day has arrived and this serial waverer has finally made up his mind.

Recently I have kept my own counsel on my position here but have lurked and taken note of the opinions expressed, not always agreeing but seeing the logic of everyones argument which in the past few weeks has been a bastion against the fact free and partial tone of the campaign and media.

I have up till now ventured between the Corbyn position (reluctant inner) to reluctant outer disliking the EU stance in relation to the bullying (as I see it) of smaller nations by the big boys & girls including Britain.

Over the past few days I have come to the conclusion that I would probably actually vote in because I have liked the position and presentation of Corbyns Labour rather than the "Project fear" approach by Cameron and Osborne.

Yesterday, actually ended up converting me to an "enthusiastic inner" My reasoning (which will be criticised by some I suspect) was that I looked at those people supporting Leave and saw that I disliked (let alone respected) pretty much all of the advocates of that position. Frankly if I had sided with Louise Mensch, Toby Young, Julia Hartley-Brewer,Katie Hopkins, Daily Mail,Sun,Nigel Farage,assorted far right politicians,little Englander celebrities and commentators I would have felt soiled and dirty unable to look myself in the mirror regardless of the result.

Yes I know this ridiculous referendum has created some strange bedfellows and the remain camp has some individuals I have reservations about but the thought of in any way supporting a position put forward by that bunch of has beens,never was anything and attention seekers was actually not an option when I think seriously about it.I mean we should vote on the basis of an opinion from Joan Collins, Ian Botham and Liz Hurley anyone!

Sure, I know we should vote on the basis of facts and policies (anyone notice any of these on either side?) so here is the clincher for me.

The sight of Boris Johnson,Michael Gove, Andrea Leadsom (look up her background!) Priti Patel and Chris Grayling and their acolytes telling me they are on the side of the people rather that the establishment and that they are the patriots (implying that anyone who votes remain is a traitor) made me sick to my stomach. Just look at their record over the past six years supporting a government that has done everything they can protecting the establishment against what they view as the little people and have acted in general in a way that is any thing but patriotic (if you apply the true sense of the word)

Of course the EU is not perfect and has to reform in many ways (despite what Juncker tells us) but sadly I trust it to protect our social rights, so strongly and courageously fought for over the generations rather that any government which has these people in influential positions let alone a Prime Minister Johnston

So rant over. Off I trot to my local polling station to proudly vote in knowing in my heart and head I am doing the correct and, yes,the patriotic thing!
Well done. And snap as to why. Except that's been my strongest reason from the start. I've wavered a few times, tried to take in the fors and againsts, and desperately wished I didn't have to vote. Still wish that!

If it hadn't been for that bunch of vicious nasties, I'd have probably ended up voting leave or abstaining.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

TobyLatimer wrote:Fecking Virgin broadband went down an hour ago Latest update is 2 be back on at 05 30 tonite
Oh no!!!!
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Swarthlander wrote:Good morning folks. :D

I have never, will not and will never support Nationalist/Fascist ideals, they disgust me.

As for the weather, it's glorious sunshine and very warm here in the paradise that is North Yorkshire.

I'm not liking your emphasis of North there Swarthlander ;-) (Paul from West Yorkshire :twisted: )
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Do we already have a playlist?

I found this one

Brexit party playlist

The Final Countdown – Europe
Never Forget – Take That
Leave Right Now – Will Young
Never Gonna Give You Up – Rick Astley
Don’t Look Back in Anger – Oasis
Irreplaceable – Beyoncé
I Will Survive – Gloria Gaynor
Stay Another Day – East 17
Should I Stay Or Should I Go? – The Clash
Stay with Me – Shakespeare’s Sister
Don’t You Want Me? – Human League
Don’t Leave Me This Way – The Communards
Please Don’t Go – Haddaway

"I Should Have Known Better" by Jim Diamond (otherwise known as "Theme for David Cameron")?

Edited to close quotes
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

To point at more fish if he managed to say in the top job?
Swarthlander
Committee Chair

Post by Swarthlander »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
Swarthlander wrote:Good morning folks. :D

I'm not liking your emphasis of North there Swarthlander ;-) (Paul from West Yorkshire :twisted: )
It's just too easy. :dance:
"A lack of compassion is as vulgar as an excess of tears"
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

TobyLatimer wrote:Fecking Virgin broadband went down an hour ago Latest update is 2 be back on at 05 30 tonite
Confirmed here too, Toby! My spouse woke early to do leafleting for Labour (Remain). He left me a note notifying me our
internet connection wasn't functioning - profanity was futile. I turned on the computer to find internet connection back.
He's off to work now. I admire my husband - that's an aside.

P.S. Upon receiving a leaflet, one elderly person told him it was too late, the voting was over - my husband kindly explained
the mistake, polls are open until 10 PM today to vote.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

RobertSnozers wrote:I was up late last night still working on my novel, and some time after midnight on the morning of referendum day, a violent thunderstorm started - torrential rain, lurid flashes of lightning and thunder that sounded like the sky being torn. It was very portentous and left me with a sense of real foreboding. I hope, misplaced. Good luck today everyone
There was a big thunderstorm here last Thursday afternoon, just after the Cox news broke. I'm not superstitious but it somehow felt appropriate.

I hope that today can, against the odds, be the start of better things.
Last edited by AnatolyKasparov on Thu 23 Jun, 2016 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

I voted in although like OhSo I have wavered a lot. I do have an awful sense of foreboding though.

'There is a tide in the affairs of men, Which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune. Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat. And we must take the current when it serves, or lose our ventures.'