Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th June 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Re: Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th June 2016

Post by TobyLatimer »

The Brexit-Backers Who Regret Not Voting Remain After EU Referendum Results http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/b ... ef=uk-news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Word of the week. ‪#‎Regrexit‬
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Foreigners still not f**ked off yet

Despite a clear triumph for the Leave campaign several hours ago, it seems that many foreigners still haven’t f**ked off yet.

Simon Williams, a stockbroker from Cheshire, was left amazed when the Polish builders who were building his conservatory turned up as usual at 8am.

http://newsthump.com/2016/06/24/foreign ... d-off-yet/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

TobyLatimer wrote:The Brexit-Backers Who Regret Not Voting Remain After EU Referendum Results http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/b ... ef=uk-news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks Toby but I'm not going to read that.

Anyway, what about the 28% who couldn't be arsed to vote.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

The corbyn petition now has more signatories than Kendall, Burnham and Cooper managed votes in the Labour leadership election (combined)

The referendum was lost because the british working class despise the political class in this country. The Blairitie moderate whining fuckwits are the very people who are absolutely and utterly hated by the electorate. They simply donnt have the space in their tiny minds to realise that the world has changed from the 80s and 90s, nor the humility or self awareness to take responsibility for their role in diminishing the nation.

They are like mindless King Canutes trying to tuurn back the tide while the sea comes in. If you are not careful they will drown labour with their arrogance.

They would rather lose to Boris than win with Corbyn and that is why they are despised by their own voters.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

gilsey wrote:Did you mean to quote the other one, AK?
Yeah, not sure how that happened :)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MOre chilling watching this since the referendum
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

HindleA wrote:http://jackofkent.com/2016/06/why-the-a ... important/

Why the Article 50 notification is important
Thanks for linking this. I've bookmarked it for later reference. My first instinct was that the Tories in their duplicitous way would ignore why people voted out and would do a Norway type deal. What I didn't consider was that they may have the bare-faced brazeness to ignore the referendum completely and simply not leave. And yet they could, couldn't they? The media are already laying the groundwork by highlighting all the people who have changed their minds. A u-turn is already being prepped. They were careful when preparing the referendum legislation to make it non-binding, a deliberate, calculated choice. The person who chose to hold the referendum and declared he would be bound by its result has resigned. The referendum was set up as advisory and we are now bring primed to be grateful to a Tory government who sensibly chose not be advised by it for the sake of the economy. We chose to leave the EU, but we haven't left the EU, we haven't even been given a date for leaving the EU, just a "maybe in October". The EU can't make us leave. Only the UK government can decide to leave and they haven't yet. They are utter, utter duplicitous bastards and it's starting to dawn on me just how much I may have underestimated their contempt for democracy. We will probably be returning a Tory government in 2020 in grateful gratitude to them for not letting that nasty Nigel Farage and bigoted Labour voters take us out of the EU. And I'm only half joking.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
mbc1955
Lord Chancellor
Location: Stockport, Great Manchester in body, the Lake District at heart

Post by mbc1955 »

Willow904 wrote:

Thanks for linking this. I've bookmarked it for later reference. My first instinct was that the Tories in their duplicitous way would ignore why people voted out and would do a Norway type deal. What I didn't consider was that they may have the bare-faced brazeness to ignore the referendum completely and simply not leave. And yet they could, couldn't they? The media are already laying the groundwork by highlighting all the people who have changed their minds. A u-turn is already being prepped. They were careful when preparing the referendum legislation to make it non-binding, a deliberate, calculated choice. The person who chose to hold the referendum and declared he would be bound by its result has resigned. The referendum was set up as advisory and we are now bring primed to be grateful to a Tory government who sensibly chose not be advised by it for the sake of the economy. We chose to leave the EU, but we haven't left the EU, we haven't even been given a date for leaving the EU, just a "maybe in October". The EU can't make us leave. Only the UK government can decide to leave and they haven't yet. They are utter, utter duplicitous bastards and it's starting to dawn on me just how much I may have underestimated their contempt for democracy. We will probably be returning a Tory government in 2020 in grateful gratitude to them for not letting that nasty Nigel Farage and bigoted Labour voters take us out of the EU. And I'm only half joking.
Perfectly plausible scenario, and maybe even one that's preferable. I would really like to see how the vote would turn out if we re-ran the Referendum this coming Thursday, because I think that there would be a shift in enough people's thinking to reverse the result, maybe to the same margin.

But it doesn't really matter. The genie is out of the bottle now,and the Government forgot the essential factor in letting genie's out: always, always, always make your third wish that the genie go back in the bottle again.
The truth ferret speaks!
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

We have a few dedicated right wingers in our Lab branch. They seem to be worryingly fixated on Corbyn too...Tell you all the things they think are wrong, but to me seem unable, or unwilling to put forward their choice when in reality there is no one capable of taking over at present.

I put those in the PLP who are still undermining a democratic choice of leader on the same level as cowardly Cameron.
It's dereliction of duty. They have coldly and calculatedly chosen to put what they want in front of the needs of the country. It's unforgivable.

Edited to add: And we don't damn well have time to mess around with leadership battles right at this moment. Leave it for later.
Last edited by ohsocynical on Sat 25 Jun, 2016 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Once upon a time our blue blooded elites were not only born with a stiff upper lip and a silver spoon in their mouth, but their spines were stiffened by a lifetime of doing their duty for King/Queen and country.

Something drastic must have happened to their genetic make up.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

OGRPPFGTCC has decided he doesn't want to be captain of a ship he has caused to list if not sink.
"Why should I do the hard shit?" is what he is alleged to have said.

Before the referendum, this was the state of the nation under six years of his premiership, lest we forget -
A series of budgets that didn't make sense, a "long-term economic plan" (TM) that has doubled the national debt;
Creeping privatisation of our national health service, our education system, and our criminal justice system;
Swingeing cuts to council budgets, police, armed forces, border control, flood defences, and green policies;
Closures of libraries, SureStart centres; day care for elderly and disabled people, respite care, home help - cut;
Massive increases in waiting lists in NHS England, all targets missed, A&Es overloaded, and doctors on strike;
Massive spending on "welfare" reform, billions wasted, and claimants now so poor they need food banks or starve;
Lie after lie after lie - on every single subject.

Since the referendum, to that list we can now add absolute bloody chaos thanks to his self-interest and sheer cowardice as he runs away.

This poor excuse for a man is responsible for all the above, ably abetted by the rest of his sorry government who he has left behind to sort out the mess he's made of it all.

And some people are calling for Jeremy Corbyn to go.

FFS.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

One thing this campaign did do - finally reveal that Alan Johnson is almost entirely a media myth.

For those who don't know, *he* was actually meant to be running Labour's "in" campaign (not Corbyn)
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

I've just been talking to Show about this "non-binding" thing - he reckons that Brexit will go ahead, mainly because the Leavers would never live it down.
Despite the fact that Farage, Hannan, Fox et al are now saying that they didn't mean anything they said during the campaign, they'll carry on regardless.

Suppose the referendum WAS re-run - even if the vote changed appreciably, it would cause mayhem. Imagine the reaction of the far right if that happened.
As it is, this business has caused no end of trouble. Cameron should be thoroughly ashamed of himself.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

mbc1955 wrote:
Willow904 wrote:

Perfectly plausible scenario, and maybe even one that's preferable. I would really like to see how the vote would turn out if we re-ran the Referendum this coming Thursday, because I think that there would be a shift in enough people's thinking to reverse the result, maybe to the same margin.

But it doesn't really matter. The genie is out of the bottle now,and the Government forgot the essential factor in letting genie's out: always, always, always make your third wish that the genie go back in the bottle again.
I just hope Labour keep an eye on Article 50 and are conscious of potential double crosses. The complete lack of any media interest or interviews or even mentions of the majority of Tory supporters who voted "out" is deeply concerning to me. We keep being taken to Labour areas and treated to interviews with poorly educated "out" voters yet statistically speaking a more representative "out" voter would surely be a comfortably off Tory pensioner from rural England. A duplicitous Tory failure to leave the EU is appealing to me, but I also fear their treachery and the propaganda from the media. Like you, I wonder how this can end any way but badly. People are angry, frightened and confused and we have no leadership. Corbyn just made an ok speech and Nicola Sturgeon has just been on as well, but where the hell is the government? I'm getting a really bad feeling about this. Atlantic Bridge types like Liam Fox popping up; stalled TTIP annoying corporate America; a half in, half out UK destabilising the EU. I'm wondering who benefits from all of this and I'm not liking where my questions are taking me. Throw in a conscious choice by Cameron not to appoint an official deputy who would automatically accede on his resignation......

Where's the emoticon for a tin foil hat? :o
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

EU blames David Cameron for this mess and tells him to get his finger out and, furthermore, tells the UK to hurry up and piss off. They seem to have made plans for this eventuality - unlike some.

Edited - to remove a rogue "e"
Last edited by PorFavor on Sat 25 Jun, 2016 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.
Maeght
Committee Chair

Post by Maeght »

https://mainlymacro.blogspot.co.uk/2016 ... an-it.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just how bad will Brexit be, and can it be undone?

' Difficult, but not impossible. What is impossible is to try and remove Corbyn on the basis that he helped lose the referendum, for reasons I have explained before. In terms of those who should be blamed for the referendum result (Cameron, Osborne, Johnson, the tabloids, the BBC ….), Corbyn’s role is marginal at best.

Could you persuade Corbyn, Farron and Sturgeon to form an anti-Tory, pro-Remain alliance? Right now, as the horror of the Leave vote and a Johnson led Tory government become apparent, I think many party members could be convinced to do so, and that might put enough pressure on their leaders. It is, as far as I can see at the moment, the only way that Brexit, a right wing government led by our own version of Donald Trump, and perhaps the break up of the UK can be avoided. '

If only!
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

@willow. I heard someone on the radio yesterday saying the best indicator of which way people would vote was level of education. It's why I was half expecting a leave vote. The less well educated read papers like the Sun and the Mail who were pushing the blame foreigners for everything argument for years. As someone said earlier, these people will be cross when they see the outcome.
As for Corbyn, people keep saying he can't win elections: I'm struggling to think of one he's lost. Especially when you consider he's not only got the mainstream media AND his own MPs ranged against him. Anyone who wants to replace him should say whom they wish to replace him with. In return I'll tell them why they will lose.
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

I must reiterate that I don't blame Jeremy Corbyn for the outcome of the referendum. But the situations that have been thrown up as a result of it leads me to seriously doubt that he is the right person to deal with the things that the outcome has now thrown up (eg the possibility of a swift General Election).

I don't want to go more right or more centre - I just don't think that Jeremy Corbyn has got what it takes. I confess that I can't come up with a "name", though. If he stays on, he will retain my (unenthusiastic) support. I had hoped that he would have "trained up" and pushed forward a viable replacement.
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

Afternoon. Still in a blue funk.

Leavers on the radio was my theme for this morning. Instead of Danny Baker I heard Nicky Campbell falling back on cliches about "superstates", an inarticulate caller who couldn't make his case without resorting to "take back control", and a reasonably articulate one who couldn't do so without the words "faceless bureaucrats" and some sentimental guff about democracy which was adeptly destroyed (for everyone, basically, not just this chap) by the Phillip Collins piece yesterday. And later there was a jocular xenophobe who has a small apartment in southern Italy, and that has taught him that the Italians, Greeks, Spanish and Portuguese all take four hours off a day ergo the EU is useless.

Then you can go on Twitter and find no shortage of jaw-dropping gems like these:

But apparently I'm now a "hand-wringing liberal university type" snob for pointing this out.

Then there's (don't fall over in amazement) Peter Allen. Given the story that 1,000,000 people had signed the petition for a second referendum, his response was to say "I'm not really sure how that would work... the fact is it was one person, one vote, we chose to leave and we all have to get on with it." Admittedly I have not had Radio 5 on very much (all the way home yesterday afternoon for 1.5 hours, and most of this morning), but I am yet to hear any mention of regional EU funding and the possible effect of its withdrawal; Article 50 and the possible implications of delay; the shock horror possibility that it might have been a ruse, a calculated coup d'état, and that might be more important than the actual result; or indeed any questions over the decision to call it in the first place, or the quality of information available to people entrusted with a decision so momentous.

Nothing complicated, just a blind gratitude for utterly foolish plebiscites and excitement about future leadership contests. 90% of my opinion-shaping information has come from the internet. C4 News was good, although like earlier posters I would have preferred some views from well-off leavers in the Tory shires as well as strugglers in Romford and Barnsley.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

"Who's in charge here?"
"Er...no-one"

Shouldn't the Cabinet Secretary as the civil servant with the highest seniority start to make his presence felt at times like these?
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Just noticed that there was a lot of throwing up in my last post!
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

PorFavor wrote:I must reiterate that I don't blame Jeremy Corbyn for the outcome of the referendum. But the situations that have been thrown up as a result of it leads me to seriously doubt that he is the right person to deal with the things that the outcome has now thrown up (eg the possibility of a swift General Election).

I don't want to go more right or more centre - I just don't think that Jeremy Corbyn has got what it takes. I confess that I can't come up with a "name", though. If he stays on, he will retain my (unenthusiastic) support. I had hoped that he would have "trained up" and pushed forward a viable replacement.
Good lord.
Trained up a replacement(who?)and be party leader,fighting off the media,blairites and the tories,referendum in 9 months?
Don't you think that is expecting a bit much?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Rebecca wrote:
PorFavor wrote:I must reiterate that I don't blame Jeremy Corbyn for the outcome of the referendum. But the situations that have been thrown up as a result of it leads me to seriously doubt that he is the right person to deal with the things that the outcome has now thrown up (eg the possibility of a swift General Election).

Good lord.
Trained up a replacement(who?)and be party leader,fighting off the media,blairites and the tories,referendum in 9 months?
Don't you think that is expecting a bit much?
No - not really.
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

Bullseye.

PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Lord (Jonathan) Hill, British EU Commissioner, has just resigned (BBC News).
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

NonOxCol wrote:Bullseye.

One of the replies to this ACTUALLY SAYS:
Eli Westerman ‏@Eli89Westerman · 23h

@d3rrial @danharmon @oliviapaschal I didn't mean that I want a world war. I want the European Union to peacefully fall apart.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

And for a laugh --- I think

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2016/0 ... irish-sea/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/finta ... kw.twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fintan O’Toole: Brexit fantasy is about to come crashing down
Brexit vote reveals rancour and distrust at the heart of the English body politic
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

PorFavor wrote:Lord (Jonathan) Hill, British EU Commissioner, has just resigned (BBC News).
His statement is interesting - check out the final bit
Like many people here and in the UK, I am obviously very disappointed about the result of the referendum. I wanted it to end differently and had hoped that Britain would want to play a role in arguing for an outward-looking, flexible, competitive, free trade Europe. But the British people took a different decision, and that is the way that democracy works.
As we move to a new phase, I don't believe it is right that I should carry on as the British Commissioner as though nothing had happened. In line with what I discussed with the President of the Commission some weeks ago, I have therefore told him that I shall stand down. At the same time, there needs to be an orderly handover, so I have said that I will work with him to make sure that happens in the weeks ahead.

I am very grateful to Jean-Claude Juncker for giving me the chance to work on financial services and for the opportunity to help support jobs and growth in Europe. I was also glad to have worked with other Commissioners in trying to take forward our programme of reform, and to have had the chance to work with excellent officials at DG FISMA and in my own team.

I came to Brussels as someone who had campaigned against Britain joining the euro and who was sceptical about Europe. I will leave it certain that, despite its frustrations, our membership was good for our place in the world and good for our economy. But what is done cannot be undone and now we have to get on with making our new relationship with Europe work as well as possible.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Oops upside your head part 4,368.
Nigel Farage said back in May that 52-48 win for the Remain side in the EU referendum would be “unfinished business”.
In an interview with the Mirror the Ukip leader said such a narrow margin would prompt him to fight for a second referendum.
He said: “In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/n ... zwsjb81tt9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ScreenShot01436.jpg
ScreenShot01436.jpg (80.29 KiB) Viewed 5996 times
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

When Nigel calls to arms the Nigels Model Army will be prepared

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... ws-relaxed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ScreenShot01438.jpg
ScreenShot01438.jpg (64.28 KiB) Viewed 5992 times
Last edited by TobyLatimer on Sat 25 Jun, 2016 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

refitman wrote:Morning all. I've merged the two weekend threads and fixed the year in yahyah's.
Did she set it to 1950 because of the EU result? ;)
Donald Trump: Making America Hate Again
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

ohsocynical wrote:And for a laugh --- I think

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2016/0 ... irish-sea/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I must admit that I had a quick look at Irish house prices yesterday.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

He's already furious. Hell hath no fury like a Farrige scorned

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06 ... rom-the-e/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ScreenShot01439.jpg
ScreenShot01439.jpg (143.43 KiB) Viewed 5972 times
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

"Neoliberalism is the loss of the post-war knowledge that widespread prosperity is a bulwark against fascism and totalitarianism."

This has been haunting me since I read it the day before the vote.

Because the day after the vote there are more people invoking the f-word on much the same basis, such as this one from America:

ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Temulkar wrote:The corbyn petition now has more signatories than Kendall, Burnham and Cooper managed votes in the Labour leadership election (combined)

The referendum was lost because the british working class despise the political class in this country. The Blairitie moderate whining fuckwits are the very people who are absolutely and utterly hated by the electorate. They simply donnt have the space in their tiny minds to realise that the world has changed from the 80s and 90s, nor the humility or self awareness to take responsibility for their role in diminishing the nation.

They are like mindless King Canutes trying to tuurn back the tide while the sea comes in. If you are not careful they will drown labour with their arrogance.

They would rather lose to Boris than win with Corbyn and that is why they are despised by their own voters.
Yes. They failed to recognise that the fine line which has always existed between 'them' and 'us' has been well and truly trampled down by this government. And contempt for MPs as a whole didn't suddenly start in 2010. It's been building for a long time.
I remember the expenses scandal, when some Labour MPs who are still around, had had their noses well and truly in the trough, and even if they'd not broken the rules, had claimed big sums for electricity bills and similar. I was disgusted so not surprised to see some of them in the ranks of the discontents now.
Last edited by ohsocynical on Sat 25 Jun, 2016 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

David Cameron - "caretaker" Prime Minister? I get the "taker" bit - but "care"?

Edited - quotes moved
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

Meanwhile, to those asking what UKIP is for now it has achieved "independence", did you really need it spelling out?

RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Re the above - what did Farage expect exactly?

He has precisely one MP and the MEPs count for nothing now - that's kinda the point of the whole thing.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

This isn't going to end well...

JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

NonOxCol wrote:Meanwhile, to those asking what UKIP is for now it has achieved "independence", did you really need it spelling out?

Champions of the working class, huh.
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

RogerOThornhill wrote:This isn't going to end well...
...Snip...
THEY HAVE TO SHOUT ON TWITTER TOO?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

UKIP isn't going away, don't worry about that.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

AnatolyKasparov wrote:UKIP isn't going away, don't worry about that.
Maybe they should rename themselves the United Kingdom Immigration Party?
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:One thing this campaign did do - finally reveal that Alan Johnson is almost entirely a media myth.

For those who don't know, *he* was actually meant to be running Labour's "in" campaign (not Corbyn)
Exactly, AK.

AND I've still got some spanakopita left.
2 days I've had 'em.
It's Corbyn's fault for not coming round 'ere to eat them.

Just because Show scoffed all the cakes it's no excuse not to come and eat the leftovers.
I mean. Really. :roll:
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

@willow. I heard someone on the radio yesterday saying the best indicator of which way people would vote was level of education. It's why I was half expecting a leave vote. The less well educated read papers like the Sun and the Mail who were pushing the blame foreigners for everything argument for years. As someone said earlier, these people will be cross when they see the outcome.
As for Corbyn, people keep saying he can't win elections: I'm struggling to think of one he's lost. Especially when you consider he's not only got the mainstream media AND his own MPs ranged against him. Anyone who wants to replace him should say whom they wish to replace him with. In return I'll tell them why they will lose.
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:UKIP isn't going away, don't worry about that.
Maybe they should rename themselves the United Kingdom Immigration Party?
The Nationalists Against Significant Immigration Party? Fitting, I think.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

Corbyn really isn't that relevant right now. Why are the media obsessing about a couple of grumpy Labour backbenchers? They're the opposition ffs. This wouldn't be a story if any other party were involved.

In the meantime, where on earth is our Chancellor? We are facing stormy economic times as a result of a momentous vote and he hasn't made a single statement. He has disappeared and the media haven't even asked where he is, what's he doing to reassure markets, what are the implications of the Moody's downgrade etc, etc. So many questions for our Chancellor yet not a single journo anxious to ask them of him. WTF?