Monday 27th June 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Re: Monday 27th June 2016

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Re: 'crowded room'

I think this was mainly about libel and copyright issues. Just bear in mind that this is an open place. So don't post anything that someone else might see and reasonably challenge. That's all. ;-)
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

BBC just saying that they expect the new Conservative leader to be decided by 2 September. (For the benefit of whoever (sorry - I've forgotten) queried HindleA on the point. As did I, obliquely.)

Edited- brackets
Last edited by PorFavor on Mon 27 Jun, 2016 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

#PostBrexitRacism and #PostRefRacism are just as depressing today by the way.

And then you see a thread like this:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Here's a video of Skinner giving the v sign to the shadow cabinet splitters http://www.itv.com/news/update/2016-06- ... w-cabinet/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

JHB is not the sharpest tool in the box. Comes from the school of talking slowly and loudly in the hope it distracts from the words being risible nonsense.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

TR'sGhost wrote:Corbyn's enthusiasm for Remain, or lack of it.

Now, it's been a very long time since I was in a meeting with Jeremy Corbyn present. He was a young, for the time, back-bencher back then. I very much doubt he'd remember meeting me at all, but so what.

Back then, if what became the EU cropped up in a discussion, he was 100% for leaving. So was I. Absolutely in favour. As were most of the trades unions. Nalgo, as was, put out an excellent document through their research section that made a very strong economic argument for exit. Particularly about how the EU rules on member state's borrowing compared to their GDP would inevitably deepen any recession because as GDP fell so would the amount a member state could borrow, thus rendering Keynesian responses impossible and having a strong negative impact on the automatic economic stabilisers that help mitigate the effects of recession.

Since that pamphlet was written the EU requirements it so thoroughly damned have ceased to exist, and most trades unions now support membership, with some caveats, and no union has made leaving the EU a major campaigning point in a very long time.

So applying what I laughingly call a brain to the events and changing circumstances of the last 25 years mean in 2016 I thought a Brexit vote would result in a disaster so I voted Remain. Not because I think the EU is 110% perfect or that to even hint there might be the teeniest bit of a problem is tantamount to treason, but because events and changes in the concrete circumstances of the day mean 2016 is not 1992 and we have to analyse and address the situation we are in, not the one we would like to be in. And the times we are in force us to make choices between lesser and greater evils in the hope of getting the best possible outcome for the ordinary people.

And ignoring potentials for reform, ignoring defending ourselves against the onslaughts of predatory capitalism and proclaiming we should welcome a disaster for our people because it brings the revolution that little bit closer is to abdicate all responsibility for the state of the world. It's magical thinking.

So while I don't know Corbyn's train of thought about the EU over the years, I do know my own and I find it quite believable that he's changed his mind about the situation as well. And like him my support for the EU is provisional. Because I think there are some reforms and changes needed and also because while my crystal ball is usually as reliable as any other, it's not always 100% perfect.

There is a horrible and destructive tendency, thanks to "No U Turns" Margaret and her adoring press, frantic to turn any weakness she had into a virtue, to instantly damn as weak and indecisive any politician or expert in anything who says "On reflection, taking into account what we know now and didn't then and all the changes in the world since, I've changed my mind about something." And to smear them as someone who isn't fit to be listened to because they admitted they made a mistake once, so they might be making other mistakes. Vote for our favourite candidate, who insists they never, ever made a mistake or changed their mind.

It's doing politics, economics, science, everything on the basis that conspiracy theorists accept, believe and propagate total loads of bollocks. Because they can think of an expert who once made an error or lied, therefore all experts are automatically suspect, and none are to be believed. Unless they are "anti-establishment experts" like David Icke, Alex Jones, Galloway, Farage, Tea Partiers or Glenn Beck. None of whom threaten the establishment in the slightest, quite the opposite, they are often part of the establishment themselves and divert attention from what's really going on.

So they're actually doing a very useful job, intentionally or otherwise, for the existing order they claim to oppose because they divert people down blind alleys. Of course, that might change if their constant peddling of bonkers and/or reactionary ideas ever took enough hold to upset the economy, social order and place in the world of a major power of course. But that'll never happen. Will it?
Take ten thumbs up. Exactly how I view it. I voted no to joining way back then, and don't like the EU now, but as you say different times, different problems.
My reasons for voting Remain were because I didn't trust this government to get us through the huge changes if we Leave. And it looks as if I was spot on.

Europe itself changed when the Berlin wall came down.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

PorFavor wrote:
fedup59 wrote:For those who find corbyn inadequate as a leader at this point what are you looking for (honest question)?
Ideally, someone with a lot of Jeremy Corbyn's beliefs and values (I'm not sure that he is fully engaged with the concept of the EU in any form and I feel that his comfort zone is stuck largely in the early 1970s) but who is more both more engaged and, frankly, engaging. A close fit would do. I don't want to move further right or centre. Yes, I know - who?

I think this is a perfectly fair position to take but the problems is as you highlighted - who?

A few people did themselves no favours by getting involved in this shambles and the longer it goes on the more it becomes a fight for the soul of the party

Corbyn was not the right person to take on like this and he will stick in his heels - I imagine he thinks that the party will be taken back tot he right again and he will use the support he has in the membership and the NEC to ensure he is on the ballot

The coup was intended to remove him from the ballot and he has proved to be no IDS - I don't think even the loss of confidence of the PLP will phase him - he has the membership and he will probably tell any challengers to put up against him.

As I said this is a battle between the members and the PLP - the fact we have FPTP complicates it as MPs are not just linked to party - they are linked their constituents as well. That latter argument is difficult to make for most of the MPs though as they would get well beaten if they stood as independents - although they are welcome to do that.

This has become the put off battle for the soul of the party......it has been coming a while and the referendum is the catalyst (the fact the rebels chose this is very very poor form indeed)....and at the moment I am happier to have the direction of Corbyn rather than that of a Benn or a bloody Chris Leslie
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

PLB:
George Osborne’s efforts to calm the markets over Brexit proved fruitless as more than £40bn was wiped off the value of Britain’s biggest companies, the Press Association reports.
Remember folks, this man is an electoral genius(TM).
Donald Trump: Making America Hate Again
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

howsillyofme1 wrote:
PorFavor wrote:
fedup59 wrote:For those who find corbyn inadequate as a leader at this point what are you looking for (honest question)?
Ideally, someone with a lot of Jeremy Corbyn's beliefs and values (I'm not sure that he is fully engaged with the concept of the EU in any form and I feel that his comfort zone is stuck largely in the early 1970s) but who is more both more engaged and, frankly, engaging. A close fit would do. I don't want to move further right or centre. Yes, I know - who?

I think this is a perfectly fair position to take but the problems is as you highlighted - who?

A few people did themselves no favours by getting involved in this shambles and the longer it goes on the more it becomes a fight for the soul of the party

Corbyn was not the right person to take on like this and he will stick in his heels - I imagine he thinks that the party will be taken back tot he right again and he will use the support he has in the membership and the NEC to ensure he is on the ballot

The coup was intended to remove him from the ballot and he has proved to be no IDS - I don't think even the loss of confidence of the PLP will phase him - he has the membership and he will probably tell any challengers to put up against him.

As I said this is a battle between the members and the PLP - the fact we have FPTP complicates it as MPs are not just linked to party - they are linked their constituents as well. That latter argument is difficult to make for most of the MPs though as they would get well beaten if they stood as independents - although they are welcome to do that.

This has become the put off battle for the soul of the party......it has been coming a while and the referendum is the catalyst (the fact the rebels chose this is very very poor form indeed)....and at the moment I am happier to have the direction of Corbyn rather than that of a Benn or a bloody Chris Leslie
I dont think there will be a leadership election, but I do think that now he has control of the party aaparatus, and has the steel will that none of them epected, he has won. At least until a general election if its this year. The problem the splitters have now is they have shown their hand and completely marked their card with the membership. If corbyn wants to really grind the knife he brings back mandatory reseletcion and let the local partys have a bloodbath. Giving him control of the NEC was a massive blunder, as was doing this now when the country is in chaos. The timing and scale is so off the wall strategically that you have to ask what is pushing the agenda. Chilcott is my bet, because not even in their wildest imaginations can they be acting in the national or party interest.
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

Marina Hyde on good form:
Given that the victory speech he and Michael Gove made on Friday looked more like a hostage video, the chief purpose of Johnson’s column seemed to be to assure Britain he had Taken Back Control of his sphincter muscles.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... m-promises

Edit:
... on a morning of financial activity we’ll call Episode V: The Experts Strike Back.
Last edited by JonnyT1234 on Mon 27 Jun, 2016 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

I wonder if seeingclearly is managing to keep up with FTN. I bet she'll be spitting tacks not being able to join in....
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

howsillyofme1 wrote:
PorFavor wrote:

Further to this there is an election likely this year - if Corbyn wins then he may go for compulsory reselection and that could really set the cat amongst the pigeons as it would possibly lead to a real change in the composition of the party

Not a good idea at all in my view but then none of the options seem particularly appetising

If you are going to have a mutiny...you'd better know you are going to win or you will get hung from the yardarm.......or have to spend years in a desolate place hiding from the authorities (back to West Bromwich again....remind me who is MP for there again?)
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

Yeah, Im going to steal that yardarm line and tweet it!
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Mr Ohso is trying to watch the Spain Italy match. I was too, but I'm laughing too much. It's driving him mad.

I do love the British sense of humour.

howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

Just to get back to Brexit again...was just thinking on the tram on the way home

Europe's number one priority will be to prevent a snowball effect and to ensure that this does not happen elsewhere. Not sure how they will do that but I am sure that is keeping them awake more than Britain actually leaving. All short term decisions will need to be looked at through that prism. Whether it is a softly softly or hit hard depends on their judgement - I have no idea. I am coming round to softly-softly as long as it doean't threaten their ability to deliver stability

Once that is done then focus will turn on to Britain. It seems clearer and clearer that any Tory Government will look to keep us in the Single Market - they know that pulling out will lead to carnage in the markets as soon as there is any sniff it is not the case.

This is the ideal situation for the Europeans because at that point they have us.

They know the banks need passporting and that the big manufacturers will need EU access. I don't think they will even care about things where the EU has a trade advantage on us......tariffs, as have been mentioned elsewhere, are not that big a deal so even in the event of limited deal they may go for very low tariffs so they can continue to sell into our markets and us into theirs......eg cars and food

The main carrot though is financial services and there it is a win-win for the EU - no deal and the banks will move to the continent sharpish.....a Single Market deal under EEA rules will mean Free Movement, possibly Schengen (although that may be bargained away as it may not be that important anymore) and us paying in what we do now but without us sitting in the actual discussions moaning about everything

So after all this we are going to end up, in my guess, after a couple of years where we lose a lot of money and have a lot of pain with a deal that puts us back under EU control without any say, and perhaps even in Schengen

The other option, outside the EU, will lead to a loss of the financial sector, even if everyone plays nice with us over cars and other goods. That will make us even poorer

Well played guys!
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

Britain’s number 5 tennis player James Ward has made a surprising intervention into the Brexit debate on the opening day of Wimbledon, urging people to “stop panicking” and revealing that he had voted to leave and was happy with his decision.

In a press conference immediately after his straight sets defeat by the defending champion Novak Djokovic, Ward said: “Yeah, I voted out. I’m not fussed saying it. I don’t know others who are or not. But yeah, I voted out. I’m happy with my decision.”
Wheels coming off Leave's Brexit bus as Britain's no. 5 tennis player does not win Wimbledon as promised by their everything will be much better when we leave the EU campaign...

Edit: quote taken from PLB at the graun.
Last edited by JonnyT1234 on Mon 27 Jun, 2016 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

YES2 removing tories ‏@YESthatcherDead 40m40 minutes ago London, England
A BRIGHTER NOTE

Although sterling & price of oil fell

Sterling's fallen so much

With oil priced in dollars

Its sterling price increased
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

HindleA wrote:And my last remaining uncle passes away ,suddenly.The year of dying for our family,and it isn't over yet.
I'm sorry to hear that A.

It seems to be the year of dying in our village/hamlet. Our next-door neighbour died in February, the local farmer a few doors away in April, possibly unnecessarily but nobody could persuade him to go to the doctor, and our neighbour on the other side has just been told his cancer has spread to his brain and he has a couple of weeks left. :(
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Carol Angharad Retweeted
Éoin ‏@LabourEoin 4h4 hours ago

New General Election to be called in 8-9 weeks time.... Labour Plotters could not have chosen a worse time to split our party. Shame on them

:?: :?: :?:
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

So Starmer's gone.

Pauline Lane ‏@Antonineone1 2h
Thanks Keir! Some on the left thought you could eventually be leader when Corbyn retired. No chance now #KeepCorbyn " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So he's a rightie. They're all coming out of the woodwork...Cross him off the list of possible leaders then.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Bloody hell, something just flew over very low, very fast, with afterburners on.
Nearly gave me a heart attack.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Pauline Lane ‏@Antonineone1 2h2 hours ago

@OwenSmith_MPSmith's my MP
He told me he had easiest job in shadow cabinet which made him look good
because everyone hated DWP
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

ohsocynical wrote:So Starmer's gone.
Has he? Missed that one. Thanks.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

yahyah wrote:Bloody hell, something just flew over very low, very fast, with afterburners on.

Well it would be a good time for an invasion...But I shouldn't worry. Who'd want us.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

yahyah wrote:Bloody hell, something just flew over very low, very fast, with afterburners on.
We get that all the time, from RAF Leeming. Usually in pairs.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

ohsocynical wrote:
Temulkar wrote:Im even a little tempted to resign the Green Party, and rejoin Labour; these bastards stole my party once and I walked away. Dare I go back for round 2.
Go on ... Be a devil.

Bake him a cake, that might swing it.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Just remembered this.

Yesterday in all the chaos, I read that only 37% of youngsters voted. Exactly as I'd feared. Easy to say they'll vote. But can't be arsed to get their backsides out of the door. Or post their vote.

So, anyone who voted Leave and are feeling besieged or guilty by the 'You've ruined my children's future,' meme, can quote that figure at them.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

ohsocynical wrote:Mr Ohso is trying to watch the Spain Italy match. I was too, but I'm laughing too much. It's driving him mad.

Please don't tell us the score...I'm supporting Italy and we are watching it after supper.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Rachael ‏@Rachael_Swindon 3h3 hours ago

Seeming rather likely Lisa Nandy will stand against Jeremy Corbyn.

I've hardly heard of her.

Where's all those big brave men and women? Benn, Eagle, Owens?

If true; oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Is it me or are they lurching from one mistake to another?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

yahyah wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:Mr Ohso is trying to watch the Spain Italy match. I was too, but I'm laughing too much. It's driving him mad.

Please don't tell us the score...I'm supporting Italy and we are watching it after supper.
Okay. It's a good match...
55DegreesNorth
Minister of State

Post by 55DegreesNorth »

yahyah wrote:

Well, you've got Jenas, Viera and Vialli to oggle at halftime (and Linekar, if you're that way inclined).
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Brussels rejects Boris Johnson 'pipe dream' over single market access
Diplomats dismiss idea UK could stay in single market without obeying the rules, and German BDI also pushes back at claims

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... are_btn_tw

Now what are you going to do Boris.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

More for Boris to answer to.

The worrying thing is, are people still believing what he says?
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Temulkar wrote:And some good environmental news out of brexit that tubby will unfortunatly hate....

http://www.railnews.co.uk/news/2016/06/ ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Could it scupper Hinckley as well?

Every cloud and all that.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

TR'sGhost wrote:
You will note that when Boris and Herr Fuhrage say they never promised the NHS would get shedloads of cash after Brexit they are being absolutely truthful. What he and the rest of them said was that there would be more money available for the NHS. Well, I have money that's available for the purchase of a parrot, should I desire to own a parrot. Which I don't, not in the slightest. But I do have money available if I did. Which will no doubt boost confidence in the markets specialising in noisy bad-tempered birds with vicious bites, and make me the certain winner of the election for Presidency of the Black Country Parrot Owners Club.

laughed (other than hysterically) for the first time since about 5.30 on the morning of Friday June 24 2016.
Thanks!
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

gilsey wrote:
Temulkar wrote:And some good environmental news out of brexit that tubby will unfortunatly hate....

http://www.railnews.co.uk/news/2016/06/ ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hinckley is surely dead now...the French have been looking for an excuse....mind you will we need any power now seeing we are heading back to the Stone Age (massive over-exaggeration alert!!!)

In fact will be interesting to see how may of these big contracts have a Brexit, or some other get-out, clause
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Rumours are running amok surrounding just why these resignations have been seen en masse; from Corbyn’s alleged failure over the party’s remain campaign, to his stance on the Chilcot report into the Iraq war; however Sky News’ Sophie Ridge appeared to have another theory:

Sophy Ridge ✔ @SophyRidgeSky
I'm told the Labour MP co-ordinating & choreographing the resignations is @ConorMcGinn - significant as he's in Jeremy Corbyn's Whips Office
9:42 AM - 27 Jun 2016

Ridge said that:

He’s ringing shadow cabinet members and ministers, organising the timings and co-ordinating the resignations to try to cause maximum impact. This is significant because he’s one of Jeremy Corbyn’s Whips – tasked with ensuring party discipline.
This would seem the most plausible answer. McGinn was appointed chair of the Young Fabians in 2002, and is still active in the society. Out of the shadow cabinet resignations, 15 of them are supporters of, or involved with this faction of the party. Of the shadow ministers that have resigned, nine are Fabians. And of course, Margaret Hodge, who co-penned the no-confidence motion, is vice president of the society. Take into account, also, Fabian journalists like Polly Toynbee calling Corbyn “dismal, spineless and lifeless” – and you may have your “committee of war”. Furthermore, former prospective parliamentary candidate and Fabian Will Straw called for Corbyn’s resignation – in his position as director of “Britian Stronger in Europe”.

However, if Corbyn was feeling threatened and backed into a corner by the mass-mutiny, it didn’t show.

Is McGinn the cuckoo in the nest?

And Polly Toynbee - tut, tut, tut.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

ohsocynical wrote:Rachael ‏@Rachael_Swindon 3h3 hours ago

Seeming rather likely Lisa Nandy will stand against Jeremy Corbyn.

I've hardly heard of her.

Where's all those big brave men and women? Benn, Eagle, Owens?

If true; oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Is it me or are they lurching from one mistake to another?
They have blown it I think. They struck without knowing what to do and thought that bullying him would work. Is there nobody from Blair or Brown's whips who could have told them that once he was determined on a course he did not change his mind - ever. Macdonald and Skinner could be reasoned with, but on matters of principle Corbyn never gave an inch.

They have really undersetimated the man, now lets see how Nandy does against him. My betting is something akin to Kendall.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

howsillyofme1 wrote:
gilsey wrote:

Hinckley is surely dead now...the French have been looking for an excuse....mind you will we need any power now seeing we are heading back to the Stone Age (massive over-exaggeration alert!!!)

In fact will be interesting to see how may of these big contracts have a Brexit, or some other get-out, clause
Where is Tubby?
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

ohsocynical wrote:
howsillyofme1 wrote:
gilsey wrote: Could it scupper Hinckley as well?

Where is Tubby?

Probably loathe to get involved in the Corbyn arguments...might be tempted back by HS2 though

I am not convinced it will be out of the way....new Government may go for big spending to take mind of the mess they have made of everything else, especially as interest rates are next to nothing

You could almost call it Social Nationalist
ScarletGas
Committee Chair

Post by ScarletGas »

JonnyT1234 wrote:
Britain’s number 5 tennis player James Ward has made a surprising intervention into the Brexit debate on the opening day of Wimbledon, urging people to “stop panicking” and revealing that he had voted to leave and was happy with his decision.

In a press conference immediately after his straight sets defeat by the defending champion Novak Djokovic, Ward said: “Yeah, I voted out. I’m not fussed saying it. I don’t know others who are or not. But yeah, I voted out. I’m happy with my decision.”
Wheels coming off Leave's Brexit bus as Britain's no. 5 tennis player does not win Wimbledon as promised by their everything will be much better when we leave the EU campaign...

Edit: quote taken from PLB at the graun.
Nothing to do with the fact he is being sponsored by that bastion of journalistic integrity The Sun of course!
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

emmie thompson ‏@kandidity 4h4 hours ago
@tim_twa01 Can't make the demo. Frustrating, but I have something on. Seeing a lot of new people signing up for Labour on FB. To vote for JC
I wonder if the BBC in their frenzy over the Labour party giving them oodles of negativity to broadcast, will show the demo?

Any takers?
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cl9lyqtWEAAd6zS.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Hah! Rachel of Swindon has started Tweeting photographs of Labour rebels.

Benn is first with a reminder he voted for the Iraq war, and abstained from voting against the Tories Welfare bill.

What do they say? All's fair in love and politics.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

I'm just trying to float above it all, and see what happens. Or it'll drive me crackers.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Jon SnowVerified account
‏@jonsnowC4
Tonight @Channel4News 7.00pm to 8.30pm Don't miss it! Ninety minutes of 'Britain adrift': amid the worst constitutional crisis in 200 years.

Thank God there's one news outlet that has got its priorities right.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

yahyah wrote:I'm just trying to float above it all, and see what happens. Or it'll drive me crackers.
Wise
:heart:
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

ohsocynical wrote:
emmie thompson ‏@kandidity 4h4 hours ago
@tim_twa01 Can't make the demo. Frustrating, but I have something on. Seeing a lot of new people signing up for Labour on FB. To vote for JC
I wonder if the BBC in their frenzy over the Labour party giving them oodles of negativity to broadcast, will show the demo?

Any takers?
Yes - they've given it a fair bit of attention, actually. Along with referring to Lisa Nandy (who unobligingly doesn't have a rival sister) as Lisa Nando. They can't help themselves where Labour is concerned.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I've no idea what's going on.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

citizenJA wrote:I've no idea what's going on.
Power Struggle.