Thursday 30th June 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 30th June 2016

Post by AngryAsWell »

A happy tail to end a miserable day on
Family reunited with dog nine years after he was stolen

http://www.braintreeandwithamtimes.co.u ... as_stolen/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mbc1955
Lord Chancellor
Location: Stockport, Great Manchester in body, the Lake District at heart

Post by mbc1955 »

RobertSnozers wrote:
MBC is not an official part of Momentum. It is a self-described 'splinter group aiming for more “black power”'. As far as I can tell it is one or two activists, a Facebook group and a blog.
I certainly am NOT!

Everyone who knows me knows that I have absolutely no momentum whatsoever.

Have a care, sirrah!
The truth ferret speaks!
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Apparently the DM is backing...Theresa May.

Quite what their star columnist, one Mrs Gove, will make of that is anybody's guess.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Oh dear...Rentoul calls it wrong...

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/mic ... 10881.html
What does Gove offer, apart from being charming, clever and socially concerned? He is the candidate of Paul Dacre, editor of the Daily Mail, and Rupert Murdoch, owner of The Sun and The Times.
:D
Last edited by RogerOThornhill on Thu 30 Jun, 2016 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

Final post of the night...

Just reflecting on the ant-Semite press conference today and remembering the context

This whole thing was set up as a reaction to the press and Cameron having a feeding frenzy about some comments by a very small number of Labour activists (unfortunately some high profile) who made ill-advised comemnts that if looked at in a certain way could be construed as anti-semitic. Actually, the difficulty was the perennial one about whether anti-Israli and anti-Zionist comments are anti-Semitic

Corbyn set up the inquiry pretty quickly and actually was criticised for it as was in itself seen to be an over-reaction

The report say that Labour doesn't have an appreciable issue and that with some more careful use of language things should be okay

Compare this to the far worse comments mad by the PM and Michael Fallon on muslims, especially the linking of an imam to a terrorist organisation. Following on from that was the appallingly racist campaign by Goldsmith, and the churlish behaviour of Cameron towards Khan

Did the Tories get forced into the inquiry into racism within their party by the press? Have those Labour members of the PLP concentrated a sustained criticism on the Tories for their behaviour? Guess the answer
TR'sGhost
Minister of State

Post by TR'sGhost »

howsillyofme1 wrote:
Maeght wrote:This article has made me so mad.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 11906.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Does anybody think Angela Eagle and her friends could be so cruel if it turns out to be true?

I think we forget that he is a 66 year old man and this bullying has been unacceptable. Even if you disagree with his politics there is no excuse for what is happening and, if this is true, I will be very disappointed. The idea of breaking someone is repugnant

Talking of repugnant it seems that Gove has shot his bolt as well.....astonishing

Theresa May is favourite and that is interesting as she was nominally Remain and did absolutely Sweet FA......she made no efforts at all and yet she has managed to come out of it all smelling of roses
Perhaps by doing nothing she managed not to mortally offend either camp so the less headbanging end of the Brexit faction might go for her instead of the divisive, just stabbed his best mate in the back Gove? At least, that's what I suspect she'll wheel out as her unique selling point.
I'm getting tired of calming down....
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Economic Well-being
Presents indicators that adjust or supplement more traditional measures such as GDP to
give a more rounded and comprehensive basis for assessing changes in economic well-being.

"Net national disposable income (NNDI) per head fell by 0.9% in Q1 2016 compared with the same quarter
a year ago, despite GDP per head increasing 1.3% over the same period. This was mainly due to a deterioration
in the balance of earnings on direct investment, which decreased from negative £1.1 billion to negative £7.2 billion
between Q1 2015 and Q1 2016.
"

http://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationa ... ntomar2016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(my emphasis)

Released today
Balance of earnings on direct investment decreased from -£1.1 billion to -£7.2 billion in a year
Is that precedented?
NeilBB
Backbencher

Post by NeilBB »

A rare login for me, but I just wanted to say thank you to everybody for making this a great forum. Have a round of applause! :clap:

http://tinyurl.com/zlmglpo