Monday 11th July 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Re: Monday 11th July 2016

Post by JonnyT1234 »

Rebecca wrote:I would much rather watch Mrs May doing her Thatcher impersonation than Camerons' smug,sneering,born to rule fat face any day.
True. But is it wrong of me if the Thatcher impression I'd prefer to see is her 'weepy, leaving Downing Street with a few hundred knives in her back' one?
Donald Trump: Making America Hate Again
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

Rebecca wrote:I would much rather watch Mrs May doing her Thatcher impersonation than Camerons' smug,sneering,born to rule fat face any day.
She is an illiberal authoritArian. Over and over again she has proved it.

Cameron was not quite that.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Cameron was not quite anything - in the end that was maybe what brought him down?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

JonnyT1234 wrote:
True. But is it wrong of me if the Thatcher impression I'd prefer to see is her 'weepy, leaving Downing Street with a few hundred knives in her back' one?
Give her time,she hasn't even moved in yet.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

Cameron was alleged to have been humming a little ditty as he returned to No.10 after his press statement.

Put me in mind of this from the Police -
"De doo doo doo
De dah dah dah
Is all I want to say to you"

Pretty much sums everything he's ever said, really.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

Hugo, if the Labour Party is guaranteed to lose an early election, why would they support one being called? The FTPA means that it can't happen unless the LP support it. I mean, why would the PLP do something so stupid as to needlessly commit seppuku? ... Ah, um, oh...
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Anna Soubry trying desperately hard to bluff her way through the "there should be a GE" question from Jon Snow. Of course, it's local businesses and constituents that re telling her that they don't want one...
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

Rebecca wrote:
JonnyT1234 wrote:
I'd rather not...
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

Rebecca wrote:
Temulkar wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote: Oh either Smith or Eagle is better than Corbyn by far. They won't win a general election, the damage to Labour from the last year is far too great by now to be reversed before a General Election, but they would save it as a viable political party.

They won't win of course. They'll lose. Which will mean we will carry on as we now are, with the 172 on the backbenches, and the Campaign Group and Andy Burnham running the shadow cabinet (until the latter goes to Manchester if he is lucky).

Next year it will be the same again: another challenge.

So it is now a race. Will Corbyn, McDonnell and Milne be able to transform the Labour Parliamentary party (through deselections etc) or will the members finally tire of Corbyn and elect someone from the mainstream of the PLP. He won't last forever.

All that is over is the opening period where the bulk of the PLP tried to make it work. We won't be going back to that ever.

of course, by the Spring May may pull the trigger and call an election, and Labour would be completely crushed.
If May wants to crush Labour she calls an October/September election, by next year serious brexit chickens will have come home to roost and a GE win against a unified corbyn party is no dead cert then.

As for Labour, one of the reasons that the plotters launched this week is the NEC ballot papers went out today, and given the membership it is likely that the NEC will be solidly to the left soon. A landslide win for Corbyn in the leadership election will see most of the 172 crack and come online - second mandate, must respect the members etc etc etc - about 25-30 will either take the SDP2 route when faced with reselection or will try and wreak havoc from the backbenches in order to fullfill their own prophecies of doom. To be honest know-nothing gobshites like Jamie Reed have egos so brobdignagian in stature I doubt he will be able to bear being in a left wing labour. There are a few others who will follow, I can only hope Kinnock minor will be one.

Ultimately the only way to unify labour is for one or other of the extreme wings to split, it is not going to be the corbyn left that goes, as thats the members, the CLP's the activists etc. So the New Democrats or whatever they call themselves will stand next May and get mullered in the polls.

Have you joined the LP yet Tem?
Come on,just for the leadership elections.
I am told I would be rather quickly rejected for this leadership ballot and election given my outspoken Greenishness.
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

JonnyT1234 wrote:
Rebecca wrote:
JonnyT1234 wrote: True. But is it wrong of me if the Thatcher impression I'd prefer to see is her 'weepy, leaving Downing Street with a few hundred knives in her back' one?
I'd rather not...
Imo she is the best of a poor bunch.Gove?Boris?Leadsom?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Chuka Umunna, tipped as a potential future leader, has admitted his is a member of ASmallWorld, which is known as MySpace for Millionaires", under a pseudonym.
One Tory MP called for his resignation for "trashing" Britain's capital city, while others criticised him for trying to hide his love of a "glitzy wealthy lifestyle".
According to The Daily Mail, the shadow Business Secretary registered under his middle name, Harrison. In comments on the site from 2006, he said: "Is it just me or is there a serious lack of cool places to go in central London at the weekends.
"Most of the West End haunts seem to be full of trash and C-list wannabes, while other places that should know better opt for the cheesy vibe."
The millionaire former lawyer then called for recommendations for "a trash-free, decent night".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... twork.html

I don't begrudge anyone their money, or their life style. But if this how they view their fellow men, then I don't think public office is the place for them.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

JonnyT1234 wrote:Hugo, if the Labour Party is guaranteed to lose an early election, why would they support one being called? The FTPA means that it can't happen unless the LP support it. I mean, why would the PLP do something so stupid as to needlessly commit seppuku? ... Ah, um, oh...
Because that is politics. Oppositions, who have no control always always confidently call for elections.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

RobertSnozers wrote:
Temulkar wrote:
Rebecca wrote:

Have you joined the LP yet Tem?
Come on,just for the leadership elections.
I am told I would be rather quickly rejected for this leadership ballot and election given my outspoken Greenishness.
Worth a try though? You've been a member before, that must count for something.
I believe that is what makes me a militant supporting trot - my father would be so proud, after thirty years he's won the fucking argument.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

SpinningHugo wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote: You do love to refight yesterday's battles. The Blairites lost. Numerically, they are a tiny group, It really isn't relevant to today.
They are disproportionately influential, though - and still more in the media of course.

And alas its not "yesterday's battles" as much as we might wish - the utterly appalling behaviour behaviour of some towards Ed is a major reason why we have Corbyn now.

They aren't influential in the party at all. The reason the likes of, say, Kendall or Hunt or Umunna get media attention is because they're competent on tv. Lots aren't.

And arguing about how Corbyn came about is yesterday's battle again. You're looking back not forward all the time.

David Miliband really really is not coming back.

Neither Liz Kendall nor anyone like her is going to lead the Labour party.

Worrying about the trivial past while the party dies in front if you is silly.

Added

And being blunt the reason you do that is it is the easy option.

The current problems the Labour party faces are almost nothing to do with say Tristram Hunt, Attacking the (defeated irrelevant) Blairites means you won't get into any difficult confrontation. Everyone here for example (possibly saving me) agrees. But you think Corbyn needs to go as do I.* That* is the live issue,
So Blair and Mandelson are being the souls of discretion and keeping well out of the limelight. And David Miliband's name isn't still appearing in Opinion Polls [Opinium] in reference to preferences for the Labour leadership.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

YOu know it's that which really grinds my gears - being labelled a militant trot - Dad really was a militant supporting trot, I know exactly what a militant supporting trot is like, Im just a moderate social democrat thats suddenly labelled an extremist. That if nothing else demonstrates how out of touch the PL are.

Oh that and Jamie Reed calling for a Doctor's mandate a la Ramsay - I mean are these fuckkncuckled bilge trumpeting loiter sacks so lacking in their own party's bitter history that they would emulate that, do they honestly lack the level of self awareness to understand that?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Temulkar wrote:YOu know it's that which really grinds my gears - being labelled a militant trot - Dad really was a militant supporting trot, I know exactly what a militant supporting trot is like, Im just a moderate social democrat thats suddenly labelled an extremist. That if nothing else demonstrates how out of touch the PL are.

Oh that and Jamie Reed calling for a Doctor's mandate a la Ramsay - I mean are these fuckkncuckled bilge trumpeting loiter sacks so lacking in their own party's bitter history that they would emulate that, do they honestly lack the level of self awareness to understand that?
D'you wanna trade some of my seething quota? Am all seethed out myself just now and have some to spare.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

SpinningHugo wrote:
JonnyT1234 wrote:Hugo, if the Labour Party is guaranteed to lose an early election, why would they support one being called? The FTPA means that it can't happen unless the LP support it. I mean, why would the PLP do something so stupid as to needlessly commit seppuku? ... Ah, um, oh...
Because that is politics. Oppositions, who have no control always always confidently call for elections.
Whoosh.
thatchersorphan
Committee Chair

Post by thatchersorphan »

http://news.crocels.com/news/8412/owen- ... volvement/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; The member of Parliament for Pontypridd, Owen Smith, has been outed as a supporter of greater private involvement in the NHS, only hours before his wife Liz Smith asks for the support of the people of Llantrisant in voting for her.
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

Temulkar wrote:YOu know it's that which really grinds my gears - being labelled a militant trot - Dad really was a militant supporting trot, I know exactly what a militant supporting trot is like, Im just a moderate social democrat thats suddenly labelled an extremist. That if nothing else demonstrates how out of touch the PL are.

And I have suddenly turned into a cult member.
Pisses me off.
pala
Backbencher

Post by pala »

SpinningHugo wrote:
yahyah wrote:So where is this wonderful candidate Hugo ? The one we should all vote for, who will be competent and the voters will love ?
Oh either Smith or Eagle is better than Corbyn by far. They won't win a general election, the damage to Labour from the last year is far too great by now to be reversed before a General Election, but they would save it as a viable political party.

They won't win of course. They'll lose. Which will mean we will carry on as we now are, with the 172 on the backbenches, and the Campaign Group and Andy Burnham running the shadow cabinet (until the latter goes to Manchester if he is lucky).

Damage done by you and your like.
thatchersorphan
Committee Chair

Post by thatchersorphan »

http://press.labour.org.uk/post/1295602 ... full-scale" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Owen smith on WCA
There's also http://voxpoliticalonline.com/2015/03/1 ... -its-ways/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but I haven't found verification elsewhere
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

thatchersorphan wrote:http://news.crocels.com/news/8412/owen- ... volvement/ The member of Parliament for Pontypridd, Owen Smith, has been outed as a supporter of greater private involvement in the NHS, only hours before his wife Liz Smith asks for the support of the people of Llantrisant in voting for her.
Blimey,are they all at it?
Do you remember when Corbyn was given his dream bike?£400 or something?Donated it to charity because he couldn't accept so much.
Bonnylad
Committee Member

Post by Bonnylad »

Skybet next labour party leader odds

Next Permanent Labour Leader
After Jeremy Corbyn

Owen Smith 3/1

Angela Eagle 4/1

David Miliband 10/1

Dan Jarvis 14/1

John McDonnell 14/1

Clive Lewis 14/1

Tom Watson 16/1

Hilary Benn 16/1

Andy Burnham 16/1

Chuka Umunna 20/1

Lisa Nandy 22/1

Yvette Cooper 25/1

Keir Starmer 33/1

Stephen Kinnock 40/1

Emily Thornberry 50/1

Gisela Stuart 50/1

Alan Johnson 66/1

Stella Creasy 80/1

Ed Balls 80/1

Ed Miliband 100/1

Harriet Harman 100/1

Margaret Hodge 100/1

Jess Phillips 100/1

Heidi Alexander 100/1

Diane Abbott 100/1

Jon Trickett 100/1

Liz Kendall 100/1

Michael Dugher 100/1

Mary Creagh 100/1

Rachel Reeves 150/1

Luciana Berger 150/1

Lucy Powell 150/1

Sadiq Khan 150/1

Jim McMahon 150/1

Maria Eagle 150/1

Rushanara Ali 150/1

Tristram Hunt 150/1

Chris Bryant 150/1

Caroline Flint 150/1

Jonathan Ashworth 150/1

Chris Leslie 150/1

Wes Streeting 200/1

Rosie Winterton 200/1

Emma Reynolds 200/1

Jamie Reed 200/1

Meg Hillier 200/1

Gordon Brown 200/1

Tony Blair 200/1

John Woodcock 200/1

Matthew Pennycock 200/1

Vernon Coaker 200/1

Gloria de Piero 200/1

Simon Danczuk 200/1

For all events in-play now and coming up see our Live Betting Calendar

Also available now
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

I'd be very happy to have Gordon back. After Carney he's the "only (other) adult" left in the country.

It's getting to the point where it doesn't make much difference to me whether the Tories or Labour are in. To be honest. Which is why (and apologies if this stresses you out I don't mean it to) I'm OK with the idea of the party splitting. Then at least there might be someone to represent something marginally approximating my own thinking.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

chromosomes.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

mbc1955 wrote:
HindleA wrote:Queen abdicates.
If only.
Sorry I've already nominated PorFavor as our benevolent dictator ;-)
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
mbc1955 wrote:
If only.
Am having grammatical performance anxiety at the thought.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

SharonAvraham ‏@Sharonavraham 1h1 hour ago
Cameron heard happily humming a tune as he walks back into No. 10. Probably thinking, what a mess I've made.Let the mugs sort it out #Brexit
Sort of shows how little he really cared about the job except as something to put on his CV.
mbc1955
Lord Chancellor
Location: Stockport, Great Manchester in body, the Lake District at heart

Post by mbc1955 »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
mbc1955 wrote:
If only.
Oh, if we're going to start talking dictators, I'm throwing my plumed hat into the ring. I have excellent credentials: I haven't been anywhere near the omnishambles that Her Majesty's Government and Loyal Opposition have effortlessly contrived to create, and I'm prepared to give very firm orders, including the reopening of the Tower for every single Leave leader who has since bottled out of actually handling the situation they've created.
The truth ferret speaks!
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

RobertSnozers wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:Cameron was not quite anything - in the end that was maybe what brought him down?
There are lots of reasons for Cameron's downfall. High on the list must be pretending to be Eurosceptic for years when he was not.
Well except he actually was even if he wasn't. I remind you again of his tactical move that made him leader and then PM in the first place, when he promised to withdraw the Tories from the centre right coalition in the EU parliament, which he then did, winning the support of the Eurosceptic brigade.

I said at the time that this would lose him all influence in the EU and that it would come back to bite him. It did. And us all. Pillock.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Bonnylad wrote:Skybet next labour party leader odds

Next Permanent Labour Leader
After Jeremy Corbyn

Owen Smith 3/1

Angela Eagle 4/1

David Miliband 10/1

Dan Jarvis 14/1

John McDonnell 14/1

Clive Lewis 14/1

Tom Watson 16/1

Hilary Benn 16/1

Andy Burnham 16/1

Chuka Umunna 20/1

Lisa Nandy 22/1

Yvette Cooper 25/1

Keir Starmer 33/1

Stephen Kinnock 40/1

Emily Thornberry 50/1

Gisela Stuart 50/1

Alan Johnson 66/1

Stella Creasy 80/1

Ed Balls 80/1

Ed Miliband 100/1

Harriet Harman 100/1

Margaret Hodge 100/1

Jess Phillips 100/1

Heidi Alexander 100/1

Diane Abbott 100/1

Jon Trickett 100/1

Liz Kendall 100/1

Michael Dugher 100/1

Mary Creagh 100/1

Rachel Reeves 150/1

Luciana Berger 150/1

Lucy Powell 150/1

Sadiq Khan 150/1

Jim McMahon 150/1

Maria Eagle 150/1

Rushanara Ali 150/1

Tristram Hunt 150/1

Chris Bryant 150/1

Caroline Flint 150/1

Jonathan Ashworth 150/1

Chris Leslie 150/1

Wes Streeting 200/1

Rosie Winterton 200/1

Emma Reynolds 200/1

Jamie Reed 200/1

Meg Hillier 200/1

Gordon Brown 200/1

Tony Blair 200/1

John Woodcock 200/1

Matthew Pennycock 200/1

Vernon Coaker 200/1

Gloria de Piero 200/1

Simon Danczuk 200/1

For all events in-play now and coming up see our Live Betting Calendar

Also available now
See. There's David Miliband's name again. :fire: And are people really putting money on Blair making a comeback?
The awful thing is it would never surprise me. The PLP's destructive behaviour is so puzzling I'm beginning to think there is something even worse on the way.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

ohsocynical wrote:
See. There's David Miliband's name again. :fire:
exactly. hence my strange (if not dangerous) sang froid.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ohsocynical wrote:

Next Permanent Labour Leader (cJA edit)
See. There's David Miliband's name again. :fire: And are people really putting money on Blair making a comeback?
The awful thing is it would never surprise me. The PLP's destructive behaviour is so puzzling I'm beginning to think there is something even worse on the way.
Is it the PLP making the names get placed on Skybet with odds?
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

ohsocynical wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote: They are disproportionately influential, though - and still more in the media of course.

And alas its not "yesterday's battles" as much as we might wish - the utterly appalling behaviour behaviour of some towards Ed is a major reason why we have Corbyn now.

They aren't influential in the party at all. The reason the likes of, say, Kendall or Hunt or Umunna get media attention is because they're competent on tv. Lots aren't.

And arguing about how Corbyn came about is yesterday's battle again. You're looking back not forward all the time.

David Miliband really really is not coming back.

Neither Liz Kendall nor anyone like her is going to lead the Labour party.

Worrying about the trivial past while the party dies in front if you is silly.

Added

And being blunt the reason you do that is it is the easy option.

The current problems the Labour party faces are almost nothing to do with say Tristram Hunt, Attacking the (defeated irrelevant) Blairites means you won't get into any difficult confrontation. Everyone here for example (possibly saving me) agrees. But you think Corbyn needs to go as do I.* That* is the live issue,
So Blair and Mandelson are being the souls of discretion and keeping well out of the limelight. And David Miliband's name isn't still appearing in Opinion Polls [Opinium] in reference to preferences for the Labour leadership.
If you think David Miliband is going to make a comeback you're a fantasist. There is more chance of Blair being PM.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

citizenJA wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:

No it is Skybet making money. because that is their business.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

The moves, announced by the incoming prime minister just minutes before her rival, Andrea Leadsom, pulled out of the leadership contest, include allowing employee and consumer representatives to sit on company boards
from the graun live.

Ironically common practice and rather effective in the NL, De ... (EU nations) ...
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

tinyclanger2 wrote:
The moves, announced by the incoming prime minister just minutes before her rival, Andrea Leadsom, pulled out of the leadership contest, include allowing employee and consumer representatives to sit on company boards
from the graun live.

Ironically common practice and rather effective in the NL, De ... (EU nations) ...
She'll be completely unelectable.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Bloody Lefty !
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

Looks to me like Owen Smith is waiting to see if Corbyn gets on the ballot before deciding whether to stand. At best a rank oppurtunist at worst, as ohso says, snivelling cowardice.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Rebecca wrote:
thatchersorphan wrote:http://news.crocels.com/news/8412/owen- ... volvement/ The member of Parliament for Pontypridd, Owen Smith, has been outed as a supporter of greater private involvement in the NHS, only hours before his wife Liz Smith asks for the support of the people of Llantrisant in voting for her.
Do you remember when Corbyn was given his dream bike?£400 or something?Donated it to charity because he couldn't accept so much.
Asked to explain why he sought public office whilst earning a six-figure sum from Pfizer, Owen Smith said Pfizer were “extremely supportive” of him seeking to enter Parliament. Speaking about the early-day motion to reduce the involvement of Pfizer in the NHS, Owen Smith added: “We (he and Pfizer) feel that their (other wholesalers’) campaign to mobilise opposition to our proposals is entirely motivated by commercial self-interest.“
Wonderful innit ?

Being offshore, I hadn't a clue who OS was, not one .

I don't need to know any more now.

PS Temulkar -- he looks like a right weasel in all respects .
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

citizenJA wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:

I shouldn't think so. Pretty damaging if they were... Even so Hugo says the Blairites are old news...Horse puckey!
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

CnG2mpxWAAEGAeM.jpg
CnG2mpxWAAEGAeM.jpg (36.28 KiB) Viewed 6358 times
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

frog222 wrote:
Rebecca wrote:
Asked to explain why he sought public office whilst earning a six-figure sum from Pfizer, Owen Smith said Pfizer were “extremely supportive” of him seeking to enter Parliament. Speaking about the early-day motion to reduce the involvement of Pfizer in the NHS, Owen Smith added: “We (he and Pfizer) feel that their (other wholesalers’) campaign to mobilise opposition to our proposals is entirely motivated by commercial self-interest.“
Wonderful innit ?

Being offshore, I hadn't a clue who OS was, not one .

I don't need to know any more now.

PS Temulkar -- he looks like a right weasel in all respects .

re-posted to go with the pic .
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

David Schneider ‏@davidschneider 9h9 hours ago
Want to congratulate Theresa May? Simply send an email to, well, anyone really. She’ll see it. #SnoopersCharter
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/the ... 31521.html
There is no precedent for what must now be recorded as a “Brexit victory”. Not in the classics, not in Shakespeare, not the West Wing and nor in Game of Thrones has there been a win that is a crushing defeat for every last person involved.
Well Cameron got booed at Wimbledon so that showed him.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

tinyclanger2 wrote:
There is no precedent for what must now be recorded as a “Brexit victory”. Not in the classics, not in Shakespeare, not the West Wing and nor in Game of Thrones has there been a win that is a crushing defeat for every last person involved.
Yes I enjoyed that. He will surely go down in history as the worst ever PM, which gives me some solace.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

I'd anticipated us having more time to do this, but can everyone add their "favourite" Cameron gaffes / obscenities / U-turns to this page on a timeline?

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=936" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It would be great for FTN to publish his true legacy ;-)
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Tuesday 5 May 2009

Caroline Jackson, Tory MEP for SW England said
David Cameron's decision on the EPP is pathetic and will sow the seeds of endless trouble. It will leave David Cameron and William Hague very isolated because it will leave bad blood with Christian Democrat parties throughout Europe. It is a stupid, stupid policy.

The party will probably have to creep back to the EPP and say sorry. The Tories are doing this because the party is run by people whose ultimate agenda is to pull Britain out of the EU. I have been a member of the Conservative party since 1963 and started working for the Conservative Research Department in 1973. This is one of the most dotty escapades the Conservative party had (sic.) ever embarked on.
Hobiejoe
Minister of State

Post by Hobiejoe »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
tinyclanger2 wrote:
Yes I enjoyed that. He will surely go down in history as the worst ever PM, which gives me some solace.
Indeed. Still looking forward to seeing any mention whatsoever on the MSM....
TR'sGhost
Minister of State

Post by TR'sGhost »

ephemerid wrote:Cameron was alleged to have been humming a little ditty as he returned to No.10 after his press statement.

Put me in mind of this from the Police -
"De doo doo doo
De dah dah dah
Is all I want to say to you"

Pretty much sums everything he's ever said, really.
Maybe it was the #Leave high command's theme song?

"After you get what you want,
You don't want what you wanted at all."
I'm getting tired of calming down....