Tuesday 26 July 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 26 July 2016

Post by HindleA »

Deleted due to the no idea what that was about and I wrote it syndrome.
Last edited by HindleA on Tue 26 Jul, 2016 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

AngryAsWell wrote:@Hugo
That post from Linda Grant (Twitter) any way of finding out if it's true? (The compliance office bit) Yes I got the email and yes I clicked it - Doh!
Thanks for any light you can shine on this.
Quite a few more posts of the same kind on twitter. Seems pretty outrageous to me.I got the email and deleted it immediately (I am still on the Labour database even though I've quit: I get emails all the time from Labour centrail). I know no more I am afraid.

I like Linda Grant, but then I would.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

SpinningHugo wrote:
That post from Linda Grant (Twitter) any way of finding out if it's true? (The compliance office bit) Yes I got the email and yes I clicked it - Doh!
Quite a few more posts of the same kind on twitter. Seems pretty outrageous to me.I got the email and deleted it immediately (I am still on the Labour database even though I've quit: I get emails all the time from Labour centrail). I know no more I am afraid.

I like Linda Grant, but then I would.
Thanks, if Linda is right (she tweeted me separately to say she wasn't sure, but she had also clicked) I'll raise merry hell.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

I got the e-mail, too. I put myself down as a "don't know" (not strictly accurate but alarm bells were vaguely ringing) and didn't follow the subsequent steps or provide any details.

Edited to add

Or was it "not sure"?
Last edited by PorFavor on Tue 26 Jul, 2016 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Mensch tries to do a "well" DAG-stylee...and falls flat on her arse.

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Without immigration, Britain would be unpopulated.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

tinyclanger2 wrote:Without immigration, Britain would be unpopulated.
Without British migration, a lot of the rest of the world would be too.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I love you all.
Goodnight.
cJA
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

PorFavor wrote:

I got the e-mail, too. I put myself down as a "don't know" (not strictly accurate but alarm bells were vaguely ringing) and didn't follow the subsequent steps or provide any details.

Edited to add

Or was it "not sure"?
I got a text from Momentum on my phone. I haven't given them my number so they must have got it through Labour. I can't opt out to stop them texting me without filling in a form on a linked website with even more of my details. I don't think this is acceptable as Momentum isn't an exclusively Labour organisation, so I don't think they should have access to my details. Even the Labour Party itself doesn't contact me by text normally, but by e-mail, so I was pretty annoyed about it.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Freedomofthepress wrote:I am sorry but I get really, really pissed off with women such as SNP MP Kirsty Blackman who "has called for the Westminster parliament to adopt a more family-friendly approach after she was censured by Commons authorities for bringing her children to a committee hearing."
Indeed. On my famous "holiday" I am being introduced to many "Family friendly" situations which are almost literally causing my head to explode. Apparently, all adults are now expected to happily accommodate - nay embrace - the random screaming of kids from tens of families at a time at any hostelry or similar across the land, regardless of how much it cost to get in to enjoy a peaceful moment in a garden or other restful locale.

I will stop now, for fear of offending almost everybody.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
Freedomofthepress wrote:I am sorry but I get really, really pissed off with women such as SNP MP Kirsty Blackman who "has called for the Westminster parliament to adopt a more family-friendly approach after she was censured by Commons authorities for bringing her children to a committee hearing."
Indeed. On my famous "holiday" I am being introduced to many "Family friendly" situations which are almost literally causing my head to explode. Apparently, all adults are now expected to happily accommodate - nay embrace - the random screaming of kids from tens of families at a time at any hostelry or similar across the land, regardless of how much it cost to get in to enjoy a peaceful moment in a garden or other restful locale.

I will stop now, for fear of offending almost everybody.
TC2 Their parents are British , explains it all !

NN :)
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

New Britain (see poster above) will be England minus: Liverpool, Manchester, Norwich, Leeds, Newcastle, Leicester, Bristol that there London and some others.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

reforming the press:

anyone know anything about this: http://www.mediareform.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Dear me, some Brexiters really are touchy little souls aren't they? Get the knighted Nobel-winning President of the Royal Society on Newsnight to talk about impact of Brexit on science funding and they start whining about balance and demanding an opposite view.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/ ... e-tuc-oecd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

UK joins Greece at bottom of wage growth league
TUC found that between 2007 and 2015 in the UK, real wages fell by 10.4%, the joint lowest in OECD countries
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... ee-sanders" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hillary Clinton becomes first female major party nominee – Democratic convention live
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Dear me, some Brexiters really are touchy little souls aren't they? Get the knighted Nobel-winning President of the Royal Society on Newsnight to talk about impact of Brexit on science funding and they start whining about balance and demanding an opposite view.

Yeah, but 'expert'. They need some incredibly stupid amateur on for counterbalance. Where's James Delingpole when he's so urgently wanted?

Edit: Sadly, they are right about one thing. Newsnight has become completely bobbins ever since Katz got involved.
Donald Trump: Making America Hate Again
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

JonnyT1234 wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:Dear me, some Brexiters really are touchy little souls aren't they? Get the knighted Nobel-winning President of the Royal Society on Newsnight to talk about impact of Brexit on science funding and they start whining about balance and demanding an opposite view.

Yeah, but 'expert'. They need some incredibly stupid amateur on for counterbalance. Where's James Delingpole when he's so urgently wanted?

Edit: Sadly, they are right about one thing. Newsnight has become completely bobbins ever since Katz got involved.
I remember during the campaign that they were so bereft of opposing views on science that they came up with Professor Robert Tombs - a leading figure on French history...
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

Liberte, Egalite, Brexite! Vive la France!
Donald Trump: Making America Hate Again