Saturday 8th & Sunday 9th November 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Re: Saturday 8th & Sunday 9th November 2014

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

Well done to Caroline Flint, a very spirited performance on Sunday Politics, totally outplayed Andrew Neil. All the more creditable when you consider that she would likely be one of the real winners if Miliband was to go, commendable loyalty on her part.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Isn't this taking a step backwards ? Shouldn't be surprised really.....
New road signs showing height and width restrictions will use both metric and imperial measurements from March 2015.

Signs without both will be replaced during routine maintenance following a consultation by the Department for Transport, the government says.

Road signs for bridges, tunnels and narrow roads can currently show measurements in just feet and inches or only metres. Some already display both.

The DfT said the changes would make it easier for drivers and improve safety.

There are no plans to introduce metrification for other road signs, such as speed limits
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29965935" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

pk1 wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:I see that comments have finally been allowed on the Boffey (non) story. Hopefully plenty taking him to task?
Just had a quick glance at first page & nope, all delighted. Plenty for Open Seas & co to get their teeth into hence lefties get swallowed up & spat out.

As of today, I've re-joined the ranks of the ex-Guardian posters.
Thank you. I've not taken a look below the line yet. Has anyone read the story in the G entitled
Hack pack scents blood of vulnerable prey
It was in the list of terror tales being told about Miliband & Labour.

This is absurd.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good afternoon, everyone.
I'm a Labour party member & supporter & Ed Miliband is a fine leader of the party.
That information isn't new, I've not wavered.

I agree with Stephen Dolan - how can a people make responsible decisions when they're bombarded with made up stories from so many news outlets that aren't true?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:Well done to Caroline Flint, a very spirited performance on Sunday Politics, totally outplayed Andrew Neil. All the more creditable when you consider that she would likely be one of the real winners if Miliband was to go, commendable loyalty on her part.
I adore her. Shadow Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

I'm just waiting to hear the latest, manufactured Ed Miliband "gaffe" to emanate from the Remembrance Day ceremony.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

http://tompride.wordpress.com/2014/11/0 ... -miliband/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Why is the Observer employing a Mail journalist to smear Ed Miliband?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

mikems wrote:Last few days are perfect example of why Leveson and wider media reform are so needed.
Yep. What's going on here isn't fair play. It's not right. It's not just.

Someone smarter than me will have to enshrine those sentiments into a workable law making sure, fairness, goodness & justice are written up & enforced.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

citizenJA wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:Well done to Caroline Flint, a very spirited performance on Sunday Politics, totally outplayed Andrew Neil. All the more creditable when you consider that she would likely be one of the real winners if Miliband was to go, commendable loyalty on her part.
I adore her. Shadow Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change
And a tap dancing member of the "Division Belles"!
Attachments
20020131-division-_1416174i.jpg
20020131-division-_1416174i.jpg (47.31 KiB) Viewed 11353 times
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Caught part of what seemed like a good interview with Neil Kinnock on Radio 4.

He said his newsagent said to him [from memory, may be a word or two out] 'what are they doing to our party ?'.

Trying not to knee jerk but if Ed is pushed out I really feel like resigning my membership....
but that's probably just being childish and would just play into the 'failing Labour party' crap that twit on LibDemVoice likes to spout.

MPs don't have to respond to people who contact them unless they are constituents - so is there any point emailing t***s like Danzcuk and telling them how we feel ?

Or is it worth phoning/emailing their local constituency parties and registering our feelings directly to the troublemakers ?

Any ideas on how to make our feelings felt ?
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Seems to be a problem with the edit function - I've tried to add 'to the troublemakers' to the end of my post above and despite saying it has been submitted it doesn't change on the post.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Maria Eagle MP retweeted
John Rentoul ‏@JohnRentoul 21m21 minutes ago
Even I have got to laugh: Mail on Sunday Survation poll so disastrous for EdM it gives Labour a 5-pt lead http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ility.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
This isn't made up. It's a title of one of DM stories from the link above:
Mail on Sunday poll of 1,020 people suggests party's four-point lead would double if Mr Miliband stands down
(my bold)
The DM "suggests"

reporting the news we suggest you obediently consume
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

citizenJA wrote:
pk1 wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:I see that comments have finally been allowed on the Boffey (non) story. Hopefully plenty taking him to task?
Just had a quick glance at first page & nope, all delighted. Plenty for Open Seas & co to get their teeth into hence lefties get swallowed up & spat out.

As of today, I've re-joined the ranks of the ex-Guardian posters.
Thank you. I've not taken a look below the line yet. Has anyone read the story in the G entitled
Hack pack scents blood of vulnerable prey
It was in the list of terror tales being told about Miliband & Labour.

This is absurd.
I rather think this is the last ditch attempt by Tory Head Office to hammer a wedge through Labour's ranks. It will have been carefully worked out and timed. This weekend is text book. Discredit Ed whilst ignoring the blatant lies and mismanagement of the PM and Chancellor, which, years ago, would have had the press howling in indignation.

If it doesn't work, and if the polls are anything to go by it isn't, then they're well and truly screwed.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

yahyah wrote:Caught part of what seemed like a good interview with Neil Kinnock on Radio 4.

He said his newsagent said to him [from memory, may be a word or two out] 'what are they doing to our party ?'.

Trying not to knee jerk but if Ed is pushed out I really feel like resigning my membership....
but that's probably just being childish and would just play into the 'failing Labour party' crap that twit on LibDemVoice likes to spout.

MPs don't have to respond to people who contact them unless they are constituents - so is there any point emailing t***s like Danzcuk and telling them how we feel ?

Or is it worth phoning/emailing their local constituency parties and registering our feelings directly with the troublemakers ?

Yes - I was wondering that, too. But I'd have to wait until I become calmer or else it would just end up being a foul-mouthed rant which wouldn't help the situation.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

yahyah wrote:Caught part of what seemed like a good interview with Neil Kinnock on Radio 4.

Or is it worth phoning/emailing their local constituency parties and registering our feelings directly with the troublemakers ?

Do we have adequate confirmation the "trouble-makers" in the Labour party exist?
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

PorFavor wrote:I'm just waiting to hear the latest, manufactured Ed Miliband "gaffe" to emanate from the Remembrance Day ceremony.
Radio 4 presenter said Cameron had a tear in his eye and bit his lip.

No doubt if Ed did that there'd be a thousand headlines screaming 'Miliband, man or mouse ?'
'Is Miliband too emotional', 'Weepy wimp Ed can't control his feelings',
:(
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

yahyah wrote:
Radio 4 presenter said Cameron had a tear in his eye and bit his lip. (
But not necessarily in that order . . .
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

yahyah wrote:Seems to be a problem with the edit function - I've tried to add 'to the troublemakers' to the end of my post above and despite saying it has been submitted it doesn't change on the post.
Not sure what the issue is. Fixed it for you though.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

citizenJA wrote:

Do we have adequate confirmation the "trouble-makers" in the Labour party exist?

There are some bad apples, I think we know who they are in general terms.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:
yahyah wrote:
Radio 4 presenter said Cameron had a tear in his eye and bit his lip. (
But not necessarily in that order . . .
Brilliant.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Danzcuk is prominent on Twitter. Have you tried that? I unfollowed him when I realised the sort of bloke he was, [and his wife]

I had a re-tweet of Diane Abbot's support for Ed the other day so replied by telling her if she knew who the troublemakers were tell them to go. Labour didn't need them.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Some lickspittle factotum on Sky News tried to make a big deal out of Ed looking "distracted" at a service yesterday, apparently :roll:
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

It is classic emperor's clothes stuff isn't it. the emperor has clothes the emperor has clothes .... Ed is useless Ed is useless.

Hopefully some child - though seemingly and disappointingly not Owen Jones - will, effectively, point out the error of the nation's ways.

On the other hand, if he can withstand this nonsense, then he's one seriously tough bloke.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Or is it worth phoning/emailing their local constituency parties and registering our feelings directly to the troublemakers ?

Kinnock will know exactly what's happening because they did it to him and succeeded...The difference now is social media. I'm not a total fan of Twitter even though I use it, but I thank God for it at times like this.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

ohsocynical wrote:I had a re-tweet of Diane Abbot's support for Ed the other day so replied by telling her if she knew who the troublemakers were tell them to go. Labour didn't need them.
I asked her to give them a slap! Was that wrong of me? :D
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

I don't mind admitting to having what might be called a lewd sense of humour & a pop at Dave is usually too hard to resist but I draw the line at this 'joke' which was re-tweeted by Daniel Boffey & is, imo, an indication of the kind of man he is.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (118.31 KiB) Viewed 11313 times
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

I don't have a Twitter account after I accidentally tangled with someone from an organisation stuffed full of macho near psychopaths a couple of years. It led to a massive panic episode and I have banned myself from it.

Also remember when I posted an innocent poll showing Lib Dems low % I got a reply from someone with a lot of nasty four letter words in it, which was not very pleasant.
So I just read Twitter, not engage with it.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Yahyah -
BadApples:
For the avoidance of doubt, the current brouhaha isn't being manufactured by us.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Some lickspittle factotum on Sky News tried to make a big deal out of Ed looking "distracted" at a service yesterday, apparently :roll:
Grrrrrrrr, don't mention lickspittles on Sky to me today. I've just had a bust up with Susie Boniface over her 'Ed should be euthanised' comment she made in her argument with Emma Burnell. Today, Remembrance Sunday & that idiot makes a crack like that !

:fire: :fire: :fire:
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

citizenJA wrote:Yahyah -
BadApples:
For the avoidance of doubt, the current brouhaha isn't being manufactured by us.
:lol:
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

yahyah wrote:I don't have a Twitter account after I accidentally tangled with someone from an organisation stuffed full of macho near psychopaths a couple of years. It led to a massive panic episode and I have banned myself from it.

Also remember when I posted an innocent poll showing Lib Dems low % I got a reply from someone with a lot of nasty four letter words in it, which was not very pleasant.
So I just read Twitter, not engage with it.
Me too.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

mikems wrote:Last few days are perfect example of why Leveson and wider media reform are so needed.
Absolutely.

There is a bad bit of Leveson about police being able to seize stuff from journalists more easily, but other than that, it's worthwhile.

Sadly, I think the press have an easy "they're trying to stop us opposing Muslim rapists" get out.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Thank you, Yahyah.

xx
JA
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

I will expand and go further on what I said earlier - I *don't* actually think Danczuk is the ringleader in all this.

He is by nature a loner who does his own thing - he has many well rehearsed failings, but really isn't cut out for this IMO (indeed, it is possible he is being used as a "decoy" by the real culprit) Now, how about somebody who is well versed in the political dark arts - who used to be a hired "heavy" for both Brown and Balls, who is embittered about not being on the frontbenches, who is very right wing?? Re my above post, step forward........IAN AUSTIN MP.

You heard it here first - well not quite, but you know what I mean :twisted:
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

pk1 wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:Some lickspittle factotum on Sky News tried to make a big deal out of Ed looking "distracted" at a service yesterday, apparently :roll:
"Distracted": gazing into space, looking out a window, thinking about tea & baked goods during a Remembrance solemnity, church service or other orchestrated ceremony, sounds like a regular human being.

Did he sigh heavily as well damning himself as completely out of touch with the people? The joker condemnations getting written up by people hating Labour & leader of the party protest too much - he's nice to talk to.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

pk1 wrote:
Grrrrrrrr, don't mention lickspittles on Sky to me today. I've just had a bust up with Susie Boniface over her 'Ed should be euthanised' comment she made in her argument with Emma Burnell. Today, Remembrance Sunday & that idiot makes a crack like that !

Yeah, I saw that. Sadly for her I do sometimes read her articles and, while she possibly meant to say "politically euthanised", suggesting that somebody be locked in a room with a loaded revolver is rather likely to be misconstrued. As I've just pointed out to her. :-D
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:I will expand and go further on what I said earlier - I *don't* actually think Danczuk is the ringleader in all this.

He is by nature a loner who does his own thing - he has many well rehearsed failings, but really isn't cut out for this IMO (indeed, it is possible he is being used as a "decoy" by the real culprit) Now, how about somebody who is well versed in the political dark arts - who used to be a hired "heavy" for both Brown and Balls, who is embittered about not being on the frontbenches, who is very right wing?? Re my above post, step forward........IAN AUSTIN MP.

You heard it here first - well not quite, but you know what I mean :twisted:

George Galloway ain't a fan either:

George Galloway ‏@georgegalloway 2h2 hours ago
We @ukrespectparty are seeking a parliamentary candidate in the Dudley North constituency against the rancid rabid Ian Austin MP. Maj 500
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Danczuk certainly has form for deviousness. He wrote a disgraceful misrepresentation of Sir Peter Fahey (Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police) who'd said (quite rightly) that proving serious allegations isn't always easy, and said his officers would be throwing the book at suspects, for the slightest violation of taxi paperwork, whatever, because it was a sign they were on to them.

Danczuk wrote this up as Fahey shrugging off child rape etc.

It was disgraceful.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

rebeccariots2 wrote:This cheered me up immensely on a coldish, very wet and windy autumn evening.
Accentuate the positive, or: the beginning of the end - Barnet Tories in humiliating defeat over cuts
http://wwwbrokenbarnet.blogspot.co.uk/
Standing ovation for the victory over nursery cuts won by Labour Cllr Rebecca Challice (caption to great pic at top of blog)

A packed Town Hall, last night, for the Full Council Meeting, as was expected, with the proposed savage cuts to Barnet libraries and nursery provision on the agenda, followed by an 'Extraordinary' meeting held to debate Labour's motion of no confidence in the Tory leader, Richard Cornelius, in the aftermath of the highly critical Lloyd-Jones report into the failure of governance, and legal services...

So many residents turned up last night the council was obliged to open up an overspill room, which itself overflowed- hundreds of people, many of them parents at Moss Hall, one of the nurseries affected by the cuts. ...
People do seem to be getting angrier and angrier ... it's not just Scotland which has woken up and smelt the coffee.

Editing to add: Ernst - if you drop in - read this one. It will sing to you, I promise.
Nice report. I wonder how much in the way of central funding Barnet's actually lost since 2010? I bet it's sod all compared to Bury, and we've been able (thus far) to keep all 18 of our libraries open. The fact that they don't have a borough head og legal/solicitor is monstrously dodgy, their dalliance with Crapita is madness and the Tory goup members do seem like an utter bunch of wankers, fairly similar to the Tories in Bury...

Nice read, as I say, and good to see the Tories imploding. I bet they're not looking forward to May 2015.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Apologies, everyone, if I've not structured my replies, quotes or recommendations properly on the site - I'll get better at it with use. Let me know if you need additional information from me. Tell me when I've made a mistake. Really, I don't need to be right. I want to be happy with others.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

pk1 wrote:

Didn't some here predict a "useless Ed fucks up Remembrance" story?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Hannah Snow ‏@hannahsnow 1h1 hour ago Lambeth, London
Latest Survation/MOS Poll: CON 29% +2% LAB 34% +3% UKIP 23% -1% LD - 6% -3% AP 8% -1% Fieldwork Friday 7th Nov. #webackEd

:D :D :D :D
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Can we, as FTN on Twitter, ask Ian Austin what he has to say about Ed ?

Ian AustinVerified account
@IanAustinMP
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

The Sunday Times do have a good story, by the look of it, about Tony Blair selling contacts to the Saudis.

No wonder his pals in the press are all over Miliband.

I've got to be fair to Blairites still in the PLP- most seem to be behaving OK.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/mi ... in-8070481" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ian Austin (Lab Dudley North) was not responding to requests for comment following reports that he is one of two Labour MPs warning that Mr Miliband must resign if the party hopes to win the next election.

Greater Manchester MP Simon Danczuk is the other.
From Friday
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

yahyah wrote:Can we, as FTN on Twitter, ask Ian Austin what he has to say about Ed ?

Ian AustinVerified account
@IanAustinMP
How about
.@IanAustinMP the public your leader, why won't you? #webackEd
?
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

ohsocynical wrote:Hannah Snow ‏@hannahsnow 1h1 hour ago Lambeth, London
Latest Survation/MOS Poll: CON 29% +2% LAB 34% +3% UKIP 23% -1% LD - 6% -3% AP 8% -1% Fieldwork Friday 7th Nov. #webackEd

:D :D :D :D

Ask a Martian which party leader would likely be the subject of a sustained defenestration attempt in the media this weekend, and he/she/it would surely not choose the Labour leader.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
pk1 wrote:

This was about some event yesterday, but no doubt they will have another go :twisted:
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
pk1 wrote:

I did. But I may not have been the first and only.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

refitman wrote:
.@IanAustinMP the public back your leader, why won't you? #webackEd
?
If Ed has a twitter account can we send him something about hanging on in there.?