Sat 5 and Sun 6 November 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
Womble44
Committee Chair

Re: Sat 5 and Sun 6 November 2016

Post by Womble44 »

SpinningHugo wrote:mobile.twitter.com/itvnews/status/794876532799848448

Here he is.

What a pro.
I'd have done worse. I'm glad he's not pandering to their demands. Labour has tried keeping them onside and they do things like threaten to reveal details of Gordon Brown's children. Fuck them
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

What's the view from that moral high ground like again?
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Obviously I will never know.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

First hand.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Womble44 wrote:

Here he is.

What a pro.
I'd have done worse. I'm glad he's not pandering to their demands. Labour has tried keeping them onside and they do things like threaten to reveal details of Gordon Brown's children. Fuck them
Well exactly. But we wouldn't want a day to go by without a pop at Corbyn now would we? ;-)
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Corbyn, Burgon, Cooper all saying pretty much the same thing. Sensible, principled opposition. Making trouble for May. Good on them.
Womble44
Committee Chair

Post by Womble44 »

It's obviously very emotive, but I do agree with Temalkur's point that with issues this serious people need to face up to what is happening. As I said at the time Labour lost my vote that day because I am not willing to even tangentially be part of it. I agree with their domestic policies, so it's a shame that I can't vote for them, but that's how it goes.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

tinyclanger2 wrote:Obviously I will never know.
Personally I don't think anyone who still supports Saving Labour has the faintest inkling of what morality is. SL are certainly not moral; they are complicit in child murder, deliberately doing nothing so that evil can prosper - to support them is immoral by every definition of the word.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Might be worth pointing out that journalists haven't been particularly scepitical of this whole snap GE stuff given that we're in Fixed Term Parliament land.

Maybe they should focus on how that would work rather than insisting on Corbyn tell us what he thinks about an early election?

Just a thought.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Womble44 wrote:It's obviously very emotive, but I do agree with Temalkur's point that with issues this serious people need to face up to what is happening. As I said at the time Labour lost my vote that day because I am not willing to even tangentially be part of it. I agree with their domestic policies, so it's a shame that I can't vote for them, but that's how it goes.
What good does not voting Labour do given the electoral system currently in place?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

I would like a cup of tea stirring emoticon please.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

tinyclanger2 wrote:I would like a cup of tea stirring emoticon please.
I'd like one of someone throwing a fishing line out with bait on hoping to catch something...
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

This is us. Destined to split into increasingly small groups that can never have any real influence. Unless we build into an effective coalition. Which we can't because we're destined to split into ....

(should add have nothing to do with Saving Labour)
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

tinyclanger2 wrote:This is us. Destined to split into increasingly small groups that can never have any real influence. Unless we build into an effective coalition. Which we can't because we're destined to split into ....

(should add have nothing to do with Saving Labour)
It doesn't have to be this way
Let's not split apart
Stay together, it the only way to keep everyone standing
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

citizenJA wrote:
Womble44 wrote:It's obviously very emotive, but I do agree with Temalkur's point that with issues this serious people need to face up to what is happening. As I said at the time Labour lost my vote that day because I am not willing to even tangentially be part of it. I agree with their domestic policies, so it's a shame that I can't vote for them, but that's how it goes.
What good does not voting Labour do given the electoral system currently in place?
By voting Labour - espescially by voting for one of the SL murderers - you give succour to their sordid warped world view and sense of self. What good does supporting a crime against humanity do? You cannot dismiss what they have done, its like saying Hitler buillt the autobahns to dismiss the holocaust.

There is no nuance, no shades of grey it is purely about right and wrong good and evil. And if you stand on the side of evil - like Hugo unashamedly does - I will call you out.

I will speak out, because one day humanity will look back on these times, one day history will sit in judgement on us all, I will not be found wanting. I will not turn my back on my fellow man. I will not be labelled a criminal by future generations, because all I gave a shit about was uber, or the price of fucking marmite, or Ed smegging Balls dancing on Stricktly whilst babies starved to death or are killed by british bombs. All because the PLP don't like their leader and figured ssticking it to him was worth the cost in brown babies lives.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Temulkar - why don't you call Hugo out 1:1 (pm) rather than subject all of us to it?
Just a thought.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

tinyclanger2 wrote:Temulkar - why don't you call Hugo out 1:1 (pm) rather than subject all of us to it?
Just a thought.
Because its not just Hugo is it, its everyone on here who supports SL, who would rather snipe at corbyn than face up to what they are supporting.

Im not brushing children dying under the carpet to protect your sensibilities, Im afraid, that would be the very definition of turniing my back, doing nothing, allowing evil to prosper.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... l-watchers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Specter of election day violence looms as Trump spurs vigilante poll watchers
Advocates say US faces ‘midnight hour of our democracy’ as militia members and neo-Nazi groups take Donald Trump’s claims of ballot rigging seriously
I grew up knowing to avoid unattended bags and worried about nuclear bombs.
But this stuff is much scarier. Or perhaps, again, it's just age.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

You're not offending my sensibilities. Amazingly I'm bothered by this too. I just see more effective ways than dropping in here sporadically to tell us how shit we all are.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

tinyclanger2 wrote:You're not offending my sensibilities. Amazingly I'm bothered by this too. I just see more effective ways than dropping in here sporadically to tell us how shit we all are.
I also post about other things and am here most days, so hardly ''dropping in here sporadically'' thank you very much. And Im not telling everyone their shit, just the shits who support the murder of children by doing nothing. If you're one of ythose shits then me telling you your shit is justified, and if you're not one of those shits, then Im not telling you you're shit.
Womble44
Committee Chair

Post by Womble44 »

citizenJA wrote:
If they aren't willing to try and stop it, what's the point? I feel strongly about this and can't support these policies. I know some MPs were concerned about defence industry jobs, but that's a position I can't defend.

Basically, how many people should I be comfortable being killed to support my ideological views?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 99371.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
UK trade with India to suffer 'double hit' after Brexit says business chief
Eurosceptics argue leaving EU will improve relations with Commonwealth *

Ficci’s secretary general, Alwyn Didar Singh, said the Brexit vote would “obviously” have negative consequences for the hundreds of Indian businesses that currently operate in the country.
https://commonwealth-opinion.blogs.sas. ... monwealth/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
* Before the poll, the uniform message from the other leaders of the 53-member association had been a desire for Britain to remain a member of the EU. To the Commonwealth, Britain was a powerful and privileged member within the EU trading bloc, with considerable opportunities for diplomatic leverage in broader Commonwealth interests.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Last time you dropped in to tell me that using the Latimer-coined phrase "flounce the nest" was snide. It gets tiresome.
Apologies to everyone - including Temulkar - for seeming argumentative. Am just tired of the personal criticisms and would like them to stop. We're here to debate the politics not judge each other on our respective views.

None of us - likely even you Temulkar - are perfect.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Temulkar wrote:
tinyclanger2 wrote:You're not offending my sensibilities. Amazingly I'm bothered by this too. I just see more effective ways than dropping in here sporadically to tell us how shit we all are.
I also post about other things and am here most days, so hardly ''dropping in here sporadically'' thank you very much. And Im not telling everyone their shit, just the shits who support the murder of children by doing nothing. If you're one of ythose shits then me telling you your shit is justified, and if you're not one of those shits, then Im not telling you you're shit.
I genuinely don't know if your posts here are sincere any more. I'm dismayed by your responses. Are you okay?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

I want to make it clear: this is not an argument with Temulkar. It is a general comment on my preference for disagreeing on the issues, rather than accusing each other on the basis of our beliefs. The point is to pursuade others to another view - not slag them off for the ones they have.

I realise it's not all about me so will shut up now. Apologies again for the interruption to your usual programming.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

citizenJA wrote:
Temulkar wrote:
I genuinely don't know if your posts here are sincere any more. I'm dismayed by your responses. Are you okay?
You think Im insincere because Im railing against child murder?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

You know she doesn't. Stop it.
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

HindleA wrote:JonnyT -your links keep proclaiming apple news,yet no information about apples.Am I missing something?Rhetorical question.
I'm helping to keep the doctor at bay...

[I've stopped using the Guardian app except for the occasions I read a live blog and switched to the News app from Apple on their iOS devices. It conveniently copys article title, source plus apple.news link to the article in question at the same time onto the clipboard making it an easier way to paste and share things on a small screen]
Donald Trump: Making America Hate Again
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

tinyclanger2 wrote:You know she doesn't. Stop it.
Sorry I dont folow orders.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

In other news...
Team GB ‏@TeamGB 2m2 minutes ago

Milos Raonic withdraws from his #ParisMasters semi-final....

@andy_murray will become the new WORLD NUMBER 1!

Congratulations Andy!
:clap:
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/new ... 98251.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
British Airways to shrink seat space to squeeze more passengers on to flights
Exclusive: Airline's 777 jets will have one extra seat per economy row from 2018
Yikes
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

And they've found her!

:roll:

Nit even close to being good enough - no mention of the media coverage?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Here he is.

What a pro.
Since that is not actually a link, you are going to have to put us out of our suspense I fear.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:

Here he is.

What a pro.
Since that is not actually a link, you are going to have to put us out of our suspense I fear.
He scored the winner against Ludogrets in the Champions League. What a pro.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Temulkar wrote:
citizenJA wrote:
Temulkar wrote: I also post about other things and am here most days, so hardly ''dropping in here sporadically'' thank you very much. And Im not telling everyone their shit, just the shits who support the murder of children by doing nothing. If you're one of ythose shits then me telling you your shit is justified, and if you're not one of those shits, then Im not telling you you're shit.
You think Im insincere because Im railing against child murder?
No. Please excuse me for asking.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Liz Truss has issued a very bland (and very short) statement which could have been issued at any time and in any context. Even the BBC correspondent seems unimpressed.

Edited - brackets. Thought I'd got them under control. Never relax your guard.
Last edited by PorFavor on Sat 05 Nov, 2016 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

Liz Truss and unimpressive? Ever the twain shall meet.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

From a barrister...
Colm Nugent ‏@Wigapedia 12m12 minutes ago Richmond, London

Colm Nugent Retweeted Ministry of Justice

I've read more strongly-worded statements about people putting their bins out too early for collection.
:D
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

I think I'll have to renew my Labour Party membership.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

"Hell" and "handcart" is all I have to offer at the moment. What a mess. Is the government still avoiding talking directly to the public through TV interviews, btw? It was something that started under Cameron and has contributed hugely to the sense of rudderless drift we currently have in this country and the general collapse of proper scrutiny and the holding of government to account.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

PorFavor wrote:I think I'll have to renew my Labour Party membership.
Good move :)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk ... nefit-cuts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The government must not inflict more disability benefit cuts which I voted for.
Last edited by HindleA on Sat 05 Nov, 2016 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

Nobody's mentioned the Rams' excellent win over the Wolves. Shocked, really shocked.
@PF you're supposed to put a comma before you open brackets too. Hth ;)
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Light outside just now is beautiful. The trees are gold-coloured.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

frightful_oik wrote:Nobody's mentioned the Rams' excellent win over the Wolves. Shocked, really shocked.
Don't think so. But, as tinyclanger2 observed earlier, we're none of us perfect. I suppose that I must grudgingly accept that that includes me.
Womble44
Committee Chair

Post by Womble44 »

frightful_oik wrote:Nobody's mentioned the Rams' excellent win over the Wolves. Shocked, really shocked.
I follow Swindon, so don't have a whole lot positive on that front today
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Womble44 wrote:
I follow Swindon, so don't have a whole lot positive on that front today
Be thankful you're not a Welsh rugby supporter*. They've just been humped by Australia.

*Making a HUGE assumption here
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

The only weapon we have is to reach some kind consensus - where we have mutual agreement - and act collectively. Otherwise we continue to hand it to the bastards all the time. This is why campaigning organisations spend valuable time building unwieldy coalitions. It's not easy. But it's how it is.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

PorFavor wrote:
Don't think so. But, as tinyclanger2 observed earlier, we're none of us perfect. I suppose that I must grudgingly accept that that includes me.
obviously you were exempt.
for the quality of your editing notes alone.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

And . . .