Saturday 6th & Sunday 7th December 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 6th & Sunday 7th December 2014

Post by tinyclanger2 »

refitman wrote:
Rebecca wrote:
refitman wrote:Morning all.

Xmas do last night...ooh me head :cry:
Hope you had a good time,now go back to your nice warm bed.
Very good advice. Another 5 hrs and I now feel much more human :D
Now you're just showing off!
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

For Fishpointers everywhere:
fishpointing.jpg
fishpointing.jpg (100.97 KiB) Viewed 10563 times
mikems
Minister of State

Post by mikems »

I think it is our politicians who are the cynics. When we don't believe what they say or hold much hope in them we are being sceptical and untrusting rather than cynical. I'm not a cynic, I still believe in humanity and progress even after all this crap we've been forced to suffer.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Pickles lying about Labour once only giving pensioners a 50p pension increase.
[Rachel Reeves didn't correct it].

Ok, it was only 75 pence but it was at a time [1999] when pensioner savings were paying higher interest rates than now [over 5% on average in 1999, only 1.75% in 2014] and inflation was only 1.1% RPI.
Labour also announced £100 for pensioner winter fuel allowance & free TV licences for the over 75s that year.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Quick update

CMG #2
trust BBC (not Osborne) 92%
CMG spreading awareness (not showing in the left in a bad light) 76%
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

I was reading Hack Attack by Nick Davies last night.

He wrote: 'More than that, if he really had presided over a culture of illegal eavesdropping at The News of the World, what would he do if he found himself in Downing St and he wanted to find out who was talking dirty about the Prime Minister behind his back ?'.

Maybe next year, after the Scottish trial, more questions will be asked about this and we will find out whether any investigations have been/will be made into whether such a thing may have happened.

Cameron and the Tories have had an amazingly easy ride so far about it.
Not to mention the Osborne connection.
Last edited by yahyah on Sat 06 Dec, 2014 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WelshIan
Committee Member

Post by WelshIan »

This is a good, if long, read on Circle and Hinchingbrooke:
http://www.sochealth.co.uk/2014/09/09/b ... e-mirrors/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

edited to remove quote as it wasn't really needed.
Last edited by WelshIan on Sun 07 Dec, 2014 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

George Eaton @georgeeaton · 20h 20 hours ago
Remarkable events at the New Republic: 28 senior staff and contributing editors resign in protest at changes: http://thebea.st/1vTyLqv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Working on the wild side.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Just to clarify, Eric Pickles is on Any Questions on Radio 4.
Along with the ever-appalling Mark 'Free Market' Littlewood.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

For a party that calls itself libertarian Kippers seem very keen on banning things.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... on-account" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

More turncoats joining Welsh UKIP.

''Former Plaid Cymru and Conservative councillors unveiled as Ukip defectors

Former Cardiff councillor Mohammed Islam and ex-Newport representative William Routley named as party's newest members at Ukip's Welsh conference''

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... rs-8238475" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The UKIP People's Army looks a bit scant in Wales for their conference.

Last edited by yahyah on Sat 06 Dec, 2014 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

RobertSnozers wrote:Burnham did NOT sign off the Circle deal. The franchise was only awarded in November 2010. Burnham might have signed off on the process to allow another organisation to take over the running of it, but that has happened in a number of other instances where other NHS trusts have been the body doing the taking over.
Yes, you are right, he didn't sign off the deal, worth pointing out that I never said he did; but he did allow the process to continue after the NHS bidder pulled out, leaving only two private providers. In much the same way the South London Healthcare NHS Trust PFI deal may have been signed by Labour but it was negotiated by Major's government; I'm trying to be even handed here and apportion blame/credit appropriately and fairly. * Whatever, Burnham got it wrong and he knows & has learned from it, which was the point I was trying to make.

* Finding it quite funny that I am usually accused of being too partisan, but now find myself being (gently) lambasted for attempting to be even handed. ;)
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
daydreamer
Minister of State

Post by daydreamer »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
RobertSnozers wrote:Burnham did NOT sign off the Circle deal. The franchise was only awarded in November 2010. Burnham might have signed off on the process to allow another organisation to take over the running of it, but that has happened in a number of other instances where other NHS trusts have been the body doing the taking over.
Yes, you are right, he didn't sign off the deal, worth pointing out that I never said he did; but he did allow the process to continue after the NHS bidder pulled out, leaving only two private providers. In much the same way the South London Healthcare NHS Trust PFI deal may have been signed by Labour but it was negotiated by Major's government; I'm trying to be even handed here and apportion blame/credit appropriately and fairly. * Whatever, Burnham got it wrong and he knows & has learned from it, which was the point I was trying to make.

* Finding it quite funny that I am usually accused of being too partisan, but now find myself being (gently) lambasted for attempting to be even handed. ;)
I don't think Robert was gently lambasting you Grim. It was me I think. See my post on page 1. I'll go now :( I do have some roads to repair anyhow.
Smart has the plans, but stupid has the stories.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

yahyah wrote:More turncoats joining Welsh UKIP.

Former Cardiff councillor Mohammed Islam and ex-Newport representative William Routley named as party's newest members at Ukip's Welsh conference''

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... rs-8238475" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It also looks predominantly old, white and male. Just like the Tory party.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

yahyah wrote:For a party that calls itself libertarian Kippers seem very keen on banning things.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... on-account" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
David Coburn has made himself look a complete idiot over this (not that he needed to put in much effort to achieve it); The UKIP Trumpton account now has nearly 12000 followers (it had 225 when he made his first comment) compared with Coburn's 9000 - and, frankly, the Trumpton tweets actually make far more sense than any of his ramblings! :D

Tem and Tizme will be delighted to here that the Green Party also have a presence in Trumpton, courtesy of Windy Miller (@Green_Trumpton).
Attachments
Trumpton.png
Trumpton.png (209.15 KiB) Viewed 10511 times
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

yahyah wrote:More turncoats joining Welsh UKIP.

Still too many tho, Wales our last bastion of hope against the kippery ! May the Dragon fly high and out kip 'um! :lol:
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:

I would be surprised indeed if the other two bidders hadn't resorted to m'learned friends if the tender process were immediately cancelled. I'm fairly sure a couple of lawsuits for compensation would have been dumped on Burnham's desk in a matter of hours.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

ErnstRemarx wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:

I would be surprised indeed if the other two bidders hadn't resorted to m'learned friends if the tender process were immediately cancelled. I'm fairly sure a couple of lawsuits for compensation with have been dumped on Burnham's desk in a matter of hours.
Indeed. Anther lesson from which I am sure he will have learned.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Spacedone wrote:
daydreamer wrote:
RobertSnozers wrote: The one tiny hope is a Labour government in 2015. Another five years of Tories will see the job done. As of now it's just about saveable - I don't think even the Tories could get the changes through in the time before the 2015 GE, and unless I have seriously misjudged Ed and Andy Burnham, they are committed to a substantially publicly owned and run NHS. If Labour lose, that's it for the NHS. We only get one vote. We can use it to try and punish Labour for not being strong enough on social security, or we can save the NHS.
Thanks Robert. Finger's crossed Labour can get a workable majority (though nervous about their ability to do so, what with their collapse in Scotland, SNP and the many previously Labour sympathetic people who now seem very anti - though I realise this last group are on CIF so may not be representative). Any other possibility doesn't bare thinking about.
I do wonder about Scotland. A load of people wanted to leave the UK simply because they hate the Tories (I sympathise with the sentiment) but more people in Scotland didn't want to leave so now, even with the increased powers, they're looking at either another 5 years of Tory rule with all the terrible consequences of that such as the prospect of walking away from the EU or they're looking at a Labour government who are actually a lot closer to what most Scottish people say they want.

But we're being told that everyone's going to vote SNP instead of Labour, an action that could lead to another Tory government? That doesn't smell right to me.
(my bold)

Mirrors my own take on the matter. Thank you for writing it - I didn't know how to broach the subject. Perhaps those friends who've recently become members of the SNP may nonetheless vote for a Labour party candidate to represent them in Westminster? Apologies if I've radically misunderstood the situation.

The only positive contribution Dave made to holding the countries together was to remind the Scottish people he wasn't going to be the PM & Tories weren't always going to be in government. Do we all remember that? It was the Beseeching Speech. I'll find the link later.

Most of the people in our country are sensible enough to know returning another Tory government is an unequivocally bad idea. Again, apologies if I'm misunderstanding the macro-political situation. I'm usually in the company of people who support the Labour party.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

yahyah wrote:Pickles lying about Labour once only giving pensioners a 50p pension increase.
[Rachel Reeves didn't correct it].

Ok, it was only 75 pence but it was at a time [1999] when pensioner savings were paying higher interest rates than now [over 5% on average in 1999, only 1.75% in 2014] and inflation was only 1.1% RPI.
Labour also announced £100 for pensioner winter fuel allowance & free TV licences for the over 75s that year.

http://paullewismoney.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... p-off.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted the above last night if you didn't see it.1.5 million low incomed pensioners will receive 87p increase.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

A neighbour of ours had a heart attack a week ago, needs an op and they won't let him go home until he's had it. There are 20 people ahead of him in the queue for heart ops, yesterday they'd planned 6 but only did 4 because there weren't enough intensive care beds.

James Cook is a very, very good hospital* but this is not good at all. This is the Trust that has to save £91m in the next 3 years.
I think I've said it here before, if the Tories get back in the Friarage in Northallerton will close.

* apart from the food. :roll:
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
yahyah wrote:For a party that calls itself libertarian Kippers seem very keen on banning things.

David Coburn has made himself look a complete idiot over this (not that he needed to put in much effort to achieve it); The UKIP Trumpton account now has nearly 12000 followers (it had 225 when he made his first comment) compared with Coburn's 9000 - and, frankly, the Trumpton tweets actually make far more sense than any of his ramblings! :D

Tem and Tizme will be delighted to here that the Green Party also have a presence in Trumpton, courtesy of Windy Miller (@Green_Trumpton).
Am now following UKIP_Trumpton. Typical of the thin skinned, sour faced and humourless kippers to try and get it banned. Their lack of self awareness is simply staggering, as are their malice and spite. The true face of that risible outfit.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Thanks to WI's link to a definitive history of a private sector health care provision disaster area.
Circle: Behind the Smoke and Mirrors Neither Hinchingbrooke nor Circle are what they seem.

http://www.sochealth.co.uk/2014/09/09/b ... e-mirrors/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Another article on that website - interesting read. Posted link below.
Labour’s Health and Care Policy

http://www.sochealth.co.uk/2014/09/08/l ... re-policy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

Sorry Grimmers - I think I might have put the kibosh on your boys for today...
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ErnstRemarx wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:

Am now following UKIP_Trumpton. Typical of the thin skinned, sour faced and humourless kippers to try and get it banned. Their lack of self awareness is simply staggering, as are their malice and spite. The true face of that risible outfit.
I agree.

It's wrong for political parties, powerful individuals or businesses to take advantage of people fearing for their futures & intentionally cultivate fear, anger & resentment. It's done for mean purposes - to gain money, influence & power without a care for the people or resources used. The hypocrisy of the political party mentioned above is demonstrated again. Look at them - those UKIP leaders or candidates. Just look at them, watch their actions, read & hear their words.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

ErnstRemarx wrote:Sorry Grimmers - I think I might have put the kibosh on your boys for today...
Yes, that thought had occurred to me ...... ;)

Getting an almighty ribbing from Geordie mates at the moment, only upside is my housemate is a Gooner so should be safe enough when I get in from work.
daydreamer
Minister of State

Post by daydreamer »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
ErnstRemarx wrote:Sorry Grimmers - I think I might have put the kibosh on your boys for today...

Getting an almighty ribbing from Geordie mates at the moment, only upside is my housemate is a Gooner so should be safe enough when I get in from work.
Hmm, maybe not, it's now 3-2.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

daydreamer wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:

Never mind Grimmers, apparently it's overturn the form book day today - Stoke had a fourth disallowed!
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

daydreamer wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:

After being 4-0 for over a minute - how does that work? :?: :D
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
daydreamer wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote: Yes, that thought had occurred to me ...... ;)

After being 4-0 for over a minute - how does that work? :?: :D
Apparently, Arse went 4 down, but the referee was talked into disallowing it. Bet his next summer holiday's all done and dusted, including spends...
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

daydreamer wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:

Talking sport, then? That's fine. It's a language I don't know though I grew up with others liking it. My dad used to happily watch it & yell out from time to time,

"CitizenJA, get your daddy a cool one out the 'fridge...thanks, little-kind"

Grown-ups = big-kind
Children = little-kind

My dad didn't drink alcohol very often; only when he was happy & then in small quantities.

Oh, hang on, I was tennis player for a couple of years when 10 - 12 years old.

<cough> Carry on, then, that's my contribution on the sport talk.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

could someone please recommend the sport contribution I made?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ErnstRemarx wrote:
daydreamer wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote: Yes, that thought had occurred to me ...... ;)

Never mind Grimmers, apparently it's overturn the form book day today - Stoke had a fourth disallowed!
I live in Stoke. Is that the howling crowd roar I hear? It's sport related, isn't it?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I'm going to go look at all my old posts here now. I know you wanted this information. I'll come back to the thread. Be careful while I'm archiving.
daydreamer
Minister of State

Post by daydreamer »

citizenJA wrote:could someone please recommend the sport contribution I made?
Done :D
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

daydreamer wrote:
Done :D
Bless you!

Look what I found from HindleA who helped me with unpaid carers information from the ONS & told us all about the Labour Council abolishing home care charges. I went searching posts I may have missed & I realise I've missed a lot.

Hammersmith and Fulham council abolish[ing] home care charges
the video

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

http://www.theguardian.com/business/201 ... day-strike" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post Office workers set to stage one-day strike
Members of the Communication Workers Union (CWU), who collect and distribute cash across the 11,500 branch network, will walk out for 24 hours on Friday 12 December.

Dave Ward, CWU deputy general secretary, said....the company’s plan to cut 28% of jobs from the administrative and supply chain staff was unacceptable...Ofcom is preparing the ground for postal workers’ terms and conditions and pay to be dragged down to the level of its competitors.

..the CWU called for a judicial review of Ofcom...following its decision not impose new conditions on Royal Mail’s direct-delivery competitors....failure to do so would threaten its universal service obligation (USO) under which it is obliged to deliver letters posted anywhere in Britain for the same price.

Nick Wells, the chief executive of Whistl – the rebranded TNT Post – told MPs that Royal Mail needed to modernise, improve efficiency and change its labour relations policy....Wells admitted that some Whistl workers were on zero-hours contracts.
(my bold)
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Oh look! a bandwagon - I'll jump on that, said Jeremy Twunt

Jeremy Hunt ‏@Jeremy_Hunt · 24 hrs24 hours ago
NHS recommends exclusive breastfeeding. Mums, ignore @Nigel_Farage&@ClaridgesHotel - no corners or covers needed #ostentatiousbreastfeeding
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

George Osborne oversees biggest fossil fuel boom since North Sea oil discovery
Investment in clean energy plummets, while big rise in road and airport building adds to bleak picture for environment

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/ ... nvironment
George Osborne has sparked the biggest boom in UK fossil fuel investment since the North Sea oil and gas industry was founded in the 1970s. Analysis of new Treasury data also shows investment in clean energy has plummeted this year and is now exceeded by fossil fuels, while road and airport building is soaring.

After years of coalition infighting over green energy, the stark shift marks a major victory for the chancellor. But it conflicts with David Cameron’s recent statement that climate change is “a threat to our national security and to economic prosperity” and his 2010 pledge to the lead the “greenest government ever”. UK ministers are currently at UN climate talks in Peru arguing for strong action against global warming.

In Wednesday’s autumn statement, Osborne added £430m to the billions in tax breaks he has granted the fossil fuel sector since 2012. Taxpayers will also now fund seismic exploration to help companies find more oil and gas and will pay £31m for shale gas research drilling plus another £5m to “ensure the public is better engaged” with fracking...
I hate them more by the day.

Out on the local doorsteps today with the former Welsh Government Minister for the Environment. We talked about forming a Green Labour group ... think I'll be reminding her of that very soon.
DonutHingeParty
Committee Chair

Post by DonutHingeParty »

Trumptons safe, as in October a law was passed meaning that parody is now considered fair use for copyright purposes.
daydreamer
Minister of State

Post by daydreamer »

citizenJA wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/business/201 ... day-strike

Post Office workers set to stage one-day strike
Members of the Communication Workers Union (CWU), who collect and distribute cash across the 11,500 branch network, will walk out for 24 hours on Friday 12 December.

Dave Ward, CWU deputy general secretary, said....the company’s plan to cut 28% of jobs from the administrative and supply chain staff was unacceptable...Ofcom is preparing the ground for postal workers’ terms and conditions and pay to be dragged down to the level of its competitors.

..the CWU called for a judicial review of Ofcom...following its decision not impose new conditions on Royal Mail’s direct-delivery competitors....failure to do so would threaten its universal service obligation (USO) under which it is obliged to deliver letters posted anywhere in Britain for the same price.

Nick Wells, the chief executive of Whistl – the rebranded TNT Post – told MPs that Royal Mail needed to modernise, improve efficiency and change its labour relations policy....Wells admitted that some Whistl workers were on zero-hours contracts.
(my bold)
Dragging pay and conditions down to the level of competitors like Whistl who employ some of their workers on zero-hours, probably minimum wage for many too. :fire: :fire: :fire: It's just a race to the bottom, with seemingly no end in sight of this risible ideology.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

This almost rivals Trumpton for parody ... except it's not of course. Just LibDemVoice at it's most delusionally banal ... above and below the line.
How to help Lib Dems like Vince Cable in the run-up to the election
http://www.libdemvoice.org/how-to-help- ... 43650.html
daydreamer
Minister of State

Post by daydreamer »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Investment in clean energy plummets, while big rise in road and airport building adds to bleak picture for environment

George Osborne has sparked the biggest boom in UK fossil fuel investment since the North Sea oil and gas industry was founded in the 1970s. Analysis of new Treasury data also shows investment in clean energy has plummeted this year and is now exceeded by fossil fuels, while road and airport building is soaring.

After years of coalition infighting over green energy, the stark shift marks a major victory for the chancellor. But it conflicts with David Cameron’s recent statement that climate change is “a threat to our national security and to economic prosperity” and his 2010 pledge to the lead the “greenest government ever”. UK ministers are currently at UN climate talks in Peru arguing for strong action against global warming.

In Wednesday’s autumn statement, Osborne added £430m to the billions in tax breaks he has granted the fossil fuel sector since 2012. Taxpayers will also now fund seismic exploration to help companies find more oil and gas and will pay £31m for shale gas research drilling plus another £5m to “ensure the public is better engaged” with fracking...

Out on the local doorsteps today with the former Welsh Government Minister for the Environment. We talked about forming a Green Labour group ... think I'll be reminding her of that very soon.
You're not alone.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

...it conflicts with David Cameron’s recent statement that climate change is “a threat to our national security and to economic prosperity” and his 2010 pledge to the lead the “greenest government ever”.

UK ministers are currently at UN climate talks in Peru arguing for strong action against global warming.

In Wednesday’s autumn statement, Osborne added £430m to the billions in tax breaks he has granted the fossil fuel sector since 2012.

Taxpayers will also now fund seismic exploration to help companies find more oil and gas and will pay £31m for shale gas research drilling plus another £5m to “ensure the public is better engaged” with fracking.

Osborne said the North Sea tax breaks “demonstrate our commitment to the tens of thousands of jobs that depend on this great British industry”.
(my bold)

Square that circle, Jeff. I don't want to be engaged to fracking, Jeff. How about some nice wind turbines instead. Solar panels on all South facings, build better homes & insulate the ones we have better.

The move was welcomed by Ken Cronin, chief executive of shale gas industry group UKOOG, who said the new developments would complement "some of the best regulations and regulators in the world and an excellent track record of onshore oil and gas extraction in the UK".

"The UK public is exposed to many claims about the potential environmental impact of exploring for and developing the UK's shale resource," he said. "This programme offers the opportunity to provide independently verified evidence on the issues that matter most to local communities."

However, green groups condemned the Chancellor for handing tax breaks to fossil fuel companies and providing government funds to help the shale gas industry sell itself to the public.
(my bold)

Will you & your family live in those local communities, Mr. Cronin? I mean settle in them, not visit every now & then. Will you?

http://www.businessgreen.com/bg/news/23 ... ortunities
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:

I see I've stumbled across the news after my friends here have posted. I'm gratified it's as horrifying to you all as it is to me. This is insane.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Thank you!
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

A long but good read
Why #CameronMustGo marks a decisive change in UK Politics

http://pawprintsofthesoul.wordpress.com ... -politics/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

mikems wrote:I think it is our politicians who are the cynics. When we don't believe what they say or hold much hope in them we are being sceptical and untrusting rather than cynical. I'm not a cynic, I still believe in humanity and progress even after all this crap we've been forced to suffer.
I'm with you, Mikems. It's an effort I have to make. If I'm cynical, it's me giving way to overwhelming circumstances with only sarcasm, gallows humour in response. I don't want to do that. I don't mean to suggest anyone else's cynicism is giving way. I'm writing about myself.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Lib Dems offer special limited edition membership cards for recruiting new members
http://www.markpack.org.uk/99948/lib-de ... w-members/
And what a priceless looking special edition it is too .... do take a look ... you'll be sooooo tempted (not).
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Another good - but long - read
"Why the Guardian axed Nafeez Ahmed’s blog 4 December 2014 Nafeez Ahmed’s account of the sudden termination of his short-lived contract to write an environment blog for the Guardian is depressingly instructive – and accords with my own experiences as a journalist at the paper. Ahmed is that rare breed of journalist who finds stories everyone else either misses or chooses to overlook; he regularly joins up the dots in a global system of corporate pillage. If the news business were really driven by news rather than a corporate-friendly business agenda, publications would be beating a path to his door. - See more at: http://www.jonathan-cook.net/blog/2014- ... VNwEy.dpuf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; "
http://www.jonathan-cook.net/blog/2014- ... meds-blog/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;