Tuesday 26th March 2019

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 26th March 2019

Post by HindleA »

Ignorance is rife why add to it by carelessness at best.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
gilsey wrote:DUP won't vote for May's deal and would prefer a long extension.

The justification to the EU for a long extension would be?
"We need time to sort our own mess out"?

Which would of course be both true and honest.
And therefore vanishingly unlikely.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Awful
how dare they do this
Segregated playgrounds based on family tenure status done on the sly, lied about in building plans, no robust oversight on the finished project and falsely presented to families on the housing estate
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:Sitting=lazy was my point.An oft repeated source of "jokes" applied to w/c users eg how can you get tired when you sit all day etc.
I know. Believe me, I know.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

5.75 million reached - its only creeping up now (compared with before, anyway) but I would say there is a good chance the magic 6 will be reached tomorrow.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Former Brexit minister criticised for using phrase ‘cultural Marxism’

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/fo ... l-marxism/
A Board of Deputies spokesperson said: “Suella Braverman MP may not have been aware of it, but the term ‘cultural Marxist’ has a history as an antisemitic trope.

“We would ask for her to clarify the remarks and undertake not to use the phrase in future.”
I assume that the people yelping about every instance of alleged anti-Semitism in Labour will be all over this won't they?
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Jonathan Isaby

@isaby

BREAKING: Sir Bill Cash & ERG lawyer MPs have written to the PM questioning her right to delay Brexit, saying the Govt’s attempt to gain approval of the extension after the event has “called into question the lawfulness of its actions”. Images of letter follows as thread...
5:39 PM - Mar 26, 2019 (Politics Live, Guardian)
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

The Government has responded to the “Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU” petition and has announced that it will debate it in Westminster on Monday.

The petition has so far garnered over 5.7m signatures.

Here the full text:

This Government will not revoke Article 50. We will honour the result of the 2016 referendum and work with Parliament to deliver a deal that ensures we leave the European Union.

It remains the Government’s firm policy not to revoke Article 50. We will honour the outcome of the 2016 referendum and work to deliver an exit which benefits everyone, whether they voted to Leave or to Remain.

Revoking Article 50, and thereby remaining in the European Union, would undermine both our democracy and the trust that millions of voters have placed in Government.

The Government acknowledges the considerable number of people who have signed this petition. However, close to three quarters of the electorate took part in the 2016 referendum, trusting that the result would be respected. This Government wrote to every household prior to the referendum, promising that the outcome of the referendum would be implemented. 17.4 million people then voted to leave the European Union, providing the biggest democratic mandate for any course of action ever directed at UK Government.

British people cast their votes once again in the 2017 General Election where over 80% of those who voted, voted for parties, including the Opposition, who committed in their manifestos to upholding the result of the referendum.

This Government stands by this commitment.

Revoking Article 50 would break the promises made by Government to the British people, disrespect the clear instruction from a democratic vote, and in turn, reduce confidence in our democracy. As the Prime Minister has said, failing to deliver Brexit would cause “potentially irreparable damage to public trust”, and it is imperative that people can trust their Government to respect their votes and deliver the best outcome for them.

Department for Exiting the European Union.

Updated at 6.22pm GMT
Facebook
Twitter
Advertisement
(Politics Live, Guardian)
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

The Immigration and Social Security Co-ordination (EU Withdrawal) Bill removes all EU free movement of persons rights, without addressing the rights of those who currently benefit from EU free movement of persons rights under EU law, including social security rights. This includes the rights of those who have resided in the UK for many years or even decades, working in the UK, paying into our social security system, and even having been born in the UK and lived here their whole lives.

Removing their rights without any legislative protection in place to guarantee those rights raises significant human rights concerns. Without the necessary protections and guarantees, these provisions could leave individuals and families in a situation of precarity as to their futures, including housing, social security and property rights.

Although the Government has said that it is not its intention to strip EU Citizens resident in the UK of their rights, that is the effect of this Bill as it stands.
Legislative Scrutiny: Immigration and Social Security Co-ordination (EU Withdrawal) Bill
Immigration Bill strips EU citizens in UK of rights after Brexit
26 March 2019
https://www.parliament.uk/business/comm ... hed-17-19/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(cJA emphasis)
Parliamentary report out today looking at the current status of the Immigration and Social Security Co-ordination (EU Withdrawal) Bill linked here on Parliament's bill status website.
The report highlights many alarming ambiguities regarding non-UK EU nationals' rights in the UK.
UK EU citizens won't have EU free movement of persons' rights enshrined in UK law either, but that's an aside.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:
The Government has responded to the “Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU” petition and has announced that it will debate it in Westminster on Monday.

The petition has so far garnered over 5.7m signatures.

Here the full text:

This Government will not revoke Article 50.
---
(Politics Live, Guardian)
(cJA edit)
I see. We need a Different Government. I've had enough of these bastards.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:
Jonathan Isaby

@isaby

BREAKING: Sir Bill Cash & ERG lawyer MPs have written to the PM questioning her right to delay Brexit, saying the Govt’s attempt to gain approval of the extension after the event has “called into question the lawfulness of its actions”. Images of letter follows as thread...
5:39 PM - Mar 26, 2019 (Politics Live, Guardian)
Interesting development from Tory Brexit MPs. The lawfulness of This Government's actions needs scrutiny, for sure. The UK can't leave the EU unlawfully.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor, I'm sorry I didn't answer your post yesterday regarding Tory Brexit MPs referring to themselves as 'Grand Wizards'.
Yes, they really did that.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I read posts elsewhere indicating they're confused about what's going on in the House regarding votes and Brexit. I'm confused too.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Labour to support "confirmatory public ballot"

Labour appears to be backing the Kyle-Wilson amendment tomorrow, which would mean support for a confirmatory second referendum, according to Sky’s political editor Faisal Islam. (Politics Live, Guardian)
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Petition at 5,800,130
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

[youtube]W0KOcRvuf1M[/youtube]
I still believe in a town called Hope
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

The Beat singer Ranking Roger dies aged 56

[youtube]vXFTSQw_2ZE[/youtube]
I still believe in a town called Hope
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

In other news Jackie Walker apparently stormed our of her Labour membership hearing today, which some will see as an encouraging sign.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA