Tuesday 12th April 2022

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Tuesday 12th April 2022

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 12th April 2022

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Good morning.

Been AWOL a bit recently as I gave another local history talk which seemed to go down well.

Anyway, one of those mouthy know-nothing young Tory gobshites tweeted "Just buy some cheap pasta!" about a nurse finding it really tough and then this...she ain't 'arf good at this!

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

RogerOThornhill wrote: Tue 12 Apr, 2022 9:52 am Good morning.

Been AWOL a bit recently as I gave another local history talk which seemed to go down well.

Anyway, one of those mouthy know-nothing young Tory gobshites tweeted "Just buy some cheap pasta!" about a nurse finding it really tough and then this...she ain't 'arf good at this!

Curious

RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

I'm always a bit wary to the "helped themselves to expenses" tweets as generally a lot goes on staffing a constituency office.

Of course, there are the ones who keep it in the family by employing their children but it needs a bit of delving into the detail to find out whether someone really is "helping themselves" - and critics don't generally do that.

But yes, take the point about the partner of MP bit. Wonder how he got the blue tick? I see fellow right wing gobshite Sophie Corcoran has one too...

Meanwhile, Crispin Blunt, who previously I had though reasonably quite sensible, seems to have had a moment of madness.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

RogerOThornhill wrote: Tue 12 Apr, 2022 10:40 am Meanwhile, Crispin Blunt, who previously I had though reasonably quite sensible, seems to have had a moment of madness.
It wasn't even the "I don't believe the verdict" that really damned him, but the "it wasn't that serious anyway". Saying the quiet part out loud, indeed.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Oh

RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Oh dear...no parties eh Prime Minister?

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Well, there we are.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Shit just got real.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Sunak getting one as well is just the cherry on the cake of his fortnight from hell.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

The meek await their turn ---

PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.

Which of any of Boris Johnson's likely successors would weaken the coalition against Vladimir Putin? Names, please.

And yet we're told that Ukraine, and the possible use of chemical weapons against it, is such important an issue that Parliament will not now be recalled (Sky TV news) for fear that a recall will be used as an opportunity to attack Boris Johnson. So which is the priority - saving Boris Johnson or saving Ukrainian lives?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Tbh the feeling that it would be "unseemly" to move against him whilst a war is going on will likely save the PM - for now.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

So, essentially, Vladimir Putin gets the casting vote on who's to be the UK PM?
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

There's always a war going on. Clearly it's an attempt to sway public opinion as really the only thing that will unseat him is bad polls that make Tory MPs nervous about holding onto their seats. Will the public be persuaded by Fabricant's (smear) claim that nurses and teachers were all at it too? That it's "not the time" because of Ukraine? I have no idea as I can't get inside of the heads of people who ever thought Boris Johnson was in any way suitable to be PM. Those among the general public, though, who want to give a pass to the person who came up with these laws and imposed them on others in a draconian and often quite arbitrary way because "he didn't know it was against the rules" or "the rules were never really necessary" are beyond all hope, really, as is this country, if this is how it goes.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Hey, didn't say I agreed with it ;)
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

There's always an excuse, whether it be a war or waiting for the report or the Met to complete their investigation. Every single time the Conservatives find some reason to avoid doing what we all know they need to do, if only for their own sakes. I doubt even a hammering in the local elections will be enough for them to oust him. I'm almost tempted to suggest they're suffering from battered wife syndrome but that would make them victims when in fact the victims are us. For the Tory party to keep a Prime Minister in office who has no respect for the law, parliamentary democracy or our constitution (such as it is) is extraordinary, especially when he's the opposition's main asset. It's as if they've gone collectively insane and are willing participants in their own demise. It may be galling that Johnson's still in office but I continue to maintain that for anyone who opposes the Tories it's best that he stays there until the next General Election.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

PorFavor wrote: Tue 12 Apr, 2022 4:42 pm So, essentially, Vladimir Putin gets the casting vote on who's to be the UK PM?
plus ca change?
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

gilsey wrote: Tue 12 Apr, 2022 6:00 pm
PorFavor wrote: Tue 12 Apr, 2022 4:42 pm So, essentially, Vladimir Putin gets the casting vote on who's to be the UK PM?
plus ca change?
Well quite. If anything, Ukraine is even more reason to get him out and get him out now, not less. Yes, you'll just get another awful Tory as PM but I don't think there's anyone among the options with more dodgy ties with Putin than Boris does through his association with the Brexit shenanigans as exposed by Carole Cadwalladyr
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Rentaghoul today, even for him its quite astonishing stuff. Not to mention his very own Penfold (Ian Leslie)
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I see some of the polls are being spun by Tories as being favourable for Johnson. Apparently the fact that only half of his own voters want him to resign is good news. Incredible.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Oops. Although to be fair he does look like the kind of party animal who would have been to so many debauched carousals that he can't remember dressing up as an officer of the SS. Happens to the best of us.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Where does the Conservative Party find these people?
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

"In all frankness, at that time, it did not occur to me that this might have been a breach of the rules"
This ought to close this matter. There is a war on and the Prime Minister, supported by the Chancellor, provides the leadership the nation needs.

Yeah, where do they find them, the bottom of the barrel.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Dominic Greive looking all rugged and stubbly on Newsnight. On a walking holiday in Spain apparently. Getting kicked out of the Tory party was probably the best thing that ever happened to him.

Edit: 'Grieve'. Sorry Dominic.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Christopher Hope (associate editor at the Telegraph) smugly claimed that these fines were 'legacy issues' and the No10 was now being run by 'grown ups' on Newsnight before predicting Johnson would lead the Tory party into the next election and win it.

This is how Johnson has been getting away with this shit for so many years, grovelling little pricks who are prepared to put up with the worst of his excesses if they think it helps their own cause.

The problem they have now though is they're in a constant firefight, they've no idea how many fines he's going to get, how many more apologies he's going to have to make, and all the time the Conservative 'brand' becomes further besmirched in the eyes of half of Tory voters who already want him to resign. Johnson's acolytes seem wholly unaware of the concept of a Pyrrhic victory.

Tim Montgomerie was rather less enthusiastic about our Prime Minister's chances, especially if the Lib Dems kick some Tory arse down South at the local elections.

Although to be fair they had a vox pop up in Richmond, Sunak's constituency, and nobody sounded particularly happy, but then it is Yorkshire.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

gilsey wrote: Tue 12 Apr, 2022 10:13 pm Where does the Conservative Party find these people?
They mostly come from private schools. Mostly.

Which need to be abolished. The whole fucking lot of them.