Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd May 2022

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd May 2022

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Been a while since I did one of these, good morning all.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
refitman
Site Admin

Re: Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd May 2022

Post by refitman »

Presented without comment

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Looks like the ruling right wing coalition have lost their majority in Oz, beyond that its still clear as mud tho.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Sat 21 May, 2022 11:56 am Looks like the ruling right wing coalition have lost their majority in Oz, beyond that its still clear as mud tho.
Looks like some really nasty people haven't got their way

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

And its looking quite good for the ALP now, an overall majority looks genuinely in reach.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Strewth. Time to chuck a koala on the barbie and crack open a few tinnies down at the billabong while humorously demonstrating to hoodlums that they have inferior knives.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Titters

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Sat 21 May, 2022 2:43 pm Strewth. Time to chuck a koala on the barbie and crack open a few tinnies down at the billabong while humorously demonstrating to hoodlums that they have inferior knives.
Get yourself down Bondi for some sightseeing

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I like the sensible baby who has refused to take part in such tomfoolery and is properly dressed for Winter.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

*sigh*

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

My thoughts exactly. Taking advice from Douglas Alexander was an absolute disaster for Labour in Scotland. His campaigning was complacent, unrelentingly negative and took the Scots for granted. Apparently the smug little prick has learned nothing and anyone listening to him would be a fool.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Well he also managed the terrific success that was Labour's 2014 European election campaign.

His sister was a massively superior politician, before she was effectively driven out of public life for the square root of bu**er all.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Yeah she was proper stitched up by the SNP over what was essentially a minor funding oversight but that's politics and she chose to resign, nobody forced her out.

My problem with Wendy Alexander was she looks exactly like her brother, but with bigger hair, and boobs. It was disturbing.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Hmmm, depends on what account you believe I suppose. Of course the Nats milked it for vastly more than its intrinsic worth but reliable reports said it was the withdrawal of support from certain people on her "own" side that actually did for her.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I wonder if it was one of those focus groups that told him to wear half mast trousers for a laugh.

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

After some brief research it would appear short men are now wearing trousers cut at the ankle because they've been told it makes them look taller. It's not just Rishi, it's an actual fashion thing, at least amongst those wealthy enough to afford bespoke Savile Row suits.

Now I don't know about you but when the summer comes along and lots of people start wearing actual shorts I don't recall suddenly finding myself in a land of giants.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

I particularly like the 'research' group the other day that had a grand total of six people !

Apparently Raab described him the other day as "a successful businessman" , yeah sitting behind a desk for a few years at Goldman Sachs and later at a hedge fund .

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Good morning

gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Sat 21 May, 2022 11:17 pm After some brief research it would appear short men are now wearing trousers cut at the ankle because they've been told it makes them look taller. It's not just Rishi, it's an actual fashion thing, at least amongst those wealthy enough to afford bespoke Savile Row suits.
And £100 socks, presumably.

This Mirror story about him spending £x on polling to improve his image, why isn't that party political?
Maybe I should read it.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

This is political too

Go on, live with it . Until you can't .
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

All that is also true of lots of other ailments that we don't shut down society for, though.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Sun 22 May, 2022 11:08 am All that is also true of lots of other ailments that we don't shut down society for, though.
Nobody wants soceity shut down.

Also name me one single other 'ailment' that causes multi-organ inflammation and damage, including to the brain, that produces symptoms that persist for months if not years in hundreds of thousands of people, that is killing over 1000 people a week even though we're in trough as far as infections are concerned, and is evolving so rapidly that new variants can reinfect people within weeks of a previous infection and evade vaccines.

I'll be here all day AK.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Thanks Refitman you lucky so and so.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

We just don't agree on this Sky, which is absolutely fine.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Brace yourselves

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Sun 22 May, 2022 1:21 pm We just don't agree on this Sky, which is absolutely fine.
Indeed it is AK. However I'd be much obliged if you could answer the question I put to you.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Thread
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Sun 22 May, 2022 12:46 pm
AnatolyKasparov wrote: Sun 22 May, 2022 11:08 am All that is also true of lots of other ailments that we don't shut down society for, though.
Nobody wants soceity shut down.

Also name me one single other 'ailment' that causes multi-organ inflammation and damage, including to the brain, that produces symptoms that persist for months if not years in hundreds of thousands of people, that is killing over 1000 people a week even though we're in trough as far as infections are concerned, and is evolving so rapidly that new variants can reinfect people within weeks of a previous infection and evade vaccines.

I'll be here all day AK.
Also, Sars-2 is more infectious than any other disease except measles, as I understand it.

Not only that, but we've already proved that mask-wearing indoors stops the transmission of flu and other respiratory diseases, which in winter at least, shouldn't be a bad thing.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

refitman wrote: Sun 22 May, 2022 2:08 pm Thread
His perseverance is admirable, not sure I could be bothered.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

I saw a tweet yesterday about an event with signs everywhere asking people to wear masks, which they mostly ignored, but were religiously using the hand sanitiser.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

gilsey wrote: Sun 22 May, 2022 2:57 pm I saw a tweet yesterday about an event with signs everywhere asking people to wear masks, which they mostly ignored, but were religiously using the hand sanitiser.
I've seen that a couple of times here in Lower Normandy . Masking is perhaps so different because it marks you out from other people ? Yesterday I was in a small supermarket, not very busy and as far as I saw was the only one . Strange feeling indeed .
GP's and chemist 200m away still mandatory, hospital too of course.

I asked for an unroll for Pete's thread --
Her: Well there's not much we can do about it. It's like getting a regular cold & we got those every year
Me: It's very different from a regular cold & there is plenty we could be doing about it
Her: Well we can't just keep everyone locked up
I explained clean air approaches.

7/
The propaganda has done a fine job in making people believe this is all over. It's clear that what I said was news to her & that she kind of only half believed me.
She & her family feel like there is no risk whatsoever. I can't change that no matter what I say.
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1528 ... 39265.html

Similar to the success of brexit, Trump's election win in 2020, and belief in the afterlife there is just no way of getting through to some people . Of course I leave that religious belief alone, but the first two have real-world consequences !
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

One for Rog

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

So no Quadruple, then. Terrific shame.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Oh god she's in the Guardian.

UK’s ‘strictest headmistress’ fears schools will stop teaching Shakespeare.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2 ... hakespeare
"I’m not saying only teach dead white men. I’m just saying don’t campaign to get rid of them.”
Who precisely is doing this?
“I think that in America he has been lost in many places. And we are following America in this way.”
You think wrong, it was bollocks if you'd bothered to read beyond the hysterical Daily Mail headline and read the accounts of the teachers concerned.

No, Shakespeare isn’t being ‘canceled,’ says this teacher accused of doing it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/educatio ... -doing-it/
don’t let them listen to grime or drill music because “that’ll ruin their lives”, she says.
Is this some kind of joke? People have been having moral panics about popular music ruining kids lives for the best part of 70 years and so far society has stubbornly failed to collapse.
“People misquote me,” she says. “People say all sorts of nonsense".
No, you say all sorts of nonsense then when people directly quote your nonsense back to you you claim it's been 'taken out of context' every single fucking time before playing the victim. It's utterly tedious.
“I’m not courting fame at all,” she says.
Yeah sure, having a documentary produced about how brilliant you are is a sure fire way of avoiding the limelight.
"I’ve already lost my friends when I gave a speech to a Conservative party conference."
Diddums.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Hmmm...having read through the honey bee* thread above (which is very good) my question would be, if you want to define worker honey bees incapable of laying eggs as a third sex then are infertile women not women? That would seem to logically follow on from such a definition but the whole idea of extra bee sexes is pretty silly. I mean worker bees are genetically identical to the queen, the only difference is what they were fed and what pheremone chemicals they were exposed to when they were larvae, so to try to claim they are different sexes (despite being essentially clones) is problematic. Workers are more like stunted females tricked into acting as slaves by their own genetic imperative. In bumble bees this leads to the eventual failure of the nest when the queen starts producing drones (males) and the workers revolt by eating her eggs and laying their own. If we were to scale that up to humans that would be like an infertile identical twin tearing open the belly of her pregnant sister and eating her foetus which, as far as I'm aware, hasn't even happened in a Cronenburg film, never mind real life.

*Bumble bee behaviour, especially in relation to worker egg laying, is very different and solitary bees are very different again so I wish people wouldn't just say 'bee'. I'm sure we'd take offence if during a conversation with a leaf cutter bee it kept calling us apes and couldn't tell the difference between Olivia Colman and an Orangutan.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

As for the smell of young ladies, most of them smelled of patchouli oil and Insette hairspray when I was a young goth which would have overpowered the 'creamy, buttery' smell they apparantly have naturally.

I am however sceptical about this as it would suggest as women mature they smell of cheese which would be marvelous for me as a turophile (cheese fancier) but I'm yet to meet a beautiful French Camembert or even a Yorkshire blue.

Perhaps I haven't sniffed enough ladies.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »