Tuesday 12th July 2022

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Tuesday 12th July 2022

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
frog222
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 12th July 2022

Post by frog222 »

A quick look at the frontpage of The Times --

Johnson ‘has not ruled out making comeback’

Germans fearing a ‘nightmare winter’ as Russia cuts gas

Can't copy the one about BJ appointing a wrong'un as Met chief
(so he's still in power then ...? )

He's been given time --

RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Morning.

I note in The Sun, Badenoch describes herself as an "engineer" - probably wouldn't like to be reminded of this I guess by including "computer systems" in that description...

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

My money is still on Penny Mordaunt in this grotesque carnival of freaks. They all like to talk tough but are any of the rest of them tough enough to survive landing horizontally, face first into water from about a thousand feet in the air?

I never watched the programme but judging from this footage I'm assuming the aim was to recreate the effects of the asteroid which wiped out the dinosaurs hitting the Bay of Mexico using a swimming pool and idiots.

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

I would tentatively have Mordaunt as favourite right now, with both Sunak and Truss not far behind. Nobody else has a realistic chance IMO.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

I did watch Splash a couple of times, mainly to see Eddie the Eagle, who was an inspired bit of casting and duly won iirc.
Mordaunt was ok.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Ftaod I find the idea of PM Mordaunt terrifying, and Sunak only marginally less so. We may be about to find out that Johnson isn't Labour's greatest asset after all.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Government now apparently trying to stop Labour having their intended VoNC, quite sure that won't rebound on them in any way.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Re the above.

This bit is interesting & possibly true.

It may be that it suits Labour to avoid an actual vote (which it would likely lose) and to argue the Government is acting improperly by denying a vote. 8/5

RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Your regular reminder - not that you actually need one - that writers for Conservative Woman are generally nasty human beings.

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Yes, but its taken for granted that (save in exceptional circumstances) the opposition isn't actually going to *win* a VoNC.

They are usually held for other reasons.

1979 is still recalled by many, but the point is a big reason for that was it being very much an exception to the above rule.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

RogerOThornhill wrote: Tue 12 Jul, 2022 5:20 pm Your regular reminder - not that you actually need one - that writers for Conservative Woman are generally nasty human beings.
I remember watching The Telegraph take down its own live Olympic coverage of the Rio Olympics in 2016 because of the torrent of racist abuse aimed at Mo Farah in the comments, but apparently it's only we on the left who are nasty...

My Question Time encounter showed the Left treat their opponents like dirt - Tim Stanley

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/0 ... rong-left/

I'm not going to quote this self-righteous, disingenuous garbage. Suffice it to say Tim thinks he's a hero for not crying or walking off after Campbell told him a few home truths. Apparently the left are all hypocrites for not considering the mental health of right wing hacks and MPs, and in no way is Tim a massive snowflake who's happy to dish out sneering mockery but less than pleased when he's the target of it. I'm surprised he didn't mention the two Barnsley women who made him look like an even bigger twat than Campbell did.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Has Suella made it through or not? She said she had then deleted her tweet. Don't tell me she can't count to 20.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Ah she has made it. Phew I was getting a bit worried there for a second.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

I don't know how many more times I can go through the euphoria of ousting a truly awful Tory PM before falling into despair at the sight of who's lining up to take over.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Not sure how I managed to miss this bit of nonsense. It seems Thomas has now deleted his Twitter account presumably due to the fact that he was being laughed at by many thousands of people.

The responses to his now deleted account can be seen here...(click on the link)

One assumes this isn't how Thomas saw things unfolding.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Ngl but the sight of certain Extremely Online people swooning over Badenoch's half-formed, half-baked rubbish today has provided some amusement.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

tinyclanger2 wrote: Tue 12 Jul, 2022 8:23 pm I don't know how many more times I can go through the euphoria of ousting a truly awful Tory PM before falling into despair at the sight of who's lining up to take over.
What really bugs me is the wall to wall media coverage when 99% of us have absolutely no say in the matter whatsoever.

I mean I'd be happy to pay good money to watch desperate Conservatives gouging each others eyes out for supremacy but I don't want it on Newsnight.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

I see Badenoch has decided to take on the subject of schools...of course, schools are absolutely awash with cash right now. And what exactly is a 'rigorous subject'?

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Why, exactly, should anyone vote for Labour? ('Not being the Tories' is not a valid argument)

tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

As far as I'm concerned the only possibility for some kind of democracy is for left alliance to get in and bring in PR and sort out the press (a la Miliband).
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'