Monday 10th July 2023

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Monday 10th July 2023

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
frog222
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 10th July 2023

Post by frog222 »

Afternoon refit !

Demographics ( and other stuff of course) oblige that we need more workers, and of course, people should be taking much more 'responsibility for themselves --

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Good morefternoon, all.

It appears the Unite motion to disaffiliate from Labour has been decisively defeated.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Good afternoon.

Swim soon followed by a visit to 'er indoors who is back in hospital after a fall.

I found this interesting after the rubbishing that Starmer's speech on education got from the usual suspects.

Starmer isn’t, it seems to me, a politician who will have an -ism named after him in the future. He probably doesn’t spend hours on political theory and conceptions of the future role of the state. But in this speech he said — look, education and opportunity is really important. Parents want, more than anything else, a sense that their kids will get chances that they themselves didn’t have, and that their lives will be richer in all senses of the word because of what state, society and individuals together can offer all young people in the future. Many people don’t feel that this is happening at the moment. And so when he ended with the quote that leads this piece — do we believe in a Britain where this can happen — he was saying this is what a Labour government would do to fix that.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

I think certain people much named on Twitter at the weekend will currently be having "interesting" discussions with their libel lawyers, don't you?
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

To put that in perspective, she has attended the Commons less often in the past year than the MP facing r**e allegations.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

The general public and politicians and many of the bloody medical profession here have decided that the eleventh wave signalled the EndofCovid .

For some reasons I cannot share .

Of course it would be lovely, but even if it is now endemic at a low level there are several hundred thousands of all ages who really cannot afford the risks to themselves while the Health Staff gaily unmask .

That's before the risk of LongCovid from 'mild' and even asymptomatic cases, increasing with the number of exposures ... which applies to all including children.

Ah well, hoping it's not too bad in the Autumn ...

RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Well.

Claims about BBC presenter 'rubbish' - young person's lawyer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66159357
Claims made by the mother at the heart of the BBC presenter scandal are "rubbish", a lawyer representing the young person has said.

In a letter to the BBC, the lawyer says "nothing inappropriate" took place and the young person sent a denial to the Sun before it published the claims.

The Sun first reported allegations on Friday that a BBC presenter had paid a teenager for sexually explicit photos.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Hmmm, could this be the Currant Bun's biggest faux pas since *that* front page 34 years ago?
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

RogerOThornhill wrote: Mon 10 Jul, 2023 7:16 pm Well.

Claims about BBC presenter 'rubbish' - young person's lawyer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66159357
Claims made by the mother at the heart of the BBC presenter scandal are "rubbish", a lawyer representing the young person has said.

In a letter to the BBC, the lawyer says "nothing inappropriate" took place and the young person sent a denial to the Sun before it published the claims.

The Sun first reported allegations on Friday that a BBC presenter had paid a teenager for sexually explicit photos.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

:D