Wednesday 19th July 2023

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Wednesday 19th July 2023

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
frog222
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 19th July 2023

Post by frog222 »

Morning refit

Great to have news last night of the @Sky Landlord .

If only there were a supply of willing labour forbidden to work by the Landlord's Krazy Gang government ...

Oh !
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

A little bit of good news
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

I was reading yesterday how the Third Wave of Spanish Flu was directly caused by people (enthusiastically encouraged by businesses …) getting back to ‘normal’ too quickly .

(( Of course it's not a question of any old inefficient mask too ))

@TheBMA And trying to comprehend that the US Health and Human Services dept @HHSGov have stated that repeat Covid infections increase your risk of health complications.

@TheBMA @HHSGov And trying to process that the head of @TheBMA has said openly and plainly that covid is airborne.

@TheBMA @HHSGov And trying to get my head round the British Heart Foundation
@TheBHF
saying bluntly that they think that 100,000 excess heart deaths in the UK were caused by the lingering effects of covid infections.

@TheBMA @HHSGov @TheBHF And trying to grapple with the news that @NHSEngland have published detailed guidance on how to employ hepa filters, ventilation, and uvc to prevent infections in hospital.

@TheBMA @HHSGov @TheBHF @NHSEngland And wrestle through the implications of @pfizer talking about lasting T-Cell depletion and immune system damage and micro-clotting and viral reactivation and autoimmunity and viral persistence and neural damage.

And putting it together with the German health minister saying that covid can cause lifelong immune dysfunction.

And realising that governments and corporations and charities and healthcare institutions are finally admitting the things that some of us have been warning about for YEARS.

And it genuinely feels like it could be possible to finally turn a corner, where all sensible people can share the truth of all those statements about Covid and more.

There will be people who can’t admit it, but let’s start with all the sensible people and work from there.

Writing this while sitting in a very boring meeting with 62 other people.
So far 23 people have coughed in the last 30 minutes.

I would so love them all to know what sensible people now admit.
So there’s an interesting question here around timing.

Why are they making these admissions publicly *now*.

Why are all these being said publicly so close together?

I think it’s because the sensible people are bending to the truth.
And the sensible people are trying hard to be sensible

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1681 ... 46423.html
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Morning.

From one of the more sensible right of centre commentators. They won't listen to him though.

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

RogerOThornhill wrote: Wed 19 Jul, 2023 8:57 am Morning.

From one of the more sensible right of centre commentators. They won't listen to him though.

If you go quite a long way into turning their country into a gigantic retirement home with the housing market, the pension system and public services configured at super-serving the over 60s then eventually those voters will get the message.

The answer is pretty simple. Build some houses and stop wanging on about wokeness in a way that makes you look like the political embodiment of their reactionary grandparent.

Indicate that you quite like the values of this country as the way they now actually are and will increasingly be. Rather than an imagined version of them.

Then there's Brexit. Face it, the Tory party staked its political future on the political equivalent of an asset declining in value. You could run it for cash - rather like an investor might buy a doomed brand - but the returns are diminishing every year.

You took away freedom of movement and offered zero, nada, zip in return. In the meantime everything got much, much worse. There have been virtually no worthwhile reforms since 2016.

So, as a candid friend, a bit of humility is in order. Stop telling people they are wrong and actually listen to them.
I rather doubt if the over-Sixties waiting years for medical treatment would consider themselves 'over-served' !
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

frog222 wrote: Wed 19 Jul, 2023 10:03 am I rather doubt if the over-Sixties waiting years for medical treatment would consider themselves 'over-served' !
Same for social care.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Tackling child poverty is priority for Labour, says Rachel Reeves
"Lord, give me chastity, but not yet"
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

gilsey wrote: Wed 19 Jul, 2023 10:54 am
Tackling child poverty is priority for Labour, says Rachel Reeves
"Lord, give me chastity, but not yet"
Is it though?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Well as far as CGT is concerned I did notice that RR's words were that Labour "had no plans" to change it.

This was widely interpreted as unequivocally ruling it out, despite the past history with that particular phrase.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"