Wednesday 24th April 2024

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Wednesday 24th April 2024

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
frog222
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 24th April 2024

Post by frog222 »

Listened to a little Toady earlier , a retired senior civil servant on c£300k pa demonstrating the cost of the quangocracy --

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Bit quiet today innit?

Still, we will have plenty to talk about in barely a week......
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Wed 24 Apr, 2024 3:49 pm Bit quiet today innit?
Still, we will have plenty to talk about in barely a week......
Well AK there are a few odd things going on outside the UK bubble :-)

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Back in the UK, it seems that Rayner did a very good job deputising at PMQs today,

Small wonder that the Tories and their client press would like to see the back of her.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

One consequence of Putin's invasion ( which I could well have done without given the horrendous suffering involved) is an improved knowledge of geography --

I'd never heard of for example Bashkortostan, a Republic with a population a bit smaller than NZ , but it's very rich in all natural resources with the profits of course going to Putin's cronies and the people being poor enough to believe promises of nice salaries in the Army ...( IIRC about 30% are Russian .)

Dagestan is even less populated, but what diversity, with a mighty 3.3% of Russians --

" Dagestan covers an area of 50,300 square kilometres (19,400 square miles), with a population of over 3.1 million,[12] consisting of over 30 ethnic groups and 81 nationalities.[13] With 14 official languages, and 12 ethnic groups each constituting more than 1% of its total population, the republic is one of Russia's most linguistically and ethnically diverse, and one of the most heterogeneous administrative divisions in the world.[14] Most of the residents speak one of the Northeast Caucasian, or Turkic, languages;[13] however, Russian is the primary language and the lingua franca in the republic.[15] Like Latin in the Roman Empire and English in that other one :-)

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Wed 24 Apr, 2024 5:27 pm Back in the UK, it seems that Rayner did a very good job deputising at PMQs today,
Small wonder that the Tories and their client press would like to see the back of her.
That's good to hear AK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just in for a break , and .... to post 'enter' on my previous post :-)

I thought of having a tea break from strimming ETC but settled for some craft beer instead . We've caught on to it a decade or two after you brits, but now there are local breweries every few miles , it seems so at any rate . This one I buy at the (organic) neighbouring farm, and he gets it from another about 20kms away who grows his own barley . But there is also one at 5kms in one of our two nearby small towns .

Naomi Klein on Judaism versus Zionism looks good, and this by Adrian Chiles , shorter but true --
" It invariably feels lame, swivel-eyed or just plain wrong to compare any modern politician to Hitler, but this line, written by Hitler himself of his beerhall agitator years, makes my blood run cold most days these days. There’s more than one failed, incumbent or potential leader who regularly brings it to mind.

“It makes no difference whatever whether they laugh at us or revile us … whether they represent us as clowns or criminals; the main thing is that they mention us, that they concern themselves with us again and again …”

I’m now on the lookout for something a bit lighter to read, before I go mad with fear."
Grotesques such as Bannon and Braverman keep on invading our consciousness ...
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Just started , and already very good value , Jessica Berlin i already follow, a bright clear-thinking spark

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

It's such an insane position to take. Making people's water both cleaner and cheaper seems like such an obvious vote winner.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

refitman wrote: Wed 24 Apr, 2024 8:46 pm It's such an insane position to take. Making people's water both cleaner and cheaper seems like such an obvious vote winner.
Labour MPs voted with the government, and it is understood this is because they did not want to be accused of being “anti-growth”.
I confess i didn't understand the 'growth' stuff at all !

( Only had my beer some time ago now ! )