Monday 1st June 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 1st June 2015

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.

I wish Sadiq Khan wasn't messing around with the London Mayoral stuff. He'd (well, we'd) be better off if he carried on doing his "day job". I wonder if he was given the cold shoulder - hence his decision to strike out for pastures new. I think he won't be successful. Then what? A bit worrying.

@justinbessou

And how is old Vlad? Tell him I asked after him.

Edited

Off better? I meant, of course, better off . . .
Last edited by PorFavor on Mon 01 Jun, 2015 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Just wondering - has anyone heard from Ernst recently? How's he doing ?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

PorFavor wrote:Good morfternoon.

I wish Sadiq Khan wasn't messing around with the London Mayoral stuff. He'd (well, we'd) be off better if he carried on doing his "day job". I wonder if he was given the cold shoulder - hence his decision to strike out for pastures new. I think he won't be successful. Then what? A bit worrying.

@justinbessou

I find it hard to see beyond Jowell for Labour's candidate next year, tbh. The only thing that could really derail her is some scandal (old or new)

As one of Ed's closet supporters in the (old) SC, I wonder if he is taking the election result a bit more personally than most :(
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:@ FTN contingent living in Wales - well south and west Wales - anyone thinking of going to the Swansea Labour leadership hustings on 5th July?

I could be up for that Rebecca, in London at the moment, pm you when I get back to Wales tomorrow.
Look forward to it letsskip.
Working on the wild side.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

AngryAsWell wrote:Just wondering - has anyone heard from Ernst recently? How's he doing ?
No, I haven't. He's made cameo appearances in the cast list from time to time without actually commenting - but not for a while now. He did respond to the private message which I sent to him (ages ago now) without his seeming to be tuned in - so maybe it's time to send another one. I don't like to appear to be stalking him - so, your turn?
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Louise Haigh
Labour Member of Parliament for Sheffield Heeley, born and raised in Sheffield and elected in May 2015

'Britain's Hardest Grafter' - Has the Establishment Dropped Its Pretence Completely?

Good article from new Labour MP

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/louise- ... _hp_ref=uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:

I wish Sadiq Khan wasn't messing around with the London Mayoral stuff. He'd (well, we'd) be off better if he carried on doing his "day job". I wonder if he was given the cold shoulder - hence his decision to strike out for pastures new. I think he won't be successful. Then what? A bit worrying.

@justinbessou

I find it hard to see beyond Jowell for Labour's candidate next year, tbh. The only thing that could really derail her is some scandal (old or new)

As one of Ed's closet supporters in the (old) SC, I wonder if he is taking the election result a bit more personally than most :(
He was quoted as saying he was only just getting over the shock and grief of the election results in one of the articles linked to yesterday. I found that a very honest admission - and was glad he said it. Makes him seem properly human - unlike the immediate phoenixes that rose up within hours of the outcome.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

seeingclearly wrote:Was just watching Victoria show on TV, discussing a crisis in fostering, not enough foster carers coming through. The issues were skirted round a fair bit, it was more about encouraging people to come forward to foster children, but it was clear that there are increasing numbers of children going into care, that poverty is playing a big part, and that far fewer people are coming forward. Sadly also highlighted the devastating damage that can happen to children pushed from one carer to another. Just another way these austerity policies are impacting on people's lives.
I suspect the high cost of housing has a lot to do with it. It often takes two people working to pay a mortgage on even the smallest home, leaving little room to accommodate your own family, what with additional housing and childcare costs, let alone foster children, which may come with enough money to clothe and feed, but I doubt enough money is provided to adequately cover extra housing costs, especially when those extra costs still need to be paid for between placements. Fostering was probably an easier choice in the past when many women stayed at home even when they didn't have children of their own and a lot more people could afford houses on one income with plenty of space.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:

@justinbessou

(my bold)

I admire Khan a lot. The joke at the end of the article (link posted) is wonderful.
It’s only a couple of weeks since the election, and he says he’s in the final stage of grief: acceptance. But it’s still painful.
“It’s quite upsetting ... ” he exhales loudly. “Thoroughly depressing. I was inconsolable.”

Sadiq Khan: ‘Ruthless? No. Decency can get you to the top in politics’
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... aspiration" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:

@justinbessou

He was quoted as saying he was only just getting over the shock and grief of the election results in one of the articles linked to yesterday. I found that a very honest admission - and was glad he said it. Makes him seem properly human - unlike the immediate phoenixes that rose up within hours of the outcome.
I'm not sure that it is the right time for him. I have seen stuff that says the real reason tha Umunna stood down was because black community leaders advised him against it, given the hard time that Ed was given. I think Khan would come in for every bit as much. The establishment would see to it. And there lies the rub for every person who doesn't give a damned about a person's origins but want to see people of ability and commitment and yes, intelligence too, in place and helping the country move forward instead of regressing. We as a nation can barely move for these stifling restrictions on what is and isn't possible. And everyone who is beyond the establishment pale is fair game to be hunted mercilessly. So it's got to be someone impeccable, and who is able to hold to Labour values too. Otherwise we'd have an Obama syndrome situation. Khan is good enough to understand this, he knows exactly how much more is demanded if you are from a minority group. It's very un-PC to say these things, which will be why Umunna didn't, but it's true. And with so few coming forward anyway it's easy to see that it's no longer the coveted position it once was. I'm hoping there will be some late entries to shake things up a bit, and wrong foot the media circus.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Chris Leslie, Labour’s shadow Chancellor, responding to the Manufacturing Outlook survey, published by the EEF, said:
“This report confirms there is no room for complacency when it comes to manufacturing output and productivity. The productivity challenge requires more than lip-service from a government which has failed to prioritise high-quality skills and infrastructure delivery or to provide consistent support for business investment. We need a more productive economy to raise living standards and help reduce the deficit.”

JUNE 1, 2015 (12:29 PM)
http://press.labour.org.uk/post/1204342 ... cency-when" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Britain’s manufacturing sector has lost momentum in recent months, hit by the slowdown in North Sea oil and gas investment and a tough export market, a business survey has found.

Manufacturers’ organisation EEF has cut its outlook for the sector and the wider UK economy after downbeat responses to its latest survey of more than 400 companies. It shows firms are scaling back their investment and hiring plans as overall business confidence slips.
http://www.theguardian.com/business/201 ... investment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Tristram Hunt MP, Labour’s Shadow Education Secretary, commenting on the Government’s childcare announcement today, said:
“The Conservative Party was unable to explain how it would fund its childcare offer before the general election. It remains unclear how they propose to fill the funding gaps in their plans now."

1 HOUR AGO
http://press.labour.org.uk/post/1204305 ... nouncement" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Andrew Gwynne, Labour’s Shadow Health Minister, commenting on the GP survey published today, said :
“David Cameron has made it harder to see a GP and as this survey shows it is patients who are paying the price. Almost half of patients say they cannot see their GP in the evenings or weekends, despite David Cameron promising to deliver seven-day access five years ago. It’s no wonder people still don’t trust the Tories with the NHS.”

JUNE 1, 2015 (11:19 AM)
http://press.labour.org.uk/post/1204317 ... shed-today" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Way to go, Tories.
Proud of it?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

seeingclearly wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote: I find it hard to see beyond Jowell for Labour's candidate next year, tbh. The only thing that could really derail her is some scandal (old or new)

I'm not sure that it is the right time for him. I have seen stuff that says the real reason tha Umunna stood down was because black community leaders advised him against it, given the hard time that Ed was given. I think Khan would come in for every bit as much. The establishment would see to it. And there lies the rub for every person who doesn't give a damned about a person's origins but want to see people of ability and commitment and yes, intelligence too, in place and helping the country move forward instead of regressing. We as a nation can barely move for these stifling restrictions on what is and isn't possible. And everyone who is beyond the establishment pale is fair game to be hunted mercilessly. So it's got to be someone impeccable, and who is able to hold to Labour values too. Otherwise we'd have an Obama syndrome situation. Khan is good enough to understand this, he knows exactly how much more is demanded if you are from a minority group. It's very un-PC to say these things, which will be why Umunna didn't, but it's true. And with so few coming forward anyway it's easy to see that it's no longer the coveted position it once was. I'm hoping there will be some late entries to shake things up a bit, and wrong foot the media circus.
Oh, almost definitely ethnicity has a part to play in why Sadiq Khan (and probably Chuka Umunna - I don't regret his standing aside, but regret the all too probable reason) has distanced himself. He must have been keenly aware of the undercurrents (and oft-times overcurrents) swilling around Ed Miliband. I enjoyed the article in the Jewish Chronicle (will try to find it) about his (SK) wanting to be, amongst other things, a Muslim Mayor for Jewish people in London. (I'm paraphrasing wildly).

I was glad to read that he's recovering from the election blow. (I'm not too sure that I am!) Indeed, a very human politician.

Oh, well. Onward and not downward . . . .
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

I've found this, which gives the Standard's ( tainted) flavour, but I can't find the original article:
Sadiq Khan: I would be a Muslim mayor who stands up for Jewish rights (Standard)
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics ... 66417.html
Tonibel
Backbencher

Post by Tonibel »

rebeccariots2 wrote:@ FTN contingent living in Wales - well south and west Wales - anyone thinking of going to the Swansea Labour leadership hustings on 5th July?

A few things going on medically at the moment. Will have to see what happens. I honestly don't have a clue who to support at the moment.
Edited to add except notLiz Kendall
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

Off topic but worrying. Includes a link to the legislation.

South African government to control all agricultural land.

http://www.sustainme.co.za/blog/urgent- ... 0-may-2015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Flowers, air freshener & eye drops: Just three things the insane legal highs bill will outlaw http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2015/06 ... -to-make-i" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …

"A few days after the draft psychoactive substances bill was published, its full ramifications are still becoming clear. It is one of the weirdest pieces of law ever proposed by a British government. And at a stroke, it seems to criminalise the majority of households in the UK."

http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2015/06 ... -to-make-i" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Not sure what is going on here ....?
Reclaim The Power ‏@nodashforgas · 11m11 minutes ago
City Hall Ldn BLOCKADED! 30 ft Tripod & people super glued @MayorofLondon divest from fossil fuels #ReclaimThePower
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Exposing UKIP IMP ‏@SLATUKIP · 6m6 minutes ago
This'll make the Far Right go apeshit: #BBC investigated for *pro* #Ukip bias...

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/j ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …

BBC to be investigated over child shown backing Ukip to 'get the foreigners out'
Broadcast of primary school pupil telling Tristram Hunt he would vote Ukip may have broken child welfare rules and could have sparked backlash, claim critics
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

AngryAsWell wrote:Flowers, air freshener & eye drops: Just three things the insane legal highs bill will outlaw http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2015/06 ... -to-make-i" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …

"A few days after the draft psychoactive substances bill was published, its full ramifications are still becoming clear. It is one of the weirdest pieces of law ever proposed by a British government. And at a stroke, it seems to criminalise the majority of households in the UK."

http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2015/06 ... -to-make-i" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And taking it to the ultimate. Oxygen. There's nothing like it to make us feel alive.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

AndrewSparrow ‏@AndrewSparrow 4m4 minutes ago
Sounds as if the British bill of rights could end up looking remarkably similar to Labour's Human Rights Act - http://www.theguardian.com/politics/blo ... 2b412965c5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
It's all sleight of hand with Cameron and the Tories. I expect the same with the Europe negotiations as well. He'll come out with something that's really what we've got now and proclaim it's something wonderfully different. Just depends how many people will be fooled by it.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
AndrewSparrow ‏@AndrewSparrow 4m4 minutes ago
Sounds as if the British bill of rights could end up looking remarkably similar to Labour's Human Rights Act - http://www.theguardian.com/politics/blo ... 2b412965c5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
It's all sleight of hand with Cameron and the Tories. I expect the same with the Europe negotiations as well. He'll come out with something that's really what we've got now and proclaim it's something wonderfully different. Just depends how many people will be fooled by it.
His own backbenchers won't be fooled, that's where the trouble will come from.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Jim Pickard ‏@PickardJE 14m14 minutes ago
Probably academic now but am told the Lib Dems were prepared to accept £9-10bn of welfare cuts in a second coalition: ie close to Tory £12bn
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Jim Pickard ‏@PickardJE 14m14 minutes ago
Probably academic now but am told the Lib Dems were prepared to accept £9-10bn of welfare cuts in a second coalition: ie close to Tory £12bn
:roll:

So much for them being different.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

citizenJA wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
The National Arrives.jpg
The National ‏@ScotNational 3h3 hours ago
In the lair of the enemy: The National arrives at the House of Commons http://ebx.sh/1KGX6sS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Otto English @Otto_English
The "enemy" being who exactly? @ScotNational
There's a longish thread discussing this underneath Otto English's tweet - includes tweets from LightACandle who also thinks this is not a good look for Scotland.
Any reply clarifying who the "enemy" is?

The SNP MP holding the Nat propaganda rag used to be a Tory.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tasmina_Ahmed-Sheikh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apologies if someone has posted this already, am reading from the top after coming home from shopping.
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

AngryAsWell wrote:Flowers, air freshener & eye drops: Just three things the insane legal highs bill will outlaw http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2015/06 ... -to-make-i" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …

Interesting article. I guess nitrous oxide which is also abused like helium also comes into this category, and should, as it's well documented side effect is to neutralise the bodys B12 store, causing neurological impairment and disability.
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

AngryAsWell wrote:Exposing UKIP IMP ‏@SLATUKIP · 6m6 minutes ago
This'll make the Far Right go apeshit: #BBC investigated for *pro* #Ukip bias...

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/j ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …

BBC to be investigated over child shown backing Ukip to 'get the foreigners out'
Broadcast of primary school pupil telling Tristram Hunt he would vote Ukip may have broken child welfare rules and could have sparked backlash, claim critics
Could they instead be investigated for enabling the disproportionate amount of appearances of Farage on Question Time and other programmes ?
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

The temperature here has been dropping rapidly and it's pouring with rain. This on the day I regard as the first day of summer. I feel cheated.

Wondering what it's like elsewhere.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

seeingclearly wrote:The temperature here has been dropping rapidly and it's pouring with rain. This on the day I regard as the first day of summer. I feel cheated.

Horrible here too. Cold, less than 10centigrade outside, very wet and windy.
Arthritis in my hands has flared up as a consequence and having to wear fingerless mittens.
thatchersorphan
Committee Chair

Post by thatchersorphan »

AngryAsWell wrote:Not sure what is going on here ....?
City Hall Ldn BLOCKADED! 30 ft Tripod & people super glued @MayorofLondon divest from fossil fuels #ReclaimThePower
http://www.nodashforgas.org.uk/press-re ... city-hall/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Around 12:30pm today, a group of activists erected a 30 foot tripod outside the front of City Hall and superglued themselves to the front of the building, protesting against Boris Johnson’s recent dismissal of the Divest London and London Assembly call to divest their £4.8bn pension fund from oil, coal and gas and his supportive stance on fracking and shale gas extraction
More of todays actions can be found on http://www.nodashforgas.org.uk/updates/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

seeingclearly wrote:Off topic but worrying. Includes a link to the legislation.

South African government to control all agricultural land.

http://www.sustainme.co.za/blog/urgent- ... 0-may-2015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That is worrying. Things haven't been the same since the Land Enclosure Acts, seeingclearly. I'm not being flippant. If people can't get what they need through the land or economic system, that's it - the people are slaves to landowners.

My partner isn't not sure the agricultural revolution was a smart idea. He hankers for roaming the earth, picking up what's necessary & long sojourns all year 'round. I've always thought being able to store food for later in larger quantities meant others could create something & exchange stories or music for barley & onions. A nice honeycomb sometimes. Depending on the story. Or song.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

yahyah wrote:
seeingclearly wrote:The temperature here has been dropping rapidly and it's pouring with rain. This on the day I regard as the first day of summer. I feel cheated.

Arthritis in my hands has flared up as a consequence and having to wear fingerless mittens.
The same here. I've just had to put the fire on. They are saying it'll turn better by the end of the week. Fingers crossed because this is ridiculous.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ohsocynical wrote:
yahyah wrote:

The same here. I've just had to put the fire on. They are saying it'll turn better by the end of the week. Fingers crossed because this is ridiculous.
Yep, dumping down rain & a wild wind here in the West Midlands.
I confess, I like it better sometimes because people put their power tools away.
Damn power tools are noisy.
And no homes built, no solar panels installed, no wind turbine - I wouldn't mind some noise if that were the goal.
Anyone come near with their hydraulic fracturing apparatus, I will escort them to the edge of the sea.
I better put the kettle on.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

thatchersorphan wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:Not sure what is going on here ....?
http://www.nodashforgas.org.uk/press-re ... city-hall/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Around 12:30pm today, a group of activists erected a 30 foot tripod outside the front of City Hall and superglued themselves to the front of the building, protesting against Boris Johnson’s recent dismissal of the Divest London and London Assembly call to divest their £4.8bn pension fund from oil, coal and gas and his supportive stance on fracking and shale gas extraction
More of todays actions can be found on http://www.nodashforgas.org.uk/updates/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hey, right on.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ohsocynical wrote:

And taking it to the ultimate. Oxygen. There's nothing like it to make us feel alive.
The best. I agree.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Windows 10 release date: Microsoft offers free upgrade from July 29

Microsoft's latest operating system Windows 10 will be available to download from July 29, the company has confirmed

Keen fans can reserve an upgrade through clicking an icon in their system tray in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/m ... ly-29.html
Edited to add: It's for customers running Windows 7 or 8.1
nickyinnorfolk
Minister of State

Post by nickyinnorfolk »

rebeccariots2 wrote:[youtube]ZiH3L3XpJHY[/youtube]
Otto English ‏@Otto_English 11h11 hours ago
They're laughing at us in Europe. We're a laughing stock. Even the Germans are taking the piss.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Via @j_stafford88

Published on May 17, 2015
I subtitled a great segment of the german political Comedy Show "Heute Show" about Britain's role in the European Union. Broadcast Date on ZDF: 15 May 2015
Editing to add. This actually cheered me up ... weirdly reassuring to know the Germans can see and smell the hypocrisy and cant and aren't afraid to mock it mercilessly.
Yes, weirdly entertaining but uncomfortable viewing. Feel deeply embarrassed for our nation that we've got these nasty idiots in charge. Contrast the way Gordon Brown was credited by other European leaders, notably Mrs Merkel, in leading the way forward following the global financial crisis.

Merkel is actually remarkably tolerant of and patient with Cameron, principally because she genuinely wants the UK to remain in Europe. Cameron has never done anything to make her think there's any point in taking seriously a single thing he says or does - in fact he's an egregious nuisance and irritant.

That point that was made that we don't make anything but provide 'glamour' (Kate 'n' Wills plus progeny, the Beckhams etc) - in other words fodder for the German equivalent of gossip/lifestyle magazines like Hello - which is sadly true ...
Tonibel
Backbencher

Post by Tonibel »

yahyah wrote:

Cold wet and miserable. We've lit the fire.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Tonibel wrote:
yahyah wrote:

I blame the Tories ;)
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

yahyah wrote:
Tonibel wrote:
yahyah wrote:

I blame the Tories ;)
:clap:
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

yahyah wrote:
Tonibel wrote:
yahyah wrote:

I blame the Tories ;)
The SNP would make it better up here but Westminster won't give them the necessary powers. :lol:
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Joking aside, the garden is taking a pasting in the wind.

Weather warnings for up to 70mph for most of Wales.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Eric_WLothian wrote:
yahyah wrote:
Tonibel wrote:

I blame the Tories ;)
The SNP would make it better up here but Westminster won't give them the necessary powers. :lol:

& UKIP blame that foreigner El Nino.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

yahyah wrote:Joking aside, the garden is taking a pasting in the wind.

We have weather warnings out for tomorrow too.
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

ohsocynical wrote:
yahyah wrote:Joking aside, the garden is taking a pasting in the wind.

We have weather warnings out for tomorrow too.
We have them in Derbyshire too. Only 50 mph though. Supposed to be nice by the weekend they say. :dance:
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

I don't know if this has been linked yet, as usual, apologies if it has, to me though it sums up the ridiculousness and frustration of politics in this country at the moment, Michael Sheen is sublime at the moment, if ever you want to give up the day job Mike, and in darkness, Port Talbot is a dead ringer for Manhattan, what with all the lights from the steel works...

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/20 ... -democracy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:I don't know if this has been linked yet, as usual, apologies if it has, to me though it sums up the ridiculousness and frustration of politics in this country at the moment, Michael Sheen is sublime at the moment, if ever you want to give up the day job Mike, and in darkness, Port Talbot is a dead ringer for Manhattan, what with all the lights from the steel works...

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/20 ... -democracy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's so right. The fundamental thing now should be 'What do you believe in?' and then create the policies that support that.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Paul Waugh ‏@paulwaugh 37m37 minutes ago
I'm told @YvetteCooperMP will visit Scotland this week as part of national tour Wants to meet voters who switched to SNP. #firstintolionsden