Tuesday 14th July 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Tuesday 14th July 2015

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Re: Tuesday 14th July 2015

Post by Lonewolfie »

Morfterning all...

Apologies if this has been linked, but for all fans of Yanis The Great....and not a good look for the alleged 'economists' that are pretending to 'run the Euro/world'....

'HL: You’ve said creditors objected to you because “I try and talk economics in the Eurogroup, which nobody does.” What happened when you did?

YV: It’s not that it didn’t go down well – it’s that there was point blank refusal to engage in economic arguments. Point blank. … You put forward an argument that you’ve really worked on – to make sure it’s logically coherent – and you’re just faced with blank stares. It is as if you haven’t spoken. What you say is independent of what they say. You might as well have sung the Swedish national anthem – you’d have got the same reply. And that’s startling, for somebody who’s used to academic debate. … The other side always engages. Well there was no engagement at all. It was not even annoyance, it was as if one had not spoken.
'

http://www.newstatesman.com/world-affai ... ave-greece
Proud to be 1 of the 76% - Solidarity...because PODEMOS
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

TallyHo!

So the SNP are to vote to keep the ban on foxhunting in England, despite it not impacting on Scotland in any at a all.

A split the Union tactic?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Jane Merrick ‏@janemerrick23 52m52 minutes ago
Remember when David Cameron warned that voting Labour would allow the SNP to block legislation + cause chaos? Thank god that's not happening
:lol:

Morning. It's a considerably brighter one for those of us that value our wildlife.
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

norman smith ‏@BBCNormanS 1h1 hour ago
Scotland's First Minister @NicolaSturgeon says there has been "over whelming support" from people in England for SNP to vote on fox hunting
And Wales Norman, don't forget Wales.

I sent all the SNP MPs an email of thanks last night. I asked them to give the Tories hell re their EVEL plan too.

I suspect that Brian May may have helped a lot of people, including the SNP MPs, clarify their position re opposing the government on this when he said it as it is and said the government / Countryside Alliance were talking bollocks and a bunch of lying bastards. I imagine the SNP rather like that direct approach. Without the swearing - it's the robust kind of opposing we need to see more of from all the parties of opposition on matters where the government is clearly being underhand, manipulative and bringing forward bad policies.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Has anyone seen confirmation of Plaid's stance on the fox hunting vote ?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

yahyah wrote:Has anyone seen confirmation of Plaid's stance on the fox hunting vote ?
There was a tweet from a political commentator last night saying BBC PM programme reporting that all Plaid MPs are to vote with the pro hunt Tories ...

That doesn't surprise me at all. Expect a deafening silence from Leanne Wood about it - it doesn't fit with the image she likes to project of the party. All the Plaid MPs also voted against the hunting ban when it was brought in in 2004. So no change in stance.

Your MP - Mark Williams Lib Dem - is also going to vote pro hunt.

It's still going to be a very close vote - even with the SNP - as the Tories are redoubling their efforts to bring 'rebels' back into line. Supposedly telling MPs they will never get a government job if they vote against the relaxation ... as someone else said 'Free vote, my arse'.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Thanks RR. Not surprised to hear about Mark Williams but it is still depressing.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
yahyah wrote:Has anyone seen confirmation of Plaid's stance on the fox hunting vote ?
There was a tweet from a political commentator last night saying BBC PM programme reporting that all Plaid MPs are to vote with the pro hunt Tories ...

That doesn't surprise me at all. Expect a deafening silence from Leanne Wood about it - it doesn't fit with the image she likes to project of the party. All the Plaid MPs also voted against the hunting ban when it was brought in in 2004. So no change in stance.

Your MP - Mark Williams Lib Dem - is also going to vote pro hunt.

It's still going to be a very close vote - even with the SNP - as the Tories are redoubling their efforts to bring 'rebels' back into line. Supposedly telling MPs they will never get a government job if they vote against the relaxation ... as someone else said 'Free vote, my arse'.
Welsh Labour tweeted it, as per your post last night: http://flythenest.org/viewtopic.php?p=59928#p59928" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

This is a bit of a long read and was first published in 2009....but there's definitely no conspiracy anywhere at all...

The first thing you need to know about Goldman Sachs is that it's everywhere. The world's most powerful investment bank is a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money. In fact, the history of the recent financial crisis, which doubles as a history of the rapid decline and fall of the suddenly swindled dry American empire, reads like a Who's Who of Goldman Sachs graduates.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/ne ... 405?page=2

just remind me again.....who's the Chairman of the BoE?....and what about the 'so-called' 'World' Bank?...

'The international tribunals proposed in the TPP would be presided over by arbitrators (judges) appointed by the Secretary-General of the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), an institution of the World Bank Group. The general counsel of the World Bank, Aron Broches, drew up the convention establishing the ICSID. The ICSID is housed at the World Bank’s headquarters complex in Washington, D.C. The ICSID receives its funding from the World Bank and the ICSID’s governing Council is chaired by the president of the World Bank. So the proposed TPP tribunals are, in essence, a means for transferring judicial authority over vast areas of domestic law to “arbitrators” picked by the World Bank — and the central bankers and the giant commercial/investment bankers that run the World Bank.

Robert Zoellick, who stepped down as 11th president of the World Bank in 2012, quickly stepped into a number of high-profile positions at “prestigious” organizations, perhaps the most notable being his appointment as “chairman of international advisors” to Goldman Sachs, the global investment banking goliath infamously known as the “Vampire Squid.” Zoellick is a Goldman alum; intermingled with his “government service” — as U.S. trade representative, deputy secretary of state, under secretary of state, etc. — Zoellich served as international vice chairman at Goldman Sachs. Zoellich is also a longtime member of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), the key “Establishment” organization that has been most responsible for guiding our nation on the globalist path toward world government for much of the past century.'

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/co ... -sachs-cfr

...and the President of the European Central Bank?...

Draghi is a member of the Group of Thirty founded by the Rockefeller Foundation. The Group of Thirty is a private group of lobbyists in the finance sector.[37][38] For this reason he is accused of having a conflict of interest as president of the ECB. Some parties also see Draghi's former work at Goldman Sachs as a conflict of interest

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Draghi

...as I say - there's definitely no conspiracy to enslave humans with debt - nowhere, no how, no siree.

..aussi....Joyeux Quatorze Juillet!....if only we had some sort of Bastille to storm :fight:
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.

And thank you, Nicola Sturgeon.
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
norman smith ‏@BBCNormanS 1h1 hour ago
Scotland's First Minister @NicolaSturgeon says there has been "over whelming support" from people in England for SNP to vote on fox hunting
And Wales Norman, don't forget Wales.

I sent all the SNP MPs an email of thanks last night. I asked them to give the Tories hell re their EVEL plan too.

I suspect that Brian May may have helped a lot of people, including the SNP MPs, clarify their position re opposing the government on this when he said it as it is and said the government / Countryside Alliance were talking bollocks and a bunch of lying bastards. I imagine the SNP rather like that direct approach. Without the swearing - it's the robust kind of opposing we need to see more of from all the parties of opposition on matters where the government is clearly being underhand, manipulative and bringing forward bad policies.
I wonder whether the alleged split in the SNP (Salmond/Sturgeon if rumours are correct - of course, nothing reported) came about because Salmonds orders from Uncle Rupert were to let the fox-hunting vote through....and Sturgeon realised that it wouldn't be popular (or particularly logical, given that (as I understand it) the hunting ban in Scotland is very strongly supported.)

I think the SNP would also find themselves with '"over whelming support" from people in England' if they truly were anti-austerity and pro-NHS....but they're so much more interested in clapping in the House and insulting Labour (sorry - Red Tories :wall: )...any rumours about Clouncy actually getting the Tories through the lobby, so the SNP vote will be meaningless?

Maybe I'm just too cynical now....

TTFN
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

I post the following quote from the local rag purely in order to allow the release of my howl of pain over the lamentable standards of the local rag:
Campaigners demand action over spiralling visitor numbers at Portsmouth museums

WE must save our museums before it’s too late – that’s the warning from campaigners as figures reveal a sharp decline in visitor numbers in Portsmouth. (News - my emphases)
And from the same article:
Unite union says staff moral is low (News - my emphasis)
I suppose you can have a spiral of decline but the phrase "spiralling numbers" customarily denotes an increase. Doesn't it? I initially thought that the piece was about a lack of parking\toilet facilities or similar until, unfortunately for my blood pressure, I read it.

Better (marginally) now. Thank you for listening!
Tonibel
Backbencher

Post by Tonibel »

DUP supporting Tories on hunting according to tweet by George Eaton.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

SpinningHugo wrote:TallyHo!

So the SNP are to vote to keep the ban on foxhunting in England, despite it not impacting on Scotland in any at a all.

A split the Union tactic?
So I guess you don't agree with Sturgeon's second reason then, SH.
The second reason is that actually this debate over the past debate has thrown a spotlight onto Scotland’s foxhunting law because what the Conservative government are saying is they’re simply bringing the English law into line with the Scottish law – that’s made a lot of people in Scotland think ‘shouldn’t we be tightening up our law to bring it into line with English law as it stands’. Inevitably there will now be a look at the Scottish law and what we will be looking at is whether the current English law is better and actually there is an interest for us, then, in making sure the English law stays as it is.
Personally I think it serves Cameron right for being so obsessed with fox-hunting. I believe he once said the hunting ban was one of the things that infuriated him most. He has made it an issue and used Scottish law as part of his argument, so there is every reason to include the Scots as it brings there own law into question. Besides it's Cameron that wants to play politics.
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Here is more from what Liam Fox, the Conservative former defence secretary, said on the Today programme about the SNP’s decision to take part in the vote on foxhunting in England.

People in England are perfectly capable of electing MPs to look after their own interests, so we can thank Nicola Sturgeon to keep her nose out of that one. In February she was saying that hunting is the sort of issue she would not want SNP members of parliament voting on because it purely affects England. So what we’ve seen really is a pretty toxic mixture of opportunism and hypocrisy coming from the SNP.
My bold.
Takes one to know one.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

[quote][/quote]Foxhunting vote dropped amid threat of Tory defeat to SNP - live
With Nicola Sturgeon telling SNP MPs to vote down foxhunting changes, David Cameron looks set to delay the debate until English Votes for English Laws approved. Latest developments here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... -live.html
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

This has just been posted on AS blog blt

glyn08 1m ago
The hunting vote has been DROPPED!
They will vote after the EVEL legislation has been passed.

Any one know more?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Tonibel wrote:DUP supporting Tories on hunting according to tweet by George Eaton.
As with Plaid, they originally opposed the ban a decade ago - so no surprise.

(SDLP may vote against the government, though)

I get the impression that many of the Tories who have said they are going to vote against hunting are pretty unbiddable on this, and are going to call Cameron's "you'll never get a job if you don't vote the way I want" bluff - plus there is the pressure of public opinion on them. This has the potential to actually cost them votes, no question.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

ohsocynical wrote:
Foxhunting vote dropped amid threat of Tory defeat to SNP - live
With Nicola Sturgeon telling SNP MPs to vote down foxhunting changes, David Cameron looks set to delay the debate until English Votes for English Laws approved. Latest developments here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... -live.html
Well I'll be clusterfrackingly omnishambled :o

Of course, EVEL is going frightfully...well...frightfully, anyway :lol:

I won't link it, but the Bullingdon Bullsh1t Cabal have 'SNP U turn'.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

The unseen Charles Dickens: read the excoriating essay on Victorian poverty that no-one knew he had written

What Is Sensational?
By Charles Dickens

Is it sensational to pander, palter, truckle, and deceive; to hush up cruelty and brutality to the helpless, frauds on the ratepayers, and dishonesty to the poor? Is it sensational to bid for political support by throwing the judicial mantle over parochial misdeeds? Is it sensational to make active sympathy with suffering a matter for punishment; and selfish indifference the key to favour and reward?

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 86310.html
Pander, palter, truckle. Wouldn't Dickens have had a field day with IDS.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

This may have been posted before but worth a second read

Nicky Morgan vs The Bell Curve

http://headguruteacher.com/2015/06/30/n ... ell-curve/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Any word from Alex Salmond?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

From the Telegraph’s Christopher Hope

Christopher Hope

@christopherhope

So far David Cameron has performed three U-turns under pressure from MPs (EVEL, EU ref and now fox hunting). His Government is 67 days old.
11:25 AM - 14 Jul 2015 (Politics Blog, Guardian)
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

You could add the Human Rights Act to that as well......
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:You could add the Human Rights Act to that as well......
Do you think that David Cameron has committed a bit of a faux pas by hitching his EVEL wagon to the issue of fox hunting?
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

Afternoon all.
Today's omnishambles perfectly summed up by Owen Jones:
2015-07-14_121125.jpg
2015-07-14_121125.jpg (36.21 KiB) Viewed 7136 times

67 days gone, only 1760 to go!
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

PorFavor wrote:
Do you think that David Cameron has committed a bit of a faux pas by hitching his EVEL wagon to the issue of fox hunting?
Quite possibly.

The conventional "chattering class" wisdom is that this is a clever move by Dave, ignoring the fact they are no nearer to coherently defining EVEL than they were a few weeks ago when their original efforts collapsed in near farce.

What we are really seeing, though, is what an incoherent ragbag of contradictions the Tory GE manifesto was - a collection of lazy right wing w*** fantasies indulged because they thought they weren't going to win a majority, so could (of course) blame that on them not actually being implemented.

Needless to say, it is precisely at this moment that Harman chose to declare them as the unimpeachable will of the British people, set in stone (ahem) for all eternity :twisted:
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
PorFavor wrote:
Quite possibly.

The conventional "chattering class" wisdom is that this is a clever move by Dave, ignoring the fact they are no nearer to coherently defining EVEL than they were a few weeks ago when their original efforts collapsed in near farce.

What we are really seeing, though, is what an incoherent ragbag of contradictions the Tory GE manifesto was - a collection of lazy right wing w*** fantasies indulged because they thought they weren't going to win a majority, so could (of course) blame that on them not actually being implemented.

Needless to say, it is precisely at this moment that Harman chose to declare them as the unimpeachable will of the British people, set in stone (ahem) for all eternity :twisted:
Harman has gone completely the wrong way on welfare. There are plenty of economic and delivery problems with the government's bill that Labour can object to, if they're worried about being seen as the welfare party. There is a huge opportunity for making the Tories work hard by opposing everything - Cameron isn't used to getting his vote out, he relied on Clegg a great deal for getting stuff through the Commons. Make him rally every last MP for every single vote and eventually his slim majority will surely crack. If nothing else it'll bug hell out of him.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Harriet Harman is wrong: the Conservatives don’t have a mandate to cut child tax credits
James Bloodworth
Listen to the voters by all means. But recognise that they aren't calling for a cut in child tax credits

http://leftfootforward.org/2015/07/harr ... x-credits/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

So who in Labour still agrees with Harman on this?? Liz Kendall, about a dozen of her most ardent camp followers, and.......erm..........

Frank Field is opposed to it. Further comment is superfluous, really.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Iran nuclear deal: historic agreement in Vienna – live updates

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2 ... 0add7751af" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:So who in Labour still agrees with Harman on this?? Liz Kendall, about a dozen of her most ardent camp followers, and.......erm..........

Frank Field is opposed to it. Further comment is superfluous, really.
Yes - Frank Field as Labour's Plimsoll line. Who'd have thought it?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good afternoon, everyone.
Fine, informative posts from everyone as usual, today especially so.
I most often come to FTN prior to looking at any other news.
I'm not flattering.
I love & like my friends here but my fellowship with any of you is mostly separate from my decision to use FTN first for news.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Jess Phillips interview: Tony Benn, White Male Privilege and Return of the Jedi - she sounds a bundle of laughs, but very determined about causes she is passionate about, hope she can hold on to her independent self :)

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/07 ... _hp_ref=tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

From AS blog
"Andy Burnham's press gallery hustings
Andy Burnham is due to speak at a Labour leadership hustings at the Commons press gallery.

It should start in about 10 minutes. I’ll be covering it in detail."

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/blo ... e#comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I've gone back to yesterday's thread to read posts I'd not seen yet.
I won't list special thanks to each because I'd be here all day doing it.

Ephemerid responding to my post on Greece, RR2's tireless good work updating the foxhunting ban, Ohso's courgette recipe, TubbyIsaacs, RogerOThornhill...dang it, there I go putting the lie to my second sentence... enough... :rock:
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Burnham says Labour should vote against the welfare bill as it stands.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Utopiandream's posts yesterday excellent too.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

AngryAsWell wrote:Iran nuclear deal: historic agreement in Vienna – live updates

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2 ... 0add7751af" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Some of the Likudnik-neocon types who have long slavered for war with Iran are *not* happy about this. Diddums :P
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015 ... are_btn_tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

George Osborne’s ‘living wage’ could be the death of social care
David Brindle
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Instant reaction: IMF says no more extend and pretend

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The IMF’s leaked report is potentially dynamite, because the Fund cannot lend to a country if it doesn’t believe it would be sustainable.
So unless Europe swallows the reality that Greece needs major debt relief, the IMF won’t provide any more bailout funds.
Officially, the IMF line that it “stands ready to work with the Greek authorities,”
But we can now see that it is actually saying that another “extend and pretend” bailout deal is fundamentally flawed.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/liv ... 0add77529f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

EC to recommend using European Financial Stability Mechanism (EFSM) for Greece despite UK objections
Developments in Brussels...... Reuters is snapping that the Commission is going to ignore George Osborne’s concerns, and recommend tapping the EFSM to fund Greece’s bridge financing.

That would mean breaking the agreement that the EFSM should not be used for eurozone rescues.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/liv ... 0add7752be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(my bold)
Wrong.
European Financial Stabilisation Mechanism (EFSM)
This mechanism provides financial assistance to EU Member States in financial difficulties.

http://ec.europa.eu/economy_finance/eu_ ... dex_en.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

On the UK Tory Chancellor's no assistance for Greek bailout funding...
I'm not sure it's a story - I think it's Chancellor Jeff posturing with Dave over this - I don't think the UK is on hook for bailout assistance for Greece or anything anyway.
I could be wrong; please don't hesitate to provide other information.
I'll keep open to finding out better information.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

10 July 2015
An average of 1,000 refugees now arriving on Greek islands every day

GENEVA, July 10 (UNHCR) – On average 1,000 refugees are now arriving on the Greek islands every day creating an unprecedented emergency for Greece and other countries, the UN refugee agency reported on Friday (July 10).
UNHCR said that since the beginning of the year, a staggering 77,100 people had arrived in Greece by sea, many on flimsy and unsafe vessels. Almost 60 per cent of the new arrivals are from Syria while others come from Afghanistan, Iraq, Eritrea and Somalia.

http://www.unhcr.org/559fe2ef6.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Okay, so as if Greece didn't have its hands full enough already.
I wasn't entirely aware of the extent of this emergency.
It doesn't make it to front page mainstream media news all that often.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Greece will need debt relief far beyond what euro zone partners have been prepared to consider due to the devastation of its economy and banks in the last two weeks, a confidential study by the International Monetary Fund seen by Reuters shows.

The updated debt sustainability analysis was sent to euro zone governments late on Monday, hours after Athens and its 18 partners agreed in principle to open negotiations on a third bailout program of up to 86 billion euros in return for tougher austerity measures and structural reforms.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/ ... CB20150714" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(my bold)
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

"No, the Greek agreement is not a coup and if you think it is, you're an idiot"

- James Kirkup
13 July 2015
Telegraph
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... idiot.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Razor sharp, intellectual, political acumen, innit?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Brussels has not given enough attention to communities affected by mass migration, he[Andy Burnham] says.

Those communities need extra help. They often feel they are not getting it. (Politics Blog, Guardian - my emphasis)
I hate these rather mealy mouthed sorts of utterances. Are they getting help but just don't feel that they're getting any? Or are they simply not getting any help? There's a significant difference.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015 ... r-10-years" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Prisons 'at their worst level for 10 years'
In a damning final report, chief inspector highlights increased violence, staff shortages, overcrowding and cells you ‘wouldn’t keep a dog in’
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:
Brussels has not given enough attention to communities affected by mass migration, he[Andy Burnham] says.

Those communities need extra help. They often feel they are not getting it. (Politics Blog, Guardian - my emphasis)
I hate these rather mealy mouthed sorts of utterances. Are they getting help but just don't feel that they're getting any? Or are they simply not getting any help? There's a significant difference.
Agreed!
It's wretched!
they often feel they're not getting it
Check back with us when you've documented feelings as findings.

"Communities affected by atypical population shifts aren't getting support & supplies from Brussels to effectively manage these changes."