Monday 5th October 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 5th October 2015

Post by HindleA »

Classic projection,he lacks respect and dignity,and therefore any indignity as a result of policy is justifiable,to prove himself correct."
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Referring to the hider behind trees person.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

''No amount of genius spent on the creation of propaganda will lead to success if a fundamental principle is not forever kept in mind.

Propaganda must confine itself to very few points, and repeat them endlessly.
Here, as with so many things in this world, persistence is the first and foremost condition of success.''

No, not Lynton Corsby's memo to Cameron, but from Mein Kampf.

Security, Stability, Opportunity, it'll be repeated endlessly, even more so as the economy tanks in the next year or so.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

yahyah wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote:
yahyah wrote:Chap just called to read the electricity meter.

He tells us the Smart meters are now not going to be compulsory, but that 1,800 jobs will still be lost. He seemed pretty fed up.
Always was going to be compulsory.

Rolled out as part of DECCs smart meter program, as opposed to today where solutions are provided by individual electricity suppliers.

A small charge will be added to every bill to pay for them.

They provide zero benefit to the consumer, the implementation is hopelessly constrained so forget about Smart Grid capabilities, and they introduce a massive security vulnerability to the UK. But they mean the suppliers can save money by getting rid of some meter readers, so that is ok then.

Utter shambles, caused by UK Gov being technically clueless and in thrall to energy companies.

Just looked it up online.

Coalition energy minister Charles Hendry said in 2012
“We believe people will benefit from having smart meters. But we will not make them obligatory.”
He was wrong then, the rollout will be universal (and always was going to be so). EU legislation.
Release the Guardvarks.
nickyinnorfolk
Minister of State

Post by nickyinnorfolk »

yahyah wrote:''No amount of genius spent on the creation of propaganda will lead to success if a fundamental principle is not forever kept in mind.

Propaganda must confine itself to very few points, and repeat them endlessly.
Here, as with so many things in this world, persistence is the first and foremost condition of success.''

No, not Lynton Corsby's memo to Cameron, but from Mein Kampf.

Security, Stability, Opportunity, it'll be repeated endlessly, even more so as the economy tanks in the next year or so.
One gets the creepy feeling that Osborne, Cameron, Crosby and co have seriously studied this and decided it wasn't at all morally bankrupt to emulate Adolf and chums.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

yahyah wrote:
PorFavor wrote:
Hunt suggests people on tax credits lack dignity and self-respect
Rowena Mason

Rowena Mason

Here’s another quote from the Jeremy Hunt fringe meeting. He suggested that those reliant on tax credits and benefits lack dignity and self-respect. (Politics Live, Guardian)

They are going too far now.
I know.
I'm with you.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

refitman wrote:Can anyone tell me what Truss is wittering on about?
Liz Truss, the environment secretary, said in her speech to the conference that free markets help to preserve the environment.

It’s free markets that enable people to pursue their dreams and create prosperity.

It’s access to information and free speech that helps us understand the world and make progress.

Where people don’t have these freedoms, we have seen the greatest declines in the natural world.

With species driven to extinction and habitats despoiled.

And as countries become wealthier, they want to invest in the environment, planting trees, cleaning up rivers and tackling air pollution.

I believe that a strong economy and a healthy environment go hand in hand.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/blo ... e5c6d13986" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
She is beyond stupid.

This sort of crap is why Mr TB Free England has a very nice line in inventing 'Trussisms'. Or rather he doesn't have to invent them - she does that - he simply highlights how bloody ridiculous and empty they are.
Working on the wild side.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:Referring to the hider behind trees person.

He'll spend the rest of his life doing this.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Liz Truss, the environment secretary, said in her speech to the conference that free markets help to preserve the environment.

It’s free markets that enable people to pursue their dreams and create prosperity.

It’s access to information and free speech that helps us understand the world and make progress.

Where people don’t have these freedoms, we have seen the greatest declines in the natural world.

And as countries become wealthier, they want to invest in the environment, planting trees, cleaning up rivers and tackling air pollution.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/blo ... e5c6d13986" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
She is beyond stupid.

This sort of crap is why Mr TB Free England has a very nice line in inventing 'Trussisms'. Or rather he doesn't have to invent them - she does that - he simply highlights how bloody ridiculous and empty they are.
(my bold)
You'll be laughed at the rest of your life, Truss, and that's just the response from your friends.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I personally disagree with the usage of "scum" as a description;far too tame.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

I feel sorry for them to be honest.

They are so far divorced from any notion of concern for their fellow human, unless that person means a pay check for them.

Who'd want to be like that ? They think we envy their ill gotten gains.
Far from it.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Hunt's comment about working as hard as the Chinese reminded me that they execute crooked politicians and business men in China.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

He's married to a Chinese woman. Makes me wonder what he expects her to do in the home.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

This made me laugh. They've had to lock themselves away from the tens of thousands who were were doing exactly that yesterday.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

''Cameron ignored high-level warnings about Andy Coulson, Ashcroft claims
Daily Mail’s Paul Dacre was one of those warning Cameron not to appoint former NoW editor as his director of communications''

There's one of those Mein Kampf type propaganda devices in there :)....'Number 10 does not recognise.....'

“Among those who privately counselled against the move were Daily Mail boss Paul Dacre, who said it was ‘storing up trouble’, former Evening Standard editor Max Hastings, and his old family friend Nicholas Soames.”

In July 2011 Cameron told parliament that warnings from Rusbridger about Coulson fitness for a job in government, made to one of his most senior aides, were not relayed to him.

''Soames is quoted saying: “I did make my views very strongly known about the employment of Coulson. I expressed it very strongly that, firstly, you can employ him as leader of the opposition, but you can’t employ him in Number 10. I made my feelings known both verbally and in writing.”

But the warnings were ignored. Soames went on: “David is dog loyal. And that’s great ... I think he and George [Osborne] both decided that Andy Coulson would be the best person.”

So Cameron lied by omission to the House.
And still stuff that hasn't been fully explained about whole sordid episode.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... oft-claims" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Night all.

Am feeling a little more positive now.

The level of arrogance, deception and casual cruelty the Tories are showing will be their downfall.
Just a question of when they fall, and how hard.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Protesters demonstrating against cuts to disability benefits have pelted Boris Johnson with plastic balls at the Tory conference in Manchester.

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/b ... paign=i100
IDS's underpants hung out on a line, Boris pelted with balls. 60.000 protesters yesterday...My, my, my, what an exciting conference the Tories are having.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

yahyah wrote:''Cameron ignored high-level warnings about Andy Coulson, Ashcroft claims
Daily Mail’s Paul Dacre was one of those warning Cameron not to appoint former NoW editor as his director of communications''

There's one of those Mein Kampf type propaganda devices in there :)....'Number 10 does not recognise.....'

“Among those who privately counselled against the move were Daily Mail boss Paul Dacre, who said it was ‘storing up trouble’, former Evening Standard editor Max Hastings, and his old family friend Nicholas Soames.”

In July 2011 Cameron told parliament that warnings from Rusbridger about Coulson fitness for a job in government, made to one of his most senior aides, were not relayed to him.

''Soames is quoted saying: “I did make my views very strongly known about the employment of Coulson. I expressed it very strongly that, firstly, you can employ him as leader of the opposition, but you can’t employ him in Number 10. I made my feelings known both verbally and in writing.”

But the warnings were ignored. Soames went on: “David is dog loyal. And that’s great ... I think he and George [Osborne] both decided that Andy Coulson would be the best person.”

So Cameron lied by omission to the House.
And still stuff that hasn't been fully explained about whole sordid episode.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... oft-claims" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Got away with it though didn't he, along with lots of other stuff, not to mention what his ministers have got up to....
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Isn't *unt being incredibly racist with his "all Chinese are hard workers" line?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Corbyn. Manchester.jpg
Corbyn. Manchester.jpg (64.37 KiB) Viewed 6043 times
Manchester Catherdral. Waiting for Corbyn. All seats taken. This is the overflow. Corbyn will address them afterwards....
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

refitman wrote:Isn't *unt being incredibly racist with his "all Chinese are hard workers" line?
racist, insulting, untrue, mocking, barbed, shameful
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Frances Perry ‏@FPlearninggrp 10 mins10 minutes ago

Be outside Manchester Cathedral as part of 8000 to see J Corbyn et al..what energy
I know it's irritating to those who don't like him or didn't vote for him, but I have to ask. Who else out of those who stood for the Labour leadership would have commanded crowds like this?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Ben Chu ‏@BenChu_ 2 hrs2 hours ago

Thoughts from me on Jeremy Hunt's comments about getting Brits to work as hard as the Chinese #chinesewhispers:

About China.png
About China.png (56.34 KiB) Viewed 6030 times
Last edited by ohsocynical on Mon 05 Oct, 2015 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ohsocynical wrote:
Frances Perry ‏@FPlearninggrp 10 mins10 minutes ago

Be outside Manchester Cathedral as part of 8000 to see J Corbyn et al..what energy
I know it's irritating to those who don't like him or didn't vote for him, but I have to ask. Who else out of those who stood for the Labour leadership would have commanded crowds like this?
I love the guy.
He's all himself straight off without a script and he's been doing that for decades.
Nothing to change about himself, he's there already.
Anxious people are safe around men and women who know what they are and don't pretend.
I'm grateful he's helping out.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

refitman wrote:Isn't *unt being incredibly racist with his "all Chinese are hard workers" line?
It's pure David Brent.

Surprised he didn't ask Sajid Javid to do his Ali G impression.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

rebeccariots2 wrote:

She is beyond stupid.

Truss can come and breathe our terrible air sometime, courtesy of her clown colleague Johnson. Maybe she'll blame the Congestion Charge for it, interfering with free markets.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Éoin ‏@LabourEoin 7m7 minutes ago
BBC won't show the speech Jeremy Corbyn is about to give in Manchester but you can watch it live here: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … #PeoplesPost
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Is this for real?
This Tory Donor Was Secretly Filmed Dropping Cash-Stuffed Rucksacks At Post Offices
BuzzFeed News followed three bagmen from Lycamobile as they made “deeply suspicious” six-figure daily cash deposits at the Post Office.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/heidiblake/this ... stuffed-ru" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
One of the Conservative Party’s biggest corporate donors Lycamobile is facing serious questions over its finances after three bagmen were secretly filmed dropping off rucksacks stuffed with hundreds of thousands of pounds twice a day at Post Offices across London.
A five-month investigation by BuzzFeed News has revealed that the Lyca telecoms group deploys three men to drive around in an unmarked people carrier depositing bags of money which have totalled up to £1 million each week. Legal and financial experts said the “deeply suspicious” cash deposits should be urgently investigated.
Lycamobile has donated more than £1.3m to the Conservative Party since David Cameron came to power, including over £500,000 in this year alone, despite avoiding paying any corporation tax for years by moving revenue out of the UK through a complex offshore corporate network.
The evidence of Lyca’s unorthodox Post Office deposits comes in the wake of criticism from its new auditor, KPMG, which unearthed almost £46m of previously undeclared revenue earlier this year and said the company had failed to properly explain the gap in its finances so it had been impossible to tell whether “adequate accounting records” had been kept...
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Answering myself - it certainly looks like it. It's a very long and detailed article covering their lengthy surveillance of the bag men, discussions with post office staff, bank staff, internal emails from CCHQ and more. Quite extraordinary.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Is this for real?
This Tory Donor Was Secretly Filmed Dropping Cash-Stuffed Rucksacks At Post Offices
BuzzFeed News followed three bagmen from Lycamobile as they made “deeply suspicious” six-figure daily cash deposits at the Post Office.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/heidiblake/this ... stuffed-ru" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
One of the Conservative Party’s biggest corporate donors Lycamobile is facing serious questions over its finances after three bagmen were secretly filmed dropping off rucksacks stuffed with hundreds of thousands of pounds twice a day at Post Offices across London.
I thought it was one of those spoof news reports you get on Twitter. Unbelievable.
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

ohsocynical wrote:Hunt's comment about working as hard as the Chinese reminded me that they execute crooked politicians and business men in China.
And then invoice the family for the price of the bullet afterwards
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

ohsocynical wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:Is this for real?

I thought it was one of those spoof news reports you get on Twitter. Unbelievable.
How is this recorded by the post office. Money laundering regulations must surely be triggered.

The days when you could turn up and pay cash for big ticket items are long gone. These guys must have been asked to account for where it comes from. If they are distributing it through multiple branches to hide their activities then surely they are guilty of something in the money laundering space.
Release the Guardvarks.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Sports Direct Workers' 'Life-Threatening' Ambulance Calls Revealed By BBC Investigation

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/10 ... 1444054118" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Hunt is getting a complete flaying on Twitter.

Osborne must be furious - on the very day he reached out to those Labour has left behind :lol: :lol: :lol:
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Hunt is getting a complete flaying on Twitter.

Osborne must be furious - on the very day he reached out to those Labour has left behind :lol: :lol: :lol:
Echoes of that group including Priti Patel who published a book which basically said that British workers were lazy.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Tory government are like caricatures of bad Tory government.
Living embodiment of travesty.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Well exactly JA

They accuse Corbyn of being a communist, then say all poor Brits should emulate workers in communist China

Beyond parody

Seriously, Cameron and Osborne will be utterly livid with Hunt.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Champagne tasting, luxury cushions and spa treatments: Inside the Conservative party conference
The tranquil scene inside the Tory party conference offers a stark contrast to boisterous anti-austerity marches going on oustide

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 79431.html
Not much one can say about this, is there.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Steve Bell......

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... are_btn_tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: :lol: :lol:
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Well exactly JA

They accuse Corbyn of being a communist, then say all poor Brits should emulate workers in communist China

Beyond parody

Seriously, Cameron and Osborne will be utterly livid with Hunt.
Of course they are. There's nothing constructive a Tory spinner can do to mitigate the damage done by Hunt's remark - it's an insulting slap without possible redemption. The blood rushes to the face hearing that from Hunt. He's inherited his wealth and he dares talk down to people who work for a living. A fascist dictatorship and a libertarian nightmare country without a functional health care system for the people. China and the USA. Work like people in those countries. I see. I'm going to find you hiding behind a tree, Hunt. I am.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Nobody does bat shit crazy quite like the Republican primaries.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 80806.html

Yep atheist crisps. That's where it's at.

Campaign to the base, then spend the general election trying to present yourself as a moderate before losing to the mainstream Democrat because you can't disown your statements in the primaries.

(Although La Clinton isn't a great candidate).
Release the Guardvarks.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Ooh, I don't know Ryan...maybe because they're coming from a cabinet member talking about millions of workers while the other is a few hotheads impacting on about half a dozen people?

:toss:

have you noticed that the frothing right seem far more interested about what's going on outside the conference than about what's going on inside?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

ids.jpg
ids.jpg (62.32 KiB) Viewed 5817 times
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Cameron's doing a "I don't accept that" with the "you didn't tell anyone where the spending cuts were coming from".

Twice.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Cameron on Newsnight ... denying they refused to set out where the 12bn of welfare cuts was going to come from before the election ... with Evan Davis pointing out they had two years to work it out in advance ... and that Cameron categorically stated he wouldn't cut child tax credits in the pre election question time ... and now just a few months after the election they are making cuts that predominantly affect low income working families with children.

Cameron doing a lot of plummy toned spluttering ... and slimy evading.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Ah snap Roger.

It's excruciating watching.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tory bid to axe Commons break for Lib-Dem conference
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics ... 83141.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A senior Conservative told the Standard ministers were questioning if it was worth halting debates for a party that has “just eight MPs”.

This year Parliament broke up for conferences on September 17 in time for the Lib-Dem gathering. But one proposal could see next year’s break pushed back to cover Labour, Tory and SNP conferences instead.

Former Lib-Dem minister Norman Lamb said: “It would be an act of outrageous vindictiveness, quite extraordinary from a party that we worked with in coalition...
Ah, diddums. You knew what they were like ... and you still got into bed with them and forced them on everyone else for 5 years. No sympathy.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Struck,not for the first time,and no doubt not the last;how incredibly stupid our supposed betters are.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

ohsocynical wrote:Steve Bell......

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... are_btn_tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Newsnight just ended with a montage of Osborne's constant reference to 'we are the builders', building, must build, etc., to the Bob The Builder theme-song, and with an animated Bob The Builder dancing on the podium in front of him :D :D :D :whip: :rock:

(It really amuses me that the whiplash emoticon looks as if it's whipping a suspended-emoticon. Perfect for references to Osborne... )
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

HindleA wrote:Struck,not for the first time,and no doubt not the last;how incredibly stupid our supposed betters are.
Sadly they aren't that stupid. They won in 2015 and are nailed on to win in 2020 with a huge majority, if you believe the polls.

They must be doing something right.
Release the Guardvarks.