Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th November 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th November 2015

Post by RogerOThornhill »

I noticed this on the TPA website about its chairman Andrew Allum
Outside of political life, Andrew has been the Chairman of Governors of St George’s Secondary School in Maida Vale for some years. His full time job is as a Partner at a leading strategy consulting firm.
Really?

Checking back through the Ofsted reports, it appears that the chairman of governors listed in both the 2015 and 2010 Ofsted reports is one Martin Morton. The 2007 report lists Andrew Allum as chair.

Maybe they meant "hasn't been chairman of governors for some years"?

In fact, if you look at the current list on the school website, he's not even a governor.

http://www.stgeorgesrc.org/about-us/governors/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

refitman wrote:@Temulkar - just want to say I'm enjoying The Last Roundhead immensely. About half way through and have reached that point where I really want to finish the book, to know what happened, but also want to string it out to make it last.
Seconded - I'm in the same position. 'Tis very good :D
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

Morning.

I've not been posting of late partly because I'm finding it harder to add a humorous slant to events and not wanting to descend into depression or wanton hatred of our 'elected' leaders. On the other hand perhaps I just don't have anything to say, which brings me on to HARDTalk this morning. Now I know nothing of Jonathan Franzen or his writing but found him repeating almost exactly what I myself have been thinking of the internet and social media, i.e. a megaphone for simplistic arguments and extreme views, or click bait as Stephen Sackur intimated, rather than a more in depth view or reasoned outlook.

So while I'm here, I'll just state that I am right and the world as portrayed by msm is completely wrong. Of course I am behaving myself and refraining from Caps Lock. I'll also add thanks to those who have recommended Tem's book for reminding me of it... and of course Tem for taking the trouble to write it. I don't tend to read novels mostly focusing on computing literature, or politics in recent years, albeit back to computerspeak again, which may explain my having nothing to say. That's why my lads aren't seriously into them; I put them off, not intentionally. Perhaps that's why I enjoyed being an OU tutor, being paid for talking about something that few wanted to hear and being appreciated for it, of course.
I'll poist this anyway as I've got to nip out, but have got more to say... when I'm back.

Edit: typos with no proof reading! Have I ever mentioned that one of the cats often wanders over my arms when I'm typing... when I'm nor working that is.
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

So where was I? Speedy recovery to those that need it and bloody hell, Toby, my own troubles pale into insignificance when hearing of yours... I'll add refugees and any others facing hunger or oppression too. But let's not go there. Regarding antibiotics, I cannot imagine them not working, like yahyah (?) I too have suffered a cat bite to the bone, not feral in my case, one of the pooches before she learned how to behave. Even after a course of antibiotics I suffered flare ups and achy bones and generally felt unwell in various organs for several months beyond. Perhaps I should have gone back to the docs.

Interesting comment from seeingclearly (?) regarding Cromwell and British history as portrayed in the Commonwealth compared to here. But coming back to the general topic of this forum in today's world, I never cease to be amazed by the actions of our Tory government and the brazen cheek of it all. Quite how they get away with it is beyond me... and they're the ones who spout, "Unconstitutional", whilst they discount the nation's wealth to their buddies in exchange for who knows what. Again I tread on dangerous ground if I wish to remain in good humour.

'And on that note I'll just add that I saw Bill Bailey on bonfire night and a good laugh was had by all (who were there). Mind you even he couldn't get far before expressing his disgust with Sweineficker (I don't think that was quite how he put it but I don't want to offend anyone with the name he used), Osborne and IDS. He also had it in for the Mail. Strange that nobody present reads it though.
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.