Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th December 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th December 2015

Post by citizenJA »

The chocolate rolls have arrived!
:rock:
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

citizenJA wrote:The chocolate rolls have arrived!
We'd better scoff them before the gales blow them away.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

yahyah wrote:
RobertSnozers wrote:Hear hear

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/it ... lf-6955689" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Though the sub-editor needs a good talking to)

What are shadow cabinet members doing texting journos from inside meetings? It seems that at least one is using the 'honour' to do a Jim Murphy and share divisive anti-leadership stories with the press. It was an appalling way to behave under Ed Miliband and it remains so. I can actually see why there are calls from some quarters to deselect some of the current PLP, if this is what they use their privileges as elected members and shadow ministers to do.
Corbyn's in a difficult position, anything he does will be presented as evidence of his Stalinism.

But there surely is a case for insisting mobile phones, ipads etc are kept out of the way during meetings.

How can trust be fostered, and full attention given, if someone's texting or tweeting ?
'Please share your thoughts with the entire assembly.'
Puts a stop to distracted members in a group.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

yahyah wrote:
citizenJA wrote:The chocolate rolls have arrived!
We'd better scoff them before the gales blow them away.
Would you care for tea, coffee or hot cocoa with your sweet, dear heart?
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

yahyah wrote:
RobertSnozers wrote:Hear hear

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/it ... lf-6955689" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Though the sub-editor needs a good talking to)

What are shadow cabinet members doing texting journos from inside meetings? It seems that at least one is using the 'honour' to do a Jim Murphy and share divisive anti-leadership stories with the press. It was an appalling way to behave under Ed Miliband and it remains so. I can actually see why there are calls from some quarters to deselect some of the current PLP, if this is what they use their privileges as elected members and shadow ministers to do.

Corbyn's in a difficult position, anything he does will be presented as evidence of his Stalinism.

But there surely is a case for insisting mobile phones, ipads etc are kept out of the way during meetings.

How can trust be fostered, and full attention given, if someone's texting or tweeting ?

The buggers should all turn their phones off when they are in a meeting.And I have no idea why somebody doesn't tell them to.
I would.
Also,today I bought a christmas tree.It is TOO BIG.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

I'll have all three please, with a splash of Marmite, in honour of our lovely Lady Centauria's eclectic tastes.

Off now to do some cooking for later, just in case the power lines go down.
It's getting very windy.
55DegreesNorth
Minister of State

Post by 55DegreesNorth »

The A66 in both directions between the junctions of the A67 near Bowes in County Durham and the A685 at Brough in Cumbria. Customers seeking to use the A66 joining from either the A1 at Scotch Corner or from the M6 J40 at Penrith are reminded that the A69 and M62 Trans-Pennine routes remain open to all traffic at this time.
*sigh*

Edited to add: from the Highways Agency website.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

My objection to Stop The War isn't so much that they lobby Labour MPs, but that they're Assad and Putin apologists. And of course that everything the sectarian left do goes wrong.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Tom Newton Dunn ‏@tnewtondunn 26s26 seconds ago
Cameron thinking about postponing Heathrow decision until he leaves No10, @JGForsyth reveals today. Truly weak.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/su ... throw.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Morning.

Bottling it then. Makes me wonder when he's planning to leave No10 ... it's going to be a very delayed decision on a third runway if he's staying on for 3 or 4 years.
It's the sort of thing that if it were in East London would have been waved through quickly.

My objection to it is of further distorting the balance between the UK regions. If that can be overcome, I'm OK with it.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Karl Turner MP ‏@KarlTurnerMP 3m3 minutes ago
#Tory MP allegedly fakes death threat email on Syria? http://evolvepolitics.com/tory-mp-shoul ... nstituent/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Working on the wild side.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Karl Turner MP ‏@KarlTurnerMP 3m3 minutes ago
#Tory MP allegedly fakes death threat email on Syria? http://evolvepolitics.com/tory-mp-shoul ... nstituent/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …

Just been reading that funnily enough.
ScreenShot01207.jpg
ScreenShot01207.jpg (124 KiB) Viewed 7611 times
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

The Mail have it too http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... email.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Ms Allan was elected by a majority of 730, receiving 16,094 votes

Let's have her resign and force a by-election. http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2015 ... jr-07-jpg/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ScreenShot01208.jpg
ScreenShot01208.jpg (98.27 KiB) Viewed 7603 times
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Another self publicist seemingly ready to do whatever they have to it seems.

When the Tories start going into a tail spin, they usually go deep.
Sleaze, lies, scandal, corruption has done for them before.
Don't actuaries base balance of probability on past behaviour ?
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Another one of her ilk, the female Tory MP who ended her tearful plea for bombing in the House by loudly announcing that it would 'make Twickenham safer'.
Calculated, one wonders, for a headline in her local paper.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at her apparently cynical behaviour.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

& it makes a change from the 'constituents bullying Labour MPs' headlines.
Tory MP bullies constituent.
Was she involved with RoadTrip2015 by any chance ?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

COT...

Just back from visiting Mr Ohso...He has done exceptionally well. Doc says he'll need two monthly checks as he's had C in two places. I think the bladder one is the one they'll be keeping a close eye on...Anyway, Mr Ohso is a lot happier in his mind than when he went in.
The superglue [Superglue! Amazing isn't it.] has done its job and he hasn't sprung any leaks, his plumbing's working, and he's been walking about and will do the stairs later today.

Home tomorrow!
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Meanwhile, the Rochdale cowboy was on television earlier informing the nation that he has contacted the police over an alleged death threat http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35016349" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ScreenShot01211.jpg
ScreenShot01211.jpg (40.38 KiB) Viewed 7533 times
ScreenShot01213.jpg
ScreenShot01213.jpg (69.66 KiB) Viewed 7533 times
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Hope they didn't use a tube of Bostik from Homebase for that OhSo.

Glad to hear he's perkier in spirit. That can count for a lot when in recovery.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Oh lordy, Danczuk can't bear to be out of the press & TV can he ?

Who are these people, if real, who are such pacifists that they want to kill people ?
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

It's hard being a cowboy in Rochdale [youtube]cey_4r-ILxs[/youtube]
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

ohsocynical wrote:COT...

Just back from visiting Mr Ohso...He has done exceptionally well. Doc says he'll need two monthly checks as he's had C in two places. I think the bladder one is the one they'll be keeping a close eye on...Anyway, Mr Ohso is a lot happier in his mind than when he went in.
The superglue [Superglue! Amazing isn't it.] has done its job and he hasn't sprung any leaks, his plumbing's working, and he's been walking about and will do the stairs later today.

Home tomorrow!
I think getting him to clean the stairs is a bit much.

(Glad he's doing ok and feeling better. He'll be blacking the grates in no time!)
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Will Stevens ‏@teletextpage152 19m19 minutes ago
Simon Danczuk speaks of 'distress' over not having been in the news for a couple of days

:clap:
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

ohsocynical wrote:COT...

Home tomorrow!

That's great to hear.
But how do the surgeons do the superglueing without getting a bit stuck?Tricky.
I have a couple of books you might like to read,but the pm with your address is on the old site,wonder if you could re-send it.(if you want the books that is).
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Just reading about the latest British strikes on ISIS controlled oil fields and was wondering about the environmental implications of setting light to, presumably a lot of, oil.

Found a piece when searching for info on it:
A former CIA director says concerns about environmental impact have prevented the White House from bombing oil wells that finance the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS).

“We didn’t go after oil wells, actually hitting oil wells that ISIS controls, because we didn’t want to do environmental damage.....”
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... -oil-wells" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

yahyah wrote:Hope they didn't use a tube of Bostik from Homebase for that OhSo.

Glad to hear he's perkier in spirit. That can count for a lot when in recovery.
I pictured the superglue getting on the instruments and Mr Ohso having to walk around with permanent forceps :lol: :lol: :lol:
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Peter Jukes
‏@peterjukes
Why is @KulveerRanger - former Conservative Vice Chair and #RoadTriip organiser deleting his tweets as we speak? https://web.archive.org/web/20150801004 ... veerRanger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Peter Jukes ‏@peterjukes 19m19 minutes ago
Why is @KulveerRanger deleting his Tweets to @MrHarryCole? And what's this about Dan Hodges and the Westminster Wolverines Cricket Team?

I understand the former, but have no idea about the latter.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

yahyah wrote:Peter Jukes ‏@peterjukes 19m19 minutes ago
Why is @KulveerRanger deleting his Tweets to @MrHarryCole? And what's this about Dan Hodges and the Westminster Wolverines Cricket Team?

I think I must be overwrought. That's just conjured up a mental image of Twitter running red hot in the race to take screen shots before they're gone.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

yahyah wrote:Peter Jukes ‏@peterjukes 19m19 minutes ago

Try this. https://www.byline.com/project/30/article/645" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

At the bottom.

Byline can now reveal there have been multiple allegations that Cole, Abbott and Clarke were attending an annual cricket match as Freemasons associated with Phoenix Lodge (number 173) a University Affiliated Lodge.
Byline wrote to Cole at his Sun newspaper email address on Wednesday asking to comment on these allegations, and asking whether his coverage of the activities of his colleagues was appropriate in the circumstances. Cole has regularly written about his YBF colleagues on the Guido Fawkes blog, the Spectator and the Sun without declaring an interest.

Cole has not responded to our request to correct or comment.

Read more at:https://www.byline.com/project/30/article/

Or

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

I feel terribly sorry for all the people whose homes have been flooded over the weekend.
They will never get dried out before Christmas,I hope they all have somewhere to go.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

chocks away ‏@planeondaroof 47 mins47 minutes ago

1/2 Andy Burnham on BBC's Victoria Derbyshire programme warns social media was "in danger of poisoning our politics"
Think I'd differ here. Politicians have poisoned politics. Social media has raised awareness...
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

yahyah wrote:Peter Jukes
‏@peterjukes
Why is @KulveerRanger - former Conservative Vice Chair and #RoadTriip organiser deleting his tweets as we speak? https://web.archive.org/web/20150801004 ... veerRanger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Ranger was Boris's transport adviser at City Hall...oh, and such a surprise to see him associated with Policy Exchange. :roll:
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
TR'sGhost
Minister of State

Post by TR'sGhost »

ohsocynical wrote:
Wokingham Borough Council gazumps couple trying to buy first home

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/readin ... e-10550939
This doesn't bode well for the future.
The Housing Act 2005 requires someone who has bought a house under "right to buy" to give the council first refusal if the purchaser sells or otherwise seeks to dispose of the property within ten years of the right to buy sale, apart from a few exemptions, such a passing the property to relatives or as a bequest in a will. The council can only buy the property back at "full market value".

There's a plain English explanation here - http://www.welhat-cht.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=5345" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The vendors in the article should have offered the council first refusal as soon as they decided to sell and broke the law if they didn't. If someone tries to buy the property in question without offering right of first refusal the Land Registry won't recognise the sale.

Whatever happens, the person selling their ex-council house stands to gain. They bought it cut-price for a hefty discount and can then sell it on for a profit whether the council buys it back at full-price or someone else buys it.

It's a perverse mess - council sells property at cut price, later decides to buy it back at full price to try and increase available housing stock to help meet their statutory duty towards the homeless etc. or increase supply of social-rent housing. Then in a few years time the new tenant buys it at a discount and the whole process starts again. And all the while ensuring that the cost of housing isn't subjected to deflationary pressure.

And now housing association property stocks will be subjected to the same nonsense.
I'm getting tired of calming down....
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

TR'sGhost wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
Wokingham Borough Council gazumps couple trying to buy first home

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/readin ... e-10550939
This doesn't bode well for the future.
The Housing Act 2005 requires someone who has bought a house under "right to buy" to give the council first refusal if the purchaser sells or otherwise seeks to dispose of the property within ten years of the right to buy sale, apart from a few exemptions, such a passing the property to relatives or as a bequest in a will. The council can only buy the property back at "full market value".

There's a plain English explanation here - http://www.welhat-cht.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=5345" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The vendors in the article should have offered the council first refusal as soon as they decided to sell and broke the law if they didn't. If someone tries to buy the property in question without offering right of first refusal the Land Registry won't recognise the sale.

Whatever happens, the person selling their ex-council house stands to gain. They bought it cut-price for a hefty discount and can then sell it on for a profit whether the council buys it back at full-price or someone else buys it.

It's a perverse mess - council sells property at cut price, later decides to buy it back at full price to try and increase available housing stock to help meet their statutory duty towards the homeless etc. or increase supply of social-rent housing. Then in a few years time the new tenant buys it at a discount and the whole process starts again. And all the while ensuring that the cost of housing isn't subjected to deflationary pressure.

And now housing association property stocks will be subjected to the same nonsense.
Mad, isn't it? This is a huge sum of taxpayer's money, yet the right to buyers are never viewed as 'scroungers' are they? And yet they can walk away with tens of thousands of pounds burning a hole in their pocket. Meanwhile someone who claims thousands in housing benefit to pay rent on a pokey flat, of which they never see a penny themselves, are apparently 'coining it in'. Sometimes it just really astounds me how anyone ever falls for this right wing rubbish. There's zero logic to it.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
TR'sGhost
Minister of State

Post by TR'sGhost »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
TobyLatimer wrote:Off topic, I had a sigh when i read this. Money no object & running out of things to spend it on. I would want Ringo included at that price.
Ooh no. You know the old joke, Ringo was not even the best drummer in the Beatles!!
But he was the right drummer for the Beatles and he coped with whatever was thrown at him.

In an interview for one of the various Beatles documentaries Ringo said the reason the Beatles gave up gigging was that the noise from the audience was so loud he couldn't hear himself much or the rest of the band at all. The only way he had a clue where they were in any song was by watching whoever was singing, getting the time from their tapping foot and counting off the bars hoping for the best. Playing fills was impossible.

In the end they all just got fed up and demoralised because what used to be the best part of the job was now the stress-generating worst, so they decided to stop touring before they got to the point of wanting to kill each other.

On the positive side, the result of not worrying any more about how they'd play songs live was Sgt. Pepper.
I'm getting tired of calming down....
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Red tape and lack of support pushing thousands from self-employment
Report says confusion over tax status and lack of help with practical aspects hampering dreams of 40% of workforce that would like to start own businesses

http://www.theguardian.com/business/201 ... employment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
... Earnings are also falling for the self-employed. Since 2008, the average has fallen from £233 to £207 per week, compared with regular employees where median income has risen from £388 to £425 per week. On average it takes three years for a business to develop before a self-employed person earns the equivalent of the national minimum wage...
As the article goes on to say ... Universal Credit is going to knock many of these self employed sideways - if not out cold. The assumption will be that they are earning the equivalent of a full time minimum wage when for many the actual will be well below that.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Letters: Iain Duncan Smith Made My Life ‘Not Worth Living’
http://www.welfareweekly.com/letters-ia ... +Weekly%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Even the BBC has put inverted commas around the 'distress' that Simon Danczuk says he feels at the alleged death threat.
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Even the BBC has put inverted commas around the 'distress' that Simon Danczuk says he feels at the alleged death threat.
Maybe if he shut his gob for 5 minutes he wouldn't be getting death threats?
Perhaps somebody simply couldn't stand it another minute.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... in-cruelty" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Corbyn’s ‘new politics’ means the self-righteous left wallows in its cruelty
Nick Cohen
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://qz.com/566702/finland-plans-to-g ... s-a-month/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Finland plans to give every citizen a basic income of 800 euros a month
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

HindleA wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... in-cruelty

Corbyn’s ‘new politics’ means the self-righteous left wallows in its cruelty
Nick Cohen
Clickbait.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Cohen is just going to recycle the same article for the next few years, then?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Has Dave announced that "money will be no object" for the residents of Cumbria yet, or is that just reserved for the leafy suburbs of Surrey ?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

TobyLatimer wrote:Has Dave announced that "money will be no object" for the residents of Cumbria yet, or is that just reserved for the leafy suburbs of Surrey ?
He'll wait until the flooding up north reaches somewhere he considers of strategic significance ... and then declare it a national emergency that only he can fix with one of his magick solutions.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

The areas worst hit by flooding (so far anyway) do not appear to be in Tory held constituencies. So.......
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

I'm not sure that the last lot of flooded unfortunates are fully sorted out yet, despite all the magnanimous gestures and promises (not to mention the photo' opportunities). We don't hear anything about it any more - and I'm sure that if it had been a total triumph we'd be hearing about it still.