Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th December 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th December 2015

Post by ohsocynical »

http://aanirfan.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/ ... -isis.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd like a little less limelight on Corbyn and more on issues like this.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Just on a narrow pedantic point - Kevan Jones is a shadow minister, he is not in the shadow *cabinet*.

Think I disagree with yahyah, tbh. Let them carry on whining, if they are unwilling to go public they are cowards (and yes, many of them are) and even the MSM will eventually get bored. Even if Jez only continues to (say) 2017, that is enough time for him to conduct a reshuffle - and bring in younger, fresher types - and I expect he will.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Owen Smith ‏@OwenSmith_MP 12m12 minutes ago
A FT working mum on min wage will be £2400 worse off under changes to Universal Credit next April. But IDS says 'no one loses a penny' #Marr

Owen Smith ‏@OwenSmith_MP 10m10 minutes ago
That same full time working mother will be £3000 worse off next year than her equivalent, perhaps her neighbour, still on Tax Credits. Fair?
Morning. Meanwhile ... some MPs such as Owen Smith are getting on with their jobs. How welcome that is. I'm pleased with the way he's performing and has conducted himself so far.
Working on the wild side.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Rebecca wrote: Some of these MPs seem to have completely forgotten why Corbyn is the leader of the opposition,and,in fact,why Labour are the opposition.
Labour lost the last two elections.Badly in 2015.Members of the previous frontbenches need to accept a little responsibility,not just allow all the blame to land on Ed.
Really,some of them were pretty rubbish.
And that's why Corbyn was voted leader with such a huge mandate.
How on earth do the MPs who are whining ,and plotting ,and disrespecting the outcome of the leadership election expect things to stay as they were?They failed,badly.
How can they complain that Corbyn will be unelectable,which they cannot know,without admitting that they WERE unelectable.Twice.In a row.
Also,I have little sympathy for those who voted to bomb Syria,absolutely knowing that civilians will be killed by our bombs,crying themselves to sleep because of a few nasty emails or tweets.They need to suck it up,and feel lucky that they won't be cowering in their homes under bomb attack and watching their family die.
Of course,internet threats of violence are not pleasant,but seriously,ask any nurse,health visitor,social worker or police officer if they haven't been threatened in person.
I certainly was,including verbal death threats in a child abuse case.Everybody just got on with their jobs.
Very well said.

On the last point, I'm sure MPs of all parties have regularly been on the receiving end of anonymous letters with death threats, for as long as we've had MPs. It's just that the internet means they're public now.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Each departure casts doubt on the viability of a coalition of the left.
In taxonomic terms lumpers and splitters. The right, each focused on personal benefit essentially have a common goal and so can lump together and win; the left focused on the greater good cannot agree on what that is so split and fail.
We need to stop focusing on differences for a bit and explore overlap.

(In my view obv :shock: )
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Have now looked at McDonnell's piece in the Observer. Have my differences, but how anybody could call it "off the wall" rather escapes me.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

I know there's probably not that many people who care anymore ... but I had been wondering how Farron and his five MPs were getting off so lightly given the Lib Dems previous anti war stance. I say six MPs because two Lib Dem MPs actually voted against.
Syria air strikes: Lib Dem activists may quit after Tim Farron backs RAF attacks
Exclusive: Many activists joined the party because of the late Charles Kennedy’s opposition to the Iraq war in 2003

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 61846.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There have been quite a few comments at LDV remarking on how strange and flawed it was for Farron to let Clegg - of all people - announce the party position was to back airstrikes on Syria.

Edited because I see that two rather than one of the Lib Dem MPs voted against.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

gilsey wrote:
Rebecca wrote: Some of these MPs seem to have completely forgotten why Corbyn is the leader of the opposition,and,in fact,why Labour are the opposition.
Labour lost the last two elections.Badly in 2015.Members of the previous frontbenches need to accept a little responsibility,not just allow all the blame to land on Ed.
Really,some of them were pretty rubbish.
And that's why Corbyn was voted leader with such a huge mandate.
How on earth do the MPs who are whining ,and plotting ,and disrespecting the outcome of the leadership election expect things to stay as they were?They failed,badly.
How can they complain that Corbyn will be unelectable,which they cannot know,without admitting that they WERE unelectable.Twice.In a row.
Also,I have little sympathy for those who voted to bomb Syria,absolutely knowing that civilians will be killed by our bombs,crying themselves to sleep because of a few nasty emails or tweets.They need to suck it up,and feel lucky that they won't be cowering in their homes under bomb attack and watching their family die.
Of course,internet threats of violence are not pleasant,but seriously,ask any nurse,health visitor,social worker or police officer if they haven't been threatened in person.
I certainly was,including verbal death threats in a child abuse case.Everybody just got on with their jobs.
Very well said.

On the last point, I'm sure MPs of all parties have regularly been on the receiving end of anonymous letters with death threats, for as long as we've had MPs. It's just that the internet means they're public now.

That jogged my memory. A few weeks ago, according to statistics for my area, I read that death threats rocketed way out of proportion to all other crimes...

It wasn't me...Honest. :roll:
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

rebeccariots2 wrote:I know there's probably not that many people who care anymore ... but I had been wondering how Farron and his five MPs were getting off so lightly given the Lib Dems previous anti war stance. I say six MPs because two Lib Dem MPs actually voted against.
Syria air strikes: Lib Dem activists may quit after Tim Farron backs RAF attacks
Exclusive: Many activists joined the party because of the late Charles Kennedy’s opposition to the Iraq war in 2003

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 61846.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There have been quite a few comments at LDV remarking on how strange and flawed it was for Farron to let Clegg - of all people - announce the party position was to back airstrikes on Syria.

I agree. The LibDems should be kept in the limelight and held to account. After all, 6 parliamentary seats are 6 parliamentary seats . . . . . (Or 5 seats, if you prefer.)

Edited to add

Or 3 seats, even . . . . .

Edited again

SIMPLE ARITHMETIC MALFUNCTION ALERT! 4 seats, even . . .
Last edited by PorFavor on Sun 06 Dec, 2015 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

RobertSnozers wrote:
yahyah wrote:
ohsocynical wrote: Oldham hasn't quieted Whatever They're Called, and now gasp, gasp, they're wondering if they are going to lose their places in the shadow cabinet.

Just for a minute lets forget they're MPs. Lets imagine they work for a large company. The company hires a new boss. Some of those under him don't like him much. They think they, or one of their circle should have got the job. From the day he's hired they start a whispering campaign, and then begin to openly show they don't agree with management's choice: they go to the press; the bad publicity starts to turn customers off.

What would you do?
It's remarkable that someone like Kevan Jones, openly squawking to the press that Corbyn is 'incompetent' is still in the Shadow Cabinet.
He should be out for using words like that, rather than being measured and calm in his criticism of the elected leader.

Let them cry Stalinist purge.
If it was a company scenario the large shareholder groups would call for, and senior management would 'purge' publicly troublesome stirrers for the sake of the business.
The behaviour of MPs is astonishing. I've worked for a number of organisations where the Chief Exec changed after I joined, or I got a new boss, or in one case someone was promoted over my head. I either left or I worked with it. If I'd thrown my toys out the pram and made life as difficult as possible for the new boss I could hardly complain at being warned, then disciplined, then sacked if I continued.

To quote Malcolm Tucker, 'Come the **** in, or **** the **** off.'
On the other hand, I would be loathe to lose people with good experience and skills because of office politics issues. A more subtle approach may be called for. I find that if you make an effort to ask what things someone is unhappy with and make an effort to address them, one of two things will happen - they'll be happy and you have no more problem or they have no more excuses and have to accept that their own attitude is the problem, not yours. Letting Benn go his own way on the Syria vote in order to hang onto him may prove worthwhile if he and Corbyn are in tune on the topic of EU membership which is soon going to become the big issue of UK politics. People are currently praising Benn - if he's presenting Corbyn's line when it comes to the EU.....
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Interesting comment BTL on that Indy story about the Lib Dem activist anger about their MPs voting to bomb Syria.
I worked at Lib Dem HQ when Charles Kennedy was leader, but returning to Lib Dem meetings a few years ago, I realised the party had changed beyond all recognition. My friend who was a Lib Dem Councillor and Deputy Head of our city's council has also left. People who are disillusioned should join Momentum because, contrary to the nonsense that's talked about it in the press, they will probably feel at home there. They certainly would in my local one. We are actually a broad range of left leaning people and certainly not a rabble.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

steve richards
‏@steverichards14

Today's column on the sudden rise of Hilary Benn:

http://www.totalpolitics.com/opinion/45 ... saga.thtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Elizabeth Truss ‏@trussliz 5m5 minutes ago
I will chair a Cobr meeting this morning, to ensure response to floods remains coordinated, effective & quickly gets help to those affected
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Owen Smith ‏@OwenSmith_MP 12m12 minutes ago
A FT working mum on min wage will be £2400 worse off under changes to Universal Credit next April. But IDS says 'no one loses a penny' #Marr

Owen Smith ‏@OwenSmith_MP 10m10 minutes ago
That same full time working mother will be £3000 worse off next year than her equivalent, perhaps her neighbour, still on Tax Credits. Fair?
Morning. Meanwhile ... some MPs such as Owen Smith are getting on with their jobs. How welcome that is. I'm pleased with the way he's performing and has conducted himself so far.
I read a shocking report of the situation in Ashton-under-Lyne, iics, about UC,I am sorry I have lost the link, from someone who been following things there. The system intermittently fails, did so again very recently, and the JC workers had no idea what claimants should do and were not advising on emergency payments either. Claimants said to be angry and worried about having no money. Again, iirc, they and the author had tried phoning the DHS number they were given but no answer was obtainable as they could not get through. Not an old story, read it last night.

Couldn't bring myself to watch IDS, my typing finger is already undercheavy restraint.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
I will chair a Cobr meeting this morning, to ensure response to floods remains coordinated, effective & quickly gets help to those affected
I note that she's omitted the "A" from Cobra (which might be because, as we've been told, the meetings no longer take place in Committee Room A). However, does this mean that she's going to spend most of the day wandering around looking for a venue?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

PorFavor wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
I note that she's omitted the "A" from Cobra (which might be because, as we've been told, the meetings no longer take place in Committee Room A). However, does this mean that she's going to spend most of the day wandering around looking for a venue?
Given the extent of the cuts in Defra perhaps there aren't going to be very many at the meeting.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Meet Marr-garet
CViQEhJW4AARw4I.jpg
CViQEhJW4AARw4I.jpg (72.5 KiB) Viewed 6195 times
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Willow904 wrote:
RobertSnozers wrote:
yahyah wrote: It's remarkable that someone like Kevan Jones, openly squawking to the press that Corbyn is 'incompetent' is still in the Shadow Cabinet.
He should be out for using words like that, rather than being measured and calm in his criticism of the elected leader.

Let them cry Stalinist purge.
If it was a company scenario the large shareholder groups would call for, and senior management would 'purge' publicly troublesome stirrers for the sake of the business.
The behaviour of MPs is astonishing. I've worked for a number of organisations where the Chief Exec changed after I joined, or I got a new boss, or in one case someone was promoted over my head. I either left or I worked with it. If I'd thrown my toys out the pram and made life as difficult as possible for the new boss I could hardly complain at being warned, then disciplined, then sacked if I continued.

On the other hand, I would be loathe to lose people with good experience and skills because of office politics issues. A more subtle approach may be called for. I find that if you make an effort to ask what things someone is unhappy with and make an effort to address them, one of two things will happen - they'll be happy and you have no more problem or they have no more excuses and have to accept that their own attitude is the problem, not yours. Letting Benn go his own way on the Syria vote in order to hang onto him may prove worthwhile if he and Corbyn are in tune on the topic of EU membership which is soon going to become the big issue of UK politics. People are currently praising Benn - if he's presenting Corbyn's line when it comes to the EU.....
You might be right. Politics is an amalgum of knives, action, inaction, and back scratching. Corbyn has been an MP for an awful long time. He must know every trick in the book even if he never had a position of power before. He might be trying it his way at first, but no doubt if all else fails will have a crack down. He has to have people he can work with. Coming from different sides is essential for a broadchurch party, but at the end of the day they must be able to work together. And must put us - country - above self.

He is a pacifist. Lives by his beliefs, but I seem to remember reading recently that he has had - to their suprise - a quiet word in one or two ears, although I fear a quiet gentlemanly word won't be enough for some of the Whatever They're Called. Danzuk is one.
He's also proved himself conciliatory when faced with an event that goes against the grain. eg: Paying 'homage' to the Queen.

I'm wondering if Hilary Benn is his blind spot. Corbyn truly admired Benn and according to the article I linked to above, was greatly influenced by him. Perhaps he thought the son would be an echo of his father which doesn't seem to be the case.
Hilary, finally coming out from under dad's shadow and laying his own path even if it means taking an opposite view, makes sense to me.

I can't help feeling that suddenly the brakes are well and truly off in Westminster and its environs. Since 2010 when the Tories got their hands on the tiller we've seen a massive erosion of decency and honesty that's become blatant. And it's spread like a virus.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

TobyLatimer wrote:Meet Marr-garet
CViQEhJW4AARw4I.jpg

I saw a bit of the Andrew Marr programme. Tristram Hunt seemed extremely detached and strangely unanimated.

Late night last night?

Andrew Marr was his usual self.

I never see anything of Jackie Ashley, these days (although I can't say I've actively been looking).
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Glad to see the Guardian has finally corrected the glaring error in its headline story.

'Strom' Desmond - really? Someone didn't spot that - really?
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

PorFavor wrote:
CViQEhJW4AARw4I.jpg

I saw a bit of the Andrew Marr programme. Tristram Hunt seemed extremely detached and strangely unanimated.

Late night last night?

Andrew Marr was his usual self.

I never see anything of Jackie Ashley, these days (although I can't say I've actively been looking).

I deliberately avoided Marr today for the first time in ages, I couldn't bear the thought of hearing IDS waffle on with his usual bullcrap.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

PAC session on the non progress of UC tomorrow.I believe they have timetabled such sessions until 2045.

http://www.parliament.uk/business/commi ... nce-15-16/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

IDS doesn't appear
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

yahyah wrote:@ Technical Ephemera ''mouth breathing activists''

What's with the insult to Labour people with blocked noses TE ?

Is it the anti-Corbyn brigade's slightly more PC version of the right wing troll's 'window lickers', or am I missing something ?
I was trying to find a polite term for the sort of people who send death threats to MPs, mail pictures of dead kids to MPs and make comments after Paris saying that the French had it coming.

What would you prefer to call them? My first preference was ruled out on term of decency.

Plus there is a big difference in describing people who would put Dianne Abbott in post as Shadow Foreign Secretary as bonkers versus commenting on the mental state of an MP (actually in Kens case two MPs).
Release the Guardvarks.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

'It was like a scene from The Sopranos': Tatler Tory's sick taunting of suicide victim in terrifying ambush of tragic activists friends while aided by two henchmen
Disgraced 'Tatler Tory' Mark Clarke mocked suicide victim Elliott Johnson
Clarke, aided by two burly henchmen, cornered another Tory campaigner
They tried to strongarm Patrick Sullivan into withdrawing bullying claims

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... chmen.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thought I was beyond shock over Tory behaviour ... if this is true, not so, I am shocked. Just how far beyond the pale and the reach of normal accountability and decency do you have to feel to behave in such a way as described here?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Karl Turner MP ‏@KarlTurnerMP 12m12 minutes ago
.@OwenSmith_MP is, as always, very impressive on #BBCSP. No wonder #Tories are windy of him.
Never heard 'windy' used like that before. Had a horrible vision of lots of nervously farting Tories scarpering as he approaches.

Keep up the good work Smithy.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

rebeccariots2 wrote:I know there's probably not that many people who care anymore ... but I had been wondering how Farron and his five MPs were getting off so lightly given the Lib Dems previous anti war stance. I say six MPs because two Lib Dem MPs actually voted against.

Don't forget, most LibDem MPs voted *for* military action in Syria two years ago. One of the minority who didn't was, of course, Tim Farron.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

RobertSnozers wrote:
Willow904 wrote:
RobertSnozers wrote: The behaviour of MPs is astonishing. I've worked for a number of organisations where the Chief Exec changed after I joined, or I got a new boss, or in one case someone was promoted over my head. I either left or I worked with it. If I'd thrown my toys out the pram and made life as difficult as possible for the new boss I could hardly complain at being warned, then disciplined, then sacked if I continued.

I am coming round to the view that if Benn feels he can stay, he should. He's not the problem - it's the cowards giving unattributable briefings and snide remarks to the press.
Problem is that is now coming from both sides, the statements from inside the Corbyn camp published today are stunning, not least because these people are nominally in charge. What I find equally fascinating about this is nowhere do any of their comments consider how they might actually win an election. Talk of broad based mass movements is student politics (after everybody has had their third pint).

This is about breakdown in trust, Corbyn's people getting angry with the whips office because they wouldn't whip the party on a free vote. Corbyn declares he is against bullying, intimidation and deselection, yet his team use STW to do just that, and Corbyn rewards them by going to a fundraiser. Today one of his team is briefing they plan to replace the shadow cabinet and whips office and to deselect large numbers of MPs. Some like Chukka and Creasy are already fighting deselection campaigns against them.

Given Corbyn's team plan to shrink Labour to a left wing combination of CND and STW with a bit of TUSC how are they going to put together a left wing mass movement that can win an election in say Swindon.

The Blairites are equally guilty here, but the Shadow Cabinet didn't snap until Corbyn pissed all over them mid way through the two day Syria meeting.

Incidentally I am mystified by the Corbyn team briefing about his health, I have seen nothing in the press about this. The only people claiming Corbyn was planning to stand down I have seen is AK here and a few people still grasping to a comfort blanket that reality will force rationality prior to 2020. Nobody mentions his health (until now of course).
Release the Guardvarks.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Oakshott, Anagram and Janan Ganesh on Sunday Politics discussing Labour. Hmm, balance...
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

refitman wrote:Oakshott, Anagram and Janan Ganesh on Sunday Politics discussing Labour. Hmm, balance...
A certain Graun hack, I presume? :)

I see that Tristram (mentioned above) has loyally taken the Murdoch shilling, btw.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
refitman wrote:Oakshott, Anagram and Janan Ganesh on Sunday Politics discussing Labour. Hmm, balance...
A certain Graun hack, I presume? :)

I see that Tristram (mentioned above) has loyally taken the Murdoch shilling, btw.
Personally, I don't mind politicians writing one-off columns for 'opposing' newspapers. It gives them the opportunity to try to get the message across to people that might not normally get it. It's when they write weekly columns, that aren't advocating their party's position, that I start to get irritated.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Fair comment, but 1) there is a bit of a stigma attached to writing for Rupe, IMO rightly so and 2) we all suspect the sort of stuff Tris is going to produce, don't we?

(will be happy if I am proved wrong on the second point, at least)
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Off topic, but following an excellent link Ephie gave me, I've just been checking it again.
Someone mentioned Quorn for a low fibre food. I thought it would be too high, but this is what i've just read.

Quorn: quantities allowed
per day:-
1 x Quorn sausage
Or 50g Quorn pieces
Or 50g Quorn mince
Or 5 x Quorn meatballs

So there you go. Something else it's useful to know
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

ohsocynical wrote:http://aanirfan.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/ ... -isis.html

Be careful with that site OhSo.

Some of their article postings are Extra Big Tin Foil Hat, with stuff about Britney Spears being controlled by the CIA and sickening helpings of anti-Jewish stuff regarding child abuse etc.
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

yahyah wrote:

Some of their article postings are Extra Big Tin Foil Hat, with stuff about Britney Spears being controlled by the CIA and sickening helpings of anti-Jewish stuff regarding child abuse etc.
You mean Britney Spears ISN'T being controlled by the CIA?
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

Londoners' response to the tube attack.Trending on twitter 'YouAintNoMuslimBruv'.
Bravo London.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Mark Williams, to his credit, voted against.
There was a candlelit anti-bombing vigil outside his office in Aberystwyth the night of the vote.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

CViQEhJW4AARw4I.jpg
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Rebecca wrote:
yahyah wrote:

Na, it's Kim Kardassian's every increasingly large silicone arse the CIA control.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

The SunVerified account
‏@TheSun
Sun investigator manages to smuggle himself to Paris without a passport http://thesun.uk/6016BTKW6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As it is panto season ''Oh no he didn't''

Peter Jukes Retweeted
Jon ‏@thejonford 2h2 hours ago
Croatia debunks The Sun's article by releasing a full uncensored scan of journalist's scanned passport.
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

yahyah wrote:
Rebecca wrote:
yahyah wrote:

Na, it's Kim Kardassian's every increasingly large silicone arse the CIA control.

When I lived in France I saw silicone bum pad things for sale.To stick in knickers thus increasing the size of your bum.
Some guys(and or women)would be in for a nasty shock once the clothes start coming off!
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

I am being bullied.
My daughter has just told me,twice,that she wishes I would pass on.Ok,dear,said I.
'I mean die!'she told me,just in case I am too thick to understand the pass on thing.
Should I call the police?
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

How did the police know the Leytonstone attacker wasn't suffering from a paranoid psychosis, like the man who attacked a Lib Dem MP with a machete and killed his aide ?

Wasn't it premature to call it a terrorist attack just because he called out about Syria ?
That could also be done by someone in a similar state of mind as the man sent to Broadmoor for the murder of the aide, and attack on the Lib Dem MP.

The FBI waited until they had some evidence to declare the awful attack in San Bernadino terrorist related. London police were using the terrorism link very early on .
Last edited by yahyah on Sun 06 Dec, 2015 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

Haven't seen too much of this in the rest of the MSM, surprisingly this is from the Telegraph.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... nsion.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I thought it was only Labour who's Cabinet was in disarray??
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Rebecca wrote:I am being bullied.
My daughter has just told me,twice,that she wishes I would pass on.Ok,dear,said I.
'I mean die!'she told me,just in case I am too thick to understand the pass on thing.

Ring up the Mail or the BBC and tell them she's a Corbynista.
You could earn a mint. ;)
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

yahyah wrote:
Rebecca wrote:I am being bullied.

Ring up the Mail or the BBC and tell them she's a Corbynista.
You could earn a mint. ;)
Or write an article for the Guardian?
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

. deleted as accidental posting.
Last edited by yahyah on Sun 06 Dec, 2015 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

yahyah wrote:How did the police know the Leytonstone attacker wasn't suffering from a paranoid psychosis, like the man who attacked a Lib Dem MP with a machete and killed his aide ?

Wasn't it premature to call it a terrorist attack just because he called out about Syria ?
That could also be done by someone in a similar state of mind as the man sent to Broadmoor for the murder, and attack on the Lib Dem MP.

The FBI waited until they had some evidence to declare the awful attack in San Bernadino terrorist related. London police were using the terrorism link very early on .
I thought exactly that - and, according to the BBC News, the police are looking into the mental illness possibility. So, yes. Until they know what's what, they have been premature in calling this a terrorist attack. I expect this to happen more and more. I'm just waiting for vagrancy to be categorised as terrorism.

Edited to add an 'm
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

So,Tristram Hunt has told Jeremy Corbyn,his boss,not to attend the Stop The War christmas fundraiser.Via Andrew Marr on national TV.
When will these people learn the very basics of good manners?If he has a problem with Corbyns' dinner engagements,how about sitting down and discussing it in private?
They will use any excuse to show their disrespect,but whine when they think Corbyn wants rid of them.