Monday 21st December 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 21st December 2015

Post by yahyah »

Is elderly/social care at the bottom because people think they will be young forever ?
The botox generation will find it a bit of shock when old age hits them.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Two Tory MPs have admitted starting a relationship after being photographed canoodling on a train platform.
Andrea Jenkyns, a former beauty queen who defeated Ed Balls at May’s election, and Jack Lopresti, a married father-of-three, were pictured holding hands at Doncaster station.
The pair at first said they were just "good friends” after being confronted but later admitted through a statement from Tory HQ that they were dating.
Mr Lopresti has reportedly been seen leaving his house in Bristol carrying bags and a packed black bin liner.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... ation.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How times have changed. Remember David Mellor and his cringemaking extra marital fling wearing his Chelsea strip? That awful staged photo with his wife and children at the gates of his home - publicly and literally standing by him.

Nowadays the fling indulger leaves the marital home with a packed black bin liner.
Working on the wild side.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Have seen the weather forecast for my area.
A bit of blue sky for Christmas, or in the forseeable future, seems an unobtainable dream.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

rebeccariots2 wrote: Nowadays the fling indulger leaves the marital home with a packed black bin liner.
Language, rebeccariots2! I'm shocked.

Oh - fling . . . .
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

And another one...

SPTA to be stripped of ‘isolated’ Nottinghamshire schools and future of Doncaster academies in doubt

http://schoolsweek.co.uk/spta-to-be-str ... -in-doubt/
One of England’s largest academy chains will be stripped of three of its schools with the future of three more in doubt following intervention by the government.

East Midlands and the Humber regional schools commissioner Jennifer Bexon-Smith (pictured) wrote to the School Partnership Trust Academies (SPTA) describing performance concerns over 13 of its academies and outlining plans to move three “isolated” schools in Nottinghamshire to another sponsor by next September.

According to the Yorkshire Post, the leadership of three of the trust’s schools in Doncaster will also be reviewed, along with other schools in the area.

In her letter, the regional commissioner said three Nottinghamshire schools would transfer to other sponsors: Queen Elizabeth Academy and Wainwright Primary Academy, both rated as inadequate, and Leamington Primary and Nursery Academy, which is rated as requires improvement.

The “isolation” described in the letter is believed to be connected to the fact the trust’s remaining schools are mainly located in Yorkshire.
The three in question were given to SPTA in Jan 12, Sep 12, Sep 13.

:roll:

Only Nash has so far given any indication that their academies policy was not that great.

Too many, too fast. No logic to what they were doing at all in some cases.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Escaped reindeer makes early Christmas dash round houses

Warren Porter, 23, from Sherwood, said: “It was one of the weirdest unexpected sights I will ever witness. I was driving down Carlton Hill and saw what I thought was a massive dog running up the pavement.

“I locked my doors and thought ‘you’re not getting in here, I’ve got carrots in my boot’. (Guardian)
Er, Warren Porter is probably a very nice chap, and all that. But - what?

Edited to add link

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015 ... nottingham" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edited again -
If at first you don't succeed . . . .
Last edited by refitman on Mon 21 Dec, 2015 7:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Admin: Link fixed
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tally ho for foxhunting
One day this noble sport will be wrested from the coalition of anti-rural snobs and animal rights activists who banned it

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/tele ... nting.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Apparently fox hunting is thriving since the hunting ban ... so this ghastly ban must be removed. Get that?

And anyone opposing the cruel killing of foxes for 'sport' is 'anti rural' and a 'snob'. So there. Get that?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:

Warren Porter, 23, from Sherwood, said: “It was one of the weirdest unexpected sights I will ever witness. I was driving down Carlton Hill and saw what I thought was a massive dog running up the pavement.

“I locked my doors and thought ‘you’re not getting in here, I’ve got carrots in my boot’. (Guardian)
The punch line isn't strong, in my opinion, however, I may not understand the joke.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

citizenJA wrote:
PorFavor wrote:

The punch line isn't strong, in my opinion, however, I may not understand the joke.

Ha!
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

It works better in a Scottish accent ' Ya nae gettin' in tharr, ah've got carrats in ma boot'.
Apologies to EricWLothian.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

yahyah wrote:It works better in a Scottish accent ' Ya nae gettin' in tharr, ah've got carrats in ma boot'.
That's so bad it's hysterical. :lol:
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Bumboils.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Two Tory MPs have admitted starting a relationship after being photographed canoodling on a train platform.
Andrea Jenkyns, a former beauty queen who defeated Ed Balls at May’s election, and Jack Lopresti, a married father-of-three, were pictured holding hands at Doncaster station.
The pair at first said they were just "good friends” after being confronted but later admitted through a statement from Tory HQ that they were dating.
Mr Lopresti has reportedly been seen leaving his house in Bristol carrying bags and a packed black bin liner.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... ation.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How times have changed. Remember David Mellor and his cringemaking extra marital fling wearing his Chelsea strip? That awful staged photo with his wife and children at the gates of his home - publicly and literally standing by him.

Nowadays the fling indulger leaves the marital home with a packed black bin liner.
That's very sad...Their, their partner/wife and their children's life down to a few black bin liners.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

I;m sure that "canoodling" is one of those words that you only see in newspapers - does anyone really talk like that in real life?
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Sadiq Khan MP ‏@SadiqKhan 4m4 minutes ago
No one will take Zac Goldsmith’s warm words on rough sleeping seriously. Under 5 years of Tory Government rough sleeping has almost doubled.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

RogerOThornhill wrote:I;m sure that "canoodling" is one of those words that you only see in newspapers - does anyone really talk like that in real life?
It would probably go more like 'they were all over each other' and so on.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
yahyah wrote:It works better in a Scottish accent ' Ya nae gettin' in tharr, ah've got carrats in ma boot'.
That's so bad it's hysterical. :lol:

Thank the lord it wasn't radishes in his underpants.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

RogerOThornhill wrote:I;m sure that "canoodling" is one of those words that you only see in newspapers - does anyone really talk like that in real life?
Yes. I do. When I feel that I've overused the word "spooning",
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

If you are on Universal Credit, and lose out due to the work allowance cuts, you would actually have to work more than double the 200 hours stated by IDS - even when/if the new "living wage" comes in.

The clawback for UC is between 65% and 85% depending on whether you claim the Housing Element and other bits and bobs like childcare (for which UC covers only 75% of the actual cost)

Someone on £7.20/hour working the extra 200 hours gets £1,440 before tax and NI. They would need to work for 500 hours or more to get that £1,400. Given that many people are losing much more (up to £3,000 in some cases) it will be impossible for them to work enough hours to make up the shortfall.

In a sick sort of way, I'm glad IDS has said this - it might just get people thinking about what is going to happen.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Otto English ‏@Otto_English 3h3 hours ago
Who's your favourite Brexiter? #Brexit #EU

Tommy Robinson

Nick Griffin

Paul Golding

Katie Hopkins

Paul
‏@Paul1Singh
@Otto_English none of them

Otto English ‏@Otto_English 3h3 hours ago
Otto English Retweeted Paul
It's like choosing between different strands of diarrhea isn't it.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

CWxN8lYWcAEbaLn.png
CWxN8lYWcAEbaLn.png (222.83 KiB) Viewed 6053 times
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@refitman

Thank you!
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Sue @English_Woman

Norman Tebbit: Michael Heseltine is an unprincipled egotist

http://bit.ly/22lcCBT

MichaelWhite ‏@MichaelWhite 1 min1 minute ago

This is fun, a pair of seasoned Tory thespians hitting each other with their man bags and screaming about egos MichaelWhite added,
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

ephemerid wrote:If you are on Universal Credit, and lose out due to the work allowance cuts, you would actually have to work more than double the 200 hours stated by IDS - even when/if the new "living wage" comes in.

The clawback for UC is between 65% and 85% depending on whether you claim the Housing Element and other bits and bobs like childcare (for which UC covers only 75% of the actual cost)

Someone on £7.20/hour working the extra 200 hours gets £1,440 before tax and NI. They would need to work for 500 hours or more to get that £1,400. Given that many people are losing much more (up to £3,000 in some cases) it will be impossible for them to work enough hours to make up the shortfall.

In a sick sort of way, I'm glad IDS has said this - it might just get people thinking about what is going to happen.
Thanks for that. I was going to ask if UC clawback worked in a similar way to tax credits. I wondered if there was something about UC I didn't know about which made it possible to earn more and not lose a lot of it through less credits. This point was made clearly about the tax credit cuts. It really is something that IDS feels able to drag out the same discredited guff about UC cuts.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
It would probably go more like 'they were all over each other' and so on.
The Express is very fond of 'All loved up'. :sick:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

For those of us bemoaning the weather forecast ... take a look at the video which is part of this article. It's not far from us. Gives you an idea of just how much rain there has been - and continues to be.
Drivers in Wales warned about ignoring flood road signs
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-35146267" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am worried for a lot of people if the rain is as bad as they are currently forecasting for Christmas Eve and Christmas day itself. We've ordered three huge bags of gravel to be delivered tomorrow because we simply can't carry on with mud slopes everywhere as soon as we step outside the house. Going to be doing a lot of raking out tomorrow. Our elderly neighbour slipped on mud by our post boxes today ... carried on driving to the shop anyway (suspect she was determined to get a bottle of wine in, and why not) ... but a couple of hours later rang us to say her knee has ballooned up and she can barely walk. We'll be gravelling for her too I think.

The surprise and delight is that our new dog from Spain - Paloma - is a really game girl. She plunges through mud - has been in the sea - splashes happily through ditches and mega puddles. She is all round lovely - very easy going - and able to put up with the foul UK weather even though she's come from Almeria. Dogs are often a lesson in adaptability.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Morning Star ‏@M_Star_Online 22m22 minutes ago
NHS choir takes early lead in race for Xmas No 1 | http://morningstaronline.co.uk/a-b2e9-N ... nhRr_EzTm0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Good.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Conservative MP Lucy Allan apologises for voicemail messages
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sh ... e-35152299" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The article says Lucy Allan says she has apologised. It doesn't have a fulsome feel about it. Wonder if someone somewhere has finally told her to say sorry and then shut up. Strange timing given the disappearing Facebook post ...
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:For those of us bemoaning the weather forecast ... take a look at the video which is part of this article. It's not far from us. Gives you an idea of just how much rain there has been - and continues to be.
Drivers in Wales warned about ignoring flood road signs
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-35146267" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am worried for a lot of people if the rain is as bad as they are currently forecasting for Christmas Eve and Christmas day itself. We've ordered three huge bags of gravel to be delivered tomorrow because we simply can't carry on with mud slopes everywhere as soon as we step outside the house. Going to be doing a lot of raking out tomorrow. Our elderly neighbour slipped on mud by our post boxes today ... carried on driving to the shop anyway (suspect she was determined to get a bottle of wine in, and why not) ... but a couple of hours later rang us to say her knee has ballooned up and she can barely walk. We'll be gravelling for her too I think.

The surprise and delight is that our new dog from Spain - Paloma - is a really game girl. She plunges through mud - has been in the sea - splashes happily through ditches and mega puddles. She is all round lovely - very easy going - and able to put up with the foul UK weather even though she's come from Almeria. Dogs are often a lesson in adaptability.
Oh bless her. My last two dogs would refuse to get out of the car if it was raining let alone windy. Even the wide empty space of a sandy beach couldn't tempt them. They'd huddle in the back seat looking at us as if we were mad.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

@RogerO

Didn't know if you've seen this?
Warwick Mansell ‏@warwickmansell 5 hrs5 hours ago

Want to do a list of the detailed "freedoms" given to academies. Any thoughts/refs gratefully received. Realise what time of year it is!
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Retail sales show worrying signs for UK economy
UK retail sales were weaker than expected in December

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busin ... 81861.html
What always gets me is the sentence 'Weaker than expected'. Who 'expected' they'd be good or on the up?

I didn't. Nor did a lot of other people.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Notification of the arrest of Members
The Procedure Committee in the last Parliament was asked by the
Speaker in January 2015 to consider the practice of the House in
requiring the Speaker to report the arrest of a member when
notified by the arresting authority.

The Committee was unable to complete its inquiry before
Dissolution, and passed the matter to us in its legacy report.

Our predecessors discussed the matter with the Clerk and
with a number of Members who had been arrested in the
last Parliament and whose arrest had been notified.

We have in addition sought the views of the Metropolitan
Police Service on the practice.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... tAnchor005" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(my emphasis)
The Procedure Committee recommends that the procedure
whereby police forces notify the House when a Member is
arrested should continue, but it recommends changes to
the House’s current procedure.

If adopted, the proposed changes will mean that Members of
Parliament subject to arrest will not automatically have details
of that arrest published by the House. This will give them the
same rights to privacy as any other citizen.

In accordance with standard police practice and privacy law,
names of arrested Members will not be put into the public domain
by the House unless the Member consents.

The exception will be in cases where the Speaker is advised by the
Clerk of the House that a Member has been detained for reasons
connected to his or her role as a Member of Parliament.

http://www.parliament.uk/business/commi ... hed-15-16/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(my emphasis)
Prepared 14 December 2015
http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... /64902.htm

Anyone know the collared MPs reviewing new procedure with the Clerk, MET and last session's
committee members? Took nearly another years to get this figured out. Out before Christmas.
Phew, that's a relief, eh?
Hobiejoe
Minister of State

Post by Hobiejoe »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Morning Star ‏@M_Star_Online 22m22 minutes ago
NHS choir takes early lead in race for Xmas No 1 | http://morningstaronline.co.uk/a-b2e9-N ... nhRr_EzTm0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Good.
Yes, good news, but expect an accompanying blizzard of articles about the singles chart being irrelevant/easily manipulated from the usual suspects :roll:
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

I am just not getting this

The UK economy is supposed to be in full growth mode but all the time the underlying economic indicators suggest otherwise - except for unemployment but then the lag indicators such as tax and productivity suggest that too is smoke and mirrors

I watched the documentary on the Enron collapse at the weekend (worth a watch if you haven't seen it - unbelievable and corruption at all levels of the US establishment, most of it it unpunished) and it seems to ring a bell.....poor underlying numbers based on a flawed strategy eventually catching up with them - their reaction was complete fraud - when will the truth catch up with the Government

Or are things better that I perceive?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ohsocynical wrote:
Retail sales show worrying signs for UK economy
UK retail sales were weaker than expected in December

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busin ... 81861.html
What always gets me is the sentence 'Weaker than expected'. Who 'expected' they'd be good or on the up?

I didn't. Nor did a lot of other people.
'Here I'm paying my workers minimum wage and ten guaranteed work hours per week and
not a one buys anything. Don't steal anything either. We do a search...can't figure it out...'
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sh ... e-35152299" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The article says Lucy Allan says she has apologised. It doesn't have a fulsome feel about it. Wonder if someone somewhere has finally told her to say sorry and then shut up. Strange timing given the disappearing Facebook post ...
She has undoubtedly been in the wrong, but there is also an argument she needs help as much as punishment.

I am also basing this on what some Tories have told me in confidence. Suffice it to say that she is a troubled individual.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
She has undoubtedly been in the wrong, but there is also an argument she needs help as much as punishment.

I am also basing this on what some Tories have told me in confidence. Suffice it to say that she is a troubled individual.
That much has been pretty clear AK. I've been very surprised that no one has made sure she is protected from as someone put it earlier carrying on digging when she's in a hole.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ephemerid wrote:If you are on Universal Credit, and lose out due to the work allowance cuts, you would actually have to work more than double the 200 hours stated by IDS - even when/if the new "living wage" comes in.

There's nothing sick about your wanting people to understand what their government is doing and how it's going to impact upon their life. The man opens his mouth, what he cultivates inside comes out.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Forgive me for not responding sooner. I was reading the Parliamentary Committee's documents -
'What Police Should Do When They Bust an MP - Tell or Don't Tell?'
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Bit of a glaring error in this article ... wishful thinking perhaps? Strange no sub ed spotted and corrected it (no, I agree, it's not at all strange these days).
... 3. He’s had decent wins which should be celebrated more

His strategy of asking “people’s questions” at PMQs has had Cameron on the back foot on more than one occasion. He forced a U-turn over the British contract with Saudi Arabian prisons. Labour’s strong opposition to the tax-credit cuts was responsible for Osborne rescinding them in the Autumn Statement. Labour saw an increased share of the votes in the Rochdale by-election. No other leader would achieve this in 100 days and still see his leadership questioned.

4. He and his supporters need to start taking the polarisation in the party seriously

Whether you put the infighting down to Blairites boo-hooing or not, the fact remains that the visible splits within the party are threatening Labour and its chances of future success. As Leader, Corbyn is responsible for and capable of creating and maintaining party harmony and dealing with dissent. The Rochdale by-election was won by activists from Progress to Momentum working together, and both sides need to be made to understand that future wins will only happen in similar circumstances...
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/fiv ... 81736.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's not been corrected yet either.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Tally ho for foxhunting
One day this noble sport will be wrested from the coalition of anti-rural snobs and animal rights activists who banned it

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/tele ... nting.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Apparently fox hunting is thriving since the hunting ban ... so this ghastly ban must be removed. Get that?

And anyone opposing the cruel killing of foxes for 'sport' is 'anti rural' and a 'snob'. So there. Get that?
It's too dangerous for hikers, walkers, children, people on bikes, hell, even people in motor vehicles, through no fault of their own, could have an unhappy encounter with these people fox-hunting...it's thoroughly anti-social to tear up countryside like that.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Chris Mason ‏@ChrisMasonBBC 17 mins17 minutes ago

Jeremy Corbyn to @paulwaugh:
“I own a house, well it’s a shared ownership,” he says... “Me and the bank share it – a mortgage it’s called."
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Telegraph fined over 'vote Conservative' election day email

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35152295
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

https://www.facebook.com/TbFreeEngland/?fref=nf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Trussism_Truism_2.jpg
Trussism_Truism_2.jpg (53.28 KiB) Viewed 5939 times
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ohsocynical wrote:
Telegraph fined over 'vote Conservative' election day email

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35152295
And that's on top of all the targeted personal letters that went out from Cameron & co to households in their targeted marginals with the dire warnings about the SNP, Miliband, keys to the car etc etc.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tory chairman Lord Feldman 'admits directing donors to pro-EU campaign', MP claims
Steve Baker, the chairman of Conservatives for Britain, tells the Telegraph that Lord Feldman has conceded to him that he has been assisting wealthy Tory donors hoping to help the pro-EU campaign.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... laims.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
... The disclosure will deepen divisions in the Tory Party ahead of the in-out referendum and comes as eurosceptic MPs accuse the Prime Minister of pre-judging the result of his renegotiation with Brussels by openly saying that he wants Britain to remain in the EU.
The Conservative Party has pledged to stay neutral in the lead-up to the referendum, which David Cameron has indicated will be held next year.
Mr Baker writes for the Telegraph (below) that Lord Feldman has confirmed to him that he has “directed donors to give money to the pro-EU BSE [Britain Stronger in Europe] campaign”.
The Tory MP says that Lord Feldman has told him he is also referring donors to the Leave campaign.
However, the anti-EU campaign is “yet to receive a referral from our Party Chairman”, Mr Baker says...
It's not going to be pretty is it.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

The Sun told to put apology to Jeremy Corbyn on front page
Exclusive: New press standards watchdog shows its teeth over tabloid slur

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media ... 82181.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:!:

Editing to add:
“IPSO is an improvement on the PCC if only because they have courteous complaints officers whose aim is to try to mediate a satisfactory conclusion for both parties,” Rose Brocklehurst said. “In this case, the mediation failed because I became even more determined when the Sun were rude to me while I extended all courtesy to them in correspondence. The front page story was in my view completely spurious, nasty and wrong. My whole IPSO experience showed that an individual needs determination and courage to enter the complaints process.” IPSO is currently investigating more than 2,600 complaints about a separate Sun front page last month claiming that one in five British Muslims are sympathetic to jihadis.
Let's hope the apology for that one is also front page - and LARGE.
Last edited by rebeccariots2 on Mon 21 Dec, 2015 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Thought that might be about the bowing lie (because that's what it was, a LIE) but this will do to be going on with.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ATHERSTONE HUNT SUPPORTER LAURA CAINES FOUND GUILTY OF TWO COUNTS OF ASSAULT BY BEATING

Today Atherstone Hunt supporter Laura Caines was found guilty of two counts of assault by beating at Loughbourgh Magistrates Court. The incident happened on the 28th February 2015 after a fox was chased and illegally hunted by hounds in front of huntsman Stuart Barton and Hunt Saboteurs. Barton immediately rides his horse into the nearest saboteur pinning them against a wall. Caines then attacks the same saboteur from behind by putting them in a head lock, hitting them over the head and then attempting to steal their camcorder. She then moved on to the other sab who was filming, grabbed her and then dug her nails into the sabs check causing it to bleed. She again tried to steal the camcorder that had filmed the incident. Magistrates found her guilty in her absence after offering no defence. A warrant has been issued for her arrest so that she can be sentenced.
https://www.facebook.com/stop.the.cull" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You'll find a video of the entire incident on that link including the clear breach of the ban re the fox being illegally hunted by the hounds (nothing grisly shown).
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

People living in the countryside to be at the heart of Government policy making
A new rural 'ambassador' and a ministerial task force to work across Whitehall will ensure that departments are putting the countryside first.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/c ... aking.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just look at the photos used to illustrate this article. Just look. That's what 'rural communities' mean to the Tories and Torygraph.