Saturday 2 & Sunday 3 January 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Re: Saturday 2 & Sunday 3 January 2016

Post by Eric_WLothian »

ohsocynical wrote:
One of Margaret Thatcher’s advisers told the prime minister that “pampered Scots” were a “juicy target” for budget cuts, newly released papers have revealed.
In a classified letter released on Wednesday by the National Archives, David Willetts told Thatcher that Scotland was “the real target” of budget cuts in the UK and laid out a secret plan to slash Scotland’s budget by over £100 million.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jamieross/secre ... lseLRy5QW6
The cybernats have a more pressing problem:
SCOTTISH biscuit firm Tunnock’s have dropped their iconic lion from branding south of the border as they declare themselves “British”.
Advertising launched in England last month for “Tunnock’s Great British Teacake” made the design change, scrapping the Lion Rampant.
http://www.scotsman.com/news/tunnocks-d ... -1-3990374

Reading btl, all I can say is "They don't like it up 'em Mr Mainwaring". :lol: :lol:
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/j ... are_btn_tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Energy giants’ incompetence leaves vulnerable customers battling for help
From debt collectors threatening a disabled woman, to an erroneous request for more than £50,000, consumers are paying a high price for chaotic accounting, as Anna Tims reports
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Well quite.

I;m pretty sure I remember either Gove or Gibb pre-election 2010 saying they were scrapping primary tests. I'll see if I can find it.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

1377376_10153224592785969_2876515014791185523_n.jpg
1377376_10153224592785969_2876515014791185523_n.jpg (75.99 KiB) Viewed 5746 times
A wolf pack: the first 3 are the old or sick, they set the pace for the entire pack. If it was the other way round, they would be left behind, losing contact with the pack. In the case of an ambush they would be sacrificed. Then come 5 strong ones, the front line. In the center are the rest of the pack members, then the 5 strongest following. Last is alone, the alpha male. He controls everything from the rear. In that position he can see everything, decide the direction. He sees all of the pack. The pack moves according to the elders pace, helping,watching and caring for each other - We could all learn something from them.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

janice barnes
‏@logansteven

Danczuk's plan to stand as an independent against Labour, deliberately letting the Tories in, proves beyond doubt he was never #Labour
Vordy
Backbencher

Post by Vordy »

"We have about 50% of the world's wealth but only 6.3 of its population... We cannot fail to be the object of envy and resentment. Our real task in the coming period is to devise a pattern of relationships, which will permit us to maintain this position of disparity without positive detriment to our national security. To do so we will have to dispense with all sentimentality and daydreaming; and our attention will have to be concentrated everywhere on our immediate national objectives. We need not deceive ourselves that we can afford today the luxury of altruism and world benefaction... We should cease to talk about vague unreal objectives such as human rights, the raising of the living standards, and democratization. The day is not far off when we are going to have to deal in straight power concepts. The less we are hampered by idealistic slogans, the better."

George Kennan, secret State Department memo, February 1948

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating?... A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself."
from George Orwell's 1949 novel "1984"

"Serial killers ruin families. Corporate and political and religious psychopaths ruin economies and societies."
Robert Hare

"A small proportion of people who suffer from psychologically abnormal personalities have, throughout history, had an immeasurable detrimental impact on our societies, our politics and our world. Enabled by their ruthlessness to readily acquire positions of power, they have long dominated the psychologically normal majority of the world's population."

Ian Hughes

"Psychopaths do well in politics. They are ideally suited to the ruthless, competitive, self-promoting and manipulative power games that dominate party politics."

Stuart Hertzog

"Many politicians share the traits of psychopaths who are not sensitive to altruistic appeals, such as sympathy for their victims or remorse or guilt over their crimes. They possess the personality traits of lying, narcissism, selfishness, and vanity. These are the people to whom we have entrusted our fate."

John Kozy

"Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved."

Niccolo Machiavelli in his book "The Prince", 1513

"Never attempt to win by force what can be won by deception."

Niccolo Machiavelli in his book "The Prince", 1513

"The question is not how to get good people to rule; the question is how to stop the powerful from doing as much damage as they can to us."
Karl Popper

"Modern democracies have been around for long enough for neo-liberal capitalists to learn how to subvert them. They have mastered the technique of infiltrating the instruments of democracy - the "independent" judiciary, the "free" press, the parliament - and molding them to their purpose. The project of corporate globalization has cracked the code. Free elections, a free press, and an independent judiciary mean little when the free market has reduced them to commodities on sale to the highest bidder."
Arundhati Roy in her book "An Ordinary Person's Guide to Empire"

"The modern pantheon of enemies are the banking consortium; the global Elite born and bred from mega-wealth; the academics and economists who disconnect ideas from reality; and the scientific and military minds who are so compartmentalized by design that they rarely know what sort of dictatorship to which they are making their contributions."
Michael Edwards

Source:

http://barbariansinsuits.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Warning,graphic photos of human suffering.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

From 2008...

Tories would cut exams and introduce a 'common sense test system' for schools

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... hools.html
Mr Gove has already set up a commission, headed by former Imperial College rector Sir Richard Sykes, to review school exams in England.

But he went further on Tuesday by saying his party was already set on reducing the number of tests.

The Key Stage 1 tests for seven-year-olds, which cover reading, writing, speaking and listening, maths and science, will be replaced with a single reading test.

Shake-ups of the SATs taken by 11 and 14-year-olds would follow. However, GCSEs and A-levels will stay.
That went well...we now have more KS1/2 tests than ever before...and another on the way.

Accountability = Testing. Testing. More testing.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ohsocynical wrote:
Tim Fenton has kept on exposing (for want of a better word) this myth ... but the MSM just keep trotting it out. Lazy.
Working on the wild side.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

troovus
‏@troovus

Zac Goldsmith has announced his support to bulldoze London council estates for "redevelopment"

@Ash_housing
4/X
https://architectsforsocialhousing.word ... learances/
Is that helpful to his campaign?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

PM 'should apologise to Corbyn' for terrorist sympathiser remarks
Senior Tory MP says Cameron should have withdrawn his comments and ‘be more careful in his use of language’

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... er-remarks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cameron refusing to apologise for that was one of the worst moments - albeit a very long moment - I've seen in the HoC.

Meanwhile a month after that vote to bomb in Syria - it appears the urgency of the PM's case that only the UK had the right kind of missiles and we were needed to make that crucial difference .... has turned out to be as tattered and flawed as most of his arguments.
They did a small feature on Radio 4 today re the UK's involvement in the air attacks - it was clear we have done very little and have had virtually no impact. And our must have Brimstone missiles have not been used - at all.
... Jon Lake, a military aviation expert, told the Telegraph: “Britain’s air campaign in Syria so far is basically a non-event which can have had little, if any, impact on the balance of power on the ground.”
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Following on from Ephemerid's post:
#SIMONDANCZUK, THE MEDIA AND ALCOHOLISM – PEAK HYPOCRISY
http://www.consented.co.uk/read/simonda ... hypocrisy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
PM 'should apologise to Corbyn' for terrorist sympathiser remarks
Senior Tory MP says Cameron should have withdrawn his comments and ‘be more careful in his use of language’

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... er-remarks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cameron refusing to apologise for that was one of the worst moments - albeit a very long moment - I've seen in the HoC.

Meanwhile a month after that vote to bomb in Syria - it appears the urgency of the PM's case that only the UK had the right kind of missiles and we were needed to make that crucial difference .... has turned out to be as tattered and flawed as most of his arguments.
They did a small feature on Radio 4 today re the UK's involvement in the air attacks - it was clear we have done very little and have had virtually no impact. And our must have Brimstone missiles have not been used - at all.
... Jon Lake, a military aviation expert, told the Telegraph: “Britain’s air campaign in Syria so far is basically a non-event which can have had little, if any, impact on the balance of power on the ground.”
What's going on?

James Gray, Tory MP for North Wiltshire and currently select Defence Sub-Committee member, is quoted criticising Cameron for his remark about Corbyn. A constituent wrote Gray complaining about Cameron's having called Corbyn 'a terrorist sympathiser'. The constituent received a strongly worded response from Gray, roundly criticising Dave, expressed dismay it was said and no apology offered. Gray voted for the air strikes.

We don't normally get to read or hear about named Tory MPs disagreeing with their emperor. So, I'll ask again, what's going on? Why now?

Then again, it may not be anything, I could be making more of it than it is.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Respectfully bow out of public life, get some help and devote the remainder of the life you've the privilege of having to good works, Danczuk, seriously, conjure up some love for yourself, real love, not narcissistic infatuation. You'll have a happier life, I can almost guarantee it. I must qualify the guarantee because I'm human, I could be wrong. You might do all that and still not be happy. But others will be, so, give it consideration.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Cameron calling Corbyn a 'terrorist sympathiser' is a terrible thing, to have said it reveals more Dave - undisciplined, ill-advised, a liar, disrespectfully verbally abusing the Leader of the Opposition on the floor of the House of Commons. To have refused salvaging the situation by apologising for his reckless name-calling reveals further evidence of Cameron's unfitness for his position.

I've had to come away from the news this afternoon. Dave's ineffectual leadership over the flooding disasters is unsatisfactory. It won't do. Maybe others in his political party share this opinion.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

He would never apologise because,for once,he believed what he said.Further to the Parris view of encouraging meanness and policy judgements as to differing human value attribution according to deemed usefulness,clear fascistic intent,but at least honest.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Reading through the lists of people named in the New Years Honours list - as you do - tucked in amongst all the names connected to education, and good works I found this:

Sidney Charles (Charlie) Mullins. Founder and chief executive Pimlico Plumbers. For services to the Plumbing Industry. (London)

He was at Cameron's fund raising bash earlier in the year...
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Stephen Daisley ‏@JournoStephen 2h2 hours ago
I feel sorry for Sturgeon. The very day she insists her supporters aren't a brainwashed cult they launch a boycott of unpatriotic teacakes.
They haven't, have they?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

UK flooding: How a town in Yorkshire worked with nature to stay dry
Pickering pulled off protection by embracing the very opposite of what passes for conventional wisdom

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 94286.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good article.
... Some environmentalists want to slash support for farmers. It would be far better to direct it to reducing flooding by, for example, supporting tree planting and retaining wetlands, and paying landowners to set aside relatively unproductive land to take excess water so as to avoid inundation downstream.

But David Cameron last year allowed EU grants going to such environmentally-friendly purposes to be cut – despite pleas even from his distinctly ungreen environment secretary, Owen Paterson. “Why” he said, spectacularly missing the point “should we be the only saint in the brothel?”

Perhaps, just perhaps, the recent floods will shift such – shall we say – antediluvian attitudes...
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ohsocynical wrote:Reading through the lists of people named in the New Years Honours list - as you do - tucked in amongst all the names connected to education, and good works I found this:

Sidney Charles (Charlie) Mullins. Founder and chief executive Pimlico Plumbers. For services to the Plumbing Industry. (London)

He was at Cameron's fund raising bash earlier in the year...
There's something very Dickensian about that name - and the bloke - and the story.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Jim Pickard ‏@PickardJE 5m5 minutes ago
The Lib Dems have put out a press release that begins: "Nobody takes the Tories seriously...."
Priceless lack of self awareness. And anyway they did - for 5 whole years.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... gious-cult" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Dugher said he did not expect the predicted big reshuffle to happen."

You'd never know this from the title and sub on the article linking the story above. The second and third paragraphs
of the story make a lie out of both. The Labour MPs quoted are fine, what in the world is the problem. Nothing. No
problem but stories written like things are a problem and problems are happening but they're not happening and it's
no problem. Not even the gossip has urgency. Gossip gets made up too, so implausible and inaccurate are these
endless stories.

I've always liked Michael Dugher. I'll probably never have cause to change my opinion of him.
I like Corbyn too. Same there.
Fine, everything is fine, except those are two people who should be in government but aren't.
Tories are government and that is a genuine problem.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

Good evening.

Just been resetting my smartphone after lending it to one of my lads and after reconnecting to my wifi typed utopiandreams into the Google search box, as you do. Apparently I have a profile page at the G but want to add that @utopiandreams on Twitter has nothing at all to do with me. But then they'd be much more vociferous with at least a modicum of original thought had it been me. None of the other identities to be found elsewhere are me either for that matter. Just saying.

Shall read the weekend thread after tea, which I have to get back to; Yorkshires to prepare now. Cheers.
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Jim Pickard ‏@PickardJE 5m5 minutes ago
The Lib Dems have put out a press release that begins: "Nobody takes the Tories seriously...."
Priceless lack of self awareness. And anyway they did - for 5 whole years.
(my bold)

Sounds like the LibDems are having a problem reconciling their recent history of taking everything Tory, seriously.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

"But David Cameron last year allowed EU grants going to such environmentally-friendly purposes
to be cut – despite pleas even from his distinctly ungreen environment secretary, Owen Paterson.
“Why” he said, spectacularly missing the point “should we be the only saint in the brothel?”'
The day comes full circle. Dave reminds me of some despotic monarch of former
times rather than the PM of a democratic nation.
The neo-Georgian Prime Minister

By the time he stands down, David Cameron's Britain will be neo-Georgian
- a country that is, in effect, governed by a coterie of wealthy families
competing for power.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk ... e-minister" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The same article appeared first entitled, "The 18th-century Prime Minister".
"The defining feature of Cameron’s career is a chronic disconnect between
words, deeds and consequences. He is at his best when all that is needed
from him is little more than a public declaration.

Cameron’s work as director of corporate affairs for the media company
Carlton Communications, his only professional experience outside
Westminster and a position he acquired by way of an intervention...

In the world of PR, actions are episodic and discontinuous and their
consequences ignored unless they have some immediate effect. All
that matters is having a serviceable story, which is constructed to
serve the purposes of the day, then discarded and forgotten.

A certain carelessness runs throughout his approach to policymaking.
Searching for a slogan that could give some sort of rationale to his
policies, he fastened on “the big society” but his failure to give the
idea any practical content led ultimately to..."
...where we are now.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
I feel sorry for Sturgeon. The very day she insists her supporters aren't a brainwashed cult they launch a boycott of unpatriotic teacakes.
They haven't, have they?
Yes - twice :lol:

The Tunnocks family (it's a family-owned firm) 'came out' on the 'NO' side before the referendum and incurred the wrath of the cybernats. Now they've done it again.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/tunnocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A number of the usual suspects (or perhaps one of the usual suspects under a number of usernames) have said that they'll change to Lees teacakes - a Scottish manufacturer who apparently doesn't use any Scottish symbolism! :lol:

http://www.scotsman.com/news/tunnocks-d ... -1-3990374" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And these people have votes! :(
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

Apparently the Transport Secretary & Minister in Charge of Floods turned up at Pooley Bridge in Cumbria today to meet visitors, almost a month after the bridge was washed away.
They turned up 20 minutes late on the wrong side of the river from the village.
Embarrassingly, the local MP is also the Minister in Charge of Floods (Rory Stewart).

http://politicalscrapbook.net/2016/01/m ... ed-bridge/

They've given up even pretending to give a shit
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Re: 2 January 2016 - Saturday

Post by utopiandreams »

HindleA wrote:... Apparently,there is an underclass of deliberate litter louts as opposed to Righteous Citizens who "inadvertently litter"
Apparently so, Hindle, I was once challenged by a copper for littering with intent. At least that's what I think he said.
mbc1955
Lord Chancellor
Location: Stockport, Great Manchester in body, the Lake District at heart

Post by mbc1955 »

danesclose wrote:Apparently the Transport Secretary & Minister in Charge of Floods turned up at Pooley Bridge in Cumbria today to meet visitors, almost a month after the bridge was washed away.
They turned up 20 minutes late on the wrong side of the river from the village.
Embarrassingly, the local MP is also the Minister in Charge of Floods (Rory Stewart).

http://politicalscrapbook.net/2016/01/m ... ed-bridge/

They've given up even pretending to give a shit
That's not an easy mistake to make accidentally, given that the Minister would presumably have approached from the M6, which is on the village side of the river; to get to the wrong side he would have to have gone 38 miles out of his way.

Lovely old bridge, a thing of beauty as well as being a vital link to the main tourist road along Ullswater's western shore.
The truth ferret speaks!
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Eric_WLothian wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
They haven't, have they?
Yes - twice :lol:

The Tunnocks family (it's a family-owned firm) 'came out' on the 'NO' side before the referendum and incurred the wrath of the cybernats. Now they've done it again.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/tunnocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A number of the usual suspects (or perhaps one of the usual suspects under a number of usernames) have said that they'll change to Lees teacakes - a Scottish manufacturer who apparently doesn't use any Scottish symbolism! :lol:

http://www.scotsman.com/news/tunnocks-d ... -1-3990374" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And these people have votes! :(
All this stuff could end very badly. English boycott of Scottish whisky?

But hey, if it sits unsold in Scotland then maybe they can charge themselves VAT on it for the GERs.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Jeremy Hunt GP plan unravelling as Shadow Health Secretary accuses him of "fiddling figures"
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/je ... ng-7109878" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Health Secretary had promised 5000 new GPs by 2020, but an official has revealed that figure will include "persuading people not to leave"...
Just how sly and underhand can he / they get .... should be shouted about from the rooftops.
'And so it should, rr2, but our voices are barely heard either here or at the G. However loveletter made a suggestion under 'The Guardian view on statistical misperceptions: numbers up. Editorial' http://discussion.theguardian.com/comme ... k/65985288 they have a weekly misuse of stats in press and politics column. Perhaps we can also encourage it btl on AS' page each time we add an observation of our own.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Left this late to post,be warned,fascistic ignorant,hatefilled to the core,but as I say honest.Matthew Parris.

http://samedifference1.com/2016/01/02/m ... interview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Oldie but goodie from my least favourite Scottish politician.
Pete Wishart ✔ @PeteWishart
Trying to blame the SNP for a crack in the FRB must be the most inept and desperate attempt at 'SNP baad' in all the unionist baadlands.
Yeah, maintenance, waste of time, really.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

NB the fascist "projection" of claiming he would be the victim if questioning B.Jane-Campbell.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Benn and Burnham offer to swap jobs.jpg
Benn and Burnham offer to swap jobs.jpg (38.31 KiB) Viewed 5536 times
Nick Sutton ‏@suttonnick 5m5 minutes ago
By @SamCoatesTimes in Monday's Times:
Benn and Burnham offer to swap jobs
#tomorrowspaperstoday #bbcpapers
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Not a reshuffle,a swap,the liars.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

It'll be a reshuffle if Eagle moves though.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

True,bad attempt at a joke.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016 ... are_btn_tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cuts to sexual health services will lead to STI 'explosion', warn experts
Labour analysis predicts £40m less will be spent on testing and treating infection in 2016 despite rates of gonorrhoea and syphilis soaring
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016 ... ors-strike" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Government makes last-ditch offer to avert junior doctors strike
As Monday deadline for strike decision looms, the Department of Health makes fresh attempt to avoid first doctors walkout in 40 years
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:NB the fascist "projection" of claiming he would be the victim if questioning B.Jane-Campbell.
I guess today is my day to be nothing but astounded by that author's and current government's spokespersons' twisted enmity. What the hell happened to them to make them think like that?

Also, the author of that blog is mistaken about budgets. Sovereign currency budgets, the UK's budget don't work like household budgets. The fixed pot o' budget thing is wrong. Someone getting home health care over there doesn't mean someone else starves next door. Real limitations are physical materials, labour and people enough to do the work, this wealthy nation can do a lot. The bridge has to up and operational though or our transportation network doesn't work. Even Tories need bridges. Unless they're just relying on military drops from helicopters or something, which wouldn't surprise me. I'll be accused of having helicopter envy. I'm astounded today at some of the broken brained statements coming out of government and other assorted people who can't know the first thing about love or compassion. I don't know what to say. It's ugly.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

If you wondered why no major incidents have been declared,the reason is simple,they more or less have been banned from declaring them.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Apologies for the improper apostrophe usage, the possessive plural grammar rules, I'm sorry, I'll read up and practice. I'm utterly beside myself.

People, don't believe a thing Tory government are saying or writing to you.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

If you wondered why no major incidents have been declared,the reason is simple,they more or less have been banned from declaring them.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:If you wondered why no major incidents have been declared,the reason is simple,they more or less have been banned from declaring them.
I see. I believe you because I can see with my eyes and understand when infrastructure is gone no one without wings is getting across. What are government thinking by the game they're playing, please?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I am sensitive about the topic,suffice to say,where misanthropy sees cost and burden ,I see investment and true independence.They ignore all State help they have received,far beyond the majority,they make me truly sick.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Oldie but goodie from my least favourite Scottish politician.
Pete Wishart ✔ @PeteWishart
Trying to blame the SNP for a crack in the FRB must be the most inept and desperate attempt at 'SNP baad' in all the unionist baadlands.
Yeah, maintenance, waste of time, really.
Of course, it was scheduled to reopen for all traffic tomorrow (4th Jan) but it's the SNP that got it open before Christmas... no mention of the extraordinarily good weather... or that it won't open to HGVs until February.

In the meantime, our glorious leader has had more important engagements:
As 2015 comes to an end, STV will celebrate Hogmanay with Elaine C. Smith’s Burdz Eye View of Hogmanay, where the much loved comedian and actor [and committed nationalist] gives a quirky, nostalgic and entertaining look at Scotland’s Hogmanay traditions...

As well as being first-footed by celebrity friend, comedian Janey Godley [a committed nationalist], Elaine receives a very special visit for First Minister Nicola Sturgeon who is joined by her mum Joan and her sister Gillian. The First Minister and her family reminisce about their childhood Hogmanays and reveal her grandmother’s yearly premonition about Scottish singing legend Andy Stewart.
(My additions in red) Elaine Smith is a director of the production company.

http://www.stvplc.tv/blog/2015/12/elain ... manay-show

http://www.capx.co/the-snp-has-even-man ... -hogmanay/
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Does Rab C.Nesbit know?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

George Eaton saying swap offer not true.