Friday 8 th January 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 8 th January 2016

Post by ohsocynical »

yahyah wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:Thought provoking read from Craig Murray. Works around Danczuk, Assange, gender balance in the shadow cabinet and the 'top' jobs and even has a fresh update on Jess Phillips.

And check out the interesting comment BTL - about 4 or 5 down.
Feminism a Neo-Con Tool
https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives ... /#comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Did you mean Rob G's comment ?
'In recent months there’s been a big drive by the Establishment and corporate media to discredit child sex abuse whistleblowers, and one can’t help wonder if Danczuk is a victim of this.'

Danczuk is the victim of one thing only, that is himself and his own behaviour. (that's two things !)
As to the rest of his comment '' there’s been another big VIP child sex abuse scandal brewing over Christmas, with the police refusing to halt their inquiries, despite pressure from on high.

I can’t give any links to back-up what I’m saying here, because no one is reporting it yet. It’ll probably break in the next week or so; that is, if the totally rotten and corrupt police state Britain allows it.
'' that's the sort of post often used by conspiracy theorists. Occasionally they are correct, the law of
averages means every now and again they are.

Can feel a very tiny amount of sympathy for some of Murray's thoughts re Blairites but he loses me at 'an army of feminists'.
I dunno. Perhaps it's me, but I thought he was a bit 'up himself'...
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

yahyah wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:Thought provoking read from Craig Murray. Works around Danczuk, Assange, gender balance in the shadow cabinet and the 'top' jobs and even has a fresh update on Jess Phillips.

Feminism a Neo-Con Tool
https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives ... /#comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Did you mean Rob G's comment ?
'In recent months there’s been a big drive by the Establishment and corporate media to discredit child sex abuse whistleblowers, and one can’t help wonder if Danczuk is a victim of this.'

Danczuk is the victim of one thing only, that is himself and his own behaviour. (that's two things !)
As to the rest of his comment '' there’s been another big VIP child sex abuse scandal brewing over Christmas, with the police refusing to halt their inquiries, despite pressure from on high.

I can’t give any links to back-up what I’m saying here, because no one is reporting it yet. It’ll probably break in the next week or so; that is, if the totally rotten and corrupt police state Britain allows it.
'' that's the sort of post often used by conspiracy theorists. Occasionally they are correct, the law of
averages means every now and again they are.

Can feel a very tiny amount of sympathy for some of Murray's thoughts re Blairites but he loses me at 'an army of feminists'.
I think what his argument doesn't encompass is that women and feminists have so often got the same treatment by the media as Corbyn and anything or one not considered part of the prevailing message. Their output is pretty controlled - often good for poking fun at, or ignoring, or being seen as victims etc. Hence we get a Jess Phillips piece - because she's the go to motor mouth at present - fits many of the click topics - rather than something more thoughtful, nuanced and questioning.

I'm sure you are right about certain statements in the comment often being used by conspiracy theorists. They also seemed to fit with some tweets coming from Exaro and co. (I know that may not be considered credible). And we did wonder what was going on whilst all the Danczuk stuff hit the headlines for so long - especially as it had clearly been ready and waiting for a while.

Have there been many pieces by feminists on the Danczuk allegations? I read and linked to one by Ellie Cumbo - http://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analy ... -women-isn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - but can't immediately think of others.
Working on the wild side.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Haven't see the Exaro tweets, been offline so much lately. Will go & look. Thanks.
My faith in Exaro isn't strong though, after the recent retraction of claims of murder by the man they were pushing as credible regarding politically linked child sexual abuse allegations.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

yahyah wrote:Haven't see the Exaro tweets, been offline so much lately. Will go & look. Thanks.
My faith in Exaro isn't strong though, after the recent retraction of claims of murder by the man they were pushing as credible regarding politically linked child sexual abuse allegations.
I was unimpressed with them, think I've said before.

They published something about a child abuser/supect (can't recall which) with a distinctive name, and said he'd gone to stay with his son. They named the town. I thought that was wrong- both could have been identified by a vigilante. I complained, they didn't really see my point, I recall.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

yahyah wrote:Haven't see the Exaro tweets, been offline so much lately. Will go & look. Thanks.
Yes - that's what I meant by them not necessarily being considered credible.

But then - I no longer know what to think of the whole CSA investigations and enquiries ... we seem to have got nowhere fast. And that feels very unsatisfactory and does make me either doubt the integrity of the investigations or whether the claims have been overstated ...

Edited because I really should know how to spell 'know'.
Last edited by rebeccariots2 on Fri 08 Jan, 2016 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Having been away from digital media, there is a sense of strangeness about a lot of reporting and stories in the headlines.

The alleged organised sexual assaults in Germany for example.
Maybe I'm the conspiracy theorist now, but it almost seems like exactly the sort of thing designed to create bad feeling against migrants.
'Who benefits ?' as they say. Most puzzling.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

UK's largest steelworks Port Talbot at risk with 4,500 jobs at stake
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk ... ot-7137638" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Britain’s largest steelworks is at risk of closure with thousands of jobs at stake.

Union leaders and local politicians are calling for bosses Tata to come up with an urgent rescue plan for Port Talbot, warning: “It is 10 minutes to midnight.”

The plant in South Wales is the country’s biggest steel plant, employing 4,500 people and thousands more in the supply chain.

Closing the site would be a hammer blow for the UK’s beleaguered steel industry which has lost thousands of workers in the last three months.

Union leaders at Port Talbot are urging the management to come forward with an emergency plan to save the plant, which is reportedly losing £1million a week...
And Osborne had the nerve to come to Wales to deliver his cocktail of risks speech. They cannot allow the entire UK steel industry to go to the wall - surely.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

yahyah wrote:Having been away from digital media, there is a sense of strangeness about a lot of reporting and stories in the headlines.

Maybe I'm the conspiracy theorist now, but it almost seems like exactly the sort of thing designed to create bad feeling against migrants.
I don't know what to make of that either. Except that it must have been awful for the women concerned - absolutely terrifying. (I've seen reports saying similar happened in Helsinki as well).
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Fracking test explosions allowed without planning permission
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35193788" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk ... ot-7137638" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Britain’s largest steelworks is at risk of closure with thousands of jobs at stake.

Union leaders and local politicians are calling for bosses Tata to come up with an urgent rescue plan for Port Talbot, warning: “It is 10 minutes to midnight.”

The plant in South Wales is the country’s biggest steel plant, employing 4,500 people and thousands more in the supply chain.

Closing the site would be a hammer blow for the UK’s beleaguered steel industry which has lost thousands of workers in the last three months.

Union leaders at Port Talbot are urging the management to come forward with an emergency plan to save the plant, which is reportedly losing £1million a week...
And Osborne had the nerve to come to Wales to deliver his cocktail of risks speech. They cannot allow the entire UK steel industry to go to the wall - surely.

Awful news, but doesn't sound like closure is on the cards. Stephen Kinnock thinks it's hundreds of jobs.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Sky News ‏@SkyNews 3m3 minutes ago
Gunmen Open Fire At Egyptian Beach Resort http://news.sky.com/story/1619406/gunme ... ach-resort" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:

He's in China's pocket...Course he will
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

Feminism a Neo-Con Tool

Thanks, Ms.Riots. It's a good piece.

Glad to know I am in good company with my view on the "ridiculous" Phillips.

One comment, from Sixer, stood out for me - it's the Labour leadership candidates regarding Tory welfare reform and whether they agree with the proposed policies -
"Liz Kendall: Yes. Labour is not the party of welfare;
Yvette Cooper: Yes. Tough decisions blah blah blah;
Andy Burnham: I don't know. My triangulation optics report is late;
Jeremy Corbyn: No. The bill is ant-women.
All media feminists: VOTE YVETTE! SHE'S A WOMAN!
Ergo, in my view, Jeremy Corbyn was the only feminist standing in the Labour leadership contest and all the media feminists are a waste (of very noisy) space".

Quite, Sixer, quite.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Blimey. I have a ladybird crawling up the wall indoors.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ohsocynical wrote:Blimey. I have a ladybird crawling up the wall indoors.
We had wasps flying around everywhere last week ....
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Kuenssberg will doubtless be all over the Port Talbot situation.

From just before Christmas.

http://www.parliament.uk/business/commi ... hed-15-16/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The BIS Committee found that while the Government identified the steel industry as of vital importance, Whitehall did not have effective warning systems in place to detect and address mounting problems in the industry. The Committee also found that a lack of action at EU level, and a failure by UK Governments to push for EU action, helped leave the UK heavily exposed to Chinese dumping, a global oversupply of steel, and a ‘perfect storm’ of difficulties for the industry.
Pressure on David Cameron?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Conor Pope
‏@Conorpope
Labour has lodged an official complaint with the BBC about its role in "orchestrating the on-air resignation of a shadow minister".
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Labour Complaint re BBC Doughty Resignation.jpg
Labour Complaint re BBC Doughty Resignation.jpg (47.47 KiB) Viewed 6238 times
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

RobertSnozers wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
At the risk of drawing comments about lizards and foil hats, if the BBC didn't think the Doughty resignation was in any way dodgy, why did they pull the blog about it so quickly?

Evening all

I think this is a good move by Labour...it could get someone to tell the appalling Kuenssberg to wind her neck in...she is absolutely terrible!

I am not someone who is easily annoyed by BBC political journalists either...I have a grudging respect for Andrew Neil, and I tolerated Robinson. Marr was pretty bad, and still is, but I remember Vincent Hanna and John Cole from my youth who were another level.

Kuenssberg is so blatant though it is a joke and I would not be surprised if someone has a word with her....if they don't then the management is just as bad.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

RobertSnozers wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
At the risk of drawing comments about lizards and foil hats, if the BBC didn't think the Doughty resignation was in any way dodgy, why did they pull the blog about it so quickly?
Somewhere on Twitter earlier this evening, I read that the guilty article was only meant for training puposes. :?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Just one local council by-election to begin 2016:

Carlisle DC - Independent gain from Labour, the turnout of about 17% low by normal circumstances but could have been still worse given that this has been an area devastated by the recent flooding. This has traditionally been a Labour ward (Tories last won seats here in the 1999 all outs following boundary changes) but in recent years Independents have made significant inroads, first winning the Cumbria CC division here in 2009 (it then had the same boundaries, they were altered in 2013 but the Indy also won the redrawn seat) then at district level in 2010 on GE day and then - in a landslide - four years later; Labour won in the in between years but the Independent vote remained significant and they only narrowly lost to Labour last May despite the GE in this key marginal boosting the party political vote. Labour's share was actually up a fraction since last year, but the Indies advanced to just over half - seemingly benefiting from both UKIP (who got 14% then) and the Greens withdrawing from the fray this time round. Tories remaining third, but also clearly down compared with last time.

Again just one contest next week - at the other end of England (Cornwall) this time.
Last edited by AnatolyKasparov on Fri 08 Jan, 2016 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Kuenssberg will doubtless be all over the Port Talbot situation.

From just before Christmas.

http://www.parliament.uk/business/commi ... hed-15-16/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The BIS Committee found that while the Government identified the steel industry as of vital importance, Whitehall did not have effective warning systems in place to detect and address mounting problems in the industry. The Committee also found that a lack of action at EU level, and a failure by UK Governments to push for EU action, helped leave the UK heavily exposed to Chinese dumping, a global oversupply of steel, and a ‘perfect storm’ of difficulties for the industry.
Pressure on David Cameron?
Some hope. He doesn't do pressure. He chillaxes.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ohsocynical wrote:
RobertSnozers wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Somewhere on Twitter earlier this evening, I read that the guilty article was only meant for training puposes. :?
My immediate response to that is - absolute crap. Seriously, is that what they intend to come out with? Training who - for what? Training future Kuenssberg's on how to do it the Beeb way? And how would a training document get published?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
RobertSnozers wrote: At the risk of drawing comments about lizards and foil hats, if the BBC didn't think the Doughty resignation was in any way dodgy, why did they pull the blog about it so quickly?
My immediate response to that is - absolute crap. Seriously, is that what they intend to come out with? Training who - for what? Training future Kuenssberg's on how to do it the Beeb way? And how would a training document get published?
There'll be all sorts of lame excuses. In the meantime they're saying LK has gone to ground. Doing a Lucy Allen.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

I'm going to enjoy ITV news in the brief period before it gets Allegra Strattonised.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

China turmoil takes toll on global stocks in turbulent start to 2016

"...losses of more than $2tn in the first week of the new year after worries about
China’s faltering growth and turmoil on its stock exchanges reverberated around
the world.

...just hours to go to the closing bell in the US, global markets looked on course
to have rung in 2016 with trillions of dollars of losses...global stock markets had
lost $2.23tn since the start of the year based on the S&P Global Broad Market
index (BMI).

The losses amounted to “more than the estimated US student loan debt and 12%
of the US debt,” noted Howard Silverblatt, senior index analyst at S&P Dow Jones
indices.

There were also sharp moves on commodity markets. The prospect of weaker global
growth coupled with a supply glut pushed the price of crude oil to its lowest level for
almost 12 years.
"

http://www.theguardian.com/business/201 ... are-prices" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(my bold)

Total US student loan debt in addition to 12% of US debt - holy smokes - how does
someone lose a couple trillion dollars? Yeah, with the environmental damage people
been doing to the planet, especially during the last hundred years, I can easy see
we've said goodbye to more than a couple trillion worth of value. But that's not
what markets are about, are they? And we can't get a new environment at
shopping.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Cameron could extend tax credits ban to British expats to reach EU deal
Prime minister is looking at whether ban on in-work benefits could also apply to Britons living abroad for four years or more

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... ish-expats" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Isn't all this a bit of a mute point - given that tax credits are going to be phased out as universal credit is phased in? The UC 'benefits' for those future claimants are going to be far less of a pull factor as David Cameron likes to insist the UK in work benefits are. There will also be greater restrictions re number of children etc.

Or am I being really dense?

I rather liked Donuthingeparty's comment BTL on the EU negotiations can't happen unless the DWP release the information on how they are classifying 'migrant' households story in the G today ... something along the lines of having a wife from South Africa which makes their children possibly migrants and how David Cameron can expect a punch if he tries to discriminate against them in the future. Looks like Cameron is probably pretty willing to barter away rights of UK citizens to look as if he's got a deal.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ohsocynical wrote:Blimey. I have a ladybird crawling up the wall indoors.
We've had them for years. My husband and I joke we brought them from California
moving here.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

yahyah wrote:Having been away from digital media, there is a sense of strangeness about a lot of reporting and stories in the headlines.

Very wise post, yahyah.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Fracking test explosions allowed without planning permission
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35193788" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm frightened.

this is end game energy exploitation, it will destroy areas of the country, this has to be stopped
Last edited by citizenJA on Fri 08 Jan, 2016 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Massive applause for Heidi Alexander on Any Questions - telling it how it is re Jeremy Hunt and his appalling 'negotiation' tactics re the new contract for the junior doctors and the insult of his claiming the NHS and they aren't already working 7 days a week.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

howsillyofme1 wrote:
RobertSnozers wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Evening all

I think this is a good move by Labour...it could get someone to tell the appalling Kuenssberg to wind her neck in...she is absolutely terrible!

I am not someone who is easily annoyed by BBC political journalists either...I have a grudging respect for Andrew Neil, and I tolerated Robinson. Marr was pretty bad, and still is, but I remember Vincent Hanna and John Cole from my youth who were another level.

Kuenssberg is so blatant though it is a joke and I would not be surprised if someone has a word with her....if they don't then the management is just as bad.
Evening.

I agree with you about Labour formally lodging a complaint.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

That James Lyons tweet about Labour is patronising rudeness.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

Does anyone know what the timeline of the resignation was?

There are claims that he had already tendered his resignation to Corbyn but the indication from the complaint is that this was not the case. That is also the impression I got from the blog post

If the resignation was announced on air before there was any communication with the party then it seems to back the interpretation that it was engineered

If this is the case then her position is untenable - the Labour Party should withdraw all cooperation with the BBC - no interviews, nothing - but continue with the other news companies.

Anytime that a request is made for an interview the reasons should be made quite clear why there is no cooperation

I would imagine that there are a lot of serious journalists at the BBC who would be very uncomfortable with this approach - and some of the papers might use it as another case to bash the Beeb (which I used to care about but less and less concerned now)

At the very least I guess Kuenssberg will find it difficult to recover her credibility - twitter is brutal at the moment - and she seems to have gone into hiding...
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Beth RigbyVerified account
‏@BethRigby

#Doughtygate Blog written for BBC training academy & meant for internal eyes only. BBC insiders say they didn't realise it'd be tweeted out
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Debate at Guardian about BBC and Stephen Doughty's resignation

http://michaelrosenblog.blogspot.co.uk/ ... l?spref=tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ohsocynical wrote:Beth RigbyVerified account
‏@BethRigby

#Doughtygate Blog written for BBC training academy & meant for internal eyes only. BBC insiders say they didn't realise it'd be tweeted out
It wasn't tweeted out - it was published and then withdrawn ... And I find it very hard to believe that they would be writing something so quickly and contemporaneously for training purposes. The producer of the programme - wasn't he apparently the blog's author? - would have had to be working pdq - and I still want to know what exactly the training purpose was?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

bbc.jpg
bbc.jpg (47.85 KiB) Viewed 6133 times
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ohsocynical wrote:Debate at Guardian about BBC and Stephen Doughty's resignation

http://michaelrosenblog.blogspot.co.uk/ ... l?spref=tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes - he posted these comments BTL on the story earlier - and I thought they were very interesting. Good that he's done this.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

howsillyofme1 wrote:Does anyone know what the timeline of the resignation was?

There are claims that he had already tendered his resignation to Corbyn but the indication from the complaint is that this was not the case. That is also the impression I got from the blog post

If the resignation was announced on air before there was any communication with the party then it seems to back the interpretation that it was engineered

If this is the case then her position is untenable - the Labour Party should withdraw all cooperation with the BBC - no interviews, nothing - but continue with the other news companies.

Anytime that a request is made for an interview the reasons should be made quite clear why there is no cooperation

I would imagine that there are a lot of serious journalists at the BBC who would be very uncomfortable with this approach - and some of the papers might use it as another case to bash the Beeb (which I used to care about but less and less concerned now)

At the very least I guess Kuenssberg will find it difficult to recover her credibility - twitter is brutal at the moment - and she seems to have gone into hiding...
Somewhere on Twitter they posted his resignation email which has a timeline. Only minuts in it as far as I can remember. And Andrew Neil says they got the message to Cameron with just a couple of minutes to spare.

I've been trying to find it....
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Found this. Andrew Neils idea?

http://linkis.com/evolvepolitics.com/3MjS7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ohsocynical wrote:

Somewhere on Twitter they posted his resignation email which has a timeline. Only minuts in it as far as I can remember. And Andrew Neil says they got the message to Cameron with just a couple of minutes to spare.

It's on Peter Jukes twitter feed. He sent his resignation email at 11.51 It is doubtful whether Corbyn would have actually known about it before PMQs - but the BBC made sure Cameron did.
Hobiejoe
Minister of State

Post by Hobiejoe »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:

It's on Peter Jukes twitter feed. He sent his resignation email at 11.51 It is doubtful whether Corbyn would have actually known about it before PMQs - but the BBC made sure Cameron did.
And there you have it. You could argue about the "scoop" aspect in getting the story, but making sure Cameron knew in time for PMQs in order to benefit politically is outrageous.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

What time was the resignation on TV?

Tories can watch TV with the best of them.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:What time was the resignation on TV?

Just found this: ALIPALLY10000 Retweeted
Phil Edwards ‏@Flandyke 2h2 hours ago

@peterjukes @nytamann ...what with the email being sent at 11:51, the statement being made at 11:56 and PMQs starting at 12:00.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

BBC Response.jpg
BBC Response.jpg (65.07 KiB) Viewed 4252 times
Hobiejoe
Minister of State

Post by Hobiejoe »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:What time was the resignation on TV?

Hey now! Less of the sensible commenting please. I was working up to an enjoyable froth of indignation, perhaps with even a spot of outrage to liven up my evening.

Spoilsport.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Cheers.

4 minutes to get message to Cameron, that's possible.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Robbie Gibb?

That'll be the brother of Schools Minister Nick Gibb then, right?

Evening all...I noticed that Kuenssberg hasn't tweeted at all today. has she been told to keep away from it?

Worth remembering that ex-BBC Head of News Craig Oliver is Cameron's head of communications...I would imagine the smoking gun would be a communication between the BBC and Oliver.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Flood warnings for:
England and Wales
10:08pm Friday 08 January 2016

North Bank Road alongside the River Nene, east of Peterborough and west of Dog-in-a-Doublet Sluice

Heavy rain over the past few days has caused river levels to rise on the River Nene. During periods of high tide
the river will be unable to discharge into the sea, resulting in tide lock conditions. This is likely to lead to localised
flooding at North Bank Road.

20 Flood warnings - flooding is expected. Immediate action required.
► 20 Flood warnings - flooding is expected. Immediate action required.
112 Flood alerts - flooding is possible. Be prepared.
► 112 Flood alerts - flooding is possible. Be prepared.
64 Warnings no longer in force - flood warnings and flood alerts removed in the last 24 hours.
► 64 Warnings no longer in force - flood warnings and flood alerts removed in the last 24 hours.

https://flood-warning-information.servi ... k/warnings" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;