Thursday 21st January 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 21st January 2016

Post by rebeccariots2 »

‘Fair Tax Town’ co-organiser launches campaign to join HMRC board
http://voxpoliticalonline.com/2016/01/2 ... mrc-board/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Working on the wild side.
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

ohsocynical wrote:4:30 and it isn't dark yet. :dance: There is light at the end of the tunnel. :D
And only 5+weeks until March!
How are you and Mr Ohso?And rebeccariots,has it stopped raining yet?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

BBC Shropshire ‏@BBCShropshire 38m38 minutes ago
Telford MP Lucy Allan pulls out of BBC interview after being told she can't veto questions. http://bbc.in/1KsY5Ja" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:lol: Where are these people made? What makes them think they can rule the roost no matter what or who?
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Excellent and very scary read by Paul Mason.
Paul Mason ‏@paulmasonnews 5h5 hours ago
As 3rd boom-bust cycle gathers momentum, this time it’s different. Unfortunately. Blog: http://blogs.channel4.com/paul-mason-bl ... rends/4336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
... A lot of people on social media are asking: what should governments do? And that’s partly the problem: there are things individual governments and central banks can do. China can devalue, America can inflate away its debt a little, the Eurozone can print more money and target it better, Germany can abandon its “black zero” policy (it will have to anyway because of the refugee crisis).

What we’re not seeing this time is the kind of co-ordinated political action of the kind Gordon Brown attempted at the G20 in London in September 2009. All national politicians are now looking over their shoulders to threats at home: Merkel to Pegida, the centrist politicians in the US to Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump, Hollande to the Front National.

And investors read the newspapers. They can sense the different atmosphere, the exhaustion of the political cycle in the USA and Germany, and that too is different to 2008.
[/quote

The scariest thing about this,imo,is that when/if it all happens we will have those clueless fools Cameron and Osborne steering us out of the storm.
I wish Gordon Brown was back.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Alison McGovern Retweeted
Scott Arthur ‏@DrScottThinks 21h21 hours ago
Fife Council leader says SNP tax freeze is ‘more hurtful than Thatcher’ http://fw.to/OPYgAIC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Peter Jukes Retweeted
Kate Magee ‏@katemagee 4h4 hours ago
Ex-Downing St comms chief Andy Coulson to set up PR agency w/ Henry Chappell (ex-Freuds). Good story @John_Harring http://bit.ly/1RBn70s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Peter Jukes Retweeted
James Doleman ‏@jamesdoleman 1h1 hour ago
'Andy is an expert at listening to the public."

http://www.prweek.com/article/1380385/e ... -pr-agency" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
:lol: I think this might be hysteria setting in.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Press Gazette
‏@pressgazette
Website ABCs, December 2015: Sun website traffic slips in first month after scrapping of paywall http://ow.ly/XmnIM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

James Doleman ‏@jamesdoleman 3h3 hours ago
James Doleman Retweeted Press Gazette
Sun scraps it's paywall, traffic goes down.

Peter Jukes ‏@peterjukes 3h3 hours ago
The bigger problem is collapse of ONLINE ad revenues last year. 30% drop last summer @GeordieStory @jamesdoleman

Peter Jukes ‏@peterjukes 3h3 hours ago
Brooks' remit is to rethink digital strategy - with a ten year lag behind Guardian/Mail @JaspJackson @GeordieStory @jamesdoleman
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Rebecca wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:4:30 and it isn't dark yet. :dance: There is light at the end of the tunnel. :D
Mr Ohso has an appointment at the hospital on 27th [our wedding anniversary] so that they can set up his chemo treatment.

I'd like to get under the covers and hibernate. Around July would be a good time to get up.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Rebecca wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:Excellent and very scary read by Paul Mason.
Paul Mason ‏@paulmasonnews 5h5 hours ago
As 3rd boom-bust cycle gathers momentum, this time it’s different. Unfortunately. Blog: http://blogs.channel4.com/paul-mason-bl ... rends/4336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
... A lot of people on social media are asking: what should governments do? And that’s partly the problem: there are things individual governments and central banks can do. China can devalue, America can inflate away its debt a little, the Eurozone can print more money and target it better, Germany can abandon its “black zero” policy (it will have to anyway because of the refugee crisis).

What we’re not seeing this time is the kind of co-ordinated political action of the kind Gordon Brown attempted at the G20 in London in September 2009. All national politicians are now looking over their shoulders to threats at home: Merkel to Pegida, the centrist politicians in the US to Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump, Hollande to the Front National.

And investors read the newspapers. They can sense the different atmosphere, the exhaustion of the political cycle in the USA and Germany, and that too is different to 2008.
[/quote

The scariest thing about this,imo,is that when/if it all happens we will have those clueless fools Cameron and Osborne steering us out of the storm.
I wish Gordon Brown was back.
We'll be up the proverbial smelly creek ...They aren't up to it. At least Brown and Darling had a grasp on the subject.

But those two?
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

ohsocynical wrote:
Rebecca wrote:
Mr Ohso has an appointment at the hospital on 27th [our wedding anniversary] so that they can set up his chemo treatment.

I'd like to get under the covers and hibernate. Around July would be a good time to get up.

Poor Mr Ohso,hope it isn't too bad.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

James O'BrienVerified account
‏@mrjamesob James O'Brien Retweeted BBC Shropshire
From Prime Ministers to Hollywood stars, I've never even been asked to let an interviewee veto questions!

Toby Perkins ‏@tobyperkinsmp 4m4 minutes ago
Toby Perkins Retweeted James O'Brien
Prime Ministers pah! You obviously don't realise how precious the Hon Member for Telford is.
How deep can she dig that hole?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Paul Waugh ‏@paulwaugh 5m5 minutes ago
Why Jeremy Corbyn's policy chief quit. It wasn't over a personality clash or a 'row' with any individual. http://huff.to/1lzNvto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pretty non wincemaking read until some of those supremely helpful quotes from 'senior party sources' at the end.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

RobertSnozers wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
BBC Shropshire ‏@BBCShropshire 38m38 minutes ago
Telford MP Lucy Allan pulls out of BBC interview after being told she can't veto questions. http://bbc.in/1KsY5Ja" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:lol: Where are these people made? What makes them think they can rule the roost no matter what or who?
Her majority is about 730 I think. I imagine Telford's flirtation with Tory represntation might be a once-only affair.
I reckon if Labour can't take this one back, we might as well shut up shop....
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

UKIP 'cronyism' assembly election selection row
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-35375025" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A prominent UKIP member has criticised "cronyism" in the party, in a row about selecting assembly election candidates.
Kevin Mahoney said he will quit UKIP if ex-Tory MPs Neil Hamilton and Mark Reckless are chosen to stand.
UKIP has not formally announced any candidates, but Mr Mahoney said he had been endorsed as lead candidate for the South Wales Central region by the party's national executive committee.
Another meeting of the committee is scheduled for Friday.
He said Mr Reckless, Mr Hamilton and the party's head of media in Wales, Alexandra Phillips, "have no political association with Wales".
Mr Mahoney stood as a candidate in the Vale of Glamorgan, where he is a county councillor, at the 2015 general election...
I cannot believe - I just don't want to believe - that Wales could vote in either Hamilton or Reckless or Phillips .... if any of them end up on the list for mid and west Wales I hope they are well and truly challenged about the cronyism - not to mention their backgrounds and policies.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Rebecca wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
Rebecca wrote: And only 5+weeks until March!

Poor Mr Ohso,hope it isn't too bad.
He's not looking forward to it, but he says whatever it takes.

They tell us he'll be radioactive for a couple of days after each session, and I will have to take precautions. :shock:

It'll be a unique wedding anniversary that's for sure. :rock:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Looking at the bios of those 3 Ukip potential candidates for the regional lists in Wales ... Neil Hamilton apparently grew up in Carmarthenshire so - heaven forbid, no, no, no, please - he might be targeting the mid and west Wales region.

And - mainly for yahyah - that could be on top of this charmer that the Tories have selected.
Tory convicted of animal offences selected to top regional list in Welsh Assembly election
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/polit ... d-10466398" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
... A statement issued by Welsh Labour said: “It beggars belief that the Tories have selected a man that just last month was fined after admitting a string of animal health offences in court.

“These despicable actions were not the first time that Aled Davies has been caught committing animal health offences, having already received a caution.

“As a serial offender he was warned he’ll face prison if caught offending again. Andrew RT Davies and the Welsh Tories should be suspending him, not selecting him.

“Allowing Aled Davies to stand shows remarkably poor judgment from Andrew RT Davies and totally undermines the Tories’ credibility in Mid and West Wales.”

Conviction
Mr Davies was fined in October after animal health officers from the county council visited his farm at Llansilin in north Powys and found nine sheep carcasses said to have been dead for two weeks.

He also admitted failing to register the death of a cow...

Mr Davies already had a caution for similar offences...
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ia ... ed-7217871" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Iain Duncan Smith has already slashed support for the disabled. Now he wants to cut it further
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Kidnappers, child sex offenders and drug dealers listed among applicants for west London teaching jobs

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/wes ... ar_twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
At first I thought Wow! but if the DWP demands each person looking for a job fills in a certain amount of applications a week, it doesn't seem so bad. I'd heard that whether someone is suitable for the job or not doesn't matter.

Edited to add. But I hope all the checks are in place and being followed.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

If you've ever said the benefits system isn't harsh enough, you need to hear about my life as a widowed carer
At one point I sent out six birth certificates - one for each member of my family, including my deceased husband – as well as our marriage certificate and his death certificate at the same time: our entire family’s lives confined to one small envelope
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/if- ... 25946.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's a heartbreaking and appalling account.

When is this hideous regime going to be stopped ....?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I got hit by the Bereavement Allowance/CA thing but of course I no longer cared(CA continues for 8 weeks-useful if no financial difference in credited NI)
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Former SNP deputy leader Jim Sillars: I'm backing campaign for UK to leave EU
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/1422 ... ef=mr&lp=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Number of overseas visitors to Scotland sees sharp fall

Read more: http://www.scotsman.com/news/number-of- ... z3xuegsTpc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Follow us: @TheScotsman on Twitter | TheScotsmanNewspaper on Facebook
Never mind though
... Despite a disappointing performance from foreign tourists, the number of domestic visitors north of the border - from England, Wales and elsewhere in Scotland - rose by nine per cent, while the amount they spent while visiting grew 14 per cent to £3.2 billion...
It's a slightly confusing article with various sets of figures given one after the other ... but I think the gist of it is that UK / domestic visitors were up and spent more ... overseas visitors were down and spent less ... Scottish govt hail successful tourism.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://disabilitynow.org.uk/2016/01/21/ ... -the-plot/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PIP migration: has the Government lost the plot?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
Willow904 wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
It certainly chimes with my impression. The SNP is a strange beast. Some of their proposals are very interesting, such as on land reform and local income tax, but these never seem to come to anything. Judge them on their actions and I struggle to see how they differ much from New Labour.
One unequivocally good thing they have done - the law on vicarious liability.

A change the rest of the UK should follow ASAP - but won't as long as the Tories are in power.
(my bold)

It's not the same thing, I know, but thinking of vicarious liability led me to think about bailiffs. I can't get my head around bailiffs.
Private-hire rustlers of payment owed to another. The nature of a bailiffs' job causes compromised safety, breaches sanctuary of
home and poses unacceptable danger to both the debtor and members of the debtors' household disproportionate to the method
of retrieving a sum of money owed. There's so much wrong with this cowboy disruption of peace.

I was taught police officers, specially trained, uniformed, documented, law enforcement personnel were the only vested
authority with the heady power legally permitted to bust the door down and collar a criminal - lawful warrant duly obtained
prior the proceedings, making the action in compliance with the rule of law. Where I grew up, regular law enforcement
authorities feelings about private bailiffs were decidedly negative. Head-shaking, low, growling sounds and offended
sensibilities all around, I remember.

Owing money to another and falling behind in payment didn't lead to law enforcement showing up attempting to rustle
up goods or cash unless it was owed to the US government - and then the Internal Revenue Service could be counted
on to politely close down a business and/or arrest a defaulting tax evader. None of this happens as a bolt out of blue.
Notifications sent, communications attempted in order to avoid closure or arrest. It's not personal, the IRS aren't
angry, they're disappointed - it's the duty of citizens making use of civilisation to pay to fund it fairly.

I understand what I've written about law enforcement where I grew up didn't and doesn't always work as it should
- historical and contemporary aberrations, non-compliance of just and fair laws, known to all, applied to everyone,
without favour or prejudice, occur. It's good when it works - justice and fair play isn't a theoretical idea, it can and
does function effectively in practice.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

From above
"there are few aspects of life that don’t actually cost you more if you have a disability, and it varies from person to person dependent on their needs and their interests. It’s not always easy to quantify: that’s the whole point of a benefit like this: to arrive at a notional cost which is as fair as you can make it."
It just may be that we’ve lost sight of quite a simple principle: that disability costs money, as true now, if not truer, than when the so-called outdated Disability Living Allowance was introduced in the 1990s.
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

StephenDolan wrote:My referendum? Political commentators would be using that phrase for years if a Labour leader had made such a claim.....

People try to put me d-down (Talkin' 'bout my referendum)
Just because i arse around (Talkin' 'bout my referendum )
Things I say sound awefully b-b-bold (Talkin' 'bout my referendum )
But I'm out of my depth if the truth is told (Talkin' 'bout my referendum)

This is my referendum
This is my referendum , baby

I've got the Midas touch, but in reverse(Talkin' 'bout my referendum)
And some personal habits that are quite peverse (Talkin' 'bout my referendum )
Can't stand it when things don't go my way(Talkin' 'bout my referendum )
But in or out, I get to stay (Talkin' 'bout my referendum)

This is my referendum

Why don't you all f-fade away (Talkin' 'bout my referendum)
It's all a pig's breakfast any w-w-way (Talkin' 'bout my referendum)
I'm going to cause a big s-s-secessation(Talkin' 'bout my referendum)
I'm just not talkin' 'bout r-r-r-resignation(Talkin' 'bout my referendum)

This is my referendum
This is my referendum, baby

(Apologies to Pete Townsend)
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

tinybgoat wrote:
StephenDolan wrote:My referendum? Political commentators would be using that phrase for years if a Labour leader had made such a claim.....

People try to put me d-down (Talkin' 'bout my referendum)
Just because i arse around (Talkin' 'bout my referendum )
Things I say sound awefully b-b-bold (Talkin' 'bout my referendum )
But I'm out of my depth if the truth is told (Talkin' 'bout my referendum)

This is my referendum

I've got the Midas touch, but in reverse(Talkin' 'bout my referendum)
And some personal habits that are quite peverse (Talkin' 'bout my referendum )
Can't stand it when things don't go my way(Talkin' 'bout my referendum )
But in or out, I get to stay (Talkin' 'bout my referendum)

This is my referendum

Why don't you all f-fade away (Talkin' 'bout my referendum)
It's all a pig's breakfast any w-w-way (Talkin' 'bout my referendum)
I'm going to cause a big s-s-secessation(Talkin' 'bout my referendum)
I'm just not talkin' 'bout r-r-r-resignation(Talkin' 'bout my referendum)

This is my referendum
This is my referendum, baby

(Apologies to Pete Townsend)
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Round of applause.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/to ... rt-7220930" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tories had shocking Bedroom Tax report for a week before slipping it out on "bury bad news day
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

StephenDolan wrote:Individual tax relief has certainly leapt up under Osborne.

09-10 740million
14-15 1180million
The UK deficit doesn't matter then?
The UK can afford individuals' utilising UK civilisation, profiting from its existence but not contributing to its maintenance?
Are some enjoying tax relief beyond our means?
We've a list of 'Things UK Civilisation Needs' without funding not getting done.
This is terrible economic management from Tory government, irresponsible and careless.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://press.labour.org.uk/post/1377458 ... d-to-close" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

because of housing benefit cuts - John Healey

John Healey MP, Labour’s Shadow Cabinet Minister for Housing and Planning, responding to a survey released today which reveals that 95 per cent of specialist housing providers could be forced to close accommodation for the most vulnerable because of housing benefit cuts
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

hope it dies before it's old
nearly six years has delighted us long enough
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

@ tinybgoat
Brilliant
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Too many bastards live to an old age,too many decent die too young.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.localgov.co.uk/Ombudsman-cal ... ents/40183" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ombudsman calls for clearer advice on disability payments
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

RobertSnozers wrote:PS Anyone know what happened to @TelfordTaurus? - his account seems to have been deleted
I don't know that contributor.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"The LGO also found the council had 'failed to keep adequate records including her care needs assessment and records of meetings, and did not provide the woman with clear information about its assessments and calculations'.

Together with a series of other failings, it left the woman without a proper support plan and meant she had less care than she should have received.

'[She] has not had an accurate financial assessment since 2010 so is likely to have been wrongly charged, and has suffered significant and avoidable distress and frustration.'

Fight for care,monitor that care,ensure that care.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:Too many bastards live to an old age,too many decent die too young.
Current Tory leadership doesn't represent the people and country responsibly and I look forward to better government soon.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/an ... ar_twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anguish of mum and son betrayed by Tories and left to rot by Iain Duncan Smith
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ohsocynical wrote:
Rebecca wrote:

I send you and Mr Ohso my love.
Health, hope, hibernation and honeymoons.

citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

RobertSnozers wrote:
citizenJA wrote:
RobertSnozers wrote:PS Anyone know what happened to @TelfordTaurus? - his account seems to have been deleted
I don't know that contributor.
I think he's called Neil Phillips. He's a previously staunch Tory who has been trying to get Allan to produce the 'unless you die' email, and has received threatening communications from her accusing him of all sorts.

His blog is here http://neilphillips2016.blogspot.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you, RobertSnozers.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Flood warnings for:
England and Wales
10:43pm Thursday 21 January 2016

3 Flood warnings - flooding is expected. Immediate action required.
► 3 Flood warnings - flooding is expected. Immediate action required.
14 Flood alerts - flooding is possible. Be prepared.
► 14 Flood alerts - flooding is possible. Be prepared.
2 Warnings no longer in force - flood warnings and flood alerts removed in the last 24 hours.
► 2 Warnings no longer in force - flood warnings and flood alerts removed in the last 24 hours.

https://flood-warning-information.servi ... k/warnings" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Jim Pickard ‏@PickardJE 40m40 minutes ago
My understanding is that Simon Fletcher had to be persuaded to join the Corbyn campaign last summer - but he's staying put for now.

Simon Fletcher
‏@fletchersimon
@PickardJE Your 'understanding' is entirely wrong. I didn't need persuading at all. And it is the best & most rewarding thing I've ever done
'Understanding' - the journalist's catch all.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

VW rejects call to compensate European drivers over emissions scandal
European commissioner for industry had urged German carmaker to pay out to 8.5m European drivers

http://www.theguardian.com/business/201 ... ns-scandal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"...VW has promised to remove the device, but has no plans to pay compensation.
The company argues it has done nothing illegal under EU law."
I'm sorry for everyone associated with VW who'd nothing to do with the crime committed. I'm sorry for those who committed the crime - those who decided to go ahead and manufacture illegally equipped vehicles, selling them years before getting caught and admitting they'd deliberately made the vehicles give false measurements of pollution emitted from millions of these vehicles all over the world. I'm sorry for the lives cut short and health compromised of people with nothing to do with VW and the crime committed.

Regardless of any punishment or non-punishment of VW, what's happened isn't going to go away. I will never forget what's happened, what VW have admitted doing, having been caught and having to admit yes, for years, VW knowingly, intentionally manufactured products fraudulently equipped for sale in the EU, the US. I won't forget the shocking statement from VW I've posted above. VW argues it has done nothing illegal under EU law.

This is hard. It's hard knowing it's been admitted. It's a fact the crime happened. I stand watching for mistakes corrected and not done again but it's not happening like that. I'm expected to obey the law, laws and rules are good, I agree and I must ask others to obey law too.

Goodnight, everyone.
love,
cJA
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Evening all. In the middle of writing a long post on where academies policy is now given the week's events but just saw this.

Troops to Teachers scheme misses target

https://www.tes.com/news/school-news/br ... ses-target

A controversial scheme to turn former military personnel into teachers has trained just a sixth of its target number of veterans during the first two years, TES can reveal.

The Troops to Teachers initiative had 180 places for its first cohort, which completed training this month. But only 32 people have finished the course and become teachers.

The government-backed scheme had attracted controversy from the start because the plans to retrain former soldiers as teachers were sold as a way to bring a “military ethos” into struggling schools.

John Howson, director of TeachVac and an expert in teacher recruitment, said that he would be surprised if the scheme continued as a separate entity in the long term.
:roll:
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... l-releases" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Disability Living Allowance claimants in hospital Ad hoc statistics on Disability Living Allowance claimants in hospital. This data has been used to provide evidence within an equality analysis in relation to the case of Cameron Mathieson [2015] UKSC 47.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-33442942" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

HindleA wrote:https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... l-releases

"Disability Living Allowance claimants in hospital Ad hoc statistics on Disability Living Allowance claimants in hospital. This data has been used to provide evidence within an equality analysis in relation to the case of Cameron Mathieson [2015] UKSC 47.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-33442942" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Which reminds me... Seriously it does but has nothing to do with this government or IDS' stewardship of the DWP since it predates suchlike. My wife's DLA stopped after her brain haemorrhage during her stay in hospital following which it followed her to the care home when she was discharged. I don't actually know what happened to it thereafter as presumably it was meant for her since the care home costs were shared between social services and myself (told my contribution with no means testing as such). Whether or not it contributed to care charges it was not spent by her. Meanwhile our household budget had fallen plus I'm digging deep to pay for the home, usually by credit card. Just saying.

Postscript: I did enquire about her DLA of social services at the time and it was they that said it would follow her.
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

HindleA wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/to ... rt-7220930
Tories had shocking Bedroom Tax report for a week before slipping it out on "bury bad news day
As with some of the other stuff you've highlighted, A, such as the inadequacy of DWP reports by the Lord's committee on 23rd December. A mention here or even at the G hardly spreads the word either. Perhaps a cleverly worded electorate PMQ via Jeremy regarding the latter would be in order although I did notice an early post on AS blog on a PMQs' day seemed to attract a few more readers than normal. Still nowhere near enough.

If I had the funds a nationwide free weekly or monthly paper delivered by volunteers of Tory malfeasance and inadequacies would be inviting, although the msm should do us the service. A carefully chosen front page may pique more than a little interest. Just an idle thought.

Postscript: of course there would have to be an ephe page.
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.