Monday 4th April 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Monday 4th April 2016

Post by HindleA »

Morning

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -back.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Primary school that excluded up to 'thirty disabled children in a year' in a bid to become an academy has rejected calls from education chiefs to allow some of the children back
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 4th April 2016

Post by rebeccariots2 »

HindleA wrote:Morning

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -back.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Primary school that excluded up to 'thirty disabled children in a year' in a bid to become an academy has rejected calls from education chiefs to allow some of the children back

Morning.

That story sounds breathtaking in its nastiness. How much more discrimination and oppression of disabled people will this government facilitate before it can be stopped?
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

UK Government's housing policy targeting homeless families is 'tantamount to social cleansing’
Exclusive: Charities and politicians demand urgent safeguards after Independent investigation uncovers cases of homeless children dying from neglect and abuse

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 66601.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
... The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) is calling for an "urgent review" of out-of-area homeless placements, warning of a "lifelong legacy" of problems for families. Evidence in the report suggested that the transfer of homeless families to other parts of the country could have resulted in suicides and miscarriages, as well as neglect.

Exactly one year ago, on 2 April 2015, the Supreme Court ruled that routinely moving homeless families out of area is unlawful, and numerous cases in senior courts have reiterated councils' duty to notify each other when they move families, many of which are extremely vulnerable. But several legal experts told The Independent that this judgement is being completely ignored. ...
nickyinnorfolk
Minister of State

Post by nickyinnorfolk »

Cameron loses his rag with journos. Revolting photo at top of article, with the Fish Pointer/Porcine Fondler Extraordinaire looking like a cornered rat baring its nasty little teeth.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/an ... ag-7684522" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Mirror also saw fit to put an extract from a German satire programme at the bottom of the page, mocking us about Brexit. The Germans more than anyone should realise that you can't judge a nation on the basis of the awful bloke who somehow ends up in charge ...
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Matthew Ryder
‏@rydermc
More on Grayling's failed policies as Lord Chancellor: only 5% of last £40m of crim court charge has been collected http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/news/non-co ... 22.article" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
and read the comments BTL.

Grayling was truly awful. His legacy drags on.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Chris Bryant MP ‏@RhonddaBryant 2m2 minutes ago
I recall nearly getting a deal done on tax transparency in overseas territories before 2010 election. Coalition promptly abandoned it.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

So, OGRPPFGTCC is pissed off with the the press. Good.

I am not entirely sure what "processology" is, but Slimy Dave seems to know. Now, I wonder.....is it when many/various media get together and find out stuff about how rich people (including his Papa) hide their dosh? Or is it when they don't tell the proles what Dave wants them to hear?

One thing we have learned - he needs his holidays "to think".

We already know that he doesn't go in for this thinking lark when he's supposedly working.

Perhaps he should stay in Lanzarote. Permanently.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

Yanis Varoufakis on R4 now.
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
I recall nearly getting a deal done on tax transparency in overseas territories before 2010 election. Coalition promptly abandoned it.
Ed Miliband's pledges on imposing greater transparency on British Overseas Territories and their tax haven activities was part of why he struggled to get a fair hearing from the press, I suspect. Did Blair get in the way of earlier action?

Anyway, these leaks come from Panama, which will surely turn a spotlight on a certain PM and the activities of his father. Will anyone dare ask questions about Cameron's lack of action re transparency being pushed for by the UN, supported by Miliband, but avoided by the current Tory government? Probably not. The Guardian is leading with Putin. Like anyone's surprised he's got a big stash of money tucked away in an offshore account :roll:

Edited : turned turning into turn!
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Siobhain McDonagh MPVerified account
‏@Siobhain_MP
Watch this excellent @Channel4News report on #BandQ & #NationalLivingWage outrage " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Matthew Ryder
‏@rydermc
More on Grayling's failed policies as Lord Chancellor: only 5% of last £40m of crim court charge has been collected http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/news/non-co ... 22.article" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
and read the comments BTL.

Grayling was truly awful. His legacy drags on.
Chris Grayling used to be a member of the SDP. Really ;)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

Willow904 wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Ed Miliband's pledges on imposing greater transparency on British Overseas Territories and their tax haven activities was part of why he struggled to get a fair hearing from the press, I suspect. Did Blair get in the way of earlier action?

Anyway, these leaks come from Panama, which will surely turn a spotlight on a certain PM and the activities of his father. Will anyone dare ask questions about Cameron's lack of action re transparency being pushed for by the UN, supported by Miliband, but avoided by the current Tory government? Probably not. The Guardian is leading with Putin. Like anyone's surprised he's got a big stash of money tucked away in an offshore account :roll:

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives ... nama-leak/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or maybe Rafael Behr was right. It's a tough one.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

An NHS whistle-blower who raised concerns about patient safety was told she was "too honest"​ ​to work for the organisation, The Telegraph can disclose.

Maha Yassaie, chief pharmacist at the now defunct Berkshire West Primary Care Trust, was told by a human resources consultant that her "values" made it difficult to work for the health service.

The investigator, Kelvin Cheatle, who was brought in from a private law firm to examine bullying claims and has carried out several similar inquiries for other NHS trusts, told the whistle-blower during a meeting: "If I had your values I would find it very difficult to work in the NHS”, according to a transcript of the conversation.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04 ... the-healt/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Eleanor Busby ‏@Eleanor_Busby 2m2 minutes ago
More laughter as @NickGibbMP avoids the word "crisis", saying there has been a recruitment "challenge" #ATLConf2016
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Axe 'the granny flat tax' - Pickles
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04 ... --pickles/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last week, experts said the new tax on granny annexes will encourage families to knock them down before selling, or to avoid constructing the extra space in the first place.

Sir Eric, who in 2014 was praised for axing council tax on granny flats to encourage more to be built, said homeowners "could probably get round it by banging great holes in walls and putting doors".

He said that "even if a small number" of granny annexes were hit by the change every year he "can't for one moment believed that the Treasury intended to do this".
"It is economically illiterate to reverse that policy and it is also morally wrong as well. The Government should be there supporting families - not trying to keep them apart"
Paul Green, a director at Saga
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

NonOxCol wrote:
Willow904 wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives ... nama-leak/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cameron's dad, senior Tories’ offshore asset dealings exposed & UK media still focus on Putin
https://www.rt.com/uk/338300-cameron-pu ... ma-papers/
Sections of the British public have slammed their local media outlets for ignoring the fact Prime Minister David Cameron’s father was caught up in a massive data leak involving possible tax evasion.
A huge leak of more than 11.5 million documents from a Panama-based law firm saw the British media jump to accuse President Vladimir Putin of corruption, despite the Russian president not being named in any of the papers.
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

There was a smear by association regarding Corbyn's brother at a council meeting a couple of weeks ago.

Cameron's late father - nothing.
Osborne's brother - not even in Politics section of BBC website, relationship to Chancellor only mentioned in third paragraph, and also repeatedly described as an "affair" with the patient.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

In other news, it seems some Blairites are really *really* not happy that Jez is going to speak at Glastonbury :)

The comments on this story in the Graun (at least they have opened them, more than can be said for the Panama business) are actually worth reading for once - my favourite is probably "well, anything is better than Coldplay" :lol: :lol:
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

tinybgoat wrote:
NonOxCol wrote:
Willow904 wrote: Ed Miliband's pledges on imposing greater transparency on British Overseas Territories and their tax haven activities was part of why he struggled to get a fair hearing from the press, I suspect. Did Blair get in the way of earlier action?

Cameron's dad, senior Tories’ offshore asset dealings exposed & UK media still focus on Putin
Sections of the British public have slammed their local media outlets for ignoring the fact Prime Minister David Cameron’s father was caught up in a massive data leak involving possible tax evasion.
A huge leak of more than 11.5 million documents from a Panama-based law firm saw the British media jump to accuse President Vladimir Putin of corruption, despite the Russian president not being named in any of the papers.
I can't help it. I think Cameron's father's story is the dead cat to distract from the steel crisis. His tax avoiding company has been public knowledge for ages and nothing much was ever made of it...
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:In other news, it seems some Blairites are really *really* not happy that Jez is going to speak at Glastonbury :)

The comments on this story in the Graun (at least they have opened them, more than can be said for the Panama business) are actually worth reading for once - my favourite is probably "well, anything is better than Coldplay" :lol: :lol:
Damn. Sorry if this is garbled. My memory is playing up this morning. Re Glastonbury. Somewhere recently I read something derogatory about Conservatives and Glastonbury's owner was mentioned as one of them - Badger cull? and the fans probably wouldn't approve if they knew, so I hope Labour checks before they commit him to it.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://press.labour.org.uk/post/1422325 ... -of-forced" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Labour Press
Labour calls for radical rethink of forced academisation of all primary and secondary schools - Lucy Powell
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Yes,Eavis in favour of badger cull.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/e ... under.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Eavis stood for Labour in the 1997 GE, and later switched to the Greens in protest at Blair's wars. But he has also always been pro-hunting. Slightly odd bloke.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

ohsocynical wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:In other news, it seems some Blairites are really *really* not happy that Jez is going to speak at Glastonbury :)

Damn. Sorry if this is garbled. My memory is playing up this morning. Re Glastonbury. Somewhere recently I read something derogatory about Conservatives and Glastonbury's owner was mentioned as one of them - Badger cull? and the fans probably wouldn't approve if they knew, so I hope Labour checks before they commit him to it.
He's not a tory - far from it - but is in favour of the badger cull. Despite that, he is a decent man (I met him a couple of times with my ex who lived near Pilton). I profoundly disagree with him on how to control bovine TB, and manage our natural heritage, although he does have a point about the hedgehog decline, and an ecosystem out of balance. Just not the right solution to that problem imo.
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

HindleA wrote:Yes,Eavis in favour of badger cull.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/e ... under.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Afternoon all. Beat me to it, A!!
Don't know why people make such a thing about Glastonbury- it's become the ultimate in corporate sponsorship, a kind of Glyndebourne for hipsters. And Michael Eavis is also a hunt supporter
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

So it maybe contains quite a few of those "aspirational voters" that Blairites endlessly lecture us Labour has to appeal to?

;)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/if- ... 66776.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If it's crime against people with disabilities, we don't care
A spate of horrific attacks has gone almost completely unnoticed

Video of Bolivian protesters worth a look.I note the "support" in lieu of cash benefit line.Sounds familar.
Last edited by HindleA on Mon 04 Apr, 2016 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

ohsocynical wrote:
tinybgoat wrote:
NonOxCol wrote: https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives ... nama-leak/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can't help it. I think Cameron's father's story is the dead cat to distract from the steel crisis. His tax avoiding company has been public knowledge for ages and nothing much was ever made of it...
I'm easily distracted,
but it's hard getting any info. about Tata.
The lady in the sandwich van near our works is getting fed up with being asked for information by witless journalists turning up at stupid times.
You'd think they'd work out when shift changes occurred.
One turned up last Wednesday at 10:00 am, couldn't find anyone so took a very nice photo of the tata sign from ground level looking up to the sky (it's now on lots of websites), and a couple of telephoto lens shots over a fence.
I was tempted to trawl through the security footage & get pictures of him taking the photos, but found his name from Getty images website instead, no real purpose, but it cheered me up :)
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Eavis stood for Labour in the 1997 GE, and later switched to the Greens in protest at Blair's wars. But he has also always been pro-hunting. Slightly odd bloke.
I think it's a v old school farming mentality that views animals without much sentimentality, and the natural enviroment to be controlled. The traditional idea of husbandry rather than exploitation. The problem is modern agriculture has a much more dramatic impact on the environment than when he was a kid. Trad ideas of husbandry are now used as an excuse for enviromental exploitation. The Badger Cull is a great example of that. Farmers priorities are farming and modifying the ecosystem to that ends, bbut the wider impact is rarely considered. Flooding and highland deforestation is another one.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/d0c75710-c11b ... z44rFQCBDc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Long-term unemployed funding to be cut
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://speye.wordpress.com/2016/04/04/ ... -non-room/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bedroom Tax and a Sanctuary non-room
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Temulkar wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:

He's not a tory - far from it - but is in favour of the badger cull. Despite that, he is a decent man (I met him a couple of times with my ex who lived near Pilton). I profoundly disagree with him on how to control bovine TB, and manage our natural heritage, although he does have a point about the hedgehog decline, and an ecosystem out of balance. Just not the right solution to that problem imo.

In that case I'll let JC appear there. :D
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Abbas Syed ‏@syed_zk 58s59 seconds ago

BREAKING NEWS: Reports: Iceland PM has resigned after #PanamaLeaks.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Sadiq Khan eight points ahead of Zac Goldsmith in new poll

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/mayor/sa ... 17256.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Isaac Blue ‏@blueisaac1 2h2 hours ago

Brian May says #badgercull protesters like suffragettes:

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/Badg ... story.html
@RR2

You must promise us you won't chain Mr Riots to any farm gates...
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.behaviouralinsights.co.uk/pu ... wellbeing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Behavioural Insights Team.

Making the change: Behavioural factors in person- and community-centred approaches for health and wellbeing

Very,very etc worrying.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"Kidney machines cause renal failure"

May seem an unfair description,in evidence I offer the charging of necessary rooms,the "perverse" incentive,the recent besmirching and false portrayal of "money graspers ticking boxes for aids/equipment they didn't use."
Last edited by HindleA on Mon 04 Apr, 2016 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

@ohso and other FTNers

Sad to say we have so many problems on our doorstep at present that Mr Riots and I don't have the energy to spare re any chaining ourselves to gates. The stress and anxiety levels in this household are pretty off the scale. We're just clinging on hoping there isn't another issue about to rear up and that we can get through what's going on.

It's why I've been rather quiet on the anecdotal front - we are embattled and struggling to cope.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Paula Sherriff MP Retweeted
Peter Smith ‏@Redpeter99 Mar 31
My Home Carer neighbour's wage is now The National Living Wage. Her mileage rate has dropped from 24p to 11p a mile. Her income is unchanged
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.
Steel crisis: David Cameron urged to take personal charge of talks

Union leaders are calling on David Cameron to take personal charge of talks to prevent the closure of Tata Steel's Port Talbot plant.

The unions say they wrote to Mr Cameron last week seeking a meeting and have not received a reply - but Downing Street said no correspondence had been received. (BBC News website - my emphasis)
I find that hard to believe - unless Sajid Javid was charged with delivering it.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Matthew McGregor ‏@mcgregormt 5m5 minutes ago
Matthew McGregor Retweeted Sam Coates Times
This doesn’t seem like a line that’s going to work that well.

Sam Coates TimesVerified account
‏@SamCoatesTimes
Asked if Cameron family money is held in a tax haven fund, Downing Street said: "It's a private matter" #panamapapers
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I think Larry should take over.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_(cat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

So Radio 4 has just had John McDonnell on re the tax havens situation. Then there is the now inevitable - 'no minister was available' to talk.

They should rebrand themselves as the 'no minister available' government - not available to anyone other than donors and cronies that is.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Welsh Assembly debate on Port Talbot: http://www.senedd.tv/Meeting/Live/655e0 ... 833690cd76#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:@ohso and other FTNers

Sad to say we have so many problems on our doorstep at present that Mr Riots and I don't have the energy to spare re any chaining ourselves to gates. The stress and anxiety levels in this household are pretty off the scale. We're just clinging on hoping there isn't another issue about to rear up and that we can get through what's going on.

It's why I've been rather quiet on the anecdotal front - we are embattled and struggling to cope.
Oh blimey. Can't think of anything to say that might help.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

PorFavor wrote:Good morfternoon.
Steel crisis: David Cameron urged to take personal charge of talks

Union leaders are calling on David Cameron to take personal charge of talks to prevent the closure of Tata Steel's Port Talbot plant.

The unions say they wrote to Mr Cameron last week seeking a meeting and have not received a reply - but Downing Street said no correspondence had been received. (BBC News website - my emphasis)
I find that hard to believe - unless Sajid Javid was charged with delivering it.
Perhaps he could lend them some of his money that's tied up abroad?
ScarletGas
Committee Chair

Post by ScarletGas »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Paula Sherriff MP Retweeted
Peter Smith ‏@Redpeter99 Mar 31
My Home Carer neighbour's wage is now The National Living Wage. Her mileage rate has dropped from 24p to 11p a mile. Her income is unchanged
Just looked up HMRC approved mileage allowance (used by most reputable companies as the minimum)

First 10,000 miles (in 2015/16 tax year) 45pence per mile, after that 25pence per mile.

Its outrageous this Home Caring company are allowed to get away with such deceit.

However if it allows Osborne and his acolytes to trumpet the "National Living Wage" whilst not being challenged (when he eventually appears from his bunker) by our supine press they will be allowed to get away with such disreputable actions.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

rebeccariots2 wrote:@ohso and other FTNers

Hello. Sorry to hear that you're having a tough time. I do hope things improve.

Take care.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

rebeccariots2 wrote:

The Tories/Lib Dems ditched it literally within weeks of the Coalition forming if my memory is correct.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Adam Bienkov ‏@AdamBienkov 1h1 hour ago
Zac Goldsmith highlights terror threat as new poll suggests attacks on Sadiq Khan are failing to convince Londoners http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2016/04/ ... ne-extremi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …