Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 October 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 October 2016

Post by SpinningHugo »

StephenDolan wrote:Labour under Corbyn = antisemitism. Yes, it's time for that to be trotted out again, nice one Chuka and pals. The response from Corbyn is pretty robust but are there any others willing to get this over?

“Although the committee heard evidence that 75% of antisemitic incidents come from far right sources, and the report states there is no reliable evidence to suggest antisemitism is greater in Labour than other parties, much of the report focuses on the Labour party.

“As the report rightly acknowledges, politicising antisemitism – or using it as a weapon in controversies between and within political parties – does the struggle against it a disservice.”

"trotted out"

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... 36/136.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Naz Shah sits on a committee that has reported on anti-semitism ?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Meanwhile, in the more outward-looking world:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 63336.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
another poll finds Brits want soft Brexit regardless of Carole Malone's oddly familiar-sounding deluded assertions.
The Prime Minister’s break with the “austerity” policy of David Cameron and George Osborne is also supported, with 46 per cent agreeing that it is “right to give up the target of balancing the Government’s budget by 2020” – only 34 per cent say the Government should continue to target balancing the budget by 2020.
As long as it's the Tories who created our current crisis who do it, and not Labour who made a major contribution to preventing worse after the Banking crash. Because we Brits remain proud forelock tugging, cap-doffing, cannon foddery fools.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

On Boris, the "huge, inflated albino bull."
http://www.libdemvoice.org/boris-we-mus ... 52168.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
It is more pertinent to observe that this focuses on the stupidity of Theresa May’s all-guns-blazing hard Brexit approach. When her leading Brexiteer was thinking and writing such pro-EU thoughts just days before the referendum campaign, it highlights that she is being hasty and unwise in going all-out for hard Brexit.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... or-the-nhs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Could Brexit prove terminal for the NHS?
With Britain’s dedicated foreign medical staff under threat, an already beleaguered national health service faces possibly the biggest crisis in its history
And unfortunately even the 350 million quid a week is only 18.2 billion a year. Not quite the 66 billion a year we stand to lose.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/h ... a2b904c875" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

Love this #Brexitviews photo I took of the Globe late last night. Eager to see the work of our greatest playwright being performed in this Theatre of Dreams.
Dan the Hannan
Donald Trump: Making America Hate Again
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Far-Right Brexit Climate Denial Network Grows as ‘Texit’ Campaigners Fly to Europe to Offer Advice
http://www.desmog.uk/2016/10/16/far-rig ... fer-advice" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Ever get the feeling there's something we've not quite nailed down yet - species-wise?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

thank god for ridiculousness.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

NonOxCol wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:
PorFavor wrote:
I wish that we could hear the voice of a pro "outer" here. I'd seriously welcome another perspective, assuming that they'd lift the gloom. I (we) might be missing something. Can't think what - but I'm open to suggestions.
Especially one who supported it from a leftist perspective. Actually, how *is* Lexit going??
It just so happens that a regular contributor to a cricket blog I frequent suddenly decided to treat us all to his Lexit arguments earlier today.
I voted for it, and stand by that decision. I could go into great detail why and back it up. Personally I think the British establishmemt is stitching up those people who wanted to get out. They have no intention of leaving. We are a poodle to Washington and they don’t want us out. So they are playing for time, and creating a giant vacuum in which uncertainty has flooded in. I fully suspect that Mrs May will chicken out, and claim that we can’t leave. Those of us who hate the European Union will have to then rely on France or Denmark or Holland to bring down the whole rotten stinking pile of elitist shite that is the EU. The last time I looked there are over 200 countries in the world, with over 190 at the United Nations. Only 28 of them are in Europe. Countries like New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Iceland, Switzerland all seem to manage fine outside the EU. The idea Britian can’t is bollocks.
My reaction was rather like that of Bud White (Russell Crowe) listening to the Night Owl patsies talk about women in LA Confidential. Except I stopped short of violence.

So I'll pass on hearing any more, thanks.
Thanks for the quote - but I wanted to hear more detail on how they think things will improve.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

oh i see. unfounded and unlikely assertions not good enough for you?
bleeding metropolitan elite.
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

[On 'clexit'] While it’s not entirely clear exactly how one would ‘exit’ the climate
Well, if the likes of Monckton and co are dead set on leaving the atmosphere, who are we to stop them?
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

PorFavor wrote:
NonOxCol wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote: Especially one who supported it from a leftist perspective. Actually, how *is* Lexit going??
It just so happens that a regular contributor to a cricket blog I frequent suddenly decided to treat us all to his Lexit arguments earlier today.
I voted for it, and stand by that decision. I could go into great detail why and back it up. Personally I think the British establishmemt is stitching up those people who wanted to get out. They have no intention of leaving. We are a poodle to Washington and they don’t want us out. So they are playing for time, and creating a giant vacuum in which uncertainty has flooded in. I fully suspect that Mrs May will chicken out, and claim that we can’t leave. Those of us who hate the European Union will have to then rely on France or Denmark or Holland to bring down the whole rotten stinking pile of elitist shite that is the EU. The last time I looked there are over 200 countries in the world, with over 190 at the United Nations. Only 28 of them are in Europe. Countries like New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Iceland, Switzerland all seem to manage fine outside the EU. The idea Britian can’t is bollocks.
My reaction was rather like that of Bud White (Russell Crowe) listening to the Night Owl patsies talk about women in LA Confidential. Except I stopped short of violence.

So I'll pass on hearing any more, thanks.
Thanks for the quote - but I wanted to hear more detail on how they think things will improve.
I'm sure they 'could go into great detail and back it up'.
They never do though, do they.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor ... e-12031317" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Hundreds of anti-Brexit campaigners stage protest in Newcastle city centre
Coun Wallace said: “The post-brexit vision adores conformity and is inward-looking.
“It has taken us back to the social conformity of the 1950s.”
“It is now a case of Great Britain versus Little England*. A Britain that is open for business or a Britain that is in slow economic decline.”
*Hugo Young's "claustrophobic timewarp"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Here is Jenny Jones view(pre vote)

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... een-brexit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://labourlist.org/2016/10/alice-per ... ourList%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Piece on the boundary review.

Given rising population is cutting MPs a good idea? How does representation per capita in the UK compare to elsewhere and what are the likely repercussions for workload etc? I would propose that the review can only make sense alongside a review of the MP job description.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

HindleA wrote:Here is Jenny Jones view(pre vote)

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... een-brexit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not to mention David Owen:
Brexit is necessary to protect NHS from TTIP, says David Owen
Lord Owen, who was health secretary for Labour in the mid-1970s before co-founding the SDP, said it would be impossible to take the NHS back to its original purpose unless the UK votes to leave in the June referendum.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... david-owen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Having fewer MPs is a rubbish idea, but was an opportunistic bit of populism from Cameron (remember the mendacious "cutting the cost of politics" blather)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... or-the-nhs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Could Brexit prove terminal for the NHS?
With Britain’s dedicated foreign medical staff under threat, an already beleaguered national health service faces possibly the biggest crisis in its history
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

murial2.jpg
murial2.jpg (239.38 KiB) Viewed 7644 times
http://flaming-nora.blogspot.nl/2014_04_01_archive.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

This by Jonathan Freedland is what I think on this anti-semitism stuff and Chakrabarti

http://www.thejc.com/comment-and-debate ... te-problem" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... 017-retail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Flicking through the chunky Argos catalogue gives a snapshot of how much British high street retailers rely on imports – and are vulnerable to the slumping pound. Beats headphones at £89.95 come via California; a slim PlayStation 4 is made in China; while curved Samsung TVs are manufactured in South Korea.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Tories claim Labour has a "very real problem with anti-Semitism" after a damning independent report said Jeremy Corbyn has failed to provide leadership in tackling the issue.

Read more at: http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/ne ... -1-8183928" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Given the title of the report is Antisemitism in the UK, the table of contents of said report leave me puzzled. Just three entries for "campus antisemitism". Seems a bit narrow-ranging. Almost like they focused on things that would make "Labour under Corbyn" look bad, while somewhat skating over the rest. For which the justification is:
7. This report focuses to some extent on the Labour Party, because it has been the main
source of recent allegations of antisemitism associated with political parties. It should
be emphasised that the majority of antisemitic abuse and crime has historically been,
and continues to be, committed by individuals associated with (or motivated by) far-right
wing parties and political activity. Although there is little reliable or representative data
on contemporary sources of antisemitism, CST figures suggest that around three-quarters
of all politically-motivated antisemitic incidents come from far-right sources.23 However,
the fact that incidents of antisemitism—particularly online—have made their way into a
major political party is a new and deplorable phenomenon, and one which has not recently
affected the mainstream right wing of British politics. It is particularly shocking that it
should affect a party whose founding principles are based on equality
ie: we've focused on the Labour party because we don't know or care about the rest.
Last edited by tinyclanger2 on Sun 16 Oct, 2016 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Having fewer MPs is a rubbish idea, but was an opportunistic bit of populism from Cameron (remember the mendacious "cutting the cost of politics" blather)

Even worse when you consider we're supposed to be "taking back control" and ditching all the MEPs - shouldn't we have more MPs in that case?
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Having fewer MPs is a rubbish idea, but was an opportunistic bit of populism from Cameron (remember the mendacious "cutting the cost of politics" blather)
What is the right number of MPs?

Given the size of the country, 650 is a large number compared to other countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_l ... of_members" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know how to tell what the right number is, but we are out of step in having quite so many.

Lots of them are utterly useless, I would only give a job to around half a dozen of the combined Labour and Tory frontbenches, but there is unfortunately no guarantee that cutting the numbers gets rid of the worst of them.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ark-carney" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The kindness of baffled strangers won’t save us from Brexit
William Keegan
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
Tories claim Labour has a "very real problem with anti-Semitism" after a damning independent report said Jeremy Corbyn has failed to provide leadership in tackling the issue.

Read more at: http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/ne ... -1-8183928" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Given the title of the report is Antisemitism in the UK, the table of contents of said report leave me puzzled. Just three entries for "campus antisemitism". Seems a bit narrow-ranging. Almost like they focused on things that would make "Labour under Corbyn" look bad, while somewhat skating over the rest. For which the justification is:
7. This report focuses to some extent on the Labour Party, because it has been the main
source of recent allegations of antisemitism associated with political parties. It should
be emphasised that the majority of antisemitic abuse and crime has historically been,
and continues to be, committed by individuals associated with (or motivated by) far-right
wing parties and political activity. Although there is little reliable or representative data
on contemporary sources of antisemitism, CST figures suggest that around three-quarters
of all politically-motivated antisemitic incidents come from far-right sources.23 However,
the fact that incidents of antisemitism—particularly online—have made their way into a
major political party is a new and deplorable phenomenon, and one which has not recently
affected the mainstream right wing of British politics. It is particularly shocking that it
should affect a party whose founding principles are based on equality
ie: we've focused on the Labour party because we don't know or care about the rest.
Yes exactly. Shameful shit.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

My timeline seems to be ever more full of "Aren't we just the fucking greatest school ever?" blog posts written by Michaela staff and drooled over by their supporters without question.

The latest one is on discipline and how to instill that right from the start. Far easier to do this when you've only got 3 years of 4 classes in by now. That's half the size of our primary school.

I did a post once (now gone and forgot to save) where I looked at how much expert help they had pre-startup - that seems to be forgotten now and it's all down to the staff.

Meanwhile, our lot just get on and teach and take Masters courses...

And guess where Gove decided to visit last week...
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/ ... -5b2tszzfg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dog yapping? You’re a problem family

http://www.channel4.com/tv-guide/2016/10/17" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

RogerOThornhill wrote:

Even worse when you consider we're supposed to be "taking back control" and ditching all the MEPs - shouldn't we have more MPs in that case?
Yes. And more civil servants (or faceless bureaucrats, if you prefer).
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

SpinningHugo wrote:

Given the size of the country, 650 is a large number compared to other countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_l ... of_members" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know how to tell what the right number is, but we are out of step in having quite so many.

Lots of them are utterly useless, I would only give a job to around half a dozen of the combined Labour and Tory frontbenches, but there is unfortunately no guarantee that cutting the numbers gets rid of the worst of them.
Just comparing base numbers without looking at the relationship between local and national politics is pointless.

How exactly do you know that "lots of them are utterly useless" - have you spent time reviewing their activities in their constituencies and on committees?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/16/media/s ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump vs. Kate McKinnon's Hillary Clinton, Part 2!
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
http://www.gulf-times.com/story/517590/ ... vestors-sa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Increasing risk of hard Brexit shocks investors, says QNB
exchange rates fluctuate.jpg
I agree with Theresa May. This graph shows clearly that the fall in the value of the pound is entirely down to random fluctuations in exchange rates and not at all related to either Jun 24 (Brexit result) or Oct 2 (Article 50 trigger announcement).
Those two plunges both occurred the day before my two trips to the US this year :evil:
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Hammond getting a bit colly-wobbly

Fears Hammond could quit Cabinet: Chancellor 'excluded from key meetings' as pressure mounts on PM over 'hard' Brexit

http://linkis.com/www.dailymail.co.uk/XVNTj" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any bets on how long May will last ?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

AngryAsWell wrote:Hammond getting a bit colly-wobbly

Fears Hammond could quit Cabinet: Chancellor 'excluded from key meetings' as pressure mounts on PM over 'hard' Brexit

http://linkis.com/www.dailymail.co.uk/XVNTj" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From the article which you quote -
They fear that, at the age of 60, he will walk out of the Government rather than stifle his opposition.
Too old? Too young?
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote:

Just comparing base numbers without looking at the relationship between local and national politics is pointless.

How exactly do you know that "lots of them are utterly useless" - have you spent time reviewing their activities in their constituencies and on committees?

I follow politics fairly closely is how.

So, I don't think competence is the same thing as political belief. McDonnell seems able to me, I've been impressed. I'd employ him. But his political beliefs (eg on the IRA) are abhorrent to me. My local MP is much closer to me on the political spectrum, but is a complete idiot.

Who could I employ? Of the Tories, Hammond? Perhaps May and Davis?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabinet_o ... ed_Kingdom" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Of Labour?

McDonnell. Starmer, Watson?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabinet_o ... ed_Kingdom" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can't see many others on either list I'd trust with, say, a medium sized company.

And I agree about other factors. Still gets me no closer to knowing what the right number of MPs is, 1,000? 200?
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

It's been mooted for a long time that ex-Plaid leader Lord Dafydd Ellis-Thomas would leave the party.
He finally has, and will sit as an Independent AM.
Plaid are pushing for him to resign and fight a by-election.

He's been no fan of Leanne Wood and says he's quit the party because of its failure to work constructively with the Welsh Labour government. He's critical of Plaid's 'narrow opportunistic stance' and thinks they should have formed a coalition with Welsh Labour in May.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/polit ... s-12029540" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Correct me if I;m wrong Hugo, you were arguing the other week that the number of MPs ought to be reduced to 500.

Are you still arguing for that or are you now a "don't know"?
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

PorFavor wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:Hammond getting a bit colly-wobbly

From the article which you quote -
They fear that, at the age of 60, he will walk out of the Government rather than stifle his opposition.
Too old? Too young?
Too rich, perhaps, to want to stay in a failing government. As for age, not sure why they mentioned it really.
"Philip Hammond, who has a mere £8 million fortune"
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/09 ... 00819.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

The relevance of Elis-Thomas quitting Plaid is that he can deliver Welsh Labour the one vote they need to get things through the Assembly.

Some suggest Leanne Wood's leadership is under threat, more so now that they no longer have the power to make demands of Labour for their votes. That's bad news because Plaid may end up with a more intelligent and effective leader.
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

Let the pound fall and the economy rise - the guardian
https://apple.news/AKqObawmOQniEUJ9vf0km3g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Someone was asking for the Lexit view earlier. Larry Elliot sort of gives the economic case from that perspective without explicitly stating it.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Correct me if I;m wrong Hugo, you were arguing the other week that the number of MPs ought to be reduced to 500.

Are you still arguing for that or are you now a "don't know"?

I think 500 is about right, yes, given the size of the UK. 650 seems to have been arrived at by historical accident. How do I prove that is the right number, and not 200 or 1,000? I can't, and I've not hear anybody else explain how they arrive at the 'right' number.

The argument against are

1. the 'payroll' vote, which stops independent judgment. Lots of non-jobs. Cut the non-jobs is the answer to that, limiting the numbers who can serve.

2. The smaller the number, the more FPTP leads to extreme results.So, if the ICM poll reflected a GE vote, the Tories would have a majority of around 125 in a 600 seat house, with Labour down on about 162. We need electoral reform as the Tories will just crush all opposition for the foreseeable future.

But I am afraid I think most MPs are a complete waste of space. There just isn't anything very productive for most of them to do. I know they make much of their constituency work, but unless they have the ear of government (and most don't, and opposition MPs certainly don't) there is not much that most of them can practically do. The number of truly able ones is really small. So, I'd pay them a lot more (double) and make it a high prestige role, to try and attract a few better people. I think that requires cutting the numbers. The frontbenches of both main parties present a very sorry sight, and have done for years,
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://blogs.ft.com/ftdata/2013/08/01/b ... islatures/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
people per legistlative body rep - but craftily merges the HoL and HoC for the last graph. Since we don't vote for the HoL it's not relevant with respect to the boundary review. Anyone who can be arsed separating them out be my guest. My expectation is we'd be looking similar to France and Spain - and then it comes down to what the job is. Like I say - the boundary review doesn't make any sense without reviewing the work done/needed doing.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

JonnyT1234 wrote:Let the pound fall and the economy rise - the guardian
https://apple.news/AKqObawmOQniEUJ9vf0km3g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Someone was asking for the Lexit view earlier. Larry Elliot sort of gives the economic case from that perspective without explicitly stating it.
That someone was me. So thanks for the link.

However, if this is the "Lexit" perspective, isn't it rather taking for granted the political will to maintain the accidental economic corrections that have occurred as a result of the referendum?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

But anyway. Corbyn. I think he's been looking at winter sandals. Plus we need to look at Miliband's sandwich eating from a new perspective. Let's face it there's nothing else to worry about.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

I think it was a mistake to elevate Shami Chakrabarti to the House of Lords after having stated that that there would be no names put forward by Labour. Just stupid - and asking for trouble.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

PorFavor wrote:I think it was a mistake to elevate Shami Chakrabarti to the House of Lords after having stated that that there would be no names put forward by Labour. Just stupid - and asking for trouble.

Hubris on her part to have accepted.

I think she shares some character traits with JC. She is so certain of her own rectitude that she can't begin to understand why others call it into question.

That Freedland piece above is very good, and fair I think.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

:shock:
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/plumm ... 00786.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Airport (Shanghai: 600463.SS - news) bureaux de change are now offering rates of well below €1 per £1, even though the official “interbank” rate at the time of writing was close to €1.11.

Brexit bargains
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

tinyclanger2 wrote:https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/plumm ... 00786.html
Airport (Shanghai: 600463.SS - news) bureaux de change are now offering rates of well below €1 per £1, even though the official “interbank” rate at the time of writing was close to €1.11.

Brexit bargains

George Eaton ‏@georgeeaton 46s46 seconds ago

Brexit irony: pound's slump will push up prices for Brits and reduce them for tourists.