Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th November 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Re: Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th November 2014

Post by LadyCentauria »

@Ephe: I'm blushing. I stand in awe of your knowledge and the clarity and thoughtfulness of your posts. It was because of your posts, in particular, at the other place that I was led here and I am so glad that I finally dived in and got to meet you all. I don't tweet but found this, which might help. It's a directory of members of the House of Lords and their social media contact details, part of the Lords Digital Chamber: http://www.lordsdigitalchamber.co.uk/contributors/
How come the Lords are more together than the Commons, in this regard? I was trying to remember the names of some of them who always speak well on matters of social well-being, Social Security, etc., but my memory has turned to mush, today...

Anyone who is browsing: join in! I know that when you come to a new discussion site it can look, from the outside, as if everyone knows each other – which can appear 'cliquey' at first glance. But all of us were new here once – some of us very recently – and were welcomed in and we're all still getting to know each other. So come on in and give us a chance to get to know you, too.
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Such a good article. (Apols if someone has already posted.)
Implicitly, the report questions ESA's initial premise. ESA replaced Incapacity Benefit (IB), castigated for failing to encourage disabled people back to work. DWP seriously over-estimated the problem. It expected that only 20% of new claimants would enter the Support Group for those wholly unfit for work. 'The Secretary of State has referred to claimants "languishing" on IB.' Instead, '89% of IB claimants who were reassessed were entitled to ESA, with the vast majority being placed in the Support Group' [para 14].
That disparity - that myth exploding reality - should be shouted all over the place. It puts the lie to just about everything that IDS and the DWP claim. And it shows they didn't even bother to have decent baseline data and research as their starting point. Why am I not reading that kind of hard challenging fact in the mainstream media?

Shameful, shameful, shameful ..... shameful.

And Labour,it's got to be said.Some myths refuse to die.IDS had an epiphany at Easterhouse (after which his views remained the same as they were before)is another.

Of course for the media to say otherwise would be for them to admit they have been complicit in the propagation of such lies,failing in their basic duty of critical thinking rather than regurgitation.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

pk1 wrote:This is a post on UKPR by Robin Wilde, a Labour Party member from Sheffield:

Evening all. Just got back from canvassing, where I found a very strange leaflet.
“WHO WILL STOP THE CUTS?”
“Not Labour!”
Followed by a bunch of newspaper quotes about Labour and austerity.
“Ed Miliband: More Tory Than The Tories. Are they REALLY worth voting for?”
Now, not such a radical or unusual leaflet, you might think. Perhaps distributed in a student area by the Greens or TUSC. Thing is, this leaflet had no distributing party named on it, nor any imprint.
However, being a political nerd, I see a lot of leaflets and happen to recognise the typeface and quote boxes as being those frequently employed on Liberal Democrat leaflets.
Now without an imprint it’s impossible to prove the origin, but I’m curious to know whether anyone else has had material like this distributed anonymously in their patch? It seems a very murky and unpleasant way to campaign
Naughty stuff by those cuddly, sanctimonious LDs - shurley not......
It's illegal to distribute political leaflets without an imprint - or is that only during a specific election campaign ?

They could have done what our local Lib Dems did, printed their publishing details in a minute font, in English & upside down on the extreme edge of the Welsh language part of their leaflet, so desperate were they to portray their candidate as a local woman not a Lib Dem.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Labour canvassers attacked by thugs in Corringham
http://www.yourthurrock.com/Labour-canv ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hope this is not a taste of the election to come.....
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

yahyah wrote: It's illegal to distribute political leaflets without an imprint - or is that only during a specific election campaign ?

They could have done what our local Lib Dems did, printed their publishing details in a minute font, in English & upside down on the extreme edge of the Welsh language part of their leaflet, so desperate were they to portray their candidate as a local woman not a Lib Dem.
No it's on all political leaflets. The Election Commission site states
1.26 On printed material, such as leaflets and posters, you must include the name and address of:
 the printer
 the promoter
 any person on behalf of whom the material is being
published (and who is not the promoter)
Nothing unusual in LDs saying one thing but doing another - it's time they were exposed for their sneaky little tricks.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Dr Éoin Clarke ‏@LabourEoin Nov 14
Labour will 100% repeal the Tory NHS Act. We will undot every i. We will uncross every t. Will will 100% halt NHS Privatisation.

This got me thinking. Deborah Orr says Ed only talks about how bad things are. She wants positive.

How much more positive can you get than the above?

Plus of course there's tackling Energy companies; zero hours; tax avoiders; etc.

And that leads me to wonder from her position in society, what she thinks positive ought to be?
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

AngryAsWell wrote:Labour canvassers attacked by thugs in Corringham
http://www.yourthurrock.com/Labour-canv ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's awful :(
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

HindleA wrote:. IDS had an epiphany at Easterhouse (after which his views remained the same as they were before)is another.
The word epiphany makes me very uncomfortable. Such 'happenings' can make the recipient resistant to outside advice especially if they're a believer.

George Smith is a prime example.

I can only hope if there is a God, he's shaking his fists and saying 'not in my name George you evil bastard. Not in my name'.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

LadyCentauria wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:Labour canvassers attacked by thugs in Corringham
That's awful :(
If, as they say has happened UKIP has attracted a lot of BNP supporters, then it's very likely this is just the beginning.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

pk1 wrote:This is a post on UKPR by Robin Wilde, a Labour Party member from Sheffield:

Evening all. Just got back from canvassing, where I found a very strange leaflet.
“WHO WILL STOP THE CUTS?”
“Not Labour!”
Followed by a bunch of newspaper quotes about Labour and austerity.
“Ed Miliband: More Tory Than The Tories. Are they REALLY worth voting for?”
Now, not such a radical or unusual leaflet, you might think. Perhaps distributed in a student area by the Greens or TUSC. Thing is, this leaflet had no distributing party named on it, nor any imprint.
However, being a political nerd, I see a lot of leaflets and happen to recognise the typeface and quote boxes as being those frequently employed on Liberal Democrat leaflets.
Now without an imprint it’s impossible to prove the origin, but I’m curious to know whether anyone else has had material like this distributed anonymously in their patch? It seems a very murky and unpleasant way to campaign
Naughty stuff by those cuddly, sanctimonious LDs - shurley not......
Shurely?

Shirley, more like. Soooo cuddly and sweet and old-ladyish.
I often wonder what her seriously splendid mother would think if she could see her now.....

Refit and LadyC - thank you! I'll try to remember.......

I seem to be really really good at droning on for far too long, ranting with as many non-sweary nastinesses as I can summon up....but little bits of technology utterly defeat me. Weird.

Age, it is. Honest.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014 ... are_btn_tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New Era tenants take rent battle to US after Tory MP’s firm sells stake
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

tom_watson retweeted
Mark Watts ‏@MarkWatts_1 5h5 hours ago
With unfolding scandal of #VIPaedophiles turning yet more sinister, two stories @ExaroNews tonight. One is strong. The other is a bombshell.
I don't know how many more bombshells I can take. But I suspect they are going to keep on coming ... despite the lack of progress with the enquiry so far - and the lost files - and the ...
Working on the wild side.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

An interesting article on Trolling.

Abstract
'In two online studies (total N = 1215), respondents completed personality inventories and a survey of their Internet commenting styles. Overall, strong positive associations emerged among online commenting frequency, trolling enjoyment, and troll identity, pointing to a common construct underlying the measures. Both studies revealed similar patterns of relations between trolling and the Dark Tetrad of personality: trolling correlated positively with sadism, psychopathy, and Machiavellianism, using both enjoyment ratings and identity scores. Of all personality measures, sadism showed the most robust associations with trolling and, importantly, the relationship was specific to trolling behavior. Enjoyment of other online activities, such as chatting and debating, was unrelated to sadism. Thus cyber-trolling appears to be an Internet manifestation of everyday sadism.'
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 6914000324" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

ohsocynical wrote:Dr Éoin Clarke ‏@LabourEoin Nov 14
Labour will 100% repeal the Tory NHS Act. We will undot every i. We will uncross every t. Will will 100% halt NHS Privatisation.

This got me thinking. Deborah Orr says Ed only talks about how bad things are. She wants positive.

How much more positive can you get than the above?

Plus of course there's tackling Energy companies; zero hours; tax avoiders; etc.

And that leads me to wonder from her position in society, what she thinks positive ought to be?
I think you saw me challenging her to come up with some positives? Her 'positive' was that she thinks Ed's critique of the UK's problems was prety good; in other words even her positive was about concentrating on the negatives. And that, frankly, is the problem, the entire press corps can only focus on the bad stuff, misery sells after all; always exploiting the weaknesses, never look at the strengths and how to build on them.

To be fair to Deborah she isn't as bad as most of them; people like Wintour, Watt, Kettle, Hodges are appalling and no longer deserve to be called "journalists" - even "hack" is too kind for them. Time to stop relying on the MSM to get the message out; the power of social media, including fora like this one, have shown that they can help shape the message, even change it ..... time to step that up.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Time for a picture - we needed a picture.
GraysonPerryBagForLabour.jpg
GraysonPerryBagForLabour.jpg (55.17 KiB) Viewed 11788 times
Chris Bryant retweeted
Cllr MIKE SPARLING ‏@michaelsparling Nov 12
Fab. #GraysonPerry has designed a lovely bag for @UKLabour Stocking filler anyone? https://donation.labour.org.uk/index.ph ... rayson_bag" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
I wanted it to be an owl. A Grayson Perry owl would have been fab.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Britain Elects ‏@britainelects · 1m1 minute ago
National Opinion Poll (ComRes):
LAB - 34% (-)
CON - 30% (-1)
UKIP - 19% (-)
LDEM - 8% (+1)
GRN - 3% (-1)
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

http://www.vox.com/2014/9/2/6089693/hea ... -insurance

Insurance companies negotiate with hospitals and doctors the price of every treatment, procedure and medical service. That price differs from hospital to hospital — even health plan to health plan
http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014/11 ... cares-cost

Today in the United States there are an estimated 46 million people—that is almost one in six Americans—
http://thedocumentarygroup.com/portfoli ... ce-crisis/

I'm going to Twitter these links.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
tom_watson retweeted
Mark Watts ‏@MarkWatts_1 5h5 hours ago
With unfolding scandal of #VIPaedophiles turning yet more sinister, two stories @ExaroNews tonight. One is strong. The other is a bombshell.
I don't know how many more bombshells I can take. But I suspect they are going to keep on coming ... despite the lack of progress with the enquiry so far - and the lost files - and the ...
ExaroNews retweeted

Mark Watts @MarkWatts_1
· 24m 24 minutes ago
. @ExaroNews “Strong one” has become stronger, and we are holding that over. Just the “bombshell” for later tonight. http://www.exaronews.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

A Grayson Perry anything is fab! Loved his recent series on identity, very moving at times. I can happily ignore the meeja while people like Perry and Harry Leslie Smith are supporting the cause. And speaking of supporting the cause, the front page of the Labour Party website is packed with pictures of people, real people not hacks, who have given their time for campaigning today.

http://www.labour.org.uk/index.php/volu ... _campaign=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:A Grayson Perry anything is fab! Loved his recent series on identity, very moving at times. I can happily ignore the meeja while people like Perry and Harry Leslie Smith are supporting the cause. And speaking of supporting the cause, the front page of the Labour Party website is packed with pictures of people, real people not hacks, who have given their time for campaigning today.

http://www.labour.org.uk/index.php/volu ... _campaign=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Posted that earlier (scuffs toe) and no one noticed.
...and I got the Grayson Perry bag (well waiting for it....) sticks tongue out and runs...... :dance:
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Frances Hinde ‏@FrancesHinde 7m7 minutes ago
Labour holds 4-point lead over Conservatives | John Rentoul | Independent Eagle Eye Blogs http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2014/11/ ... ervatives/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … via @Independent

Edited to add the Independents poll result

Ed Miliband’s leadership is boosted by the ComRes online poll for The Independent on Sunday tomorrow, shared with the Sunday Mirror, in which Labour holds a four-point lead over the Conservatives.

Lab 34% (0)
Con 30% (-1)
UKIP 19% (0)
Lib Dem 8% (+1)
Green 3% (-1)
Last edited by ohsocynical on Sat 15 Nov, 2014 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... treet.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SNP name their price to put Ed at #10
Attachments
sturgeon.jpg
sturgeon.jpg (40.1 KiB) Viewed 11756 times
Last edited by tinyclanger2 on Sat 15 Nov, 2014 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Finding the dolphin slaughter and dog & cat meat trade photo's on twitter very distressing - have signed all I can sign and now don't know what to do :( Can only come off twitter for a while till they stop the twitter storm later ...
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

HindleA wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:Such a good article. (Apols if someone has already posted.)
Implicitly, the report questions ESA's initial premise. ESA replaced Incapacity Benefit (IB), castigated for failing to encourage disabled people back to work. DWP seriously over-estimated the problem. It expected that only 20% of new claimants would enter the Support Group for those wholly unfit for work. 'The Secretary of State has referred to claimants "languishing" on IB.' Instead, '89% of IB claimants who were reassessed were entitled to ESA, with the vast majority being placed in the Support Group' [para 14].
That disparity - that myth exploding reality - should be shouted all over the place. It puts the lie to just about everything that IDS and the DWP claim. And it shows they didn't even bother to have decent baseline data and research as their starting point. Why am I not reading that kind of hard challenging fact in the mainstream media?

Shameful, shameful, shameful ..... shameful.

And Labour,it's got to be said.Some myths refuse to die.IDS had an epiphany at Easterhouse (after which his views remained the same as they were before)is another.

Of course for the media to say otherwise would be for them to admit they have been complicit in the propagation of such lies,failing in their basic duty of critical thinking rather than regurgitation.

Well, yes, A. This.

Mind you, George (I-made-my-name-up-to-sound-posher) Underpants Smith is the latter-day Wilberforce, according to him.
I don't think he got the lecture at the University of Perugia which explained that WW was actually against slavery, not for it.

Still, who are we to question the near-deities who occupy the front benches?

Here they are -

Our Glorious Ronsealed Fishpointer General, who is so godlike he is, in fact, nearly God. He is, as he says, carrying on Jesus' work.
St.Gideon the Archangel stands at OGRFG's (very) Right Hand, and does good works quietly.....so quietly, OGRFG doesn't know.....
The Blessed Theresa of May, who makes to suffer the little children incarcerated because they were so very very naughty.
St.Francis of Cabinetto, miracle-worker, who can turn water in jerry-cans into combustible petro-chemicals in non-emergencies.
The Blessed William of the Hague, who isn't Dutch but is the patron martyr of professional Yorkshiremen (except Paul).
Saint Christopher Meddle, who is actually dead and made of metal; brief - the repentance of sinners and mentally ill people.
The Blessed Michael, Martyr of The Whips; patron saint of Govefish, and people who hide in cupboards when afraid. Bless.
Archangel Jeremy of Bottomley-Hunt, who will give all our money, diluted in water, for the care of the sick via his auntie's company.
Fester of Vile, patron saint of the airwaves and airheads, soon to be martyred at the hands of red unbelievers in the Battle of the Wirral.

And finally -

The Right Honourable George Iain Duncan Smith, BA (Perugia) MA (Dunchurch) Brigadier-General The Scots Guards (R.T.U'd)
Honours - OBE (Other Buggers Efforts) KCMG (Kindly Call Me God)
George, a humble politician (so humble, in fact, he was very very quiet indeed) wanted to know how poor people lived, so he went to Scotland where they all live. On a road in Easterhouse, he had a Paul-esque conversion occasioned by a burning car.
Yes, verily, the burning car spoke to him with God's voice and sent him forth to rid the indigent from their worklessness.
He brought Universal Discredit to the poor and they are not grateful - so he prays for their souls and teaches them real poverty.
And Lo! The indigent (and the sick and the dying) are all working - such are the miracles of this modern-day Christ.

Truly, this is the saintliest saint of all - and he will get his reward in Heaven. He believes it therefore it must be true.

I hope you ingrates appreciate just how wonderful these people really are.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

@Ephermerid

I've re-tweeted your link on my account and also posted it on Flythenests Twitter account.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

AngryAsWell wrote:Finding the dolphin slaughter and dog & cat meat trade photo's on twitter very distressing - have signed all I can sign and now don't know what to do :( Can only come off twitter for a while till they stop the twitter storm later ...
I had to unfollow some people as their posts had really distressing photos. Felt awful about it, but they made me feel ill.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

ohsocynical wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:Finding the dolphin slaughter and dog & cat meat trade photo's on twitter very distressing - have signed all I can sign and now don't know what to do :( Can only come off twitter for a while till they stop the twitter storm later ...
I had to unfollow some people as their posts had really distressing photos. Felt awful about it, but they made me feel ill.
I think I'll have to do that, I just cant take the horror, whilst not being able to stop it.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

@ro_bot_dylan just sang a line for me!
I posted
Angry Bird Flies ‏@Rosiecat2 · 4m4 minutes ago
Ro Bot Dylan @ro_bot_dylan sang > This sky, too, is folding under you. And it's all over now, Baby Blue < how appropriate! #6monthstowin

and he replied with
Ro Bot Dylan ‏@ro_bot_dylan · 3m3 minutes ago
@Rosiecat2 He oversees his kingdom So no stranger does intrude His voice it trembles as he calls out For another plate of food.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

O/T but this made me laugh..
Save money.......do not let your husband fit your new kitchen

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

AngryAsWell wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:A Grayson Perry anything is fab! Loved his recent series on identity, very moving at times. I can happily ignore the meeja while people like Perry and Harry Leslie Smith are supporting the cause. And speaking of supporting the cause, the front page of the Labour Party website is packed with pictures of people, real people not hacks, who have given their time for campaigning today.

...and I got the Grayson Perry bag (well waiting for it....) sticks tongue out and runs...... :dance:
@TGS. Agree - I adore Grayson Perry's drawing.

@AAW - ah shucks - sorry if I posted the same thing - I obviously needed that owl so I could have eyes in the back of my head. I'm usually quite good at checking what's gone before me ... but not this time. Deep bow of apology. And very envious that you've bagged a Grayson Perry, so to speak.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

tinyclanger2 wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... treet.html

SNP name their price to put Ed at #10
I feel sorry for the woman on the far left of the picture. It looks like the announcement has seriously unhinged her.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Michael Dugher retweeted
Mike Le-Surf ‏@Mike4SBET 7h7 hours ago
@mancrjh @VoteVince2015 Incredible violence though. To kick a women in a mobilty scooter???? & scream at an 80 yr old man.

Michael Dugher retweeted
@ROBGR2 few cuts & bruises but people are really shaken up. Local people are being amazing. Local shop keepers are being wonderful.

Michael Dugher retweeted
Mike Le-Surf ‏@Mike4SBET 5h5 hours ago
South Basildon & East Thurrock Labour members violently attacked by UKIP thugs in Corringham earlier @GazetteMatt
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

I hope they can make this permanent. Five doctors all going at the same time, leaving a huge housing estate without a GP. A private company running the surgery rejected.

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news/ ... e-surgery/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Labour Left ‏@LabourLeft · 23s23 seconds ago
“@PopulusPolls: Latest Populus VI: Lab 35 (-1), Con 33 (-1), LD 9 (+1), UKIP 13 (=), Oth 9 (=). Tables here: http://popu.lu/s_vi141114" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ”
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Michael Dugher retweeted
@mancrjh @VoteVince2015 Incredible violence though. To kick a women in a mobilty scooter???? & scream at an 80 yr old man.

Michael Dugher retweeted
@ROBGR2 few cuts & bruises but people are really shaken up. Local people are being amazing. Local shop keepers are being wonderful.

Michael Dugher retweeted
Mike Le-Surf ‏@Mike4SBET 5h5 hours ago
South Basildon & East Thurrock Labour members violently attacked by UKIP thugs in Corringham earlier @GazetteMatt
If UKIP have ex BNP supporters I'm not surprised.

UKIP. What a horrible mix.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ohsocynical wrote:I hope they can make this permanent. Five doctors all going at the same time, leaving a huge housing estate without a GP. A private company running the surgery rejected.

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news/ ... e-surgery/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Would have liked to read that story Ohso - but I was asked to complete a short Google survey (on which shops I recognised ...) before I could have access! Never had that one before - and don't want to again.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Now which leader is in crisis?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/da ... no-4636055" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:

@TGS. Agree - I adore Grayson Perry's drawing.

@AAW - ah shucks - sorry if I posted the same thing - I obviously needed that owl so I could have eyes in the back of my head. I'm usually quite good at checking what's gone before me ... but not this time. Deep bow of apology. And very envious that you've bagged a Grayson Perry, so to speak.
No prob it was the labour link not GP bag I'd posted an only kiddin anyway :) will post photo of bag when it gets here - grins
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

AngryAsWell wrote:Labour Left ‏@LabourLeft · 23s23 seconds ago
“@PopulusPolls: Latest Populus VI: Lab 35 (-1), Con 33 (-1), LD 9 (+1), UKIP 13 (=), Oth 9 (=). Tables here: http://popu.lu/s_vi141114" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ”
They really ought to include the Green percentage. We keep reading that lots of voters are turning to them. One poll has just had them at around 3 percent, but that sounds very low.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

AngryAsWell wrote:Labour Left ‏@LabourLeft · 23s23 seconds ago
Just looking at this again if Labour are down 1 to 35% where was the press coverage when they were on 36% ? :?: puzzled....
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:I hope they can make this permanent. Five doctors all going at the same time, leaving a huge housing estate without a GP. A private company running the surgery rejected.

Would have liked to read that story Ohso - but I was asked to complete a short Google survey (on which shops I recognised ...) before I could have access! Never had that one before - and don't want to again.
It sometimes does that. It's a real cheek....
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Happy Birthday Nye.jpg
Happy Birthday Nye.jpg (26.85 KiB) Viewed 11664 times
Karl Turner MP retweeted
Ellie Gellard ‏@BevaniteEllie 48m48 minutes ago
Happy birthday Nye
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Off topic but the best thing I've read all year....Made me smile.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... sound.html
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

brilliant Rowson Cartoon. I wonder if Gryff Rhys-Jones will appreciate it?

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... s-entry-uk
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

ohsocynical wrote:@Ephermerid

I've re-tweeted your link on my account and also posted it on Flythenests Twitter account.

Thanks OhSo.

Saw your message - of course you don't need to apologise. You can all copy or tweet my stuff any time you like.

Whaddya reckon? Will I get a call from a showbiz agent? :lol!:

Just a bit of fun - which in no way stops me hating them all. Not good, but it's their fault.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

ephemerid wrote:

Thanks OhSo.

Saw your message - of course you don't need to apologise. You can all copy or tweet my stuff any time you like.

Just a bit of fun - which in no way stops me hating them all. Not good, but it's their fault.
I am relieved. I thought it was so brilliant I got carried away...
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

We will lose Rochester and Strood byelection, admits senior Conservative
Tory cabinet source says Ukip will win and the Conservative party’s best hope is to ‘keep defeat to single digits’

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... mit-defeat
The Tories have written off their chances of winning – or even coming close to winning – in this week’s crucial Rochester and Strood byelection, saying the best they could now hope for is to cut Ukip’s victory margin to less than 10 points.

The admission – designed to limit the shock to Tory MPs of a thumping defeat on the night – is nonetheless a humiliation for David Cameron and his party, which said a few weeks ago that it was confident of victory and would “throw the kitchen sink” at defending the seat. With Ukip leader Nigel Farage predicting more defections in coming weeks, the Tories are now claiming they are not unduly worried by a second byelection loss to the anti-EU party, because they also expect Labour to suffer a meltdown in its vote...
yeah right, 'not unduly worried' my arse.

Meanwhile Dave is trying to up the machismo at the G20 - one last try at appearing tough and in control before the Rochester meltdown?
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

alan mills ‏@alanmills405 · 7m7 minutes ago  South East, England
Some Labour MPs fight for us, others advertise relatives' coffee shops and their book

Oooooo bitchy. LOL

Or said with feeling. 8-)
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

ohsocynical wrote:
ephemerid wrote:

Thanks OhSo.

I am relieved. I thought it was so brilliant I got carried away...

Carried away?

As we discussed elsewhere, I think this calls for the untender ministrations of Lady Jacobia Rees-Moggy - "carried away" indeed.

She will be here in the morning to instruct you all in the ways of the gentry, and judging by the behaviour generally today by various Twits (no names, no packdrill) she cannot be consulted a moment too soon.

I will sign off now to prepare myself for the rest my alter-ego requires to summon up the strength to deal with the re-education of the lower orders. It's a trial, but never let it be said the aristocracy does not do its duty.

Toodlepip!
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

8-) Under the direction of @KarenDanczuk, I'm making Danczuk Stew - it's sold out again! @DanczuksDeli

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(This follows on from mine above)