Thursday 27th November 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 27th November 2014

Post by citizenJA »

Provisional long-term international migration estimates by citizenship show that in the year ending June 2014...estimated number of British citizens immigrating to the UK was 83,000.
(my bold)

Nearly 32% of the immigrants are UK citizens, according to today's figures released by the ONS. Dave & his government did their best to dissuade regular UK citizens from coming.
Immigration of non-EU citizens increased to 272,000 in the year ending June 2014 from 242,000 in the previous year.

IPS estimates show that the majority of these Other Foreign citizens arrive for formal study (86,000) and the numbers arriving for study have been stable for some time.

The increase in immigration among this citizenship group appears to be driven by a statistically significant rise in Other Foreign citizens accompanying/joining others (29,000 compared to 13,000 in the previous year).
(my bold)

Skilled work visas granted, university sponsored students accepted & family coming home to help pay the rent.
The longer term decline in immigration of non-EU citizens has been largely due to lower immigration of New Commonwealth citizens, in particular for study.

An estimated 34,000 New Commonwealth citizens arrived for study in the year ending June 2014, which is a decrease, albeit not statistically significant, from the estimate of 41,000 who arrived in the previous year.

Inflows of New Commonwealth citizens for formal study remain around their lowest levels seen since 2002 and well below the peak of 108,000 in the year ending June 2011. These changes are likely to be related to changes seen in the visa statistics, reflecting the sharp decline in sponsored study applications in the Further Education sector.
(my bold)

I know little about the immigration/migration patterns of New Commonwealth citizens - I suspect no new wealth shared in common may account for the decline in their dwindling numbers.
Administrative data on entry clearance visas provide information on the nationality of those who are coming to the UK, though they relate to those nationals subject to immigration control.
I should hope so; expensive travel documents pasted with expensive visas are easy enough to tally, if there's anyone left employed to welcome new arrivals & check their documents.
The majority of people subject to immigration control are nationals of non-EU countries.
That makes sense. If you're not in the EU, movement isn't free; it costs a lot more. Beacon transmittal implants make immigrants subjected to control more likely, unless a multi-national corporation of dubious legitimacy got the contract. Then everyone is fair game - all of us subjectively controlled.

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/migration ... -to-the-UK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

LadyCentauria wrote:
pk1 wrote:
danesclose wrote:Morning all.
New Statesman has just tweeted:
Blimey, that's a huge increase on the last set of figures isn't it ? IIRC the last set said 243,000.

Oh dear, Dave :rofl:
And it is both EU and non-EU immigration that is rising. At the same time, emigration, which had fallen quite steeply, has only risen very slowly.
Oh dear, you've copied my post meaning I can't edit out the :rofl: which @OpenSeas claims to have found so offensive :D

Never mind eh, it's not as if OpenSeas can be arsed to sign up & argue the toss - instead he goes squealing off to cif to post his bile with his kipper buddies.

:toss:
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Anyone else having trouble with Twitter?
I don't Tweet yet.

I wondered when we'd be shut down.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Good post from Tim Fenton.

Owen Jones, so it seems, doesn't know anything about railways.

http://zelo-street.blogspot.co.uk/2014/ ... ilway.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Although Owen Jones clearly does not understand the ways that railways are run, I think the article does paint a rosey view of how things are on the railways. I use railways all over Western Europe and UK trains are the worst I have experienced and I tell you for why

Unless you are on specific routes the rolling stock is pretty lousy

The amount of 'bus replacement' services is very high

The trains are too short and there are not enough standard class seats on many inter-city journey

Reliability is still poor - I love the comment 'the next station stop' instead of 'stop' seeing they seem to stop so randomly in between stations

Tickets are very expensive - you can get good deals but only if you book in advance and then only on specific trains. I was in Piccadilly last week and had a choice of 16 fares - can someone tell me when peak times are? Do tourists know the difference between a Virgina and Cross-Country train. Clued up travellers can get an okay price but actually I would say a lot overpay. I was speaking to a Chinese visitor who paid £95 for a single between Edinburgh and Manchester and he had no idea why it cost so much. Don't even get me started on season tickets - just for those who know the prices of these, in comparison a 2nd Class GA in Switzerland costs CHF3550 (around £2250 - this is with the current very strong CHF) per year and this gives travel on virtually all trains and buses at any time

I do not say all is the fault of the train operating companies but the UK train system is fragmented and expensive, as well as being unreliable.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Anyone fancy donating to Sheffield Hallam Labour to help topple Clegg ?

https://yoomee.nationbuilder.com/crowdfund" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:On Mitchell let's not forget the, I think, unanswered questions about aid to Rwanda!
Good point, I'd forgot that...
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

yahyah wrote:Ah, some good news, Ashcroft poll shows UKIP in second place to the Tories in Thanet South where Farage is standing. Five points behind, was leading by four in the summer.
I suspect the result would have been different had Farage been named as the UKIP candidate, though......

Re the Watford result, Labour were narrowly ahead in the last poll - but that was before the LibDems selected Dorothy Thornhill, with the resultant personality cult. In the circumstances they will probably be disappointed not to be leading :twisted:
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Dan Hodges @DPJHodges · 10m 10 minutes ago
One good thing about Plebgate is that in the course of writing about it I became friends with a good, honorable man called Andrew Mitchell.
DH is in thrall to an arrogant, lying, Tory* hell-bent on making life as difficult as possible for those who aren't apportioned an equitable share of prosperity created by everyone & kept by a few, like Mitchell.

*edited to make my condemnation of Mitchell unequivocal by using a different word with many thanks to my friends here.
Last edited by citizenJA on Thu 27 Nov, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

He looks furious. If I were his cat I'd hide tonight.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

citizenJA wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Dan Hodges @DPJHodges · 10m 10 minutes ago
One good thing about Plebgate is that in the course of writing about it I became friends with a good, honorable man called Andrew Mitchell.
DH is in thrall to an arrogant, lying, criminal hell-bent on making life as difficult as possible for those who aren't apportioned an equitable share of prosperity created by everyone & kept by a few, like Mitchell.
Hello Citizen, I fully understand your sentiments but steady on there with the 'criminal'. As far as I know Mitchell hasn't been convicted of anything. That may be lack of information on my part - if so, feel free to put me right.
Working on the wild side.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.wessexscene.co.uk/news/2014/ ... ronmustgo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wessex list of cameroshambles.
Attachments
wessex camerogaffs.png
wessex camerogaffs.png (241.88 KiB) Viewed 12318 times
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

yahyah wrote:Image

He looks furious. If I were his cat I'd hide tonight.
Now you've made me hope he doesn't have a cat ....
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

yahyah wrote:Anyone fancy donating to Sheffield Hallam Labour to help topple Clegg ?

https://yoomee.nationbuilder.com/crowdfund" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you for the link, Yahyah. Meanwhile...

Eleven political parties registered in Great Britain reported accepting £14,914,487 in donations between 1 July and 30 September 2014...

The seven political parties to report the most in donations were:

- Conservative Party – £6,744,693

- Labour Party – £3,188,931

- Liberal Democrats - £2,752,873

- Scottish National Party (SNP) - £1,572,825

- Co-operative Party - £415,114

- UK Independence Party (UKIP) - £98,387

- Green Party - £88,250

http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i ... ublished17" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Retweeted 1,345 times
Dr Éoin Clarke ‏@LabourEoin Nov 26
Cameron only ever talks about the blue dot. Retweet if u want him to start talking about the green dot #CameronMustGo
Attachments
blue dot.jpg
blue dot.jpg (33.22 KiB) Viewed 12314 times
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Max Kinnings ‏@maxkinnings 31m31 minutes ago
@DPJHodges Well of course you can only form an opinion of someone if you've met them in person. I'm lovely by the way. You?

Dan HodgesVerified account
‏@DPJHodges
@maxkinnings You're right. It's always much better to form a judgment of someone via the media.
Bit of an irony fail there IMO. Does DFHodges not count himself / his opinions as part of the media?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Andrew Mitchell's defeat over plebgate caps a terrible week for the Tories' reputation
The ruling against the former chief whip and David Mellor's snobbish attack on a taxi driver have confirmed the Tories' image as "the party of the rich".

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/20 ... reputation
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

James Rowbottom ‏@JamesRowbo 2m2 minutes ago
Georgie Porgie, pudding and pie (taxed them both)- oh look, he's high! http://i100.io/Ywie0rg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; #GeorgeOsborne #toriesout #pmqs #CameronMustGo

The plebs seem to be revolting
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

James Doleman ‏@jamesdoleman 15m15 minutes ago
Would never diss the Old Bailey but got a feeling Glasgow Sheriff Court might edge it for drama tomorrow.
:?:

edit to add: Craig Whyte, ex-Rangers FC owner is in court.
Last edited by pk1 on Thu 27 Nov, 2014 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

pk1 wrote:
Would never diss the Old Bailey but got a feeling Glasgow Sheriff Court might edge it for drama tomorrow.

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/current-b ... 0000d74aa7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Will have a look at the cases there tomorrow.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

yahyah wrote:
pk1 wrote:

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/current-b ... 0000d74aa7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Will have a look at the cases there tomorrow.
No need yahyah, just edited my post.

(Sending you a PM)
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

pk1 wrote:

edit to add: Craig Whyte, ex-Rangers FC owner is in court.
Anything to do with Sheridan / Coulson and the perjury stuff?
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Is it this ?

Former Rangers owner Craig Whyte held at Heathrow Airport
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g ... t-30222858" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's due in court tomorrow.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

LOL @yahyah & RR2 - yes, that's it. Doleman did reply to my tweet but not before I had posted it here but thank you both :hug:
onebuttonmonkey
Committee Chair

Post by onebuttonmonkey »

With thanks to Refitman who's mentioned this above, the BBCQT rant is now up in full over here:

http://onebuttonmonkey.squarespace.com/ ... mford.html

I'm not sure I'll have stopped laughing at Mitchell by the time the show starts. But even if you have stopped laughing at the odious little man, your TV will thank you for not watching Question Time.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Some very, *very*, VERY weird weightings in today's "Miliband in danger" poll apparently.

I think this one can safely be ignored.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

James Chapman (Mail) @jameschappers · 4h 4 hours ago
Alex Salmond, politician of year, weeps into St George's Cross hanky. "When I look at this I think 'respect'" #spectatorawards
:?: WTF? :?:

Please tell me it's a Chapman flight of fancy ....
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Zoe Williams ‏@zoesqwilliams 8h8 hours ago
@warwickmansell would you call yourself a statistician? I'm writing about something and trying to describe you

odysseanproject ‏@odysseanproject 2h2 hours ago
@zoesqwilliams @warwickmansell He's an anti-Academy campaigner who dislikes organisations like ARK taking over awful schools

Zoe Williams
‏@zoesqwilliams
@odysseanproject @warwickmansell oh hey Dominic! What shall I call you? I'm going with rabid possessive individualist. *joke*

odysseanproject ‏@odysseanproject 2h2 hours ago
@zoesqwilliams 'Asshole' gets a lot of votes! I'm not a libertarian & have explained why I think it's deeply flawed perspective
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

I came across one of those Blue Labour people today.

It was asserted that London Labour was heading to the right because some London Labour MPs have expressed reservations about the Mansion Tax. This was contrasted with Scottish Labour "moving to the left to reconnect". If it's about representatives, then the Scottish ones have voted overwhelmingly for Jim Murphy.

I got the impression Blue Labour is mainly about slagging off London.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

tinyclanger2 wrote:James Rowbottom ‏@JamesRowbo 2m2 minutes ago
Georgie Porgie, pudding and pie (taxed them both)- oh look, he's high! http://i100.io/Ywie0rg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; #GeorgeOsborne #toriesout #pmqs #CameronMustGo

Oh my god - I'm alarmed by that - that's awful...is Osborne okay? He must have made it home okay, right?
diGriz
Committee Chair

Post by diGriz »

citizenJA wrote:
tinyclanger2 wrote:James Rowbottom ‏@JamesRowbo 2m2 minutes ago

Oh my god - I'm alarmed by that - that's awful...is Osborne okay? He must have made it home okay, right?
“In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Not read this yet, just got caught by the headline - off to read it now...

Is criticism of Ed Miliband a coded form of anti-Semitism?
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 85745.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
citizenJA wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
DH is in thrall to an arrogant, lying, criminal hell-bent on making life as difficult as possible for those who aren't apportioned an equitable share of prosperity created by everyone & kept by a few, like Mitchell.
Hello Citizen, I fully understand your sentiments but steady on there with the 'criminal'. As far as I know Mitchell hasn't been convicted of anything. That may be lack of information on my part - if so, feel free to put me right.
Duly noted.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Some very, *very*, VERY weird weightings in today's "Miliband in danger" poll apparently.

Am I being a bit paranoid to think that we're going to see a lot of weird polls that just happen to give misleading impressions?
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Busy Nottingham food bank to close in protest at harsh council cuts
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 85641.html
A busy food bank is shutting down in protest against the local council allegedly using its existence as a reason to deny hardship funds to local people who cannot afford to pay for basics.

The NG7 food bank in Nottingham has fed more than 5,000 people since it opened two and a half years ago. But it will shut its doors after Christmas because the organisers are upset that the city council is justifying welfare cuts on the grounds that desperate people can turn to food banks instead.

The volunteers behind the food bank say that “other approaches” are now required to help those in need without legitimising council spending cuts. “The setting up and development of this food bank has been underpinned by a specific ethos. In particular, we have been concerned with the way punitive welfare reforms and further draconian immigration policy has affected already vulnerable groups,” the food bank said in a statement issued this week.

“Regrettably and disappointingly, in meeting with senior NCC [Nottingham City Council] managers they have advocated the co-opting of food banks, as part of their strategies in avoidance of using their own funds.

“Given these facts and despite our best ongoing efforts, we have recognised that we are not being used as a temporary service of last resort, but rather being seen as a part of the long term strategy of replacement for statutory services, who have a duty and the resources to address a large part of the need.”...
This awful situation was sort of inevitable ... both foodbank and council caught between a rock and a hard place. And all the while the DWP and coalition vultures refuse to acknowledge the link between food banks and cuts, food banks and their policies.

The food bank is between a rock and a hard place - I don't agree that the council is.

Despite being a Labour-controlled authority, NCC is not using the funds it has been given from central government for hardship support - this is happening all over the country, and councils are increasingly using the unringfenced funds to cover other cuts.
I appreciate that the other cuts are difficult for the councils concerned - but they should not be using hardships funding for them.

The staff at the food bank are, quite rightly, angry that they are being used so that the council can use the money it has for another purpose; Chris Mould (Trussell Trust) said earlier in the year that he was furious about jobcentres and local authorities sending people the food banks before informing them that hardship funds were available to them, and he was very concerned that TT was replacing support that should be provided by the state. He was right to be concerned.

I feel for the people who will no longer have that food bank to go to, and their situation will not get better any time soon.
But the issue is this - the government, and the local authorities to a lesser extent, are basically expecting charity to provide what they should provide - Misuse it, and you'll lose it.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Toe-curlingly awkward exchange between Tory MP Michael Fabricant and LBC presenter (and friend of Andrew Mitchell) Iain Dale after a judge rules against the former Tory Chief Whip at the High Court in the latest twist in the #Plebgate saga.
https://audioboom.com/boos/2688015-a-lo ... ce=twitter
It started off as buttock-clenchingly awkward ...
Iain Dale @IainDale · 1h 1 hour ago
LISTEN: A rather buttock-clenchingly awkward interview with @Mike_Fabricant - wait for the silent bit! #Plebgate " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
My buttocks are relaxed and my toes, yes I've checked, straight - but it is awkward.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ephemerid wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Busy Nottingham food bank to close in protest at harsh council cuts
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 85641.html
A busy food bank is shutting down in protest against the local council allegedly using its existence as a reason to deny hardship funds to local people who cannot afford to pay for basics.

The NG7 food bank in Nottingham has fed more than 5,000 people since it opened two and a half years ago. But it will shut its doors after Christmas because the organisers are upset that the city council is justifying welfare cuts on the grounds that desperate people can turn to food banks instead.

The volunteers behind the food bank say that “other approaches” are now required to help those in need without legitimising council spending cuts. “The setting up and development of this food bank has been underpinned by a specific ethos. In particular, we have been concerned with the way punitive welfare reforms and further draconian immigration policy has affected already vulnerable groups,” the food bank said in a statement issued this week.

“Regrettably and disappointingly, in meeting with senior NCC [Nottingham City Council] managers they have advocated the co-opting of food banks, as part of their strategies in avoidance of using their own funds.

“Given these facts and despite our best ongoing efforts, we have recognised that we are not being used as a temporary service of last resort, but rather being seen as a part of the long term strategy of replacement for statutory services, who have a duty and the resources to address a large part of the need.”...
This awful situation was sort of inevitable ... both foodbank and council caught between a rock and a hard place. And all the while the DWP and coalition vultures refuse to acknowledge the link between food banks and cuts, food banks and their policies.

The food bank is between a rock and a hard place - I don't agree that the council is.

Despite being a Labour-controlled authority, NCC is not using the funds it has been given from central government for hardship support - this is happening all over the country, and councils are increasingly using the unringfenced funds to cover other cuts.
I appreciate that the other cuts are difficult for the councils concerned - but they should not be using hardships funding for them.

The staff at the food bank are, quite rightly, angry that they are being used so that the council can use the money it has for another purpose; Chris Mould (Trussell Trust) said earlier in the year that he was furious about jobcentres and local authorities sending people the food banks before informing them that hardship funds were available to them, and he was very concerned that TT was replacing support that should be provided by the state. He was right to be concerned.

I feel for the people who will no longer have that food bank to go to, and their situation will not get better any time soon.
But the issue is this - the government, and the local authorities to a lesser extent, are basically expecting charity to provide what they should provide - Misuse it, and you'll lose it.
I agree with all of that ephemerid - my original post might have been not as clear as it should have been ... I see the problem as you see it ... that government and local authorities are expecting charity to provide what they should provide (not a new issue, I've worked for enough charities to know that is a question that crops up time and time again) but ... I also see that local authorities are being pinched like they've never been pinched before and so will allow them to be also in the between a rock and hard place position - I'm certainly not excusing them entirely mind.
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

DPAC supported action on this:

Free lifts to school for disabled children facing axe by Coventry Council.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/c ... ign=buffer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This means 4-16 year olds. Essentially it is disabled transport, but makes it sound like these children are getting a freeby that other people don't get. These kids won't get to school at all without this kind of assistance. I don't know whether this is a widespread practice in councils or an isolated example, but I do know these children have as much right to access education as any other children.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

citizenJA wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
citizenJA wrote:DH is in thrall to an arrogant, lying, criminal hell-bent on making life as difficult as possible for those who aren't apportioned an equitable share of prosperity created by everyone & kept by a few, like Mitchell.
Duly noted.
Hope you've seen my PM to you. If not - it basically says you rock and this is just me being Mrs Sensible for a change. :hug:
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Sorry bit obsessed with #cameronmustgo - very illuminating and still trending
Attachments
ed_cam rights.jpg
ed_cam rights.jpg (30.32 KiB) Viewed 12245 times
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

seeingclearly wrote:DPAC supported action on this:

Free lifts to school for disabled children facing axe by Coventry Council.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/c ... ign=buffer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This means 4-16 year olds. Essentially it is disabled transport, but makes it sound like these children are getting a freeby that other people don't get. These kids won't get to school at all without this kind of assistance. I don't know whether this is a widespread practice in councils or an isolated example, but I do know these children have as much right to access education as any other children.
I think there have been other councils making similar cuts - seem to remember a story relatively recently about it. Awful stuff happening now. Feels like the impact of government cuts to local authorities and other central programmes is really starting to have a very visible impact now ... with much more in the pipeline.

I'm sure Ernst will be along later to tell us what it is like trying to deal with the cuts to local authorities from a councillor perspective ... in his usual frank and robust way. I hope so anyway. I wouldn't like to be in that position now.

Editing to take out the 'doing' - which was doing nothing.
Last edited by rebeccariots2 on Thu 27 Nov, 2014 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Spacedone wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:Some very, *very*, VERY weird weightings in today's "Miliband in danger" poll apparently.

Am I being a bit paranoid to think that we're going to see a lot of weird polls that just happen to give misleading impressions?
As I said, most of Ashcroft's polls are very decent - but this one does fit into a wider MSM agenda doesn't it?

Worth mentioning here, perhaps, that right wing papers have more than once sent hacks up to Donny North hoping to find massive discontent there with Ed. They have, however, mostly been unsuccessful, though one "report" did suggest recently he might be in danger 'cos they had found a few blokes in a pub who were voting UKIP :roll: :lol:

(yes, that really *was* all the "story" amounted to IIRC :twisted:)
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

Dan Hodges @DPJHodges
· 3h 3 hours ago
I've asked Havisham Dan when we can expect his piece on why Plebgate is bad for Ed; oddly he hasn't replied, and neither has he replied to my earlier enquiry as to why there was such a silence over Osborne's appearance yesterday, when we all know if it had been anybody called Ed he'd be on it like a rash. And look who was my wingman on that question .....
Martin Rowson ‏@MartinRowson · 4h4 hours ago
@AndyLucia Meanwhile @DPJHodges stays Trappist on #OsborneMustBeUrineTested. What is he scared of????
:D
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Re Twitter
Mine's gone odd now, no reply or retweet buttons - anyone else having problems ?
diGriz
Committee Chair

Post by diGriz »

AngryAsWell wrote:Re Twitter
Mine's gone odd now, no reply or retweet buttons - anyone else having problems ?
https://downdetector.co.uk/problems/twitter

[edit] It might not hurt to close your browser completely and open it up again. Or even reboot the PC. Gremlins get everywhere.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

particularly enjoyed this one:
Attachments
not at all class.jpg
not at all class.jpg (33.58 KiB) Viewed 12213 times
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

tinyclanger2 wrote:particularly enjoyed this one:
She makes her living by pointing at things .... shitty or not depending on your opinion .... but which we pay tax on.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
citizenJA wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
You're right. Let the judiciary decide. He's an arrogant, lying, Tory.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
citizenJA wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote: Hello Citizen, I fully understand your sentiments but steady on there with the 'criminal'. As far as I know Mitchell hasn't been convicted of anything. That may be lack of information on my part - if so, feel free to put me right.
Duly noted.
Hope you've seen my PM to you. If not - it basically says you rock and this is just me being Mrs Sensible for a change. :hug:
:rock:
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

diGriz wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:Re Twitter
https://downdetector.co.uk/problems/twitter

[edit] It might not hurt to close your browser completely and open it up again. Or even reboot the PC. Gremlins get everywhere.
Thanks but not worked :( still no reply or retweet button, wonder if they doing an update or something ...
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I've sent you a message in return, RebeccaRiots2 - thank you, thank you.

I even sent you my favourite smiley. But it's a post so everyone can enjoy it. I hardly ever use smileys. I fancy myself a writer. I should probably use emoticons more often.