Tuesday 27th October 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 27th October 2015

Post by HindleA »

Nearly always is a record number in employment,it is called population growth.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Peter Jukes ‏@peterjukes 15m15 minutes ago
Oh no. Not the author of Downton Abbey too? Please tell me Julian Fellowes didn't vote to penalise 3m families? @Jimbob1414

He did vote to cut them.
Glad I've never been a Downton fan.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

FBU leaders to recommend that union re-affiliates to Labour

Leaders of the Fire Brigades Union are to recommend that the FBU re-affiliates to the Labour party, the Press Association reports.
The FBU left Labour in 2004 after a bitter pay dispute with the then government of Tony Blair. It was one of the first trade unions to come out in open support of Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn.

General secretary Matt Wrack said: “We have seen a remarkable turn of events during the summer, which we hope will change the political landscape to make for a fairer, more just Britain.

“The Labour leader is fully and unreservedly pro trade unions. Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell have supported the FBU for many years. In fact, more than a decade ago they co-founded the FBU’s parliamentary group, of which they are still both members.”

The conference will be held on November 27.
From AS Blog.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Robin Brant ‏@robindbrant 6m6 minutes ago
controversial #fracking proposals SI has gone through del leg cmte in commons, may get the nod tmrw or, more likely, vote by MPs next weds

Robin Brant ‏@robindbrant 4m4 minutes ago
.@Conservatives spinners out there looking for an osbo SI good news story see my previous #fracking tweet
I think this underhand move may well come back and bite them on their arse - as well. A lot of 'natural' Conservative voters and wannabees won't like the U turn on allowing fracking under national parks and areas of special scientific interest. Not one little bit. Wait until those groups wake up to what has gone on.
Working on the wild side.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Hilariously, one Tory MP (in a bizarre intervention to Helen Goodman's speech) said welfare reforms were good because they forced minority women out of the house to learn English.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

LabourLordsUK ‏@LabourLordsUK 16m16 minutes ago
Peers shortly to vote on Tory attempt to rig next general election. Look out for more 'constitutional outrage' nonsense from No.10 tonight
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Martin Rowson's been rather naughty !

edited to remove dodgy link
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Here's the pic :lol:

ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

yahyah wrote:Here's the pic :lol:

Flaming Nora...Scrolling quickly down and that flashed in front of my eyes....I may never recover....
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Victoria Atkins is another complete bullshitter.

Bercow basically told her to finish because she's a windbag.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

yahyah wrote:Peter Jukes ‏@peterjukes 15m15 minutes ago
Oh no. Not the author of Downton Abbey too? Please tell me Julian Fellowes didn't vote to penalise 3m families? @Jimbob1414

He did vote to cut them.
Glad I've never been a Downton fan.
Seb Coe, and that Mona underwear bird?
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Brings a whole new meaning to Julian Glover's purple prose in the Guardian about Cameron being vigorous, glossy and unbending.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Tory cloning machine working overtime.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

I knew I shouldn't have read the story about the elderly man waiting for deportation who died in handcuffs. How disgusting our systems have become - utterly dehumanised. Harmondsworth. Private security / detention firm. Poor man whom I completely fail to understand how anyone could have justified treating in this way - or, why he needed to be deported back to Canada when he was travelling to Slovenia to see his family for the last time ....?
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Had to turn off- Priti Patel was starting.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

HindleA wrote:Tory cloning machine working overtime.
Isn't it just?

Though to be fair, Jeremy LeFroy was good, and I missed Graham Stuart.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

yahyah wrote:Brings a whole new meaning to Julian Glover's purple prose in the Guardian about Cameron being vigorous, glossy and unbending.
Rowson at his best. Sums that pair of ......s up perfectly. Only thing missing is Rees-Mogg doing something 'perfectly proper'.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

yahyah wrote:George OsborneVerified account ‏@George_Osborne 3m3 minutes ago
GDP is 0.5%. UK continues to outperform other major economies. But global risks mean we go on with tough decisions to live within our means
Please come to Stoke, Chancellor Jeff, please come to Stoke by yourself and explain your tough decisions, what you mean by 'living within our means' and excite us further with your 'GDP is 0.5%' glory speech. Please, do.

Come here alone, George Osborne, and explain your procedure all over the UK on your own. Identify yourself and explain your convictions. Explain to your employers, Osborne, how the decimation of livelihoods, degraded employment conditions, is necessary. Explain to each of us exactly why tax credits, for example, are too expensive and must be cut while taxes the most wealthy of us pay aren't necessary, we can afford to give our wealthiest friends tax cuts, that's affordable, according to you, but people working in order to have some place to live and have something to eat need to go without. Please explain to us on your own how that's fair, just and appropriate.

It's not your job to frighten people, healthy, ill, disabled people, older people, young people, people not paid a lot others paid enough but are increasingly finding they're no longer receiving greater compensation following years of work and getting the big doughnut instead of the just and proper fiduciary acknowledgement their expertise requires. You're frightening people you work for, Osborne. And you're an alarming ideologue I must say. You need to make your case to all the UK people. We're incredulous finding ourselves told we're too expensive, according to you. We can't afford to compensate people properly, says you. What's up with that, Jeff?

Osborne, you're interfering with our ability to make a living for ourselves, making it harder to function and contribute to a country I love, my home, my only home, I love it because my love is here. Our civilisation, society is threatened when our creative endeavours become harder now because fear makes it hard to thrive. And the fear is generated by your government. I really must be allowed to say that to your face, Osborne, without fear for my or my peoples' safety. I want an apology and a promise you'll stop frightening people who didn't get born with a ready-made inheritance, for example. There's nothing wrong with getting born without the need to ever work for a living. It's wrong not understanding it's not all about you, your wants, what your few friends and family want and proceed to take what doesn't belong to you. You don't get it all. Other people get some too. Let's talk about that together.

Every Tory front bencher, I ask each of you all to show up alone and with regularity to places in the UK you've not visited well enough yet. And explain yourselves. It's part of your job as UK Parliamentary representatives elected by a democratic people who you're answerable to. All of them. Even the ones who didn't vote for you. Come to our communities without your security, your media, do what regular people do, like the MPs you sit opposite in the House do, Edward Miliband, Jeremy Corbyn and Angela Eagle, for example, - people who believe in themselves, their work, fairness, justice-lovers, they don't make it a habit to hide from people they work for.

I wouldn't harm you in any way and I doubt anyone else would either. I want to hear you to justify yourself in front of me, in front of all the people you're calling too expensive and somehow beyond the means of the United Kingdom 2015 to employ, compensate, educate, heal, care for and represent properly.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Adam Boulton Retweeted
Chris Mason ‏@ChrisMasonBBC 4m4 minutes ago
There's another defeat for the Government in the House of Lords...(1/3)

... votes for a Labour amendment to a 'fatal' Lib Dem motion - to stop the Government... (2/3)

.. speeding up the transfer to individual voter registration. (3/3)
Jack Blanchard
‏@Jack_Blanchard_
House of Lords votes down Tory plans to shake-up voter registration which could have seen two million people fall off the electoral register
EDIT: APPARENTLY SOME OF THE MEDIA GOT THIS WRONG INITIALLY ... THE GOVT WON THIS ONE. PANTS ALL ROUND.
Last edited by rebeccariots2 on Tue 27 Oct, 2015 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Michael Savage ‏@michaelsavage 2m2 minutes ago
Michael Savage Retweeted Jack Blanchard
Constitutional crisis grows further. It's now coming through the doors/windows. Head to the bunker & take provisions
:lol:
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good-evening, everyone.
It's been a long day.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Alex Andreou ‏@sturdyAlex 28m28 minutes ago
11 millionaires who voted to cut tax credits for the poorest and were paid £300 each for showing up. Shame on you.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/11 ... ry-6713773" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

That's a powerful post Citizen JA.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"Gobblydebollox"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

From Patel
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Wrong what I said earlier,further discussions.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Adam Boulton Retweeted
There's another defeat for the Government in the House of Lords...(1/3)

... votes for a Labour amendment to a 'fatal' Lib Dem motion - to stop the Government... (2/3)

.. speeding up the transfer to individual voter registration. (3/3)
Jack Blanchard
‏@Jack_Blanchard_
House of Lords votes down Tory plans to shake-up voter registration which could have seen two million people fall off the electoral register

Excellent. That feeling of impotence at watching the Tories do their worst has lessened in the last twenty four hours.

But they won't take this lying down, bullies that they are.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Nic Dakin ‏@NicDakinMP 2m2 minutes ago
Nic Dakin Retweeted Tom Blenkinsop
Really of concern if Secretary of State isn't leading for Govt in debate in future if steel industry

Tom BlenkinsopVerified account
‏@TomBlenkinsop
so Sajid Javid isn't responding to #Labour's debate on steel tomorrow. Has he learnt all the worst lessons of Matt Hancock?
Yet another person with the responsibility going walkabout ... seems to be a Tory trait.

I'm expecting Nicky Morgan to be filling in for everyone soon.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
yahyah wrote:Brings a whole new meaning to Julian Glover's purple prose in the Guardian about Cameron being vigorous, glossy and unbending.
Rowson at his best. Sums that pair of ......s up perfectly. Only thing missing is Rees-Mogg doing something 'perfectly proper'.
Point of order.
It's, 'imperfectly proper'.
Apparently, that's the cream of the jest.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Michael Savage ‏@michaelsavage 2m2 minutes ago
Michael Savage Retweeted Jack Blanchard
Constitutional crisis grows further. It's now coming through the doors/windows. Head to the bunker & take provisions
:lol:

Makes living through the Cuban missile crisis seem like a teddy bears picnic in comparision. :lol:
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

IDS turning up,at the end ,as is his habit,didn't see the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Disabled People (what next Lord of all he surveys?)
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

HindleA wrote:IDS turning up,at the end ,as is his habit,didn't see the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Disabled People (what next Lord of all he surveys?)
I don't think his man in the Lords showed up yesterday.

Poor old Earl Howe who was slaughtered is part-time Deputy Leader of the House, part time Defence Minister.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

IDS appearing in front of the W and P Select Committee,tomorrow .

http://www.parliament.uk/business/commi ... committee/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

HindleA wrote:IDS appearing in front of the W and P Select Committee,tomorrow .

http://www.parliament.uk/business/commi ... committee/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
With Devereux and Driver from the DWP. He'll be leaning heavily on them.
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

This is good from Owen Jones, you may recognise some of what he is saying.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... lternative" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

--------------

RR, I know exactly what you mean about the elderly man, by what right do they do such things? The article describes him as being dressed immaculately and ready to leave to travel home, so not desperately demented then, and being in a care home is not being in prison, no matter what duty of care they had to him. In former times we would have found ways to courteously facilitate him to arrive safely and meet his family, not incarcerate him. As it is they did not hear about these events for months. What a shamefully inhumane place this has come to be, there are daily excesses from people in authority. I ask again by what right do they act?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Rob Ford ‏@robfordmancs 12m12 minutes ago
Looks like govt changes to electoral registration calendar just survived in Lords. Potentially big implications for 2020 boundaries
:?: I thought we just heard it had been defeated - or is that a different amendment?
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

The Telegraph rushing headlong to become the new Daily Mail.

''Jeremy Corbyn is too thick to be Prime Minister
Two Es at A-level and a lack of clear natural talent means that Mr Corbyn simply isn't quick witted enough to become leader of the country''
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... ister.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

The sickening sight of joviality as they vote to remove thirty quid off sick/disabled people.Only "new claims" they say,so that is OK then;of course "new" claim also does not mean it is not the same people,as current.
Last edited by HindleA on Tue 27 Oct, 2015 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Looks like the media initially got it wrong about the govt being defeated on plans to bring forward cut off for individual registration to vote. The govt have apparently won that one.

Pants.

Triple pants.

Triply filthy pants.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

HindleA wrote:The sickening sight of joviality as they vote to remove thirty quid off sick/disabled people.Only "new claims" they say,so that is OK then;of course "new" claim also does not mean it is not the same people.
Thanks for reporting on it.
I find it too depressing/anger making to watch.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"Gobblydebollox"part two.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

yahyah wrote:That's a powerful post Citizen JA.
Thank you, dearest heart, thank you.
I didn't intend to write to write it, it just happened.

I don't dig wealthy, powerful people trying to make off with the whole thing, you know?
It's rude, immoral, dangerous and in bad taste.

We've accomplished some fine things together, throughout history, during my own history, I've witnessed social changes. Lives of people who wouldn't have lived beyond childhood, maybe, I know and love. They took the opportunity peaceful space created and learned and love what they know and do. They laugh more often than cry and are pleasures to be around.

I admire laughing, joyful people rising, doing good work, continuing to love mostly, usually doing what is good to do. I'm awkward, socially. But you all knew that already. Thank you for your continued patience with me.

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Nic Dakin ‏@NicDakinMP 2m2 minutes ago
Nic Dakin Retweeted Tom Blenkinsop
Really of concern if Secretary of State isn't leading for Govt in debate in future if steel industry

Tom BlenkinsopVerified account
‏@TomBlenkinsop
so Sajid Javid isn't responding to #Labour's debate on steel tomorrow. Has he learnt all the worst lessons of Matt Hancock?
Yet another person with the responsibility going walkabout ... seems to be a Tory trait.

I'm expecting Nicky Morgan to be filling in for everyone soon.
As I recall pre-election this was a bizarre and notable feature, key figures were silent and invisible except for a few well publicised events. Hence the Govian error on TCs! Apparently no hymn sheets but happy to call out every little difference between Labour spokespersons.

Not surprised that IDS is currently not evident. Perhaps they muzzle him and keep him in the basement until needed.

I do believe if they could they'd dispense with most of it, Lords, opposition, and even their own back benches, who they only use to shore themselves up, or to provide a convenient mouthpiece/scapegoat. When faced with democratic constitutional correctness they don't know what to do with it! Says everything you need to know about what they really are. I agree with JA, let them talk to the people.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

John Rentoul ‏@JohnRentoul 22h22 hours ago
Liking how this tax credits business has suddenly turned Corbynites into avid defenders of Blair govt's record on fending off inequality.
He gets paid for writing about politics?

The Corbynites voted for tax credits at the time.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

He is there now,Third Reading.
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

HindleA wrote:IDS turning up,at the end ,as is his habit,didn't see the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Disabled People (what next Lord of all he surveys?)

Ha, I missed this. They let him loose then.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Rentoul's got more!
Declan Gaffney ‏@djmgaffneyw4 21h21 hours ago
@JohnRentoul Didn't Blair say he wasn't keen on tax credit expansion 2003/4? More GB than TB surely.
1 retweet 2 favorites
Reply Retweet 1 Favorite 2

John Rentoul ‏@JohnRentoul 21h21 hours ago
@djmgaffneyw4 That wouldn't annoy Corbyn's supporters so much, though.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

From the IFS. Who apparently aren't taking all the good stuff the government's doing into their calculations.

But to be fair to the Tories, I don't see expanded childcare in 2017 in the figures for this year. If it happens at all.
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

I can see sometimes why Corbyn is so sparse with what he says. TBH, people out there seem to be listening to his words more because of it, and paying more attention to events than before. I'm surprised by this, after years of right wingers, naysayers and cybernats. Glad to hear the firemen so Union are thinking of reaffiliating. Activists have supported them a lot.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

This family is the real face of tax credits. How uncomfortable does that make you feel?
Once, we lived a life at the height of privilege - and then two major tragedies struck. Our lifeline could now be taken away at George Osborne's whim

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/thi ... 10911.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;