Thursday 24th December 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Re: Thursday 24th December 2015

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

"As a Christian country..." FFS

Have a wonderful festive season one and all, yes even you Dave you hypocritical muppet.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:"As a Christian country..." FFS

Have a wonderful festive season one and all, yes even you Dave you hypocritical muppet.
I don't, in all conscience, think I can be as magnanimous to David Cameron as you've been.

Merry Christmas (to you), though!

Edited to add -

I feel evil, now. Oh, well . . . .
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

Merry Christmas to everyone. Clear night, full moon, hard not to be reminded of LadyC when looking up at the stars.
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

PorFavor wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:"As a Christian country..." FFS

I don't, in all conscience, think I can be as magnanimous to David Cameron as you've been.

Merry Christmas (to you), though!

Edited to add -

I feel evil, now. Oh, well . . . .
Aren't you both cutting it a bit fine for last minute jostling on the naughty list?
Good try by Paul, but think the Muppet reference may count against you.
Possible points for honesty to PorFavor ?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Off to bed. Have a lovely Christmas day one and all......
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Merry Christmas everyone.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

*breaks off from watching Dial M For Murder*

Happy Christmas to one and all!

OK, back to the film...
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

Felicitations.

Mind you would it be wrong of me to highlight the absence of good cheer that I'd extended to all or is such bonhomie reserved for the Twatterati?
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

Before I sign off I have lots to say but nothing of great import. Apologies for not thanking more of you but the site has decided to go slow... and yes I do have particular thoughts for each and every one of you although I shall not spell them out on a public forum but am too lazy to PM you individually.

Nevertheless I shall state that you are in my thoughts and share that I am hosting a Christmas for all my immediate family, meaning my own offspring and theirs. As for my siblings and mother I have reconnected, it being the season for family and shall no doubt telephone later. It is only right and proper that a great grandmother and great grandchild shall meet one another whilst they can (early in the New Year).

'And on that note I shall just mention those that have passed or sorely missed.,.. plus any that may soon do so. That's quite a strange concept to get one's head around having at times wished my own life away, but then one's own life is never worth that of others. Being so arrogant, Cameron seemingly overlooked that when he wished another to take his burden and joining in ohso's comment on Catholicism, which could be extended to IDS I suppose. Absolutely, a price worth paying in Tory eyes.

Merry Christmas.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

ohsocynical wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:Off to give the dogs a walk while this little bit of rare sunshine lasts.

We need a spell in the open, fresh air to help us recover from this morning's lasting image of the sudden explosion of matter from dog's anal glands that peppered the vets instrument cabinets and splattered up the opposite wall. I won't even go there about the smell.

Sorry for that.

Back later.
Been there, seen it, done it etc. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And edited to add, and smelt it.... :rock:
Been there, done that? Now, now, ohso, I thought that was me. Oh go on then, but not doggies, let's talk human although ephe (and rr2?) having been nurses surely have a tale or two. Our daughter used to be a one for that, from both ends I'm afraid. I can't say I ever really mastered the art of cleaning it up but needs must and all that. The worst occasion was one morning when my wife was feeling particularly poorly and on entering the bathroom found the whole room plastered and I'm speaking 15 feet square. Sat in the middle of it all was our little girl looking somewhat distressed and she'd used everybody's bath towels trying to clean up. I couldn't stomach it and chucked them all out.

Later that morning I was in an examination. The invigilator queried whether I was absolutely certain that I wanted to leave after the minimum 30 minutes. Yes I was, I was 20 miles from home with both my wife and daughter tucked up in bed. Failing to attend the exam was not an option.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

@ohsocynical

Thick pea souper, yes I recall them too especially when I lived in Birmingham and thick they were too. I think I was six or seven when my parents bought a car, one of my abiding memories is of my mother walking ahead of it in a thick pea souper with my father following, so poor was the visibility. I'm guessing we must have been on our way back from somewhere. Why else would he have been driving in it?
Last edited by utopiandreams on Fri 25 Dec, 2015 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Hope you all have a nice day everyone.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

“Christmas is a time to remember all that we have to be thankful for” Says the richest woman in the world.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015 ... are_btn_tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Another Cobra meeting today. doesn't say who's chairing or attending it. http://www.itv.com/news/2015-12-25/emer ... stmas-day/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ScreenShot01344.jpg
ScreenShot01344.jpg (104 KiB) Viewed 2601 times