Monday 23rd.May 2016.

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 23rd.May 2016.

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Jim Waterson ‏@jimwaterson 54m54 minutes ago

Leave.EU just posted the private numbers of Douglas Carswell/Vote Leave officials and urged supporters to call them.

Jeez. And I thought Carswell was bad.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:So not breaking tonight at 10 o'clock?

Believe it when I see it.
If there is a huge story ... I'm sure the powers that be are doing their damndest to ensure it doesn't come out. Cogs whirring frantically as we write. Let's see what transpires.
Working on the wild side.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Newsnight have a Norwegian politician on who told us how wonderful their sovereignty was.

Implementing 75% of EU law with no proper say in them isn't what I call sovereignty.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Newsnight have a Norwegian politician on who told us how wonderful their sovereignty was.

Implementing 75% of EU law with no proper say in them isn't what I call sovereignty.
There all good laws.
Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?

I'm joking with you a little, Tubby Isaacs.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

IMF tells EU it must give Greece unconditional debt relief

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... ebt-relief" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sounds good to me
Let's all get real here, you know?
In a strongly worded assessment, the IMF said that there was no prospect of Greece meeting the draconian terms of its current
bailout plan and that interest payments on the soaring national debt would eat up 60% of the budget by 2060 in the absence
of debt forgiveness.

The debt sustainability analysis by the Washington-based Fund said Greece should have longer to pay, have the interest rate on
its loans fixed at 1.5%, and that its creditors should make debt relief automatic once the bailout programme ends in 2018.

“The implementation of debt relief should be completed by the end of the programme period”, the IMF said. “Providing an
upfront, unconditional component to debt relief is critical to provide a strong and credible signal to markets about the commitment
of official creditors to ensuring debt sustainability, which in itself could contribute to lowering market financing costs. An upfront
component can also help garner more ownership for reforms.”