Wednesday 1st February 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 1st February 2017

Post by AngryAsWell »

Helen Dale ‏@_HelenDale 24h24 hours ago

Quite possibly the best Twitter burn I've ever seen. Five stars.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(You need to click on it to enlarge it )

:lol:
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

The trouble with Clive Lewis's thing is that if he votes for it, as he might anyway, it makes the Tories look reasonable.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

11 for the sack presumably

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/po ... ill-debate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Starmer said he didn't know.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Snap reaction from Shadow Brexit Secretary Keir Starmer on BBC News:

“The real battle is not whether we’re leaving... the real battle is what is the future relationship with the EU and that will begin next week...

“The decision to leave was taken last year; this is about the terms on which we leave.”
You've voted start the process without seeing what the terms are.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

Temulkar wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
Hanny wrote:I am a grandma of eight and am interested,as a remainer, in what is happening re the referendum.I followed yahyah for a long time on AS,mainly re the NHS and SC Act.I know there are some nice people on this board,like Tubby, Willow,citizen.PF and many more.I have been shocked and upset at the bullying,borderline abusive behaviour of Temullkar and followers,towards SH and think it is out of all proportion to anything SH could have said.In fact,if we are talking trolls,it sounds as if there is a very unpleasant stalker out there, ready to jump at anything SH says.I wonder if it occurs to people that this will put off new people signing up.I know people have robust views on forums but this has got very unpleasant and you need to stop it.I cannot believe that it is a teacher acting like this.No doubt I will be moderated and this comment will not see the light of day.
Hi Hanny and welcome!

Thanks for this contribution.

It's highly unlikely to be moderated. We don't have moderators here. Just Refitman and me and occasionally others who will respond when asked by other members.

Someone else did message about Temulkar earlier, hence my brief informal request to him. But the consensus here is pretty much to let things go unless they compromise the integrity of the site. You can choose to block other members I believe. Just don't ask me how! ;-) (Ask Refitman)

I've promised not to post any more pictures of Mr Whiskerson...

I don't think you should feel inhibited. Helpful in clarifying attitudes and mindsets I think. I can't imagine anyone takes them seriously.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

@paulwaugh
.@HackneyAbbott office tell me she didn't vote because she was ill. Went home at 5pm.

How terribly convenient....
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ster-carer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Drug dealer guilty of murdering carer who fostered more than 50 children
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... are_btn_tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Totalitarianism in the age of Trump: lessons from Hannah Arendt
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... lias-trump" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Who will be Australia's Trump?
Jeff Sparrow
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Very quietly, Liam Fox admits the Brexit lie

http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2016/12 ... brexit-lie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I've been away from the computer and news all day.
I've not read our daily thread in its entirety.
The barley-lentil sweet-potato stew is better tonight than it was last night. Help yourselves.
Most MPs want to give the Article 50 Bill a second reading.
I see.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Just in case,doubtful given increased trolldom/attempts at troll addition,happy birthday to Ephemerid.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Snap reaction from Shadow Brexit Secretary Keir Starmer on BBC News:

“The real battle is not whether we’re leaving... the real battle is what is the future relationship with the EU and that will begin next week...

“The decision to leave was taken last year; this is about the terms on which we leave.”
You've voted start the process without seeing what the terms are.
I know, yeah, I'm not happy with it.
Corbyn's front bench have voted against the Bill. The Labour rebels were a lot of shadow ministers. Is this correct?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:...happy birthday to Ephemerid.
(cJA edit)

Happy birthday, Ephemerid
:heart:
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Michaela Community School Set To Hire £35,000 Detention Director To Be School’s ‘Sergeant Major’
‘This role isn’t suited to someone who wants to be every child’s best friend.’

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/m ... b749dd76e4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Yea Gods !!
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Hanny wrote:I am a grandma of eight and am interested,as a remainer, in what is happening re the referendum.I followed yahyah for a long time on AS,mainly re the NHS and SC Act.I know there are some nice people on this board,like Tubby, Willow,citizen.PF and many more.I have been shocked and upset at the bullying,borderline abusive behaviour of Temullkar and followers,towards SH and think it is out of all proportion to anything SH could have said.In fact,if we are talking trolls,it sounds as if there is a very unpleasant stalker out there, ready to jump at anything SH says.I wonder if it occurs to people that this will put off new people signing up.I know people have robust views on forums but this has got very unpleasant and you need to stop it.I cannot believe that it is a teacher acting like this.No doubt I will be moderated and this comment will not see the light of day.
Howdy
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Happy Birthday Ephemerid, hope you have/had a great day :D xx
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Scott Lincicome
‏@scottlincicome

So the WH, apparently unaware of EU law re trade negotiations, has contacted indiv member states to negotiate bilateral deals? SMH

citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Oh dear...

Michael Crick Verified account
‏@MichaelLCrick

EXCLUSIVE: 65 Oxford St, Stoke which Nuttall put on nomination form as home address. He admits he's never been there
Taxi for Nuttall!
yeah, yeah
:rock:
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

@yahyah
Good lord! I'm so sorry, yahyah.
Please accept my wishes for swift healing and relief from pain.
:heart:
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:I just had a need to check up on this much-lauded triumph of Theresa May's diplomacy.
Standing next to Trump, who nodded along, May said: “On defence and security cooperation, we’re united in our recognition of Nato as the bulwark of our collective defence and we reaffirmed our unshakeable commitment to this alliance. We’re 100% behind Nato.
Even if I were inclined to believe Donald Trump's outpourings, he didn't actually say anything himself, did he? (Please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't count "nodding along" as any guide.)
No. Trump did not.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... -on-notice" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trump administration 'officially putting Iran on notice', says Michael Flynn
National security adviser issues statement in response to recent Iranian actions as expert warns the White House ‘could stumble into war’
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

citizenJA wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:Oh dear...

Michael Crick Verified account
‏@MichaelLCrick

EXCLUSIVE: 65 Oxford St, Stoke which Nuttall put on nomination form as home address. He admits he's never been there
Taxi for Nuttall!
yeah, yeah
:rock:

More here

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... are_btn_tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

Before the "suicide", you can also watch Kate Hoey do a fist-pump after "498". What a golden day.

Someone said on Twitter a few days ago that this country started its headlong plunge into the shitter when Gordon Brown was humiliated for calling a bigot a bigot. However simplistic, there does appear to be a direct line between that, through the rise of F***ge to this unforgivable mess, wherein all sense is forgone for the sake of pandering to a bunch of thick racists/nationalists and deluded nostalgia-freaks (on both sides). In all honesty I feel like a party with one poxy MP might as well be in power, given the influence of its foul agenda on everyone who matters, and the dominance of its one issue over far more important matters.

I'm surprised there isn't more anger on here to be honest. This really is bleak, and frankly I have absolutely no faith that it gets better in the end.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

NonOxCol wrote:

Before the "suicide", you can also watch Kate Hoey do a fist-pump after "498". What a golden day.

Someone said on Twitter a few days ago that this country started its headlong plunge into the shitter when Gordon Brown was humiliated for calling a bigot a bigot. However simplistic, there does appear to be a direct line between that, through the rise of F***ge to this unforgivable mess, wherein all sense is forgone for the sake of pandering to a bunch of thick racists/nationalists and deluded nostalgia-freaks (on both sides). In all honesty I feel like a party with one poxy MP might as well be in power, given the influence of its foul agenda on everyone who matters, and the dominance of its one issue over far more important matters.

I'm surprised there isn't more anger on here to be honest. This really is bleak, and frankly I have absolutely no faith that it gets better in the end.
Thanks for this NOC

There are still plenty of good people - look at the anti-Trump protests - don't lose hope.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

and this
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 21.58.06.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 21.58.06.png (432.54 KiB) Viewed 10600 times
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/council ... 97528.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Council's plea over adult social care funding on the Isle of Wight
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Leeds sneak a last minute winner at Blackburn ;-)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

:D
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

From Jez.

Labour MPs voted more than three to one in favour of triggering article 50.

Now the battle of the week ahead is to shape Brexit negotiations to put jobs, living standards and accountability centre stage.

Labour’s amendments are the real agenda. The challenge is for MPs of all parties to ensure the best deal for Britain, and that doesn’t mean giving Theresa May a free hand to turn Britain into a bargain basement tax haven.
I might be wrong, but I reckon you won't get too much attention for the amendments. The phrase "the people have spoken, time to get on with Brexit, don't frustrate the British people" comes to mind. Not least because you've lent credence to the nonsense.

Had you stuck with your redlines approach from November, they could have been hammered away at for months and could mean something to the public by now.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

AngryAsWell wrote:Michaela Community School Set To Hire £35,000 Detention Director To Be School’s ‘Sergeant Major’

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/m ... b749dd76e4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Yea Gods !!
Saw this the other day - FOM (Friends of Michaela) people seemed to think that people objecting to were against detentions but the language used in the ad was terrible and I really can't see how they need a F/T post for it, and one called "Director".

The odd thing is that the line being put out before was that their behaviour was exemplary!
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

NonOxCol wrote: In all honesty I feel like a party with one poxy MP might as well be in power, given the influence of its foul agenda on everyone who matters, and the dominance of its one issue over far more important matters.

(cJA edit & bold)

this particularly stood out for me
sweeping waves of 'will of the people' spoken and written in spite of the facts that give the lie to claim the 2016 UK EU referendum result is 'the will of the people'

EU nationals without UK citizenship and some UK citizens, didn't have the right to vote
lives will never be the same
fundamental citizenry, social, economic and political change for a half billion people

33.5m voters out of an eligible electorate of 46.5m voted
17.4m voted Leave - 16.1m voted Remain
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:Michaela Community School Set To Hire £35,000 Detention Director To Be School’s ‘Sergeant Major’

Yea Gods !!
Saw this the other day - FOM (Friends of Michaela) people seemed to think that people objecting to were against detentions but the language used in the ad was terrible and I really can't see how they need a F/T post for it, and one called "Director".

The odd thing is that the line being put out before was that their behaviour was exemplary!
fruit trembles as she approaches
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
NonOxCol wrote:

Thanks for this NOC

There are still plenty of good people - look at the anti-Trump protests - don't lose hope.
I haven't lost hope. I crossed it out and wrote faith. That, given every turn in politics since the financial crisis, is an entirely different matter.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Yes, this is an important point.
Maria Eagle MP ‏@meaglemp 3m3 minutes ago

@Channel4News @GaryGibbonBlog It isn't passed. The Bill has had a Second Reading in the Commons
Still has to go through the Lords and then back to the Commons.

Meanwhile there's a white paper tomorrow which might change a few minds.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

NonOxCol wrote:

Jo Maugham QC ‏@JolyonMaugham 1h1 hour ago
Don't grieve, afresh, for a battle lost in June. Fight, anew, for a war still to be won.

Hugs NOC, in our house the anger is palpable
I'm thinking on joining the London protest in March.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:^^^

So which one is this I wonder - Rusty or that dopey female sidekick of his?

A bit too obvious given certain tweets today that I caught sight of...

Nothing to do with me FWIIW, which I assume the mods can tell.
There are no mods!

Me and Refitman are rockers ;-)
If we are going to start drawing sectarian lines then I want to be very very clear that I am not with you on this.
I still believe in a town called Hope
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

adam wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote:
Nothing to do with me FWIIW, which I assume the mods can tell.
There are no mods!

Me and Refitman are rockers ;-)
If we are going to start drawing sectarian lines then I want to be very very clear that I am not with you on this.
Sorry, but I'm still a Hippy.....bells an all

(That shows you how old I am.... :lol: )
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Someone needs to tell Farage to STFU.
Nigel Farage Verified account
‏@Nigel_Farage

Here is a list of 114 enemies of democracy who should be made to pay the price at the ballot box.
:toss:
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/ ... cuses-over" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Premier League disabled access report: the time for excuses is over
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

LOL trolling Hugo and calling Trump a fascist got me a 1 star review on amazon - no purchase and clearly not read the book - I wouldnt have noticed, but the wonderful thing is their review means I have triggered the Amazon algorithms for reviews so get some marketing for my book from them :) thank you reviewer, I've been waiting ages to tip that figure.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

Temulkar wrote:LOL trolling Hugo and calling Trump a fascist got me a 1 star review on amazon - no purchase and clearly not read the book - I wouldnt have noticed, but the wonderful thing is their review means I have triggered the Amazon algorithms for reviews so get some marketing for my book from them :) thank you reviewer, I've been waiting ages to tip that figure.

Absolutely nothing to do with me I assure you. I am sure you've mentioned it, but I don't know your name or what you write.

I'm sure it is great and good luck.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

SpinningHugo wrote:
Temulkar wrote:LOL trolling Hugo and calling Trump a fascist got me a 1 star review on amazon - no purchase and clearly not read the book - I wouldnt have noticed, but the wonderful thing is their review means I have triggered the Amazon algorithms for reviews so get some marketing for my book from them :) thank you reviewer, I've been waiting ages to tip that figure.

Absolutely nothing to do with me I assure you. I am sure you've mentioned it, but I don't know your name or what you write.

I'm sure it is great and good luck.
Whoever it was, convolvulus, they have done me a favour. I have also been rather outspoken about the tango faced twat being a tesco value nazi on twitter.

My grandfather got blown up in his fight against fascism, a one star review that triggers free marketing ain't so bad :dance:

edited to add - you would probably like the lead character, he's a blairite too - albeit a 17th century one.
55DegreesNorth
Minister of State

Post by 55DegreesNorth »

RogerOThornhill wrote:

Yea Gods !!

It's probably a reflection on the challenging schools I've worked in for 30+ years, but this job description is no surprise. Every one has had someone in charge of 'The Unit', 'Inclusion', 'Additional Support', etc. Usually a PE teacher whose knees are gone, or a Head of Year past their sell by date. What is a surprise is that this role is necessary in this school. Sounds like a piece of piss, and if the frizzy haired fraud is prepared to transport her miscreants a few hundred miles up the road,I would do it like a shot.
Confession time. I would definitely make friends with the kids, though but.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... an-lawsuit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CNN editor sues after being detained at Atlanta airport under Trump travel ban
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

European Union (Notification of Withdrawal) Bill
Explanatory Notes

The Government intends to ask Parliament to expedite the parliamentary progress of this Bill. In their report on Fast-track Legislation: Constitutional Implications and Safeguards, the House of Lords Select Committee on the Constitution recommended that the Government should provide more information as to why a piece of legislation should be fast-tracked

Why is fast-tracking necessary?
The judgment of 24 January 2017 required the Government to complete an additional (and unexpected) step before the formal process of leaving the European Union can commence. Completing this step through the normal Bill timetable would cause considerable delay to commencing the formal exit process, making it impossible to do so before the end of March 2017. This would further generate uncertainty as to the timetable for our exit from the European Union.

Does the Bill include a sunset clause (as well as any appropriate renewal procedure)? If not, why do the Government judge that their inclusion is not appropriate?
Due to the nature and content of the Bill, it does not include a sunset clause.

Are mechanisms for effective post-legislative scrutiny and review in place? If not, why do the Government judge that their inclusion is not appropriate?
The impact of the Bill itself will be both clear and limited, therefore mechanisms for post legislative scrutiny are not necessary.

Have the relevant Parliamentary committees been given the opportunity to scrutinise the legislation?
Given the need to introduce legislation as quickly as possible, it has not been possible to formally discuss with Parliamentary Committees.

Has an assessment been made as to whether existing legislation is sufficient to deal with any or all of the issues in questions?
An assessment has been undertaken and existing legislation is not sufficient to give notice under Article 50(2) TEU.

https://www.publications.parliament.uk/ ... 32en06.htm
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... travel-ban" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Khizr Khan, Gold Star father, warns of anti-Trump boycott after travel ban
Speaking outside US Capitol, father who opposed Trump during 2016 campaign says: ‘We will boycott anything and everything Trump if this continues’
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

55DegreesNorth wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:

Yea Gods !!

It's probably a reflection on the challenging schools I've worked in for 30+ years, but this job description is no surprise. Every one has had someone in charge of 'The Unit', 'Inclusion', 'Additional Support', etc. Usually a PE teacher whose knees are gone, or a Head of Year past their sell by date. What is a surprise is that this role is necessary in this school. Sounds like a piece of piss, and if the frizzy haired fraud is prepared to transport her miscreants a few hundred miles up the road,I would do it like a shot.
Confession time. I would definitely make friends with the kids, though but.
I posted a link the other day to an article from - I think - Local Schools that basically said if your school is relying on inclusion then you & your teachers are failing.
(it was much better - and fuller - than my synopsis by the way)
If I has a better brain I'd re post it but.... ya know how it is... sigh
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Oh dear me....no wonder they were fighting this.

Martin George Verified account
‏@geomr

No wonder Durand was in a fight over its draft Ofsted report - it is now in special measures. Previously "good" http://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/index.php? ... =1&refer=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
How the mighty have fallen...