Wednesday 28th October 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 28th October 2015

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Total Politics ‏@TotalPolitics 5m5 minutes ago
Tories to destory Corbyn and win by 42 seats in 2020, warn Labour moderates http://www.totalpolitics.com/blog/45201 ... ates.thtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
The TotalPolitics piece is a summary of a new doom and gloom article on Progress - it links to it. Somehow I didn't have the urge to read the full article.
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

George Eaton ‏@georgeeaton 2h2 hours ago
People's PPE - new project launched by @PeoplesMomentum: http://peoplesppe.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

citizenJA wrote:
seeingclearly wrote:Hunger becoming institutionalised.
It's temporary.I work to make sure we've got an inventory of our provisions, carrying capacity and am mindful of every human being I share the planet with. There is no one more important than another human being.

Other species are miraculous too; that's rather an aside to my point.

I can't do a lot on my own, I require the help of others who, like me, love others and want everyone to have a good time during their lives. It's extraordinary, knowing regardless of anything else, a mere one hundred years from now, hardly any of us here now will be alive. Our lifespans' brevity exists simultaneously with the grandeur of now. We all take part in that.

There are people chronically hungry on the planet? People we may see daily going hungry while living in one of the wealthiest nations? That isn't okay with me. It's not right, it's injustice, poor management, lack of care, ignorance of part of what makes being human glorious, recognition of our interconnectedness, humanity, loving-kindness, when others succeed and grow, it's shared. It's not a zero-sum endeavour, this - that is, we're not economic units. Maths teach us if one section has an abundance of money, the other section has a debt. That's administrative computations, not the whole point of life. Every single child in a classroom can succeed, it's not a platitude, it's a fact. Learning isn't a competition. Everyone has strengths and challenges. When someone falls down, another picks us up and we continue together leaving no one behind. Competitive sport and games are wonderful. But that's all they are, no more or less, games. No one need go hungry, homeless, unloved, dying alone. Someone dying alone, unloved is a collective failure we acknowledge as such and make provision to prevent it becoming institutionalised.

Yesterday, on the train, I was sitting with an open-faced man comfortable helping and singing quietly with another man in a wheelchair with rainbows decorating the wheels, his kin, more likely his friend, care worker, with the sun shining in the afternoon. No one was without what we needed. That's collective success. I love it.

I wish Tory government loved this success too and made sure everyone has rainbow wheel capacity, singing friends and train rides with others, quiet, plentiful tea later on and comfort enough to fall asleep not frightened about waking up the next day, uncertain about rations and friends.

Thank you, anyone, for reading this. It's okay if no one does. I liked writing it. Thank you for your patience with me. :rock:
A lovely post, and yes there are oases of people who make everything political melt away and give great joy. When I post in response to politics though my thoughts are often with those for whom such moments are less available, maybe because they are struggling to get by. And I want what you describe for everyone, and for the people who represent us to work towards it not against it. Right now I am having joy as my youngster creates pecorino and red onion pastries, his own creation, for the delight of making and sharing. They will cost very little, but the fallout from pastry making will be tremendous! But I'm aware that people in this nation of our will go to bed hungry as a result of the actions of the very people who are supposed to protect them. The people we've all watched and talked about today. so joy gets tempered by that knowledge. That we could have a society that was more open and sharing, but can only try and move against the tides of our times. Peace.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ohsocynical wrote:
Yesterday, on the train, I was sitting with an open-faced man comfortable helping and singing quietly with another man in a wheelchair with rainbows decorating the wheels, his kin, more likely his friend, care worker, with the sun shining in the afternoon. No one was without what we needed. That's collective success. I love it.
It was lovely to read this. I wish it was so for every one. Having spent countless hours in waiting rooms at the hospital over the last four and a half months, I have seen so many people in wheelchairs being pushed around, waiting for ages with not a word being spoken to them by their carer...Lonely always springs to mind when I see them sitting there ignored by someone who's being paid to do it.
My friend, Ohso, forgive me for not attending to a post to you sooner!
Please give Mr. Ohso my love...I love you, too. A ritual medicinal toddy taken with glad solemnity is an appropriate activity - have at it. The person fixing your essential household equipment competently and reasonably made me happy. I thank that person my own self, good news.

I'll tell you something about me.
I was a care worker for many years.

Now see, I'm sorry I couldn't provide an assist there for the lonely people in the hospital. I'm not a health care professional, my work was social care, personal assisting and I frequently navigated hospitals in the USA with the people I cared for. I was brilliant at it. I wasn't family, I was trusted by family and friends because our relationships were defined prior emergencies. It's a pleasure to provide peace of mind and entertainment for people requiring someone to care for them during those insanely long hospital visits. I can do that. I'm here to care for you. I'm not your doctor or your child and your colour looks good I think our visit is a success, we've got to wait, Sis, here I am...It was rural - I'd have to drive forty miles over hill and dale to get to the ER - but only if I was sure enough an ambulance probably wasn't necessary. Sometimes I made the call for an ambulance and followed after documentation logging and notifications. A lot of work, lot's to remember and record but I had a good time every day. When it was hard it was impossible - we got through those times too.

I was a servant - I never used that word aloud, no one ever called me that and I want to get this right. I called myself a servant to myself. It put appropriate boundaries around potentially overwrought, frightful, painful emergency situations, explosive outbursts weren't cultivated, they didn't happen between family, care recipient, friends and I. I knew my place. It was dignified, professional, loving and helpful. I understood health care professionals instructions, what they needed to know, I knew what family needed to know and my work helped everyone live with greater comfort and security. I was a respected care worker, appreciated. I worked well with recipients of care others couldn't work with. I don't think I was paid enough given the amount of responsibility and expertise my work required but I didn't typically have problems getting compensated and it was enough. Also, I was paid for the hours I worked. I've met people doing care work here in the UK and these professional people aren't paid for their work. That's unacceptable. There's no reason not to pay people for the good work they're doing. A servant is paid for their work. A slave doesn't get paid.

I often left for home late but I walked the route. I love to walk.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

@ seeingclearly
Thank you for your insightful posts, thank you for responding to me.

I love and care for you and your family; please give my love to them.

What we're writing about here is political, hunger, health and social care are the result of political decisions made or not made. What happens in Parliament is sometimes disconnected from why I'm interested in politics. Policies enacted determine how our communities thrive or die or just struggle.

Apologies to everyone for my rambling posts lately, again, I thank you for your patience, the space I'm given here is much appreciated, thank you.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

c.jpg
c.jpg (69.94 KiB) Viewed 2907 times
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Ha ha.

That was Peter Bone who said that last bit.
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

MPs have missed the real flaws of Work Choice.

http://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/mp ... rk-choice/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

Pastries not elegant but utterly delicious, the pastry perfect, the chef an absolute picture! I haven't surveyed the kitchen yet!
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

gilsey wrote:Middlesbrough vs Cardiff City 20/10/15 - David Cameron Chant
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Presumably they will have also been singing that at Old Trafford tonight when the Boro knocked Man United out of the League Cup :dance:
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Graham Jones MP ‏@GrahamJones_MP 2m2 minutes ago
What about the 16000 young people under 21 in work who are to lose housing benefit. Does Osborne not understand that £3.30 hr isn't enough.
That's very stark.
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

If this poor benighted place ever regains some kind of sanity, RR, I will be advocating for 16-25 yr olds to be supported in exactly the same way as other adults. They need a way to get their adult lives started, and I fail to see how one adults needs are different from another's based on age. Earnings or benefits they need the means to live and a place to live. Delaying their passage to adulthood cannot be good for society. There's no reason to pay them less and push them home or onto someone's sofa. Neither pace is always guaranteed to be a safe space.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015 ... on-charity" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kids Company: ministers ignored repeated warnings
David Cameron and top politicians overruled civil servants six times to keep charity afloat, auditors find
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone.
love,
cJA