Friday 8 th January 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 8 th January 2016

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Do you think if I turn on Newsnight I'll see any discussion of the resignation scoop / stunt?

Nah. Just joking.

But I expect Steve Hewlett might well do something on it - either on his Radio 4 media programme or in the G.
Working on the wild side.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Incidentally, a response about a complaint about a BBC programme being answered by the producer of that very programme.

How does that work again?
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

It's longer than 4 minutes- there's an exchange about the floods with Corbyn before Cameron mentions it.

It would involve Cameron thinking on his feet, but that's easier when it's a nice surprise.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Caroline Lucas (Brighton, Pavilion) (Green): In the light of last month’s Paris climate agreement, at which all countries agreed to progressively increase their ambition and to keep global warming well below 2°, does the Prime Minister agree that we must now urgently begin the process of strengthening the EU’s 2030 greenhouse gas reduction target to 50% below 1990 levels at the very least, a position he argued for, I am glad to say, at the European Council?
What sort of vague crap question is that? Of all the things you could ask...
mbc1955
Lord Chancellor
Location: Stockport, Great Manchester in body, the Lake District at heart

Post by mbc1955 »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
BBC Response.jpg
The hell of it is that the gonk probably believes every word he's written. People, we live in a land where the very words we use to speak with are literally meaningless. Ooga-chucka, ooga-ooga, ooga-chucka: the new political manifesto.
The truth ferret speaks!
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Caroline Lucas (Brighton, Pavilion) (Green): In the light of last month’s Paris climate agreement, at which all countries agreed to progressively increase their ambition and to keep global warming well below 2°, does the Prime Minister agree that we must now urgently begin the process of strengthening the EU’s 2030 greenhouse gas reduction target to 50% below 1990 levels at the very least, a position he argued for, I am glad to say, at the European Council?
What sort of vague crap question is that? Of all the things you could ask...
Asking the PM to honour reduction in greenhouse gases causing global warming is vague?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Justin Madders MP ‏@justinmadders 26m26 minutes ago
More than a thousand doctors are demanding the resignation of NHS boss Sir Bruce Keogh http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 03171.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Working on the wild side.
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

mbc1955 wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
BBC Response.jpg
The hell of it is that the gonk probably believes every word he's written. People, we live in a land where the very words we use to speak with are literally meaningless. Ooga-chucka, ooga-ooga, ooga-chucka: the new political manifesto.
Sounds familiar,
it's either from one of the songs "running bear" or " hooked on a feeling"
or possibly George Osborne after a line too many?