Thursday 2nd February 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Re: Thursday 2nd February 2017

Post by Temulkar »

AngryAsWell wrote:Prossy ‏@Pkakooza 36s37 seconds ago
I felt betrayed by @jeremycorbyn stance on #Brexit & enabling May.
& his latest gaffe saying being #LGBT is a "choice" is just another kick

Anyone know what the last bit means ?
It is yet another press stitch up and pink news are livid, Coryn as talking about the choice to live openly as LBGT at one of their events, and some 'journalists' have cropped the sentence to take out of context and accuse him off claiming homosexuality is a choice- its frankly a sickening example of the fake news and media bias.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Theresa May to host Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu at No 10
Israeli leader will join British counterpart next week for working lunch to discuss bilateral ties and trade, Downing Street says

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... u-at-no-10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can things get any worse ?
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

AngryAsWell wrote:Theresa May to host Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu at No 10
Israeli leader will join British counterpart next week for working lunch to discuss bilateral ties and trade, Downing Street says

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... u-at-no-10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 22.49.05.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 22.49.05.png (735.17 KiB) Viewed 7412 times
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:

OK you win.....
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

citizenJA wrote:
The United Kingdom’s exit from and new partnership with the European Union

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _Print.pdf
"Because after all the division and discord, the country is coming together.
The referendum was divisive at times. And those divisions have taken time to heal."

- T May
completely healed now of course
ffs
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Good job we got rid of Labour's target culture...oh...

Government pushes for more over-60s apprentices

http://paper.li/JonathanLedger/13308456 ... entices%2F
Over-60s are being encouraged to do more apprenticeships, in a new government report looking at how to boost employment prospects in later life.

The report by the Department for Work and pensions, called Fuller Working Lives: A Partnership Approach, was unveiled this morning.
I'm all for lifelong learning but this is getting silly now.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

AngryAsWell wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:

OK you win.....
It's good to remember that one on the odd occasion you think maybe Thatcher wasn't so bad after all!
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Good job we got rid of Labour's target culture...oh...

Over-60s are being encouraged to do more apprenticeships, in a new government report looking at how to boost employment prospects in later life.

The report by the Department for Work and pensions, called Fuller Working Lives: A Partnership Approach, was unveiled this morning.
I was thinking of doing an OU course, maybe I should wait an see if I can get an apprenticeship ?

*cough, cough, splutter
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

NonOxCol wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:What on earth is the mentality of people who think this is the right thing to do?

House votes to scrap Obama rule on background checks for gun ownership

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 60421.html
The Republican-controlled House voted Thursday to scrap an Obama administration rule requiring background checks for gun ownership.

In an apparent effort to improve gun ownership under President Trump, lawmakers moved to peel back the background checks for Social Security recipients mentally incapable of managing their own affairs, the Associated Press.
Why? Just why would you want to do that?
Makes for an interesting juxtaposition with this, doesn't it?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 54521.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The morning I woke to discover Clinton wasn't elected US President but Trump was difficult for me. I found myself struggling trying to figure out how the mistake in the news could happen over and over. It must be a mistake. It must be a mistake. I'm not trying to be funny or clever. I've had to accept Tory government being returned to government. I was up with FlyTheNest watching 17.4m voters told they're apparently 'the will of the people' - not just 17.4m people - 'the will of the people', capable of citizenship changes for others, not just themselves, for example. Now this Trump person is allowed this job. I've been frantic trying to set this guy aside, ignore him but he won't be ignored, will he. He hates that, I think, being ignored. Anyway, I can tell I've not gotten over feeling a mistake has definitely been made about this Trump guy, it's a mistake.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:jesuiseu
‏@48notwrong

#BrexitWhitePaper Author revealed .....

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: :lol:
It's fair to say the *hite Paper is getting a fair bit of entirely justified stick on Twitter :twisted:
I liked the one that said maybe we need to see the Red Paper and the Blue Paper as well, to be fair to May.

I think most remainers are hysterical, we don't know whether to laugh or cry.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

[youtube]O7eCUEfb7U0[/youtube]
I still believe in a town called Hope
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

James Cook ‏@BBCJamesCook 20m20 minutes ago

US senators vote to scuttle a rule preventing coal mining debris from being dumped into nearby streams, arguing that it threatened jobs.

Combined with the damage fracking is doing to USA water supply, they next will go to war for water, not oil :(
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AngryAsWell wrote:

I was thinking of doing an OU course, maybe I should wait an see if I can get an apprenticeship ?

*cough, cough, splutter
I look at the apprenticeship listings on a regular basis. They want people willing to put in 40+ hours a week for a full year making nothing more than £3.40 an hour for everyone doing a first year apprenticeship. Every weekday, sometimes Saturdays, some listings. Not at all just for young people, all ages they want. A full year of full-time labour, positions are laborious, the work involved is hard, for about £6,800 total. If you live through it, you get chance for doing it for minimum wage the following year. Maybe. There's got to be some mistake.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AngryAsWell wrote:James Cook ‏@BBCJamesCook 20m20 minutes ago

US senators vote to scuttle a rule preventing coal mining debris from being dumped into nearby streams, arguing that it threatened jobs.

Combined with the damage fracking is doing to USA water supply, they next will go to war for water, not oil :(
There's been a mistake.
Someone make the mistakes stop.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

citizenJA wrote: The morning I woke to discover Clinton wasn't elected US President but Trump was difficult for me. I found myself struggling trying to figure out how the mistake in the news could happen over and over. It must be a mistake. It must be a mistake. I'm not trying to be funny or clever. I've had to accept Tory government being returned to government. I was up with FlyTheNest watching 17.4m voters told they're apparently 'the will of the people' - not just 17.4m people - 'the will of the people', capable of citizenship changes for others, not just themselves, for example. Now this Trump person is allowed this job. I've been frantic trying to set this guy aside, ignore him but he won't be ignored, will he. He hates that, I think, being ignored. Anyway, I can tell I've not gotten over feeling a mistake has definitely been made about this Trump guy, it's a mistake.
IMO brexit is a cock-up. Trump is a conspiracy, as was GE2015.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Nigh all - happier tomorrow, fingers crossed
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

We are living, on average, almost a decade longer than our grandparents. This is great news. But it also has implications for employers, and the economy overall, as well as people’s own personal financial security.

Despite the increased longevity, people today are actually leaving the labour market earlier than in 1950. As well as those having planned and set aside to retire early, there are a lot of people exiting the labour market before ideally they would choose. In many cases they may not have sufficient income for their future to sustain the lifestyle they would have envisaged.

It is in this context that we have asked John Cridland, CBE, to carry out an independent review to inform the Government’s review of the State Pension age: his report is coming out in the Spring.

- Damian Hinds
MP, The Minister of State for Employment
Fuller Working Lives A Partnership Approach

http://feweek.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/ ... proach.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
will no one think of the economy and the employers?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AngryAsWell wrote:Nigh all - happier tomorrow, fingers crossed
Goodnight, AAW
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Pessimistic hopefulness wins .?

nitol
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

gilsey wrote:
citizenJA wrote: The morning I woke to discover Clinton wasn't elected US President but Trump was difficult for me. I found myself struggling trying to figure out how the mistake in the news could happen over and over. It must be a mistake. It must be a mistake. I'm not trying to be funny or clever. I've had to accept Tory government being returned to government. I was up with FlyTheNest watching 17.4m voters told they're apparently 'the will of the people' - not just 17.4m people - 'the will of the people', capable of citizenship changes for others, not just themselves, for example. Now this Trump person is allowed this job. I've been frantic trying to set this guy aside, ignore him but he won't be ignored, will he. He hates that, I think, being ignored. Anyway, I can tell I've not gotten over feeling a mistake has definitely been made about this Trump guy, it's a mistake.
IMO brexit is a cock-up. Trump is a conspiracy, as was GE2015.
I agree.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

frog222 wrote:

Pessimistic hopefulness wins .?

nitol
Goodnight, frog222
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
citizenJA wrote:
The United Kingdom’s exit from and new partnership with the European Union

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _Print.pdf
"Because after all the division and discord, the country is coming together.
The referendum was divisive at times. And those divisions have taken time to heal."

- T May
completely healed now of course
ffs
I haven't healed.
Like most unused to being wounded, I'm a bad patient.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone.
love,
cJA
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

The Brexit White Paper completely contradicts a key argument for Brexit
Claim that leaving the EU would enable Parliament to reassert its sovereignty appears to be challenged in the policy document
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 59556.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

An irate local farmer told me he voted to leave as a protest against EU bureaucracy that delayed payments of his subsidies. He thought Defra was an EU department. He didn’t realise it was The Department for Rural Affairs and that the EU had fined our governmental department for its incompetent administration of subsidies
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/bre ... 58886.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

I'm really not sure I can face reading the WP but this one especially really does beg the question "So why can't you do that now?"
7. Protecting workers’ rights – We will protect and enhance existing workers’ rights.
I mean c'mon a Tory government enhancing workers' rights?
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

Brinsworth & Catcliffe (Rotherham) result:
LDEM: 66.0% (+50.4)
LAB: 17.1% (-26.2)
UKIP: 12.8% (-16.4)
CON: 3.0% (-8.8)
GRN: 1.0% (+1.0)

But Labour GAINED Dinnington from Ukips (a very good result).

A bit odd, save that Ukips are collapsing and will never win Stoke.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

SpinningHugo wrote:Brinsworth & Catcliffe (Rotherham) result:
LDEM: 66.0% (+50.4)
LAB: 17.1% (-26.2)
UKIP: 12.8% (-16.4)
CON: 3.0% (-8.8)
GRN: 1.0% (+1.0)

But Labour GAINED Dinnington from Ukips (a very good result).

A bit odd, save that Ukips are collapsing and will never win Stoke.

Ah it was the seat of this charmer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/38172100?client=safari" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

.http://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/im ... -packages/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

‘Immoral’ Capita offered £200 bonuses to social workers to slash care packages

WTF are Crapita doing,anywhere near this,bloody scandalous.
Last edited by HindleA on Fri 03 Feb, 2017 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Particularly in peoples own homes of course.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/pi ... assessors/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PIP investigation: Welfare expert says two-thirds of appeals involve lying assessors
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... -claim-mps" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cut to disability benefits may make return to work harder, claim MPs

http://www.parliament.uk/business/commi ... hed-16-17/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Additional financial support needed before lower benefit rate introduction

You would think there would an obvious solution.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://blog.thearc.org/2017/02/02/arc- ... immigrate/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Arc On Leaked Draft Executive Order That Would Impact People with Disabilities Legally Residing in the US and Seeking to Legally Immigrate