Monday 11th April 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 11th April 2016

Post by HindleA »

Deception part of the assessment for PIP.
Maeght
Committee Chair

Post by Maeght »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Maeght wrote:1.Cameron says Corbyn accused him of distraction. The biggest distraction today has been waiting for Corbyn’s tax return, he says. He says it was published at 3.35pm - after this session started, meaning people could not scrutinise it.

2. In response to Dominic Grieve who invites Corbyn to write to Cameron explaining what he is supposed to have done wrong, Cameron says, having had to listen to Corbyn, he does not want to have to read a letter from him.

On a day when Cameron is supposed to be contrite he just can't help it can he - being spiteful and plain nasty.
Second one was standard knockabout really. The first was pathetic. Nobody thinks Corbyn really published it then (before Cameron!) to evade scrutiny. People have the internet in the Commons anyway.
You may be right but I disagree.

This was not a standard knockabout day. He was supposed to be apologising.

His arrogance and inability to hold his tongue when he saw an opportunity to score points off Jeremy Corby just made me sick. And confirmed what I knew anyway: apologies from David Cameron mean absolutely nothing.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

FFS.Dispatches.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Bastard.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

And manager.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Scum.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

I've missed Dispatches (doing Mr Riots' pizza). I will have to catch up with it. Not looking forward to it having seen your comments HindleA.

Will Crabb do anything? I'm not hopeful.
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Robert Peston ‏@Peston 5m5 minutes ago
Why are @David_Cameron & @George_Osborne planning semi-nationalization of Port Talbot? It's the referendum, innit " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Chris Wimpress ‏@ChrisWimpress 8m8 minutes ago
Watching #despatches and after half an hour of disturbing evidence the DWP caps it off by misusing the word 'refute' in its statement
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

George Eaton ‏@georgeeaton 2m2 minutes ago
Excl: Labour to hold opposition day debate on forced academisation on Weds - first parliamentary test of policy.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Maeght wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Maeght wrote:1.Cameron says Corbyn accused him of distraction. The biggest distraction today has been waiting for Corbyn’s tax return, he says. He says it was published at 3.35pm - after this session started, meaning people could not scrutinise it.

2. In response to Dominic Grieve who invites Corbyn to write to Cameron explaining what he is supposed to have done wrong, Cameron says, having had to listen to Corbyn, he does not want to have to read a letter from him.

On a day when Cameron is supposed to be contrite he just can't help it can he - being spiteful and plain nasty.
Second one was standard knockabout really. The first was pathetic. Nobody thinks Corbyn really published it then (before Cameron!) to evade scrutiny. People have the internet in the Commons anyway.
You may be right but I disagree.

This was not a standard knockabout day. He was supposed to be apologising.

His arrogance and inability to hold his tongue when he saw an opportunity to score points off Jeremy Corby just made me sick. And confirmed what I knew anyway: apologies from David Cameron mean absolutely nothing.
I think you may be right.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
George Eaton ‏@georgeeaton 2m2 minutes ago
Excl: Labour to hold opposition day debate on forced academisation on Weds - first parliamentary test of policy.
Bit of a misnomer there. Forced academization has been around for ages. It's universal academization here.
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

Paul Lewis on Twatter:
Miliband: 'he is a dodgy Prime Minister surrounded by dodgy donors' Hansard 11/2/15 c.769. No rebuke from Bercow. Why pick on Skinner?
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

Most watched on the BBC news app.

1)Dennis Skinner - dodgy Dave
4)George Osborne - tax return
5)Alan Duncan - they're jealous
6)Corbyn - people want justice

A pretty good day, no matter what the MSM say.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

...George Osborne: questions still to answer?

In 2015 we published a report showing that George Osborne's family firm -- in which Mr Osborne declares a financial
interest - sold its factory site to a company based in the British Virgin Islands in 2005.

http://www.channel4.com/news/george-osb ... shore-firm

The BVI company then transformed the plot in an expensive part of south London into an upmarket development of
more than 40 homes - homes for which the Chancellor's family business submitted a joint planning application to the
local authority with the off-shore company.

After the application was granted, Mr Osborne's family business sold the land outright to the offshore firm for £6,088,000.

And by being based off-shore the firm was presumably able to escape a raft of UK taxes once it finished the development.

At the time Mr Osborne was a beneficiary of a family trust that owned at least 15% of Osborne & Little at the time of the
deal; and a shareholder in Osborne & Little Group Limited.

So the questions to Mr Osborne are:

Has the Chancellor ever benefited from the profits of offshore activity?
And at the time, a spokesman for Mr Osborne said: "This is a totally bogus and desperate story."
In the current climate, does the Chancellor still feel it is 'bogus and desperate' to ask such questions?

- Paul McNamara and Guy Basnett
Channel Four News
11 April 2016

http://www.channel4.com/news/david-came ... -to-answer
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

UniversitiesScotland
‏@uni_scot

@NicolaSturgeon picks up point of HE access as a right. FM says if someone has ability to go to uni, access should be a right
How does she get away with this rubbish?

As the excellent Lucy Hunter Blackburn points out, there are rather a lot of people who got grades and didn't get a place, but they won't be in the room at the student debate.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

D.Abrahams has written to DWP Minister demanding investigation into PIP assessments,not sure if Crabb or Tomlinson.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Huw Irranca-Davies Retweeted
BBC Wales Politics ‏@WalesPolitics 2h2 hours ago
.@AndrewRTDavies admits students could be worse off under Tory university policy #Wales2016
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2016-wales-36020366" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Plaid Cymru proposals are rather ... well, I'd like to know what they are trying to achieve with this and what they think it will cost.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Times On Osborne Firm.jpg
Times On Osborne Firm.jpg (78.8 KiB) Viewed 3961 times
Not sure Osborne is off the hook.
Last edited by rebeccariots2 on Mon 11 Apr, 2016 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

Crabb due to give speech on tackling the causes of poverty. Unless he wants to completely scupper his party I have no idea what he could possibly do that would help. The stables need clearing.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Tory MP thinks he’s saved Cameron’s career, until accidentally giving the whole game away (VIDEO)

http://www.thecanary.co/2016/04/11/tory ... way-video/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Daniel Hannan ‏@DanHannanMEP 5m5 minutes ago
Bloody hell. A senior MEP confirms that even the paltry changes agreed in the EU renegotiation won't be delivered.

Graf Lambsdorff: EU ‘clearly went too far’ in Brexit concessions
http://www.euractiv.com/section/uk-euro ... ncessions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Never mind Hannan's exclamations. It's worth a read if you are interested in how reps for other EU countries view the UK and Brexit. He says he and others in his party will vote against the emergency brake when it comes to ratifying the 'negotiation'.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Mr Ohso is fuming. They are winding up the day centre and home. There is one old lady left to place. He went there this morning to say goodbye to some of the staff. The guy in charge of the section that deals with homes etc came in. He never took his phone from his ear whilst talking to the day care manager, and then when he did speak to her asked how many 'old units' were left. And no he didn't mean kitchen fittings he meant old people.

Mr Ohso, not being employed by them any more, told told him to piss off out of it before he put his foot up his ass.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Owen Smith has written to Crabb.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Jo Maugham QC
‏@JolyonMaugham

I could invent a tax return, publish it as my own, and if a tax inspector so much as coughed in public she'd commit a criminal offence.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://paullewismoney.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... -some.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

UNIVERSAL CREDIT - 83% 'TAX' RATE FOR SOME

Updated.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Sunder Katwala ‏@sundersays 3m3 minutes ago
Incredibly difficult to think of anybody who could be persuaded by a Mandelson-Grayling squabble about how often Grayling went to Brussels
Incredibly difficult to think of anyone who could be persuaded by Mandelson or Grayling about pretty much anything. Both repellent. They should hide Mandelson away if they want to look like they're trying to win the referendum for Remain.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Panama Papers Show How Lawyers Can Turn a Blind Eye

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/12/busin ... &smtyp=cur
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Tens of thousands of women in their 50s and 60s will be worse off under the new state pension because of changes buried in the small print.
The £155 a week state pension launched this month was supposed to be fairer to newly retiring women and the self-employed.
However, it has already emerged that millions of older workers nearing retirement will miss out on the full payout because of hidden shortfalls in their National Insurance records.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... print.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

LSD's impact on the brain revealed in groundbreaking images

The effect could underpin the altered state of consciousness long linked to LSD, and the sense of the self-disintegrating and being
replaced with a sense of oneness with others and nature. “This experience is sometimes framed in a religious or spiritual way, and
seems to be associated with improvements in wellbeing after the drug’s effects have subsided,” Carhart-Harris said.

The drug can be seen as reversing the more restricted thinking we develop from infancy to adulthood, said Nutt, whose study
appears in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. The study could pave the way for LSD or related
chemicals to be used to treat psychiatric disorders. Nutt said the drug could pull the brain out of thought patterns seen in
depression and addiction through its effects on brain networks.

We are finally unveiling the brain mechanisms underlying the potential of LSD,
not only to heal, but also to deepen our understanding of consciousness itself.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/201 ... ing-images" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Depression and anxiety runs through my family - both my parents' people. The thought of imbibing this hallucinogen was
terrifying. In California, the clinical use of LSD was difficult but legitimately possible for clinical trial - doctor suggested it.

I post this study because I wasn't expecting to see such work being done and I'm curious about it. It may help people who've
tried other alternatives that haven't worked. Years of talk therapy with medicinal support keeping a damaged person together
long enough to come through well after years of dedicated practise is a difficult path.

I've met and spoken with Dr. Stanislav Grof, Professor of Psychology at the California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS),
in San Francisco. His work in the US ('70s-'80s) using LSD in psychedelic psychotherapy was interesting and wholly
different to anything I've studied myself.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

Wish I hadn't just watched Dispatches. Having this week gone through all the PIP criteria in great detail with regard to mental health claimants can see exactly how not just the dodgy assessors but the whole process is designed to remove people from all but the lowest payment. And how excluding those on lowest payment from a daily living component means they are not passported to other benefits. So could see very clearly how the poor person with severe amnesia would be regarded. Angry isn't the right word for how I feel about this, I want some real justice for the suffering people have gone through with these assessment, an acknowledgement that they are wrong and not fit for purpose, that the whole rotten assessment process needs to go, along with the people who deliver it. Sickness and disability are being treated as though people with them are criminals and need some kind of punishment. The twisted thinking behind this needs to be rooted out, it is a symptom of something very sick at the top and in the heart of government. It doesn't just apply to the sick and disabled, the less well off are also sue to feel this in a terrible way and mostly seem unaware of what is coming.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Uncomfortable viewing,indeed,but essential.The expert assessor,chosen by the manager as exemplar,the removal of information lest basic rights are encouraged;guilty until proven innocent,othering,the illegalities,the ignorance of the very basics,the money grabbing,the lack of decency,professionalism.No rotten apple but endemic and obvious consequence.