sat 2 and sun 3 july in worst year for quite some time

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Re: sat 2 and sun 3 july in worst year for quite some time

Post by ohsocynical »

Labour MPs are not 'delegates' beholden to party members, Dan Jarvis warns
The Labour MP, widely touted as a replacement for Jeremy Corbyn, has sketched out his economic policy

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 22671.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Laura Murray ‏@StarbarMurray 9h9 hours ago

Neil Kinnock, your son's CLP just passed a motion of no confidence in him as their MP. Please go back to advising him rather than us. #Marr
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Stephen Kinnock only won selection for his seat before the last GE by a single vote. That could come back to haunt him?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

ohsocynical wrote:Labour MPs are not 'delegates' beholden to party members, Dan Jarvis warns
The Labour MP, widely touted as a replacement for Jeremy Corbyn, has sketched out his economic policy

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 22671.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's an old article ohso ;-)
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

‘The Conservative Party Is In Danger Of Dying’ Warns Tory Deputy Chairman Robert Halfon In Dramatic Interview
Some constituencies are on the verge of disaster, he told HuffPost UK

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/r ... 460800c912" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:Labour MPs are not 'delegates' beholden to party members, Dan Jarvis warns

Same views still though?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Stephen Kinnock only won selection for his seat before the last GE by a single vote. That could come back to haunt him?
Bite him I'd have said.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

#Jon Snow from @Channel4News...

"Corbyn needs to worry about the media not the PLP because the PLP's knives are rather blunt now".
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

ohsocynical wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:

Same views still though?
Oh yes - still interesting.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Take a look at what follows, from deep within a Guardian report that mostly seeks to push Jeremy Corbyn out of the Labour leadership with the false claim about shadow cabinet members being refused access to him.
It refers to the deletion of files about the Finance Bill from a shared, Labour Party, hard drive by former shadow finance secretary Rob Marris or one of his team.

http://voxpoliticalonline.com/2016/07/0 ... ob-marris/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Telegraph NewsVerified account
‏@TelegraphNews

Michael Gove and George Osborne plan a summer holiday together after Conservative leadership contest
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

RobertSnozers wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:Take a look at what follows, from deep within a Guardian report that mostly seeks to push Jeremy Corbyn out of the Labour leadership with the false claim about shadow cabinet members being refused access to him.
It refers to the deletion of files about the Finance Bill from a shared, Labour Party, hard drive by former shadow finance secretary Rob Marris or one of his team.

http://voxpoliticalonline.com/2016/07/0 ... ob-marris/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It does appear that a number of people who took positions with the party after Corbyn's election in order to undermine him. This includes shadow cabinet members. If someone is immoral enough to do this, they have no business being a Labour MP.
Murky waters.
It was obvious to many of us that something wasn't right from the minute Corbyn was elected.

And I read [sorry no link] that Watson wanted a one on one meeting without any witness's. Not surprised if true, that he was refused.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

And this re: Gloria De Piero writing an anti Corbyn article in The Sun.

Martin ‏@martycon73 2h2 hours ago Belfast, Northern Ireland

@GloriaDePiero Er arent you supposed to be boycotting the rag as a Liverpool MP?

The Sun! Liverpool! What is she thinking of.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Not a Liverpool MP,ohso.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Not said to undermine,just pointing out.
Tizme1
Minister of State

Post by Tizme1 »

Evening all,

Today my daughter's b/f proposed to her. As he is in her words "the love of my life and my best friend" she naturally accepted. I am delighted because she is happy, but also, because we all love him. He's a good 'un.

Nothing to do with politics I know but I kind of wanted to share because it reminded me that life does go on. The World hasn't stopped turning. There is still light and love and laughter to be found and enjoyed.

Cake and champagne [or, vermouth or wine, or bitter, or tea, or whatever] on me. Served in flat caps natch.
Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Tizme1 wrote:Evening all,

Today my daughter's b/f proposed to her. As he is in her words "the love of my life and my best friend" she naturally accepted. I am delighted because she is happy, but also, because we all love him. He's a good 'un.

Nothing to do with politics I know but I kind of wanted to share because it reminded me that life does go on. The World hasn't stopped turning. There is still light and love and laughter to be found and enjoyed.

Cake and champagne [or, vermouth or wine, or bitter, or tea, or whatever] on me. Served in flat caps natch.
Nice to have some good news Tiz. You can tell her, your imaginary friends on the internet say "congratulations".
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Gordon Brown sets up Iraq Inquiry 2009
Iraq [15 Jun 2009]

"The inquiry will, I stress, be fully independent of Government. Its scope is unprecedented. It covers an eight-year period, including
the run-up to the conflict and the full period of conflict and reconstruction. The committee of inquiry will have access to the fullest
range of information, including secret information. In other words, its investigation can range across all papers, all documents and
all material. It can ask for any British document to be brought before it, and for any British citizen to appear. No British document
and no British witness will be beyond the scope of the inquiry. "

- Gordon Brown

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... 6157000003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(Above) Four consecutive pages of Hansard record on the day Gordon Brown, as PM of the UK, instigated the inquiry of the UK's involvement, leadership decisions and engagement in the Iraq war.
Sir John Chilcot, Chairman of the Inquiry...

"This is an Inquiry by a committee of Privy Counsellors. It will consider the period from the summer of 2001 to the end of July
2009, embracing the run-up to the conflict in Iraq, the military action and its aftermath. We will therefore be considering the
UK's involvement in Iraq, including the way decisions were made and actions taken, to establish, as accurately as possible,
what happened and to identify the lessons that can be learned."

http://www.iraqinquiry.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
House of Lords Library
Iraq Inquiry (Chilcot): Timeline of Principal Developments

June 28, 2016

This Lords Library briefing provides a brief timeline of principal developments during the process of the Iraq Inquiry (Chilcot).
It particularly focusses on delays of the report’s publication.

http://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ ... -2016-0034" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
House of Commons Library
The Chilcot Inquiry

July 1, 2016
http://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ ... ry/SN06215" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mbc1955
Lord Chancellor
Location: Stockport, Great Manchester in body, the Lake District at heart

Post by mbc1955 »

A moment of genuine delight, reading this. Bless the pair from me, please (in a completely atheistic manner, naturally).
The truth ferret speaks!
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Wonderful news!
xx
cJA
:rock:
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

HindleA wrote:Not a Liverpool MP,ohso.
Is she not? Apolgies.
Tizme1
Minister of State

Post by Tizme1 »

refitman wrote:

Nice to have some good news Tiz. You can tell her, your imaginary friends on the internet say "congratulations".
Thank you. She loves going to the zoo [well more safari parks where the people are enclosed not the animals so much] so that was one of their first dates and it's somewhere they frequently go. It's where they went today and where he proposed. It so happens that she adores elephants, and just after he'd proposed, the elephants came along as if to say congratulations. For one beautiful moment - the planets aligned.

As to my 'imaginary friends' she knows full well they are real because I have very close friends here in the 'real' world, that I first 'met' on forums.
Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Ouch.

Michael Gove has 'an emotional need to gossip, particularly when drink is taken' - why he can't be trusted with Britain's most sensitive secrets

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07 ... ly-when-d/
From the minute Michael Gove came on board with Boris’s leadership campaign, things started to go wrong. There was a leak a day in the press, starting with the camera crews at Boris’s house in Oxfordshire on the first day and ending with the infamous email from Sarah Vine, Michael’s wife, “accidentally” finding its way to the papers.

For me this wasn’t new. When I was a government whip and Michael was the chief whip, the office leaked like a sieve. Important policy and personnel details made their way to the papers. Michael seems to have an emotional need to gossip, particularly when drink is taken, as it all too often seemed to be.
and
Whoever leads the Conservative Party needs to be trustworthy. We have a divided country and a divided parliamentary party. An untrustworthy “Brexiteer” is no different from an untrustworthy “Remainer”. Governing is a serious business. It is not a game, nor is it a role play of House of Cards.
And this is a Tory MP saying this!
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Tizme1
Minister of State

Post by Tizme1 »

mbc1955 wrote:

A moment of genuine delight, reading this. Bless the pair from me, please (in a completely atheistic manner, naturally).
Thank you @mbc. I will indeed pass your blessings on. My usual sign off to people is 'bright blessings' so I know just what you mean about in a completely atheistic manner because that is how I mean it.
Tizme1
Minister of State

Post by Tizme1 »

citizenJA wrote:

Wonderful news!
xx
cJA
:rock:
Thanks cJA - we think so too. :)
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Ed Miliband ‏@Ed_Miliband 2h2 hours ago
What is Teresa May thinking? EU citizens here & those from UK abroad are not 'negotiating chips'. Wrong, unworkable and must be clarified.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Tizme1 wrote:
refitman wrote:

Thank you. She loves going to the zoo [well more safari parks where the people are enclosed not the animals so much] so that was one of their first dates and it's somewhere they frequently go. It's where they went today and where he proposed. It so happens that she adores elephants, and just after he'd proposed, the elephants came along as if to say congratulations. For one beautiful moment - the planets aligned.

As to my 'imaginary friends' she knows full well they are real because I have very close friends here in the 'real' world, that I first 'met' on forums.
I'm real? Why did no-one tell me???
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

refitman wrote:
Tizme1 wrote:Thank you. She loves going to the zoo [well more safari parks where the people are enclosed not the animals so much] so that was one of their first dates and it's somewhere they frequently go. It's where they went today and where he proposed. It so happens that she adores elephants, and just after he'd proposed, the elephants came along as if to say congratulations. For one beautiful moment - the planets aligned.

It was a hard day for me too, finding out I was real.
Tizme1
Minister of State

Post by Tizme1 »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Ouch.

Michael Gove has 'an emotional need to gossip, particularly when drink is taken' - why he can't be trusted with Britain's most sensitive secrets

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07 ... ly-when-d/
From the minute Michael Gove came on board with Boris’s leadership campaign, things started to go wrong. There was a leak a day in the press, starting with the camera crews at Boris’s house in Oxfordshire on the first day and ending with the infamous email from Sarah Vine, Michael’s wife, “accidentally” finding its way to the papers.

For me this wasn’t new. When I was a government whip and Michael was the chief whip, the office leaked like a sieve. Important policy and personnel details made their way to the papers. Michael seems to have an emotional need to gossip, particularly when drink is taken, as it all too often seemed to be.
and
Whoever leads the Conservative Party needs to be trustworthy. We have a divided country and a divided parliamentary party. An untrustworthy “Brexiteer” is no different from an untrustworthy “Remainer”. Governing is a serious business. It is not a game, nor is it a role play of House of Cards.
And this is a Tory MP saying this!
Ouch! Reminds me of that moment when Dr Who [David Tennant version] whispers to the PM's aide "she's looking tired isn't she".............
Tizme1
Minister of State

Post by Tizme1 »

citizenJA wrote:
refitman wrote:
Tizme1 wrote:Thank you. She loves going to the zoo [well more safari parks where the people are enclosed not the animals so much] so that was one of their first dates and it's somewhere they frequently go. It's where they went today and where he proposed. It so happens that she adores elephants, and just after he'd proposed, the elephants came along as if to say congratulations. For one beautiful moment - the planets aligned.

It was a hard day for me too, finding out I was real.
*chuckle* @ cJA and @refitman

Don't panic, it may be me that is imaginary which would make any friends of mine [real or imaginary] unreal. Wouldn't it?
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

What if there's something in Chilcot we don't know?
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Sorry that's a bit abrupt. I mean we all know it's going to damage Blair, but that's widely known.

But is there other stuff there that will have wider implications for Labour? And which may greatly strengthen Corbyn's position?

We'll know soon enough.
TR'sGhost
Minister of State

Post by TR'sGhost »

RobertSnozers wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:Take a look at what follows, from deep within a Guardian report that mostly seeks to push Jeremy Corbyn out of the Labour leadership with the false claim about shadow cabinet members being refused access to him.

It does appear that a number of people who took positions with the party after Corbyn's election in order to undermine him. This includes shadow cabinet members. If someone is immoral enough to do this, they have no business being a Labour MP.
Rob Marris supported Burnham in the leadership election.

I wouldn't call him a Blairite, Blair never offered him a job despite, according to reports, Marris trying very hard to catch Blair's eye. However he did vote for the Iraq war, though he apologised later, saying he voted the way the evidence seemed to point at the time. He was part of the W'ton trades council left wing years ago.

It has to be said Marris is the best MP Wolverhampton SW has ever had, but has a head start over the competition. Our of the five MPs since the constituency was formed one was Enoch Powell (for 25 years), the next Nicholas Bludgeon, Powell's Lichfield-dwelling Vicar on Earth for the next 25 years and, 2010-15, Paul "Mr Invisible the Millionaire Landlord" Uppall. Uppall described himself on his election literature as "working at an estate agent's". What he meant by that is he's "part owner of a family landlord business with millions in assets, who also happens to be a partner in an Estate Agency."

WolvesSW is also one of the most marginal constituencies in the country.

I would be interested to know how many of the more recent, later PLP resignations are triggered by MP's concerns about what happens to them (and maybe Labour) if the coup succeeds. Standing by a doomed leader until the bitter end could be very career-damaging indeed. Though Marris said he's been warning Corbyn must go for "months" because Labour apparently isn't as popular in the country as people think it is.....
I'm getting tired of calming down....
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Sorry that's a bit abrupt. I mean we all know it's going to damage Blair, but that's widely known.

But is there other stuff there that will have wider implications for Labour? And which may greatly strengthen Corbyn's position?

We'll know soon enough.
So was my post - abrupt, I mean. I wanted to know about why it might be such a shocking revelation. Everyone who may be compromised by information in it have already been told.
..."Maxwellisation process, whereby individuals criticised in the report get an opportunity to respond before publication."

http://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ ... ry/SN06215" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Everyone has already been informed of what's in it. Anyone up a tree based upon information in the report has already been notified - happened months ago.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA