Wednesday 8th February 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Re: Wednesday 8th February 2017

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

PS AK that wasn't meant as a reply to your post
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:I did tell Tem off for that :)

But its the little dishonesties that all add up over time, for instance that tonight "Labour voted to leave the EU". No, they (most of them, anyway) voted to begin the PROCESS of doing so - because the actual electorate had voted to do that (to the sorrow of many of us) last year.

Enough is enough.

AK -- " Labour voted to leave the EU""

I also could have said /written the same !

Well, on the face of it, THEY DID .

And that is the way it will look to the general public, but fortunately their attention span is ,cough, limited .

Beginning a process, which you pray will not come to fruition, and which everyone knows that you don't really believe in , is not exactly a moment for rallying cries of

"Prepare For Government ! "
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:I'm not off because of Hugo.

It's the whole tenor of the place.

I find myself arguing for Corbyn, who I never wanted as leader really, and for his Brexit stance, when I'm a fervent pro-European. And then I find myself trimming those arguments because I'm "Admin".

Despite the best efforts of some wonderful, wonderful fellow members, this Forum has become a divide Labour club and I don't want to participate, because I don't like division. It's bad for my mental health and I reckon bad for everyone.

I have lots of other ways to contribute to a better world and I'm not risking my wellbeing here with people who don't even listen to what others say.

I shall miss my FANTASTIC friends but will try and find you elsewhere. Love to you all x

I reply to you, and you FO !

Just kidding.

I am now 40 years in Europe, 6 in Luxembourg, the rest in Normandy , and I'm very slightly worried that the Evil Tories might manage to fuck up my peaceful life .

Paul - you look after yourself . We all have different threshholds of uneasiness and even suffering . Life would be just SO boring if we were all the same :-)

xx
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:The real point is that, in recent weeks, SH has become boring. And I never used to think that of them, despite our many and at times heated differences.
'Them ?'

I think we've been there before, at CiF !

MaM perhaps ?

Late 'ere , nitol !
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

But its the little dishonesties that all add up over time, for instance that tonight "Labour voted to leave the EU". No, they (most of them, anyway) voted to begin the PROCESS of doing so - because the actual electorate had voted to do that (to the sorrow of many of us) last year.

Enough is enough.
Did you? I hadn't noticed.

I hope Paul stays we have lost too many people, but he is fundamentally correct it is a labour hatefest here most days.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Temulkar wrote:

Enough is enough.
Did you? I hadn't noticed.

I hope Paul stays we have lost too many people, but he is fundamentally correct it is a labour hatefest here most days.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Tem -- woodcutting season here so not much daylight time for following BritPolitics . Latenite posting !!

Being of the same generation as Mr Corbyn I find him likeable and not much more, having had many Lefty uni friends who were far brighter than him . They just chose different career paths. No crime, but he didn't get near a university, or any other place where his thinking got sharpened up, and it shows.

Admitting the loss of Scotland and the negative boundary changes is not a sign of hatefest, but just grim reality ?

Inteeresting times, to coin one .....eeerrgh !
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

Speaking as someone who once ran a larger forum than this, non political, when you get infested you can ban all you like but the outcome is not certain, the thing is openminded people who come with open hearts let these things happen because of the core values they believe everyone decent holds. Unfortunately not everyone does. I never managed to square that one, and had to move on myself. But core for me was retaining decency for me and the others like me. We eventually moved on, sadder but wiser. It wasn't the end, I am still in touch with many, but still a salutary lesseon on how a forum can be brought to its knees.

I too felt I had many valued friends here, and last summer this place sustained me and kept my sanity intact through very dark times personally. And I hoped against hope that I would not see what I am seeing tonight.

All of 'them' should have been kept away. Something I said a few times. But never mind, it has done a good job of weeding.

I hope you can (nearly) all survive here, it once was a very good place to be. I will still be reading, but don't wish to participate, as Paul said it has just got too weird.

Still I love my singing robin, won't forget that, and a brief feeling that things could possibly be ok again. So good luck and thanks to all who put so much into building what was supposed to be a haven. Except it isn't is it once you have an infestation.

Peace and love, and a wish that you find some bloody good pesticide.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ral-senate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jeff Sessions confirmed as attorney general despite controversies
Senator had come under fire for his views on race and civil rights in a tempestuous confirmation process that strained the upper chamber’s norms
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ase-report" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Decision
Politics and Economics Research Trust: case report
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

With respect reading is participating.

And far better than being an arse and/or drunken sailor.
Last edited by HindleA on Thu 09 Feb, 2017 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I hope there is no decency and/or not being boring threshold.Lack of and being so are by far my best qualities.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Unashamed mindless tribal Labour and Leeds supporter by the way.I don't state it much because so obviously correct.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

And six postal votes.Twiddles non-existant moustache.
Last edited by HindleA on Thu 09 Feb, 2017 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Surprised I got away with "Tarquin Tortoise"and a drawing of a blade of grass as signature.