Saturday 8th & Sunday 9th November 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 8th & Sunday 9th November 2014

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 49409.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A YouGov poll for the Sunday Times found that only 34 per cent of people who voted Labour at the last general election believe Mr Miliband is up to the job of Prime Minister, compared to 51 per cent just a month ago.
So Labour + MSM doing excellent job for the Tory/UKIP Federation. Well done lads.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

tinyclanger2 wrote:http://www1.politicalbetting.com/index. ... bands-lab/

what sort of a country are we where we let the MSM get away with the Ed-bashing, so wearily reminiscent of the Gordon bashing of five years ago.
The sort of country that allows this sh1t to go under the radar....

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5398/ ... hin-square

http://fothom.wordpress.com/2014/11/08/ ... -his-past/

...'cos Milibands wierd/unelectable/no 'charisma'....I have a feeling they are seriously bricking it now though - nothing is working :lol:
Proud to be 1 of the 76% - Solidarity...because PODEMOS
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Why is the Observer employing a Mail journalist to smear Ed Miliband?
http://tompride.wordpress.com/2014/11/0 ... -miliband/
Working on the wild side.
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

tinyclanger2 wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 49409.html
A YouGov poll for the Sunday Times found that only 34 per cent of people who voted Labour at the last general election believe Mr Miliband is up to the job of Prime Minister, compared to 51 per cent just a month ago.
So Labour + MSM doing excellent job for the Tory/UKIP Federation. Well done lads.
To me, YouGov = Nadeem Zahawi....never has been and never will be a credible polling organisation - which is why they're quoted in almost everything.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Morning.

I may have forgotten to take off my tin foil hat when I got out of bed but something stinks to high heaven about this latest ramping up of 'Get Ed'.

Still, it's achieved what the right wing, coming up to an election, want - wall to wall newspaper, online & BBC & Sky headlines about Ed not being up to the job.

& thanks to all of you who tweeted [even joining up to do so] to back Ed,
and to those of you with so much energy to delve about to find out what's really happening and to respond and interact with people on social media.
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

The MSM is still pissed off about Ed and Leveson. They're terrified he'll clip their wings if he gets in. By 'clip their wings', I mean they will no longer be allowed to get away scot free with their lies.
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

I have reached the point where I really really want to see the equivalent of the Portillo moment for rather a lot of 'journalists' come May 2015 - top of the list is probably DFHodges.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Maria Eagle MP retweeted
John Rentoul ‏@JohnRentoul 21m21 minutes ago
Even I have got to laugh: Mail on Sunday Survation poll so disastrous for EdM it gives Labour a 5-pt lead http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ility.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

yahyah wrote:Morning.

I may have forgotten to take off my tin foil hat when I got out of bed but something stinks to high heaven about this latest ramping up of 'Get Ed'.

Still, it's achieved what the right wing, coming up to an election, want - wall to wall newspaper, online & BBC & Sky headlines about Ed not being up to the job.

& thanks to all of you who tweeted [even joining up to do so] to back Ed,
and to those of you with so much energy to delve about to find out what's really happening and to respond and interact with people on social media.
...but we're not coming up to an election - it's still 6 months away - so they're going to have to keep this up, wall-to-wall, for 6 months, keep all the REAL negative sh1t away from Dodgy Dave, who will also have to come up with a manifesto (they might get Shapps/Green/Fox to write it) - even now, it's being proven that not many people are buying into the bullshit - the more likely outcome is that it'll make people look into things a bit more and start to see what's actually been going on.

Yours, a fellow tinfoil hatter (living in Hope, just North of Peterborough ;) )
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Emma Burnell ‏@EmmaBurnell_ 7m7 minutes ago
Will be on Sky News at 12.30 to talk about the Labour Party's attempts to eat itself this week.

Claire Spencer ‏@thedancingflea 6m6 minutes ago
@EmmaBurnell_ Thank goodness. They need your calm reflection!

Emma Burnell
‏@EmmaBurnell_
@thedancingflea I'm not sure I'll manage calm. But a firm put up or shut up and get on with winning an eminently winnable election!
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

So,what do we have here?
George Osborne openly lying to the country and being proved a liar within a couple of hours.
Teresa May failing yet again to find a suitable chair for the child sex abuse inquiry.
David Cameron having a major tantrum re the eu and being treated with contempt by other european countries.
2 Tory mps defecting to Ukip.
A recent poll showing the conservatives down to 29%.
Scotland voted to stay in the Uk,thanks in part to Labour and in spite of the coalition govt.

And yougov polling people about how Ed is doing?
And the entire media telling us Ed is useless and Labour have lost the 2015 election?

Instead of fabricating stories about Ed,how about holding this useless govt to account?
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Will be on Sky News at 12.30 to talk about the Labour Party's attempts to eat itself this week.

Emma Burnell
‏@EmmaBurnell_
@thedancingflea I'm not sure I'll manage calm. But a firm put up or shut up and get on with winning an eminently winnable election!
Labour Party 'eats itself'? That'll be the (checks figures) 1.4% of the PLP that have been named as possibly in a possible plot maybe, but not really...bad news for Mr Ed....personal approval rating with his MP's drops to a very damaging 98.6% :o
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Maria Eagle MP retweeted
John Rentoul ‏@JohnRentoul 21m21 minutes ago
Even I have got to laugh: Mail on Sunday Survation poll so disastrous for EdM it gives Labour a 5-pt lead http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ility.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
I do wonder whether there's a tipping point for all of these stories in that if no-one is named, eventually the public start to wonder if any of it is true and then start to ignore it.

What we need right now is another Tory defection...was it within 6 months of the GE and no by-election was needed? That date must be soon.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

danczuk cameron.jpg
danczuk cameron.jpg (40.04 KiB) Viewed 8221 times
Labour backbencher Simon Danczuk told BBC One's Sunday Politics Mr Miliband would lead the party into the election, but added: "The numbers show us he's not popular. That's the reality."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-29967737" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ality.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know we're not supposed to say mean stuff about what people look like but Danczuk looks a lot like a Tory
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Lonewolfie wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:

Emma Burnell
‏@EmmaBurnell_
Labour Party 'eats itself'? That'll be the (checks figures) 1.4% of the PLP that have been named as possibly in a possible plot maybe, but not really...bad news for Mr Ed....personal approval rating with his MP's drops to a very damaging 98.6% :o
Yes - you're right about that - but I think Emma Burnell is one of the good uns and is not trying to inflate the molehill so to speak - she's got an ironic turn of phrase most of the time. Hope she's good on Sky (much better her than many others they might have asked!).
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

I asked Cllr Paul Bull if he would storify some of the tweets from last night & he's come up with the goods.

https://storify.com/CllrPaul4Cowick/08-11-14-webacked" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Morning all.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

You can add your name to LabourLists "Put up or Shut up" letter:

http://labourlist.org/2014/11/anonymous ... r-shut-up/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Missed this...or is it new ?

Christ on a bike....

''Last week, the Surrey home of former Metropolitan Police Superintendent David Cook was raided by detectives from the Met's anti-corruption command, who questioned him under caution over alleged unauthorised disclosures to Panorama. Scotland Yard yesterday refused to comment on these.''
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 49303.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So the Met police are putting pressure on the BBC and ex cop David Cook - the same cop who was put under surveillance at News International's behest !
The same ex cop who was trying to investigate Daniel Morgan's murder, and who Rebekah Brooks claimed was being followed at NI's behest because he was having an affair - with his own wife of several years !

I'm reading Prof. John Dickie's Mafia Republic at the moment.
Take out the machine guns, mass murder and bombs, and the sunshine and lemon groves and what remains - the organised corruption between politicians, criminals, media and the police is the same here, albeit more genteel and less overt.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
danczuk cameron.jpg
Labour backbencher Simon Danczuk told BBC One's Sunday Politics Mr Miliband would lead the party into the election, but added: "The numbers show us he's not popular. That's the reality."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-29967737" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ality.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know we're not supposed to say mean stuff about what people look like but Danczuk looks a lot like a Tory

Maybe Lincoln was right when he said 'Every man over 40 years old is responsible for his face.'
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

rebeccariots2 wrote:I have reached the point where I really really want to see the equivalent of the Portillo moment for rather a lot of 'journalists' come May 2015 - top of the list is probably DFHodges.
You've gotta love Glenda's little boy. Havisham Hodges thinks he is so clever, but hasn't twigged that he is just playing the role of the useful idiot; come next May, whatever the result, he'll no longer be needed at the Telegraph and has probably made himself unemployable elsewhere. :dance:

Astonishingly the #webackEd tag is still near the top of the trends (only #RemembranceSunday is higher, for obvious reasons).
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

@cpeedell: If some @UKLabour MPs are serious about Alan Johnson becoming leader, then they better not campaign on NHS. @NHAparty will stand against him

@cpeedell: If Labour back Alan Johnson it will be huge own goal. He was an NHS privatiser http://t.co/00SxCNNo0b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
@UKLabour @LabourHealth
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

And where,may I ask,is Alistair Campbell?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

I see that comments have finally been allowed on the Boffey (non) story. Hopefully plenty taking him to task?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

@Aliceliverpool: #Marr 'No way out for Ed Miliband short of jumping out of a high window' @BBC ~ shocked to hear this by Andrew Marr.

Did Marr really say that ?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Rebecca wrote:And where,may I ask,is Alistair Campbell?
I thought that too. His twitter feed is studiously not commenting on any of this. He was 'piping' in at a dinner with Labour bods and other good sorts somewhere up north last night I think. (as in bagpiping in ...)
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Rebecca wrote:And where,may I ask,is Alistair Campbell?
In the midst of one of his depressive episodes, I fear - has hardly posted on his blog for ages, which is rarely a good sign :(
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:I see that comments have finally been allowed on the Boffey (non) story. Hopefully plenty taking him to task?
Just had a quick glance at first page & nope, all delighted. Plenty for Open Seas & co to get their teeth into hence lefties get swallowed up & spat out.

As of today, I've re-joined the ranks of the ex-Guardian posters.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

I guess the Guardian line might be that they need another Tory 'win' / no overall majority to ensure the Lib Dems - such as they are post May 2015 - have somewhere to crawl to for another gasp of power. It's the only straw reason I can clutch at when trying to make sense of their stance ...
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

pk1 wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:I see that comments have finally been allowed on the Boffey (non) story. Hopefully plenty taking him to task?
Just had a quick glance at first page & nope, all delighted. Plenty for Open Seas & co to get their teeth into hence lefties get swallowed up & spat out.

Yes - it's exactly as PK describes. Best stay away.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

pk1 wrote:

As I said last night, comments would be opened when they could guarantee the astroturfers being in place. And congratulations on seeing the light, it really is surprisingly easy to give up that rag in the end. ;-)
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
pk1 wrote:

As I said last night, comments would be opened when they could guarantee the astroturfers being in place. And congratulations on seeing the light, it really is surprisingly easy to give up that rag in the end. ;-)
Tough when it's been a long-standing habit though. :(
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Some of us can recall how it used to fawn over the SDP and sneer at Labour back in the 1980s. Old habits die hard, it seems.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

I know we've been here before, but how the hell do we get a press that can offset the right wing dominance? We used to have a public broadcaster which was quite valuable, but that's clearly no longer (and for ages hasn't been) the case. Maybe JK's got a few quid she could spare to set one up a quality paper and pay (among others) some of our star FTNers to provide the content.

If I had more money than Brenda I'd certainly be open to an approach ....
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Here's what opened the Murnaghan show today:

http://news.sky.com/story/1369726/ed-mi ... leadership" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

pk1 wrote:Here's what opened the Murnaghan show today:

http://news.sky.com/story/1369726/ed-mi ... leadership" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Still pushing the 20 figure. What a pile of crap.

" But Ken Livingstone, Labour's former Mayor of London, denied Mr Miliband was in any danger.

Also speaking on Sky's Murnaghan programme, he said: "There's going to be no challenge whatsoever, (it's) absolute rubbish.

"Alan Johnson has made it absolutely clear he doesn't want to be Labour leader."

The Observer reports a senior Labour MP saying: "It has reached critical mass now." "

So we're really talking about a single unattributed troublemaker.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Pathetic, isn't it. The only names they can actually quote are McBride and an ex-MP, but it is still "A Crisis". :smack:

Kudos to Ken Livingstone, fighting the good fight, as ever.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

StephenDolan wrote:

" But Ken Livingstone, Labour's former Mayor of London, denied Mr Miliband was in any danger.

Also speaking on Sky's Murnaghan programme, he said: "There's going to be no challenge whatsoever, (it's) absolute rubbish.

"Alan Johnson has made it absolutely clear he doesn't want to be Labour leader."

The Observer reports a senior Labour MP saying: "It has reached critical mass now." "

And it is becoming increasingly apparent that the "single unattributed troublemaker" is likely to be Simon Danczuk. I wish he'd just **** off to UKIP and do us all a favour.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
StephenDolan wrote:

And it is becoming increasingly apparent that the "single unattributed troublemaker" is likely to be Simon Danczuk. I wish he'd just **** off to UKIP and do us all a favour.
I am hoping for a "Portillo moment" from that self important pip squeak. MP for 5 fucking minutes and he thinks he can run the show, piss off! :x
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

adam wrote:According to the telegraph, Danczuk is going to be on the Daily Politics in the morning...
Simon Danczuk, Labour MP for Rochdale, said in an interview to be broadcast on the BBC’s Sunday Politics today that “more Ed” was not the way for the party to win May’s general election.
He said: “The answer isn’t more Ed in the next six months, let’s be honest about this because that approach has already been tried and tested.
“What we need is a team approach, that’s the reality of it. That’s what David Cameron does – he has a team approach and it helps hide some of his weaknesses because he’s spreading the load across a number of Cabinet ministers.
“And Ed needs to take the same approach because the numbers show us that he’s not popular with the electorate, that’s the reality of it.
“So what we need to do is spread the load amongst the Shadow Cabinet and bring some of them to the fore. Let’s not believe that more Ed, as I’ve heard said, is the answer to winning the General Election in 2015.”
And there my good friends is the man who wants Ed's job.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

And this has Crosby's nasty sticky fingers all over it.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

ohsocynical wrote:And this has Crosby's nasty sticky fingers all over it.
Yes. And Wintour and Boffrey,ably assisted by a few useful idiots within the party.. Sickening.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

I can't handle all this at present. What's Ed Miliband meant to have done wrong apart from not win (although the signs are that he will - and that's what's not going down too well) a General Election that we haven't even had yet. At present, I'm beleaguered on all sides fielding family 'phone calls and stuff which I'm not really equipped to deal with but I seem to have been nominated as "it", nevertheless. In truth, I'm finding the Ed Miliband stuff just as distressing. And I'm pretty sure it's not displacement.

Oh - good morning, everyone.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
StephenDolan wrote:

Not sure about that, tbh.

A certain Labour MP who made an arse of himself at PMQs recently trying to out-UKIP UKIP on immigration is being widely mentioned on social media :?:

EDIT: OK then, try feeding the name of the MP for Dudley North into Twitter :twisted:
Last edited by AnatolyKasparov on Sun 09 Nov, 2014 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

PorFavor wrote:I can't handle all this at present. What's Ed Miliband meant to have done wrong apart from not win (although the signs are that he will - and that's what's not going down too well) a General Election that we haven't even had yet. At present, I'm beleaguered on all sides fielding family 'phone calls and stuff which I'm not really equipped to deal with but I seem to have been nominated as "it", nevertheless. In truth, I'm finding the Ed Miliband stuff just as distressing. And I'm pretty sure it's not displacement.

Oh - good morning, everyone.
I sense your distress & I'm only sorry I can't help but do have a hug from me. I hope your family troubles improve soon. As for the Ed troubles - goodness knows when they will be resolved, I suspect it will take until May 8th.

:hug: :hug: :hug:
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:

A certain Labour MP who made an arse of himself at PMQs recently trying to out-UKIP UKIP on immigration is being widely mentioned on social media :?:

Name ? Genuinely have no clue who you're talking about. :?:
mikems
Minister of State

Post by mikems »

Last few days are perfect example of why Leveson and wider media reform are so needed.
Last edited by mikems on Sun 09 Nov, 2014 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
StephenDolan wrote: Still pushing the 20 figure. What a pile of crap.

Name names then?! Danczuk it has to said is a horrible little **** no ifs or buts.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

pk1 wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:

Name ? Genuinely have no clue who you're talking about. :?:
Me neither. Pretty much the only name I'm seeing is Danczuk ... oh, and people slagging of Tristram Hunt.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

mikems wrote:Last few days are perfect example of why Leveson and wider media reform are so needed.
Leveson is probably part of the reason why the last few days have happened. The media fears what it can't quite control.
mikems
Minister of State

Post by mikems »

Yes, they condemn themselves by their own action.