Sat 11 and Sun 12 April

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Re: Sat 11 and Sun 12 April

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Sam Coates Times ‏@SamCoatesTimes 5m5 minutes ago
Looking at where houses are worth over £1m, and the marginal seats where Tories need to hold on / win, this IHT property promise is baffling

Sam Coates Times ‏@SamCoatesTimes 2m2 minutes ago
There r 500,000ish homes currently worth £1m plus mostly in London / Surrey / Buckinghamshire. Such a small segment, mostly already Tory?
Working on the wild side.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
Eric_WLothian wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Carney got a heck of a salary. Wouldn't be surprised if we were paying the Non Dom charge too.
Presumably he's paying Canadian taxes on the assets he left behind. Unless Canada is a low-tax country, it's unlikely there would be much of a difference in how much tax he pays in total - which would mean he wouldn't be hit significantly by the non-dom charge.
(Just guessing - I'm not an international finance expert)!
Edited to add ... or Mark Carney's tax advisor. :)
He will be paying the charge, so whatever he would be paying in tax is northbound of 30k.
Doesn't he have a choice - either pay the charge or pay UK tax on his Canadian income? Surely if he chooses the latter, any Canadian tax paid can be deducted from the UK tax due?
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Looking at where houses are worth over £1m, and the marginal seats where Tories need to hold on / win, this IHT property promise is baffling

There r 500,000ish homes currently worth £1m plus mostly in London / Surrey / Buckinghamshire. Such a small segment, mostly already Tory?
It's GOP tactic. This sort of thing gets people in Misssissippi to vote for them when they'll never benefit from it. Whether it works here is a different question.
Hobiejoe
Minister of State

Post by Hobiejoe »

Oh bugger. Last up again.

I'll just bid you all goodnight, and hope that that sprog one's mates don't make too much noise when they wake up after their sleep-over.
Hobiejoe
Minister of State

Post by Hobiejoe »

Good night 'm Lady.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

Not quite, Hobiejoe – hope the kids don't all shriek you awake in the morning!

@DiGriz: we didn't get a definitive answer on DC's tax-status although he said that anyone who wanted to be an MP or Peer couldn't be a non-dom.

Re: Canada and Income Tax. I tried looking it up and it got complicated as they have Federal Income Tax and State/Provincial/Territorial Income Taxes (the latter vary quite widely) so have asked a friend there. It probably wo'n't be easy to compare at all, as there are so many differences between their system and ours. For example, their version of the NHS is funded straight out of taxes rather than by a separate National Insurance – but it doesn't pay for some things, such as prescription drugs, home care or long-term care, prescription glasses or dental care, which means most Canadians pay out-of-pocket for these services or rely on private insurance and some of those payments can be claimed back through tax returns for people in certain circumstances. To give you a basic idea, though: if you live in Nova Scotia you'd pay 21% local income tax on taxable-earnings over $150,000 as well as 29% Federal income tax on everything over $138,586, so that's a top-top rate of 50% for the highest earnings in the highest tax-charging Province.

Anyone who wants to go deep and try to do a serious comparison, have a look here: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/fq/txrts-eng.html
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

http://www.pieria.co.uk/articles/whos_o ... _uk_growth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dismantling of the 'growth, aren't we great? ' argument repeated by Conservatives.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

It's a bit rich of Labour to whatever, tax matters in this case, because they did or didn't do such and such during their thirteen years of power. Well that's a new argument. No not really it's the same one that Cameron has been spouting from the dispatch box for the last five years.

I've said it once and I'll say it again; no Cameron or whichever Tory it may be this time, we may learn from the past but particularly at election time we wish to look forward. Besides if looking to the past is what you'd like us to do, we only need look at the mistakes of the last five years and then listen to your talk of more of the same. Even where we've had a longer period to assess such as the last time you were in power, you still continue to repeat past mistakes. Personally I think that that's a bit rich.
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

diGriz wrote:Hi all. Did we ever ascertain whether or not Cameron inherited his father's non-dom status?
I'm pretty sure this was discussed a few days ago, diGriz, and that MPs and Lords had to relinquish their non-dom status to serve in either House. I know I read a Telegraph article and Guardian concerning same but a quick Google has only turned up proposals from 2010, I've only read the summaries in the search page and not followed the links. I am sure though because Zac Goldsmith and Lord Ashcroft (?) had to relinquish theirs whereas 5 or 6 other lords and past Tory donors did not and stood down from the House.

Whether or not that was a permanent state of affairs, i.e. keeping the ability to resume said status, I don't know. If Cameron had such status it would seem more than hypocritical to have retained it. Oh, as you were.

Edit : added 'and stood down from the House'.

Edit: I've just realised that Cameron's father was born in Scotland and his mother in London.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Morning.

Have just read the Craig Murray link claiming M15 'false flag' ops to discredit the SNP.
The man has form, but is loved by the Narxist brigade.

What a wonderful luxury it must be for these Nat extremists.
They are blame free in their own minds. They just ignore the reality, that a small percentage of their supporters are aggressive, sweary & unhinged individuals perfectly capable of idiotic acts, and blame M15 instead. Huge face palm.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:

It's GOP tactic. This sort of thing gets people in Misssissippi to vote for them when they'll never benefit from it. Whether it works here is a different question.
They also need to explain how they're paying for this tax cut. As Paul Lewis notes on Twitter only 26000 estates out of 564,961 deaths in the UK in 2013/14 paid any inheritance tax (and that's when the threshold for pay it was £325,000). The amount of tax raised from those by that was £3.3bn.

Raising the threshold to £1million would have removed most of those 26,000 estates from paying any tax. How much of that £3.3bn would have disappeared from the public finances?
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

Can we believe a story in the Telegraph (that isn't based on a UK government leak). A fairly damning indictment of a previously serious newspaper.

Why those Scottish polls may not be as bad as they look (at this level of intimidation who admits to anything).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general ... miles.html
Release the Guardvarks.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

According to the Mail, Ukip are burying another poll. This time showing Mark Reckless might lose his seat:
Last edited by refitman on Sun 12 Apr, 2015 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: context
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:Can we believe a story in the Telegraph (that isn't based on a UK government leak). A fairly damning indictment of a previously serious newspaper.

Why those Scottish polls may not be as bad as they look (at this level of intimidation who admits to anything).

Those weren't SNP activists though TE, they were some of the thousands of Scottish MI5 sleepers who've been activated to discredit the Nats. :roll:
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Thanks for the UKIP poll story Dan.

Just wondering if anyone who has been very involved with local Labour campaigns knows; does Labour poll in all constituencies to ascertain the likely state of play ?
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 26m26 minutes ago

Panelbase S Times Scotland poll finds 51% saying they'd vote no in new IndyRef to 42% YES. Biggest gap since the referendum

Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 23m23 minutes ago

Panelbase S Times Scotland poll finds more than half (54%) of voters do not want a referendum before 2020, compared with 39% in favour.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Spacedone wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
They also need to explain how they're paying for this tax cut. As Paul Lewis notes on Twitter only 26000 estates out of 564,961 deaths in the UK in 2013/14 paid any inheritance tax (and that's when the threshold for pay it was £325,000). The amount of tax raised from those by that was £3.3bn.

Raising the threshold to £1million would have removed most of those 26,000 estates from paying any tax. How much of that £3.3bn would have disappeared from the public finances?
They say, I believe, that they are funding this by the reduction of pension tax relief on high earners - those over 150k - down from 40% to 10%. So they can claim they are taxing the wealthier .... but doesn't stop it being a tax on those working / earning now to pay for those who already own substantial assets.

Editing to add: And surely there are far better / worthier things to spend the money raised on?
Last edited by rebeccariots2 on Sun 12 Apr, 2015 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

yahyah wrote:Morning.

Have just read the Craig Murray link claiming M15 'false flag' ops to discredit the SNP.

They are blame free in their own minds. They just ignore the reality, that a small percentage of their supporters are aggressive, sweary & unhinged individuals perfectly capable of idiotic acts, and blame M15 instead. Huge face palm.
I was stunned by that blog piece and most of the responses BTL. One of the first comments asked for hints on how they might spot sleepers and infiltrators within their midst ....
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

rebeccariots2 wrote:

I was stunned by that blog piece and most of the responses BTL. One of the first comments asked for hints on how they might spot sleepers and infiltrators within their midst ....

Surprised they haven't said 'look for the reptile tails', it is so close to David Icke's 'false flag' tripe.
It really is like a cult, they'll need mass de-programming at some point.

Just wondering if any fallout from the Mike Parker and then Huw Thomas media problems have been mentioned by voters down your way ?
The Western Mail seems to be keeping the Huw Thomas story up for a long outing, still at the top of their front page this morning.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

A good p***take of Craig Murray BTL on his blog.

''Ok, so we’ve heard that it could have been a Scots Nat.
We’ve heard that it could have been MI5 trying to implicate the Scots Nats.
But I have an alternative theory. Could it be that it was a genuine Scots Nat trying to make it look as though MI5 are attempting to implicate Scots Nats, thereby smearing MI5?
And let’s not discount hologram theory quite yet. How do we know it actually exists?''

Touche !
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

yahyah wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:

Surprised they haven't said 'look for the reptile tails', it is so close to David Icke's 'false flag' tripe.
It really is like a cult, they'll need mass de-programming at some point.

Just wondering if any fallout from the Mike Parker and then Huw Thomas media problems have been mentioned by voters down your way ?
The Western Mail seems to be keeping the Huw Thomas story up for a long outing, still at the top of their front page this morning.
I've not seen anyone from the campaign team here or been canvassing over the past 7 to 10 days as it's been a very full on with gardening work. I'll be back out with people next week so can ask if they've encountered anything. My - admittedly limited - opinion is that people have generally been very focused on immediately local issues here and don't really pay that much attention to the Western Mail or Ceredigion matters - unless they directly affect them e.g. parking charges and business rates in Cardigan. Our Preseli candidate has done a good job in raising his profile through his work on trying to clean up the 'broken politics' of Pembs County Council - so I think most people know who he is, and if they don't immediately recognise the name they know who you mean when you mention what he's done.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Not been watching it, but it seems Marr has found his teeth interviewing Osborne.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Paul Waugh ‏@paulwaugh 9m9 minutes ago
#Marr to Osborne: ‘You keep saying sensible and balanced, balance and sensible, but you are not answering the question' Ouch

Beth Rigby ‏@BethRigby 8m8 minutes ago
#Marr really went for Osborne over the £8bn NHS committment -- good 5 mins on that ahead of IHT, which is the Cons big sell today.

Beth Rigby ‏@BethRigby 6m6 minutes ago
Osborne "We have got such a positive and ambitious prog for this country." Talk of "positive vision" definite shift here in Tory lang #Marr

Tom Newton Dunn ‏@tnewtondunn 5m5 minutes ago
Osborne, quite reluctantly, repeats Fallon attack on Ed v David on #Marr. "Of course it's backstabbing". But didn't want to do go there.

Paul Waugh ‏@paulwaugh 6m6 minutes ago
Blimey, almost thought #Marr was going to end that by asking Osborne: ‘You alright..? You OK..?'
Think I've got the flavour of that Marr / Osborne interview ... they're all over the place.

They certainly don't know how to do 'positive' for any but a chosen few on any consistent basis.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:Can we believe a story in the Telegraph (that isn't based on a UK government leak). A fairly damning indictment of a previously serious newspaper.

Not just that, but its written by Gilligan. Still, all depressingly believable in this instance :roll:
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

RobertSnozers wrote:Murray and his like whip up hatred against the evil Westminster parties and then act all disbelieving when there are consequences. Surprised no-one has accused Labour and the Tories of vandalising their own offices to smear the poor old SNP
I think you'll find there are suggestions of just that BTL on the Murray piece - I seem to remember a suggestion that the swastika is painted the wrong way round because it's actually on the inside of the glass ....
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

I suspect it is happening. One lady in her seventies [genuine I think] who Tweets said her daughter and son in law had been verbally assaulted for saying they were voting Labour. Now they say SNP to avoid it.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Spacedone wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote: It's GOP tactic. This sort of thing gets people in Misssissippi to vote for them when they'll never benefit from it. Whether it works here is a different question.

They say, I believe, that they are funding this by the reduction of pension tax relief on high earners - those over 150k - down from 40% to 10%. So they can claim they are taxing the wealthier .... but doesn't stop it being a tax on those working / earning now to pay for those who already own substantial assets.

Editing to add: And surely there are far better / worthier things to spend the money raised on?
Tories don't do worthy or deserving, let alone a crying need for.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Adam Feneley ‏@AJFeneley 12 mins12 minutes ago
Had been waiting for calcs on how much Gov. subsidises big businesses paying low wages. £11bn just for supermarkets!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32272817
Hah. Just found this. Been wondering for a long time just how much the subsidies to big business were costing.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Have just made donation. But am still awaiting the arrival of my Hell Yes t-shirt.

Has anyone else got their's yet?
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

Just been reading Crippling PFI deals leave Britain £222bn in debt: http://www.independent.co.uk/money/loan ... 70214.html, which is pretty eye-watering.

I recently looked at Treasury (?) documentation after pointing out to someone at the G that Labour did not in fact introduce PFI. Whatever they did make too much use of it, nevertheless what I was seeking was how much PFI was being used today, i.e. during this parliament, something unfortunately that is lacking from the article. Anyway it wasn't something that was easily discerned, requiring close examination of each of the listed developments there being no PFI only lists that I found... I didn't continue. I do know however that no matter how PFI is presented, this government has continued to use them despite historically low interest rates.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

tinyclanger2 wrote:Have just made donation. But am still awaiting the arrival of my Hell Yes t-shirt.

Hell, no.

Edited to add -

Or perhaps that should be, "Heavens, no!"
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

PorFavor wrote:
tinyclanger2 wrote:Have just made donation. But am still awaiting the arrival of my Hell Yes t-shirt.

Hell, no.

Edited to add -

I imagine - hope - they're having to get a bulk printing up done to satisfy orders!
Swarthlander
Committee Chair

Post by Swarthlander »

PorFavor wrote:

Hell, no.

Edited to add -

Only the email to say it was being made (in the UK).

Good morning. :D
"A lack of compassion is as vulgar as an excess of tears"
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Swarthlander wrote:
PorFavor wrote:

Hell, no.

Edited to add -

Yes - I got one of those. And as I said the other day, I was pleased and relieved that they avoided the trap (and the dodgyness (is that a word?)) of possible sweat-shop labour.

Edited

Brackets - and I rearranged the words to make a well-known phrase . . . . .
Last edited by PorFavor on Sun 12 Apr, 2015 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

diGriz wrote:Hi all. Did we ever ascertain whether or not Cameron inherited his father's non-dom status?
I seem to recall that Dave's inheritance was largely from his father's UK assets, all he received from the overseas holding was a cash sum of about £300k; he is, of course, the younger brother so it is not impossible that his brother Alexander may have inherited such status (the bulk of the overseas will went to Alexander, Tania and Clare, their sisters),
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

PorFavor wrote:
Swarthlander wrote:
PorFavor wrote:
Hell, no.

Edited to add -

Yes - I got one of those. And as I said the other day, I was pleased and relieved that they avoided the trap (and the possible dodgyness (is that a word?) of sweat-shop labour.
Unlike Ukip, who are having their stuff made in China.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

ohsocynical wrote:
Adam Feneley ‏@AJFeneley 12 mins12 minutes ago
Had been waiting for calcs on how much Gov. subsidises big businesses paying low wages. £11bn just for supermarkets!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32272817
Hah. Just found this. Been wondering for a long time just how much the subsidies to big business were costing.
Frightening isn't it, ohso? What I would also like to see however is some breakdown of how much subsidy is paid to outsourced companies, those that replace public sector provision, the resultant in-work benefits or tax credits payed to their staff compared to the public sector employees they replaced. That would put a different perspective on all the private sector jobs this government have created, aside of zhc, rapid rise in nominal self-employment, etc., etc.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Mark Steel ‏@mrmarksteel 21 hrs21 hours ago Yorkshire and The Humber, England

Let's play 'Guess tomorrow's headlines' - I'm going with 'I saw Miliband scratch his arse with TWO fingers' says former lorry driver.
Not so far fetched when you think of it...
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Paul Waugh ‏@paulwaugh 3m3 minutes ago
.@JoeyEssex_ reveals David Cameron is only party leader to hv turned down interview. ‘I’ve only just found out today….i’m a bit gutted'
I'm beginning to realise that the skill / quality the Tories might legitimately claim competency and specialism in is 'avoidance' of all types.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

refitman wrote:
PorFavor wrote:
Swarthlander wrote: Only the email to say it was being made (in the UK).

Yes - I got one of those. And as I said the other day, I was pleased and relieved that they avoided the trap (and the possible dodgyness (is that a word?) of sweat-shop labour.
Unlike Ukip, who are having their stuff made in China.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
:shock:
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

Further to my comment about benefit top-ups to the staff of outsourcing companies, something that is never mentioned with regard to cost when such contracts are being proposed or negotiated. We only ever hear of the headline figures, which from a departmental perspective may seem enough (NHS for example), but never the total cost to tax-payers.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Barry Sheerman ‏@BarrySheerman 19s19 seconds ago
Shameful that poorly paid supermarket workers have to claim benefit to sustain basic needs! Taxpayer subsidy of £11billion to poor employers
Glad someone is straight on it.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

PorFavor wrote:
Swarthlander wrote:
PorFavor wrote:
Hell, no.

Edited to add -

Yes - I got one of those. And as I said the other day, I was pleased and relieved that they avoided the trap (and the dodgyness (is that a word?)) of possible sweat-shop labour.

Edited

Brackets - and I rearranged the words to make a well-known phrase . . . . .
Is this a "spot the well-known phrase" competition? (Am hopeless with anagrams.)
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Oh - and good morfternoon!
notnowsonny
Committee Member

Post by notnowsonny »

A returnee - formerly blamebertwilliams but I forgot my password and the site is extremely slow at sending a reminder.

I watched Marr-Osborne and attach (I hope) a frame from the last split second before the cameras cut away.

My complaint to the BBC says:

At the end of his interview with George Osborne and clearly not realising that the camera had yet to cut away, Marr gave a thumbs-up to Osborne. I have a screen grab of this which I am happy to provide should technical problems prevent you from finding it. I have no doubt that others will post something similar on social media. Under what conceivable circumstances can Marr's action be considered acceptable behaviour from a supposedly unbiased political commentator?

Anyone up for twitterising this?
Attachments
marr150412.2.jpg
marr150412.2.jpg (40.79 KiB) Viewed 9243 times
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Jim Murphy ‏@JimForScotland 3m3 minutes ago
Just arrived at the BBC for the next leaders debate of the campaign with @Sun_Pol_Scot. Looking forward to it.
Whatever else people might think of Murphy (I have some respect for him now) he's certainly proving he's got the stamina and commitment to being able to argue the case .... something so clearly lacking from Cameron. Did anyone see the Mail story yesterday about how tired and unhealthy Cameron looks - bags under his eyes - from his 'punishing' work on the campaign trail? It just made me think how pampered the man's normal week must be .... The comments BTL were lovely - not much sympathy from those who are working hard all the time just to sustain basic living - or from those put out of work by coalition cuts.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

This is a comprehensive time line for the Bank failure and credit crunch. A lengthy read. We should keep it somewhere safe.
Most analysts link the current credit crisis to the sub-prime mortgage business, in which US banks give high-risk loans to people with poor credit histories.
These and other loans, bonds or assets are bundled into portfolios - or Collateralised Debt Obligations (CDOs) - and sold on to investors globally.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7521250.stm
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

notnowsonny wrote:A returnee - formerly blamebertwilliams but I forgot my password and the site is extremely slow at sending a reminder.

I watched Marr-Osborne and attach (I hope) a frame from the last split second before the cameras cut away.

My complaint to the BBC says:

At the end of his interview with George Osborne and clearly not realising that the camera had yet to cut away, Marr gave a thumbs-up to Osborne. I have a screen grab of this which I am happy to provide should technical problems prevent you from finding it. I have no doubt that others will post something similar on social media. Under what conceivable circumstances can Marr's action be considered acceptable behaviour from a supposedly unbiased political commentator?

Anyone up for twitterising this?
I Twitter but don't have the skill to do screen shots or photos. Hopefully Refitman will be reading this.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Richard Murphy ‏@RichardJMurphy 12 hrs12 hours ago

Looks like Tories are adding massive new complexity to tax system to pay for their inheritance tax giveaway. I sense a policy backfire
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

I find myself obsessed with Scottish polls (though feel I made a good job of hiding this so far ...).
Any good links on stuff around said polls and discussions about them I can tune into (eg; is there a #scottishpollsareinpracticequitemisleadingforonereasonoranother or such like).