Thursday 30th June 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 30th June 2016

Post by ohsocynical »

ITV NewsVerified account
‏@itvnews

Michael Gove wants George Osborne to stay on as Chancellor if he becomes Conservative leader

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2016-06- ... ry-leader/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

ohsocynical wrote:ITV NewsVerified account
‏@itvnews

Michael Gove wants George Osborne to stay on as Chancellor if he becomes Conservative leader

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2016-06- ... ry-leader/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …

Somehow, I thought he might.
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

tinyclanger2 wrote:Popped out for a small snifter earlier.
Swigging for Victory.
Drinking in defeat.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

How will David Cameron's successor be chosen?

29 June - The 1922 Committee, which represents backbenchers gathers for its regular Wednesday meeting. Nominations formally open.
30 June - Nominations close at midday. There is no threshold for support beyond being formally proposed and seconded by fellow MPs, being willing to stand and agreeing to abide by the rules.
Week commencing 4 July - If there are more than two challengers, MPs begin to whittle them down in consecutive rounds of voting. The MP with the least support is eliminated until only a final pair remain.
Hustings are scheduled around the country for the rivals to go head-to-head with their pitch to party members.
The membership chooses between the two in a one-member-one-vote postal ballot. This was the system introduced under William Hague after the 1997 landslide that brought Tony Blair to power. Previously the leader had been chosen by MPs.
9 September - New leader announced.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... -successor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wow. Tory membership choose between a couple of Tory MPs using postal ballots after Tory leadership decide which two are
acceptable. Current UK government are the result of jackass Tory aristocracy deciding which b*****d gets to lead the UK
people and country straight into Pandemonium. This is a problem.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 11431.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“There would be no country left if we leave the EU,” Dr Murkens told the Evening Standard. “I see no way in which the UK can leave the EU and survive.”

Some commentators have suggested Boris Johnson also came to the same conclusion as Dr Murkens, which would provide a possible explanation for his surprise withdrawal from the Conservative leadership race on Thursday.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:
‏@itvnews

Somehow, I thought he might.
Five days after Brexit vote, Chancellor Jeff came up from the watery depths to issue his response to it.
George Osborne warns UK to expect spending cuts and tax rises after Brexit vote
Chancellor says it is 'very clear' the country will be poorer following the people’s decision to leave the EU

Tuesday 28 June 2016

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 06921.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor ... r-11550997" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Letter to Farage from Polish business woman in Newcastle

People who I met on my way were far better than you, they opened their heart to me, they have helped me on several occasions, and in return I have given them my friendship and my gratefulness. I call them my friends and that, for some people, means something.
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

Nobody wants to be the one to press the button with A50 written on it. Cameron certainly didn't, Boris doesn't. He wants to come riding to the rescue later after a Damascene conversion when more of the country has seen their folly. It's my guess that in five years' time you'll struggle to find anyone who voted brexit.
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Saeed Kamali Dehghan
Theresa May is at the US ambassador’s London residence, Winfield House, for the annual Fourth of July celebration tonight. I ask her if she’d give Boris Johnson a job in her cabinet. “I’m not offering any jobs at the moment,” she replies.

It's the 30 June
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

60000 new members in last week according to Peston
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Don't blame Jeremy Corbyn - polls show only Tory voters could have kept us in the EU
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/st ... kept-us-eu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

tinyclanger2 wrote:Saeed Kamali Dehghan
Theresa May is at the US ambassador’s London residence, Winfield House, for the annual Fourth of July celebration tonight. I ask her if she’d give Boris Johnson a job in her cabinet. “I’m not offering any jobs at the moment,” she replies.

It's the 30 June
US Independence Day celebration isn't being celebrated at the US ambassador's place in London on the US Independence Day (July Fourth).
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

frightful_oik wrote:It's my guess that in five years' time you'll struggle to find anyone who voted brexit.
Jeremy Corbyn?

Bada boom tish.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Heather Stewart @GuardianHeather
Labour has signed up an amazing 60,000 new members in past week, taking total to 440,000 - more than 1997 peak, party sources say.
What with that and the thing about the civil service numbers (earlier post) am having an irony overload.
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
Heather Stewart @GuardianHeather
Labour has signed up an amazing 60,000 new members in past week, taking total to 440,000 - more than 1997 peak, party sources say.
What with that and the thing about the civil service numbers (earlier post) am having an irony overload.
Said it yesterday: whatever Corbyn has got* with respect to gaining members, the LP should find it and store it for the future.

* Unelectable left wingedness is what it has been described as I believe.
Donald Trump: Making America Hate Again
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

tinyclanger2 wrote:Don't blame Jeremy Corbyn - polls show only Tory voters could have kept us in the EU
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/st ... kept-us-eu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Spot the glaring error in the stand first to that article:

Despite deep divisions in the Labour Party, it's the Tory voters who let Remain down.
Maeght
Committee Chair

Post by Maeght »

This article has made me so mad.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 11906.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Does anybody think Angela Eagle and her friends could be so cruel if it turns out to be true?
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

frightful_oik wrote:Nobody wants to be the one to press the button with A50 written on it. Cameron certainly didn't, Boris doesn't. He wants to come riding to the rescue later after a Damascene conversion when more of the country has seen their folly. It's my guess that in five years' time you'll struggle to find anyone who voted brexit.
Constitutional expert : Brexit: EU referendum was a 'draw' and UK exit will not happen, LSE professor says

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 11431.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(He is an expert so we can probably ignore him)

(I might have pinched this link from here... not sure where I found it.... sorry if I have thieved it)
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

‏@itvnews

ATANTIC BRIDGE!!!! ATLANTIC BRIDGE!!!!

(Sorry for shouting but it's obligatory in conspiracy theory nutters like me :) )

Oh and here's the link to the no doubt thoroughly unreliable wiki page I'm getting this silliness from for those who are wondering what I'm shouting about :

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Atlantic_Bridge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

I have been mostly feeling blue today. Not even the sight of Boris Johnson actually being shocked to discover that Michael Gove is an even bigger and even better deceitful lying shit than himself has cheered me up. Largely because the hand rammed up the Gove-puppet arse has a distinctly antipodean shape to it. Which means that Gove will have the full force of the media behind him and in all likelihood will (a) win the Tory leadership, (b) will get praised, yes praised, for not holding an election to obtain the mandate he doesn't have to continue to 2020 and, even more nauseatingly, will receive the most oleaginous, puke-inducing coverage that an incompetent half-wit suffering from the largest Dunning-Krüger complex in history has ever received. Bah.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Maeght wrote:This article has made me so mad.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 11906.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Does anybody think Angela Eagle and her friends could be so cruel if it turns out to be true?
I think the fact that her local party support Corbyn may be more to do with it, if true.

Thanks for linking it. The BTL comments are quite interesting.
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

Jeremy looks like a broken man
He's got so many knives in him, it's a miracle he's not an exsanguinated husk gently flapping about on the ground.

The man must have the constitution of an ox.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

I think we forget that he is a 66 year old man and this bullying has been unacceptable. Even if you disagree with his politics there is no excuse for what is happening and, if this is true, I will be very disappointed. The idea of breaking someone is repugnant

Talking of repugnant it seems that Gove has shot his bolt as well.....astonishing

Theresa May is favourite and that is interesting as she was nominally Remain and did absolutely Sweet FA......she made no efforts at all and yet she has managed to come out of it all smelling of roses
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

there is general agreement among Labour MPs that if Mr Corbyn insists on fighting another leadership campaign, there should be only one person standing against him.
Will it be Zippy or will it be Bungle that finally stands against him. We await with bated breath.
Last edited by JonnyT1234 on Thu 30 Jun, 2016 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maeght
Committee Chair

Post by Maeght »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:

I think the fact that her local party support Corbyn may be more to do with it, if true.

Thanks for linking it. The BTL comments are quite interesting.
Thank you very much for pointing it out. I was reluctant to read the comments because I just didn't think I could face any more nastiness today.

But you are right. Some of the comments quite cheered me up!
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

JonnyT1234 wrote:
Jeremy looks like a broken man
He's got so many knives in him, it's a miracle he's not an exsanguinated husk gently flapping about on the ground.

The man must have the constitution of an ox.
which, according to Mr E Izzard, when it belongs to your neighbour, you shouldn't cover [sic]

which has just brought to mind the burglary by dressage pony
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WHEN'S THE DRESSAGE ON?
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Forget who but somebody mentioned the guy from the Chakrabarti inquiry denying he's anything to do with Momentum.

Clearly whoever said that couldn't be arsed clicking on the pictures to read his leaflet because right there at the very top were the words "Momentum Black Connexions"

Google Momentum Black Connextions then try and deny he is connected to Momentum !

There are plenty of links to journalists in the room that can attest to his words & actions prior to the video carried in the Indy article. If you're genuinely interested I suggest you try and read some of them. If however you have decided she was just using this to have a dig at Corbyn then nothing she or anybody else says will convince you.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

JonnyT1234 wrote:
there is general agreement among Labour MPs that if Mr Corbyn insists on fighting another leadership campaign, there should be only one person standing against him.
Will it be Zippy or will it be Bungle that finally stands against him. We await with bated breath.
I think they tried to call me earlier - see if I fancied it. I told them I don't take unsolicited phone calls after 6.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

tinyclanger2 wrote:Saeed Kamali Dehghan

It's the 30 June
Well, Theresa May always did have a problem with dates . . .
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

pk1 wrote:Forget who but somebody mentioned the guy from the Chakrabarti inquiry denying he's anything to do with Momentum.

Clearly whoever said that couldn't be arsed clicking on the pictures to read his leaflet because right there at the very top were the words "Momentum Black Connexions"

Google Momentum Black Connextions then try and deny he is connected to Momentum !

There are plenty of links to journalists in the room that can attest to his words & actions prior to the video carried in the Indy article. If you're genuinely interested I suggest you try and read some of them. If however you have decided she was just using this to have a dig at Corbyn then nothing she or anybody else says will convince you.
Seriously not bothered to find out anything about this because I'm still failing to see what the hell it has to do with Corbyn? Man may or may not have behaved like a dick at an event. It's all Jeremy Corbyn's fault. For some reason. No one can say why or how but it is.
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

JonnyT1234 wrote:I have been mostly feeling blue today. ... even more nauseatingly, will receive the most oleaginous, puke-inducing coverage that an incompetent half-wit suffering from the largest Dunning-Krüger complex in history has ever received. Bah.
Can someone post the Stephen Collins cartoon again to cheer me up. Ta.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

pk1 wrote:Forget who but somebody mentioned the guy from the Chakrabarti inquiry denying he's anything to do with Momentum.

Tell you what....why don't you just give us one link so we can have a starting place

All I know is that the video failed to show any anti-semitism

Seeing the Guardian today has been showing tweets out of context and rewriting what Corbyn said......then forgive me if I am just a bit skeptical of something a journalist say is true
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

JonnyT1234 wrote:
tinyclanger2 wrote:Don't blame Jeremy Corbyn - polls show only Tory voters could have kept us in the EU

Despite deep divisions in the Labour Party, it's the Tory voters who let Remain down.
No one biting? Well, here's what it should have said:
Despite deep divisions in the Labour Party, it's David Cameron and the Tory government that let Remain down.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

soz. am I going of piste again? :shock: having issues with "reality" just now
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

Just an aside

Why did Johnson really quit the race? He still is very popular with members and Gove has hardly been sweeping up all the nominations and is 3rd favourite behind Leadsom (according to Smithson)

Something dodgy has gone on is my guess, unless he has been looking for an excuse
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

JonnyT1234 wrote:
JonnyT1234 wrote:

No one biting? Well, here's what it should have said:
Despite deep divisions in the Labour Party, it's David Cameron and the Tory government that let Remain down.

I'm not - I agree with it
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

frightful_oik wrote:Nobody wants to be the one to press the button with A50 written on it. Cameron certainly didn't, Boris doesn't. He wants to come riding to the rescue later after a Damascene conversion when more of the country has seen their folly. It's my guess that in five years' time you'll struggle to find anyone who voted brexit.

Speaking of the A50 - did Leicester ever get its bypass? I seem to remember David Cameron waffling on about it. No Conservative Government = no by-pass, or something.
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

howsillyofme1 wrote:Just an aside

Why did Johnson really quit the race? He still is very popular with members and Gove has hardly been sweeping up all the nominations and is 3rd favourite behind Leadsom (according to Smithson)

Something dodgy has gone on is my guess, unless he has been looking for an excuse
Possibilities:

1. Murdoch and/or Dacre showed him the dossier they've got on him.
2. He isn't stupid and realised that he'd have to eat all by himself the gigantic shit sandwich that he has created and plunked down on the dining room table.
3. He is stupid and was completely outmanoeuvred by Michael 'I don't know if I've ever mentioned this but I was once a Times journalist' Gove pulling off the most transparently obvious 'surprise' reveal in history.

Edit: grammar
Last edited by JonnyT1234 on Thu 30 Jun, 2016 10:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/mic ... 10691.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Someone will very shortly dig out the archive of Michael doing his 'piece to camera' in front of a troupe of gay men in leather shorts dancing round Soho, delivering the line 'Out, Loud and Proud…' as punchily as he could in his soft Aberdonian accent
Must have been asleep for about a week now. Looking forward to waking up back in own (not parallel) universe.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

JonnyT1234 wrote:
JonnyT1234 wrote:I have been mostly feeling blue today. ... even more nauseatingly, will receive the most oleaginous, puke-inducing coverage that an incompetent half-wit suffering from the largest Dunning-Krüger complex in history has ever received. Bah.
This one?
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

tom bradby ✔ @tombradby
I wonder if Boris will, one way or another, end up on Top Gear...
10:22 PM - 30 Jun 2016
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Goodnight!
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

refitman wrote:
JonnyT1234 wrote:
This one?
That's the one and feeling better already. Ta.

Theresa May should just plaster that on billboards across the country from now until September.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

1. The polls this morning showed May ahead.
2. Boris didn't have as much support in the Commons that he thought he had. Chances of being in the top 2 widened considerably once Gove said he'd run.
3. Boris didn't want to run and then lose really badly.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:Goodnight!
Goodnight, PorFavor
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

Read on UK Polling Report that a number of CLP have declared support for Corbyn.....anyone know any more on this?
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

RogerOThornhill wrote:

1. The polls this morning showed May ahead.
2. Boris didn't have as much support in the Commons that he thought he had. Chances of being in the top 2 widened considerably once Gove said he'd run.
3. Boris didn't want to run and then lose really badly.
4. He's going bald.
5. His superpower is waning.
JonnyT1234
Home Secretary

Post by JonnyT1234 »

howsillyofme1 wrote:Read on UK Polling Report that a number of CLP have declared support for Corbyn.....anyone know any more on this?
Fraid not.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... on-UN.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sarah Palin has congratulated the UK on voting to leave the European Union and has urged the United States to emulate the spirit of their transatlantic ally and leave the United Nations.
Phew! I was starting to worry that UK politicians were leading the world in crazy, but it's ok, they're still marginally more sane than the Americans.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb