Wednesday 29th June 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
TR'sGhost
Minister of State

Re: Wednesday 29th June 2016

Post by TR'sGhost »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
TR'sGhost wrote: I recall someone (the sort if someone who ought to know and had no horse in the race) saying that the outgoing Treasury minister leaving the note in question or something similar for their successor to find, then one day leave in turn or their successor was, up till then, a kind of long-running parliamentary tradition and far from the only one of its kind.

Cameron cynically used what he knew was basically a Westminster in-joke.
It was actually left by Byrne for Philip Hammond who was the Shadow Chief Secretary but Byrne wasn't to know that in the Coalition divide of the spoils Laws was given the job...and the rest is history.
I'd forgotten it was Laws.

Another skunk who we kept getting assured was so vital for everything and so clever his minor faux pas of claiming £40,000 in expenses for non-existent rent because, he claimed, he feared the consequences of coming out so much could be genteelly hand waved away.
I'm getting tired of calming down....
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Fuck them.

If the Geordies and the Welsh are so fucking stupid to bite the hand that feeds them then let them suffer.

Because they will. No UK goverment will give them the money they've become accustomed to.

Fucking morons.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Objection your honour,the Geordies voted for Remain.