Tuesday 27th January 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 27th January 2015

Post by Willow904 »

citizenJA wrote:
The Treasury said its own work presented the most rigorous record of the impact of the government’s policies on households.

“Unlike the Treasury’s analysis, the research by LSE Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion does not take into account the effects of changes to the vital public services on which so many rely.

“That means that it can’t consider the full range of ways the government provides support to the poorest and most vulnerable families across the country: those on lower incomes have been helped by a range of government policies across this parliament in all areas of government spending, from protections to NHS and schools spending to the decision to increase the tax-free personal allowance.”
The final section of the article giving government's response to the unequivocal awfulness of who's been burdened with making do with not a lot.

helped by a range of current government policies? protections to NHS??? schools spending?

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015 ... ges-report
Apparently the government has generously supported the poor by not taking away the NHS and state school system they have been using for decades. Indeed, by cutting benefits the Coalition has ensured that only those on higher wages get any help from the increase in the tax-free personal allowance....oh, hang on, that doesn't work. Nope. Sorry. I'm rubbish at being a Tory. I just can't make their policies add up to anything other than poor bashing and child impoverishment.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
WelshIan
Committee Member

Post by WelshIan »

citizenJA wrote:
The Treasury said its own work presented the most rigorous record of the impact of the government’s policies on households.

“Unlike the Treasury’s analysis, the research by LSE Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion does not take into account the effects of changes to the vital public services on which so many rely.

“That means that it can’t consider the full range of ways the government provides support to the poorest and most vulnerable families across the country: those on lower incomes have been helped by a range of government policies across this parliament in all areas of government spending, from protections to NHS and schools spending to the decision to increase the tax-free personal allowance.”
The final section of the article giving government's response to the unequivocal awfulness of who's been burdened with making do with not a lot.

helped by a range of current government policies? protections to NHS??? schools spending?

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015 ... ges-report

The LSE et al report is available here (a 9 page summary and the full report):
http://sticerd.lse.ac.uk/case/_new/rese ... mation.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-01-27 at 12.53.55.png
Screen Shot 2015-01-27 at 12.53.55.png (632.17 KiB) Viewed 7749 times
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
ephemerid wrote:Wollaston is on the Daily Politics saying that the benefits cap is necessary because people are trapped on benefits.

Any sense she used to have - and to be fair, she has been quite good on some things - has now flown out of the window. She's now trotting out the usual Tory mantra of people being parked on benefits and work being the only way to lift people out of poverty.

Work only pays if it pays well - going to work doesn't stop people claiming benefits, millions still have to claim even working full time.

I am heartily sick of this.
Sarah W was almost robotically on message after the Syriza win in Greece, saying this shows the terrible "peril" of voting Labour and we must stick with wonderful Dave's "long term economic plan" - have CCO replaced her with their own drone? :toss: :D
I used to have a lot of time for Sarah Wollaston, she actually used to speak some sense (for a Tory); but of late she has definitely closed ranks, part of a deal to get her the chair of the Select Committee maybe?
Especially since he is on record as saying he likes EM!
Funny way of showing it. He was always digging at Ed when I was still posting, in a way he never does with Cameron (as per my Twitter convo with him yesterday); as far as I am concerned he has always had a bias, just lets it out for air a lot more these days.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Maybe Dave is advising George that if he snorts his own urine he'll get a second hit :twisted:
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Interesting from Exaro

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5461/ ... rial-fails" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bid-to-bar-reporting-ken-clarke-s-name-in-sex-accuser-s-trial-fails
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
RobertSnozers wrote:
letsskiptotheleft wrote:The latest Lib Dem poster is here, seriously there are no words left to describe their piousness, sanctimonious hand-wringing and hypocrisy.

http://www.libdemvoice.org/100-days-unt ... 44375.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In another ''article'' a poster btl reckons they should keep hammering out the comparison between and Greece and Labour and Cons and austerity. :smack:

Kick the ***** out. Double donation today, Coppard and Labours election fund, I ain't Oakshott but every bit helps. :smack:
This is right on the button for anyone still blind enough to support the LibDems. Getting a right kicking BTL as they might have expected. I don't know whether I feel more anger or pity these days when I see a Yellow Tory desperately wheedling about their impact on government and how this or that group would be worse off without their regressive tax cut - and never mind increases in VAT, cuts in benefits, and most of all Osborne's four years of stagnation. Actually, it's still anger.
Their election poster has given me a good laugh. Surprised they haven't put in a wrecked car on the left with Miliband at the wheel. And on the right the thinnest slice of bread humanly possible to cut with a mob of peasants trying to snatch it - with Cameron about to kick it away with his foot. Except they'd have to put Clegg on that side too ...

Editing to add: When Eddie Sammon approves of the poster ... I know my judgement is spot on and it's truly awful.
So the Libdems are saying that they can stop Tory cuts AND Labour borrowing. That's neither a plan for growth or a plan for deficit reduction. It's a stalemate of nothingness. Although I don't believe it can ever work, cutting spending to reduce the deficit is a plan of sorts and although the Tories cavill, borrowing to invest to promote growth is also a legitimate path as the proceeds of growth will reduce the deficit. The Libdem way leaves us on our current trajectory and although I don't believe in austerity, I do believe spending ever larger amounts of taxpayer money on interest repayments just to cover day to day spending is unsustainable. We must cut spending, borrow or raise taxes. Given the Libdems obsession with reducing income tax contributions over the last 5 years, to me, this poster says the Libdems are going to go into Coalition with the Tories and will put up VAT. Or they're lying. Of course they're lying. I really don't know why I just wasted my time thinking and typing about it at all :smack:
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

Mark Drakeford announces an extra 11 billion for Welsh frontline services, including another batch of ambulances.

http://wales.gov.uk/newsroom/healthands ... e/?lang=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would love Drakeford to debate with Hunt, of course it will never happen, he would marmalise Hunt, a Professor taking on a guy who hides behind trees and tells his assistants ''we feel you should go''. Or words to that effect?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Isabel Hardman @IsabelHardman · 4h 4 hours ago
Cameron’s effusive words about TV debates in 2010 can be filed in his ‘expedience’ drawer along with green policies http://specc.ie/1Eof6Fi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good write up of Cameron's utterly disingenuous interview with Justin Webb this morning ... complete with audioboo so you can hear for yourself how unconvincing and snakelike he was.
Working on the wild side.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Willow904 wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
RobertSnozers wrote: This is right on the button for anyone still blind enough to support the LibDems. Getting a right kicking BTL as they might have expected. I don't know whether I feel more anger or pity these days when I see a Yellow Tory desperately wheedling about their impact on government and how this or that group would be worse off without their regressive tax cut - and never mind increases in VAT, cuts in benefits, and most of all Osborne's four years of stagnation. Actually, it's still anger.
Their election poster has given me a good laugh. Surprised they haven't put in a wrecked car on the left with Miliband at the wheel. And on the right the thinnest slice of bread humanly possible to cut with a mob of peasants trying to snatch it - with Cameron about to kick it away with his foot. Except they'd have to put Clegg on that side too ...

Editing to add: When Eddie Sammon approves of the poster ... I know my judgement is spot on and it's truly awful.
So the Libdems are saying that they can stop Tory cuts AND Labour borrowing. That's neither a plan for growth or a plan for deficit reduction. It's a stalemate of nothingness. Although I don't believe it can ever work, cutting spending to reduce the deficit is a plan of sorts and although the Tories cavill, borrowing to invest to promote growth is also a legitimate path as the proceeds of growth will reduce the deficit. The Libdem way leaves us on our current trajectory and although I don't believe in austerity, I do believe spending ever larger amounts of taxpayer money on interest repayments just to cover day to day spending is unsustainable. We must cut spending, borrow or raise taxes. Given the Libdems obsession with reducing income tax contributions over the last 5 years, to me, this poster says the Libdems are going to go into Coalition with the Tories and will put up VAT. Or they're lying. Of course they're lying. I really don't know why I just wasted my time thinking and typing about it at all :smack:
Just snapped this image from Sky News & look at those IFS figures for the LDs !

Hypocrites is probably the most polite response I can muster to those who declare the LDs would prevent Labour 'reckless borrowing' as their latest poster declares.

:toss: :toss: :toss: :toss: :toss: :toss: :toss:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Getting very angry with the way Radio 4 is interviewing the Shadow Care minister on Labour's NHS & Care integration proposals. He won't let her finish a sentence. He seems determined to insist that she favours privatisation of services - quoting something she said about American healthcare back at her - and she exposes his lie by saying it was about Health Apps which is totally different from front line services and nobody would be saying that IT services couldn't be provided by a private company. They - BBC - are shameless in their pursuit of creating a false division and narrative .... ridiculous line to take when there are so many more interesting ideas that have been flagged up by Labour today.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Please someone tweet that photo of Osborne to Natalie Rowe. Her take on it will be priceless.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

And this is what Alan Milburn told the World at One
Milburn said that Labour’s stance on health suggested it was unwilling to embrace public sector reform.
There is a risk that Labour’s position on the National Health Service becomes almost an emblem for Labour showing an unwillingness to lean into a difficult reform agenda. Look, reforms are not easy, but the Labour party is not a conservative party. It should be about moving things forward, not preserving them in aspic ...

I think the biggest risk for Labour on health, and indeed more generally, is that we could look like we’re sticking to our comfort zone but aren’t prepared to strike out into territory that, in the end, the public know any party of government will have to strike out into. Which is to make some difficult changes and difficult choices.
I’ve taken the quote from PoliticsHome.

Miliburn may have been speaking to the World at One (it was a pre-record) at the time that Andy Burnham was delivering his speech, which would be ironic because
the Burnham speech is chock-full of reform ideas. It’s more than 6,000 words long, and I’ve just finished reading it.
I’ll post a summary soon.
I'm astonished the Groan didn't send a reporter along to Burnham's speech !
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:
Perhaps it was a dare or a bet with Dave saying that he can produce more after PMQs as a result of his full bladder wheeze (please pardon the awful and unintentional pun).
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

pk1 wrote:
Milburn said that Labour’s stance on health suggested it was unwilling to embrace public sector reform.
There is a risk that Labour’s position on the National Health Service becomes almost an emblem for Labour showing an unwillingness to lean into a difficult reform agenda. Look, reforms are not easy, but the Labour party is not a conservative party. It should be about moving things forward, not preserving them in aspic ...

I think the biggest risk for Labour on health, and indeed more generally, is that we could look like we’re sticking to our comfort zone but aren’t prepared to strike out into territory that, in the end, the public know any party of government will have to strike out into. Which is to make some difficult changes and difficult choices.

Miliburn may have been speaking to the World at One (it was a pre-record) at the time that Andy Burnham was delivering his speech, which would be ironic because
the Burnham speech is chock-full of reform ideas. It’s more than 6,000 words long, and I’ve just finished reading it.
I'm not.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Delays and disarray shatter lives of new disability claimants
Disabled and ill people unable to get to hospital and forced out of their homes as personal independence payments (PIP) come under scrutiny by MPs

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015 ... CMP=twt_gu
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Bizarre that so many are unaware of the policies of the party gaining so many new members.
But new YouGov research reveals a very low degree of awareness of the Green party’s policies – lower even than of UKIP’s.

In seven out of nine of the policy areas polled, at least 74% of British people ‘don’t know anything’ about what the Green party want to do. The worst areas are crime and pensions, where 81% and 83% respectively have no awareness of their policies. The environment is the only subject where more than 30% have at least a vague idea of the Green’s stance (30% know the sort of approach they’d take, 24% know exactly what they’d do).
https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/01/23/li ... en-policy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
Green.png
Green.png (62.04 KiB) Viewed 7645 times
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Sunifesto.jpg
Sunifesto.jpg (49.1 KiB) Viewed 7644 times
Tom Newton Dunn retweeted
Nick Sutton @suttonnick · 15h 15 hours ago
Here's a flavour of the Sun's #GE2015 manifesto or "Sunifesto"
#tomorrowspaperstoday #bbcpapers
I wonder which party they are supporting. :roll:
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

pk1 wrote:

We were in the car on our way home when I heard that fucking Alan Miliburn. He made it sound as if Labour were stuck in the past. And the cow of a presenter was talking about the NHS not appearing to be that important to many voters. I started swearing and Mr Ohso was so disgusted at what he was hearing he turned it off.

OK so we know better, but what about those who still rely on the BBC for its news.

I am flaming mad!!!!!
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

A teeny weeny. Figures :lol:
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Oh god, just found out Kit Malthouse is contesting the safe seat of Hampshire North West for the Tories. Can't London keep him?!
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Class ‏@Classthinktank 3h3 hours ago
We will share Andy Burnham's full speech later: tweets are missing the detail #labnhsplan
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

RobertSnozers wrote:Thanks Paul
Thanks for the thanks but it wasn't the speech :lol:
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

The link I clicked to what I thought was the speech was actually to this Report from last year, which apparently the speech draws very significantly on and so is probably worth repost

http://www.yourbritain.org.uk/uploads/e ... System.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

RobertSnozers wrote:Can anyone point me in the direction of the actual document for the Labour 10 year plan? They're not making it easy to find

Edit: and/or the text of Burnham's speech please
http://press.labour.org.uk/post/1085319 ... nment-to-a
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

AS has said:
Andy Burnham’s speech is immense; it runs to more than 6,000 words, and it contains a considerable amount of detail.
then gives numerous quotes but far too many for a singular post.

Hopefully he will post up a link to the speech.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Thorough going over of the seats and those who hope to gain them.

http://changeopinion.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

citizenJA wrote:
RobertSnozers wrote:Can anyone point me in the direction of the actual document for the Labour 10 year plan? They're not making it easy to find

That link is to Ed's speech from last week, not Burnham's from today.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Sunifesto.jpg
Have they gone Kipper????
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

http://labourlist.org/2015/01/the-futur ... n-the-nhs/

“The future of our NHS is at stake in this general election” – read the full text of Miliband’s speech on the NHS
JANUARY 27, 2015 10:21 AM
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Ben Bradshaw ‏@BenPBradshaw 4m4 minutes ago
Thanks all @TheGreenParty activists who re-tweeted my 5 tips on tackling the Green Party. In case you missed them: http://www.benbradshaw.co.uk/5_tips_for ... reen_party" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … …
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

ohsocynical wrote:
pk1 wrote:

Miliburn may have been speaking to the World at One (it was a pre-record) at the time that Andy Burnham was delivering his speech, which would be ironic because I’ll post a summary soon.

We were in the car on our way home when I heard that fucking Alan Miliburn. He made it sound as if Labour were stuck in the past. And the cow of a presenter was talking about the NHS not appearing to be that important to many voters. I started swearing and Mr Ohso was so disgusted at what he was hearing he turned it off.

OK so we know better, but what about those who still rely on the BBC for its news.

I am flaming mad!!!!!
Milburn was clearly wheeled in to overshadow Ed and btl on the Guardian today has been infested with rabid anti-NHS types. I've never seen so many. It's like Rustinpeace has been busy spawning an army of clones in his absence from CIF. I think the Tories might be getting worried. Beyond Cameron's favourite "the NHS needs a strong economy" the economy in general hasn't been getting much of a look in. Meanwhile all the parties except the Tories are competing on how much money they can throw at the NHS. The Tory offer of static real terms funding against a backdrop of an aging population is looking pretty measly right now.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Groan, Sparrow is now onto the twitter responses so with apologies for the length of this post, here's what he says are the main policy proposals from the Burnham speech:
Andy Burnham’s speech is immense; it runs to more than 6,000 words, and it contains a considerable amount of detail.
Burnham said he wanted the ambulance service to start playing a much wider role, becoming an integrated provider for emergency care. Under Labour, the ambulance service would not necessarily take you to hospital; it might just treat you at home.

He said he would rewrite the NHS constitution so that people with ongoing needs have the right to a single point of contact for the coordination of all care, as well as a personal care plan.

He said the revised NHS constitution would give people the right to counselling and therapy, as well as medication. It would also include the right to support for family carers.

He confirmed that Labour would give people the right to a GP appointment within 48 hours.
He said he would increase penalties for individuals who abuse people in care and institutions where this happens.

He said Labour would create a means for care assistants and healthcare assistants to get nursing or clinical jobs through apprenticeships and technical degrees.

He said he would exempt the NHS from TTIP (the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership) and make the NHS the “preferred provider” for health services.

He said the NHS would have more long-term contracts with providers, and that not-for-profit providers would get longer contracts than for-profit providers.

He said private providers offering health services would be subject to the Freedom of Information Act.

He said he would consult on imposing a training levy on private health providers, so that they contribute to the cost of training clinical staff.

He said he would ask NICE (the National Institute for Clinical Excellence) to set out what people can expect under whole person care. This could include “a universal re-ablement scheme to help the most vulnerable people return home from hospital”.

He said NICE would be expected to take a wider definition of public cost when deciding whether to approve treatments.

He said health and well-being boards would be encourage to invest more in health prevention.

He confirmed that he was opposed to a structural reorganisation.

He said Monitor would be expected to assess the overall quality of hospital provision in an area, not just the quality of individual hospitals.

He said that it was not just the fact that people are living longer this is putting pressure on the NHS.

He said that, without repeal of the Health Act, the next parliament could see the NHS “sunk by a toxic mix of cuts, crisis and privatisation.
As I said, there were numerous direct quotes but far too many to reproduce over here.

Oh and look -
My colleague Nicholas Watt has filed a story on the Alan Milburn comments.
:roll:
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

refitman wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Sunifesto.jpg
Have they gone Kipper????
Perhaps the Sun will support UKIP because they'll give them plenty of scandals to write about.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Reminded of McBride's quip ''for every Nye Bevan you will get dozens of Milburn's and Lansley's''. He belongs in the past, like a few others he doesn't realise it, yet.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Willow904 wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
pk1 wrote: I'm astonished the Groan didn't send a reporter along to Burnham's speech !

I am flaming mad!!!!!
Milburn was clearly wheeled in to overshadow Ed and btl on the Guardian today has been infested with rabid anti-NHS types. I've never seen so many. It's like Rustinpeace has been busy spawning an army of clones in his absence from CIF. I think the Tories might be getting worried. Beyond Cameron's favourite "the NHS needs a strong economy" the economy in general hasn't been getting much of a look in. Meanwhile all the parties except the Tories are competing on how much money they can throw at the NHS. The Tory offer of static real terms funding against a backdrop of an aging population is looking pretty measly right now.
It's far too timid for what I'd like to say but I Tweeted. Dear Ed, when you are elected would you tape up Alan Milburns mouth and shut him in a dark cupboard.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Man who criticises Labour mansion tax plans has a dodgy tax scheme of his own, what a surprise.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... -free-loan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's another who I wish would fuck off.

Though of course, when it comes to a certain section in society it's all perfectly legit.
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

Good afternoon. You may or may not know that, since late 2013, most of my online activity has centred on cricket rather than politics.

This hasn't exactly been a positive move. But today, it allows me to share with you this quite special tweet:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's a man on £700k per year, who plays for a team now sponsored by Waitrose, exclusively on a channel that costs about £46 per month.

(Any media coverage you see will be slanted to ensure that readers are aware he was having a very clumsy pop at Kevin Pietersen. However, the lack of awareness that leads to someone tweeting that, with those hashtags, is truly staggering)
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

http://www.yourbritain.org.uk/uploads/e ... S_Plan.pdf

Labour’s 10-year plan for health and care
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Wedding anniversary today...53 years. :shock:
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Good to see you again NoC, don't leave it so long next time !

:)
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

NonOxCol wrote:Good afternoon. You may or may not know that, since late 2013, most of my online activity has centred on cricket rather than politics.

This hasn't exactly been a positive move. But today, it allows me to share with you this quite special tweet:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's a man on £700k per year, who plays for a team now sponsored by Waitrose, exclusively on a channel that costs about £46 per month.

(Any media coverage you see will be slanted to ensure that readers are aware he was having a very clumsy pop at Kevin Pietersen. However, the lack of awareness that leads to someone tweeting that, with those hashtags, is truly staggering)
Wow, just wow.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

ohsocynical wrote:Wedding anniversary today...53 years. :shock:

Longer than a life sentence OhSo !

Congratulations.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

And here's our daily dose of UKIP.

Ukip probes Welsh candidate over postings on British National Party and English Defence League websites

http://rockagainstukip.org/93" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

Congratulations!
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Excellent explanation re the fracking votes and related matters from Shelia Gilmore via the link she gives here:
Sheila Gilmore ‏@SheilaGilmoreMP 21m21 minutes ago
A number of people have contacted me about fracking. I have posted my response on my website: http://www.sheilagilmore.co.uk/fracking ... ture-bill/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

yahyah wrote:

Congratulations.
One thing's for sure. When you're getting married you never picture how it'll be this far down the road. Strange thing is we've changed very little. And our anniversary lunch was fish and chips :lol:
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

pk1 wrote:
citizenJA wrote:

That link is to Ed's speech from last week, not Burnham's from today.
Apologies - I hadn't realised.

The only transcript from Burnham's speech at Kings Fund was through Politics Home I was able to track down was from Politics Home subscription only.

http://www.politicshome.com/uk/article/ ... _care.html

I've posted the Labour Ten-Year Plan report up the thread. Labour Press don't have Burnham's speech on their sight though the Labour blog has a note. I'm sure Burnham's speech will be available on Labour Press soon if not available elsewhere.

http://www.labour.org.uk/blog/entry/100 ... we-know-it
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ohsocynical wrote:
yahyah wrote:

Congratulations.
One thing's for sure. When you're getting married you never picture how it'll be this far down the road. Strange thing is we've changed very little. And our anniversary lunch was fish and chips :lol:
Congratulations!
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Excellent explanation re the fracking votes and related matters from Shelia Gilmore via the link she gives here:
Sheila Gilmore ‏@SheilaGilmoreMP 21m21 minutes ago
A number of people have contacted me about fracking. I have posted my response on my website: http://www.sheilagilmore.co.uk/fracking ... ture-bill/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Very fine. Excellent.