Monday 21st September 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Re: Monday 21st September 2015

Post by Lonewolfie »

StephenDolan wrote:
Lonewolfie wrote:
NonOxCol wrote:This one speaks for itself:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not because it might be libellous, but because it's - hey - just another sex scandal. And yet none of the other stuff is newsworthy either. But a story about someone else that was retracted 28 years ago *was* newsworthy just last week.

BBC news values.
It's not just any 'sex scandal' though - this is Fraud Cashcroft, fixer of polls, funder of the Tory hegemony and scourge of Belize - dunno, but it seems to me that it's open season on Prime Ministers (Harper/Canada - Abbott/Australia and now our very own vapid pucefaced pisstrumpet is in trouble (hopefully))
Harper, Abbott and Cameron. What a trio that is.

Ashcroft at the Tory conference should be interesting.
I believe(TM) that the Tory Conference will be interesting for a number of reasons...not just Cashcroft...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/je ... ns-6460272

...and the Murkydochian Mist of Protection may not last much longer - in amongst the front page lies last week, the Scum actually mentioned the missing CSA files (of course (tin-foil hat on) it could just be part of the 'undermining' process)

ttfn
Proud to be 1 of the 76% - Solidarity...because PODEMOS
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Rachel Rogers ‏@DorsetRachel 20m20 minutes ago
Eye-opening @BBCWomansHour discussion on changes to pensions legislation featuring the excellent @josephinecumbo. Essential listening.
Indeed it was.
Working on the wild side.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:... Whatever line the Official Pig-Sticker In Chief eventually adopts, there is nothing stopping Labour running their own campaign supporting a yes vote on *their* terms.

None of the "clarification" since JC became leader has excluded that possibility.
I agree, Anatoly, Ham Face may have jeopardised our standing in Europe but we mustn't allow any unintended consequence. Europe is very important to us all, besides hasn't he already done enough?
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Paul Mason
This Is What Jeremy Corbyn’s New Labour Coalition Looks Like
http://www.thenation.com/article/this-i ... ooks-like/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The defeat in May 2015 catalyzed the Corbyn movement because it was strategic. First, because Labour can only ever gain power by mobilizing the ex-industrial areas of Britain: Scotland, Wales, northern England and the cities. Once it lost Scotland, it lost the ability to govern without a Lib Dem and SNP coalition, and English voters knew it. Second, because the people who mattered—the party membership and the union affiliates—realized something the leadership hadn’t: you can’t appeal to white social conservatives and networked youthful idealists at the same time unless you offer them something radical.
So Corbynism, while it lasts, will be a form of anti-politics. Though it has brought traditional social democrats close to despair there is a method in it.

The only thing that could reunite the lost tribes of Labour – the white workers, the salariat, the Scots and the Greens—is the radical rejection of everything that the party, and the political system, has become. The question is, can he achieve that while maintaining the loyalty of Labour’s centrist voters, quelling the Blairite revolt and avoiding presentational catastrophe?
Last edited by gilsey on Mon 21 Sep, 2015 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
RobertSnozers wrote: At the very least, Labour should avoid campaigning FOR remaining in if that's what it takes. Otherwise they'll just be in exactly the same position as in the Indyref. Which is probably what the Tories are counting on
Not quite sure about this, what screwed Labour there was surely campaigning jointly WITH THE TORIES?

No intrinsic reason why a seperate pro-union campaign *on their terms* wouldn't have worked (indeed there was some of this in the final days before the referendum, but the narrative was already firmly set by then - and the scenes of Jim sodding Murphy and others celebrating with Tories just put the lid on it)

Even the most ardent Europhiles within Labour don't seem to be asking for shared platforms this time (though I wonder if this was Chuka's "transitional demand" to Jez?)

Good morning all

I agree with you Anatoly - I am pro-Europe but very much pro-Europe for all Europeans not just business

Running a separate campaign would be a good idea but I do not trust some of the Europhiles within the party who are actually more in agreement with the Tories on it (ie focus on the free trade etc) and not so keen on the workers' rights parts

If Corbyn has decided to put aside his concerns on Europe and go for an 'In' then the right of the party also have to agree not to be seen as campaigning for a Tory Europe based on Pigfucker's ideas.

Personally, I would have held my powder dry for the moment - I do not see why there was the pressure on Corbyn to declare for 'In' so early. There are few votes in being pro-Europe - the people who pushed him to do so have not shown themselves no to be very politically clever in my view. I see no benefit in making a decision before we have seen the inept attempts of Cameron to get some renogiation, especially if he wants to focus on worker protection
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Rob Merrick ‏@Rob_Merrick 13m13 minutes ago
EU countries with well-run state-owned railways may be surprised to learn they are on a costly "ideological joyride" (P McLoughlin)
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

The whole Europe debate is a tough one especially as there seems little consensus within individual parties other than perhaps Ukip and LibDems. Nevertheless I feel the whole argument has been forced upon us by a shouty few and Cameron's weakness to stand up to them. Perhaps neutrality as a party line but allow those who support our remaining within to put their arguments as they see fit. No doubt they shall not mirror those of our acting PM, should he remain so of course.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

I shouldn't have started to read BTL on Sparrow's blog.

I've now got a perverted 'Dreamer' by Supertramp repeating in my head ... only the refrain is 'Squealer, you must have been a squealer ....'

I must get out into the garden and clear my brain.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

utopiandreams wrote:The whole Europe debate is a tough one especially as there seems little consensus within individual parties other than perhaps Ukip and LibDems. Nevertheless I feel the whole argument has been forced upon us by a shouty few and Cameron's weakness to stand up to them. Perhaps neutrality as a party line but allow those who support our remaining within to put their arguments as they see fit. No doubt they shall not mirror those of our acting PM, should he remain so of course.
Yup. Don't play the Cameron / Osborne game. The Labour party should stand back from this. Let MPs decide for themselves what they want to support when we actually know what the deal for remaining is. We have no idea at present.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

Is it wrong to speculate what may have transpired between a young David and two Russians who approached him during his gap year had they had photographic evidence?

Stuff to do but I am finding it somewhat difficult to remain focussed. Why ever could that be?

Postscript: should anybody have picture files that need creation and edit dates attending to, please mark them Highly Confidential and address to...
Last edited by utopiandreams on Mon 21 Sep, 2015 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Sam Coates Times ‏@SamCoatesTimes 1m1 minute ago
GMB raise concerns over Chinese involvement in Hinckley C - warn over safety and importing Chinese labour to build
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Anyway, has DFH rushed off his "why Dave's intimacy with a dead pig is bad news for Ed Miliband/Jeremy Corbyn (delete as applicable)" piece yet?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

Ahem:

rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Lisa Nandy ‏@lisanandy 2m2 minutes ago
Hinkley Point C is on course to become the most expensive power station ever built. [1/4 ]

Lisa Nandy ‏@lisanandy 2m2 minutes ago
This project could leave Britain's bill payers paying over the odds for decades because Ministers have negotiated such a bad deal. [2/4 ]

Lisa Nandy ‏@lisanandy 1m1 minute ago
There is a role for new nuclear power stations to provide us with low-carbon power supplies but not at any any cost. [3/4 ]

Lisa Nandy ‏@lisanandy 3s4 seconds ago
V troubling that govt has agreed these extra nuclear subsidies at the same time it's cut support for more affordable clean energy tech [4/4]
norman smith ‏@BBCNormanS 5m5 minutes ago
So..another shadow cabinet rift. @jeremycorbyn says opposes new nuclear. His Energy spokeswoman @lisanandy does not.
Jim Pickard ‏@PickardJE 4m4 minutes ago
Corbyn anti new nuclear power stations. But new shadow energy secretary Nandy says: "There is a role for new nuclear...but not at any cost."
I see no evidence of a rift. I see someone responding very sensibly to the news of a shockingly bad deal for the UK.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

NonOxCol wrote:Ahem:

:lol:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tragic case highlights requirement for full scale review of the Government’s Work Capability Assessment regime - Owen Smith

Owen Smith MP, Labour’s Shadow Work and Pensions Secretary, commenting on the coroner’s verdict that found a man with severe mental illness killed himself as a direct result of being found ‘fit to work’ by the Government’s Work Capability Assessment, said:

“This tragic case highlights the requirement for a full scale review of the Government’s Work Capability Assessment regime. It is clear that the current rotten system is failing and requires a complete overhaul.

“I am writing to Ian Duncan Smith calling on him to consider what lessons can be learned from this case and whether he will now agree to our calls for a radical overhaul of the system.

“Labour believes that those who can work, should work. Work itself is a source of strength, self-respect and better health for the majority of us. But we need a compassionate and effective system that supports people into work, not one that causes such misery for so many ill and disabled people in our country.”
http://press.labour.org.uk/post/1295602 ... full-scale" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Christopher Hope ‏@christopherhope 2m2 minutes ago
PM's spokesman on Ashcroft book: "I am NOT going to dignify this book with any comment. The author has set out his reason for writing it."

Patrick Wintour ‏@patrickwintour 3m3 minutes ago
PM spokeswoman says she will not dignify Lord Ashcroft's allegations by offering any comment on his book.

Tom Newton Dunn ‏@tnewtondunn 3m3 minutes ago
Ultra snotty response from No10 in lobby briefing to @LordAshcroft book. PMOS: "I'm not intending to dignify this book by commenting on it".
Reckon Isobel Oakeshott won't be getting any invitations to country suppers after this.

'Dignify' is hardly a quality I associate with Cameron's No 10. 'Plasticise' maybe.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Wasn't Cameron supposed to be a great lover of The Smiths?

I would imagine that if you were into The Smiths in the mid 80s at their height, then Supertramp were definitely not what else you were listening to. They might have been seen as a decent group in the mid 70s - my brother had Crime of the Century - but a decade later? Not hip at all.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

NonOxCol wrote:

"Story PM could do without today, trickiest bit maybe row over Lord Ashcroft's tax arrangements"

Five words establishing empathy straight off the bat, while drugs, hating poor people - and of course the pig - not all that tricky.
Paul Jeater ‏@EssexWomble 2h2 hours ago
@k_w_a_k -as a vegetarian I seriously asked someone a few weeks back what 'pulled pork' was when I saw it on pub menu.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

Morning all,
I suppose Cameron will now be supporting Man Utd, seeing as they recently bought Bastian Schweinsteiger
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

PMS also announced Cameron will be meeting the Danish PM this evening for a bilateral.
Bet there's been some rush checking on what's on the menu for that one.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Patrick Wintour ‏@patrickwintour 1m1 minute ago
PMS not willing to discuss whether Cameron would sue Lord Ashcroft or the issue of when he knew of Ashcroft non dom status.
And that should be the most seriously damaging point in that story because, if true, it means Cameron has lied.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Jon Trickett ‏@jon_trickett 37s38 seconds ago
Putting aside #snoutrage the PM should immediately clarify when he became aware of Ashcroft nondom status
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Evening StandardVerified account
‏@standardnews
Number 10 'does not recognise' David Cameron 'debauchery' claims in new book by Lord Ashcroft http://bit.ly/1FoZnYx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jane Merrick has retweeted this with the comment 'well naturally'.

Elsewhere I think the people who are saying that the worst aspect of this story is actually the bit that says the whole Bullingdon ethos was about 'despising' poor people is spot on. That probably should be the thing we shout about.

If Corbyn has got some nous I hope he asks a question that relates to poverty at next PMQs - something that gets at the disparity between those on the Tory front bench and the people they claim to be representing ...
Good-afternoon, everyone.

I've not read the entire thread yet.
Rebeccariots2's post echos my own thoughts.

We've a reprobate, Tory PM we can't get rid of until 2020.
Is that correct?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

pig.jpg
pig.jpg (32.1 KiB) Viewed 5915 times
They say if you laugh for 75 seconds a day it stops you having a heart attack.

At this rate #piggate I'm going to live forever...
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Jon Trickett ‏@jon_trickett 37s38 seconds ago
Putting aside #snoutrage the PM should immediately clarify when he became aware of Ashcroft nondom status
I found it interesting, given that it was Hague who recommended Ashcroft for his peerage, that Ashcroft left the House of Lords within a day or so of Hague announcing that he was leaving politics.

I thought at the time that the timing was not a coincidence.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Christopher Hope ‏@christopherhope 2m2 minutes ago
PM's spokesman on Ashcroft book: "I am NOT going to dignify this book with any comment. The author has set out his reason for writing it."

PM spokeswoman says she will not dignify Lord Ashcroft's allegations by offering any comment on his book.

Tom Newton Dunn ‏@tnewtondunn 3m3 minutes ago
Ultra snotty response from No10 in lobby briefing to @LordAshcroft book. PMOS: "I'm not intending to dignify this book by commenting on it".
Reckon Isobel Oakeshott won't be getting any invitations to country suppers after this.

'Dignify' is hardly a quality I associate with Cameron's No 10. 'Plasticise' maybe.
Is every Tory in the nation, Ashcroft included, giving the entire world the middle finger?
What else is going on in the world we should know about?
Is this tawdry foulness diverting attention away from it?
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

utopiandreams wrote:I've just popped telly on and notice that Victoria Derbyshire is about to discuss the Lord Ashcroft allegations about Dave next. Enjoy.
Did anyone listen to this? I'd be interested to hear your opinion.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Tragic case highlights requirement for full scale review of the Government’s Work Capability Assessment regime - Owen Smith

Owen Smith MP, Labour’s Shadow Work and Pensions Secretary, commenting on the coroner’s verdict that found a man with severe mental illness killed himself as a direct result of being found ‘fit to work’ by the Government’s Work Capability Assessment, said:

“This tragic case highlights the requirement for a full scale review of the Government’s Work Capability Assessment regime. It is clear that the current rotten system is failing and requires a complete overhaul.

“I am writing to Ian Duncan Smith calling on him to consider what lessons can be learned from this case and whether he will now agree to our calls for a radical overhaul of the system.

“Labour believes that those who can work, should work. Work itself is a source of strength, self-respect and better health for the majority of us. But we need a compassionate and effective system that supports people into work, not one that causes such misery for so many ill and disabled people in our country.”
http://press.labour.org.uk/post/1295602 ... full-scale" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes, and an hour ago the following:
Hinkley Point response - Lisa Nandy

Lisa Nandy MP, Labour’s Shadow Energy Secretary, responding to the government’s announcement on Hinkley Point power station, said:

“Hinkley Point C is on course to become the most expensive power station ever built. The ever increasing costs of this project could leave Britain’s bill payers paying over the odds for decades because Ministers have negotiated such a bad deal.

“There is a role for new nuclear power stations to provide us with low-carbon power supplies but not at any cost. It is especially troubling that the Government is agreeing these extra nuclear subsidies at the very time it is cutting support for more affordable clean energy technologies.”
http://press.labour.org.uk/post/1295602 ... lisa-nandy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Iain Dale ‏@IainDale 7m7 minutes ago
Just doubled the print run for 'Call Me Dave'. Largest initial print run in @BitebackPub's history. @LordAshcroft @IsabelOakeshott
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

David Cameron ‏@DavidChameron 4 hrs4 hours ago

No, I didn't call her Babe

No, I didn't need oinkment

No, she wouldn't leave me aloin

No, I've never made a rasher decision

piggy.jpg
piggy.jpg (37.31 KiB) Viewed 5899 times
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Joe Murphy ‏@JoeMurphyLondon 9m9 minutes ago
The BBC has done a "vegetarian " version of the #piggate story - one which manages not to mention the pig at all.
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

StephenDolan wrote:
utopiandreams wrote:I've just popped telly on and notice that Victoria Derbyshire is about to discuss the Lord Ashcroft allegations about Dave next. Enjoy.
According to Twitter, this was turned into an item about Miliband. #BBCBIAS
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

RobertSnozers wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Rob Merrick ‏@Rob_Merrick 13m13 minutes ago
EU countries with well-run state-owned railways may be surprised to learn they are on a costly "ideological joyride" (P McLoughlin)
Pretty sure Justine Greening used exactly the same term in an interview over the weekend. Straight out of the Tory spin factory.
The most awful thing, for me personally, was knowing on the eighth of May, 2015, we lost to the most worthless set of Tory ne’er-do-wells in history.
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

Maybe I'm getting a bit touchy over the anti-Corbyn stuff in the media, but I was a bit disconcerted something this idiotic in The Indy today (my bold):

In 1972, Hunter S. Thompson set about covering the presidential campaign, paying special attention to the Democratic Party’s George McGoven as he failed to get into office.

Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72 was serially published by Rolling Stone throughout the year. In one of the articles Thompson makes a poignant comparison to a campaign that happened in Texas in which Lyndon Johnson attempted to create a rumour to denounce his competitor.

It reads: “This is one of the oldest and most effective tricks in politics. Every hack in the business has used it in times of trouble, and it has even been elevated to the level of political mythology in a story about one of Lyndon Johnson’s early campaigns in Texas.

“The race was close and Johnson was getting worried. Finally he told his campaign manager to start a massive rumour campaign about his opponent’s life-long habit of enjoying carnal knowledge of his barnyard sows.

“Christ, we can’t get away with calling him a pig-f****r,” the campaign manager protested. “Nobody’s going to believe a thing like that.”

“I know,” Johnson replied. “But let’s make the sonofab****h deny it.”

With the recent accusations put against David Cameron, could any supporter of Corbyn have created this rumour to take negative media attention off him?
What - like those well known Corbynistas Lord Ashcroft & Paul Dacre? :toss:
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

BBC sinks further into the sewer:

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&ver ... e&src=typd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd pay the licence fee for 6Music alone, but the BBC's news and politics coverage are a national disgrace.
eye2eye
Backbencher

Post by eye2eye »

danesclose wrote:Maybe I'm getting a bit touchy over the anti-Corbyn stuff in the media, but I was a bit disconcerted something this idiotic in The Indy today (my bold):

In 1972, Hunter S. Thompson set about covering the presidential campaign, paying special attention to the Democratic Party’s George McGoven as he failed to get into office.

Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72 was serially published by Rolling Stone throughout the year. In one of the articles Thompson makes a poignant comparison to a campaign that happened in Texas in which Lyndon Johnson attempted to create a rumour to denounce his competitor.

It reads: “This is one of the oldest and most effective tricks in politics. Every hack in the business has used it in times of trouble, and it has even been elevated to the level of political mythology in a story about one of Lyndon Johnson’s early campaigns in Texas.

“The race was close and Johnson was getting worried. Finally he told his campaign manager to start a massive rumour campaign about his opponent’s life-long habit of enjoying carnal knowledge of his barnyard sows.

“Christ, we can’t get away with calling him a pig-f****r,” the campaign manager protested. “Nobody’s going to believe a thing like that.”

With the recent accusations put against David Cameron, could any supporter of Corbyn have created this rumour to take negative media attention off him?

I think the writer is referring to the unnamed MP who accused Cameron of this in the first place. From the Daily Mail:
A distinguished Oxford contemporary claims Cameron once took part in an outrageous initiation ceremony at a Piers Gaveston event, involving a dead pig. His extraordinary suggestion is that the future PM inserted a private part of his anatomy into the animal’s mouth.

The source — himself an MP — first made the allegation out of the blue at a business dinner in June 2014. Lowering his voice, he claimed to have seen photographic evidence of this disgusting ritual.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

StephenDolan wrote:
Norman Smith gave his analysis, Steve, which went something along the lines of payback from Ashcroft for being snubbed by Cameron and not being given his high status position after the election, especially after all the support and millions he has provided over the years. He did however provide the caveat that they may indeed have much more to say on the matter if there were physical evidence to back up the claims, not that they were not true.

Regarding photographic evidence it is believed that Ashcroft says he has seen the picture but that it is not in his possession, neither has it been established who does should it exist. No doubt there are behind the scenes activities in establishing who it may be as perhaps are the other sources described in Ashcroft's book.

Whatever the reality or what may transpire or whether such revelations are recognised by Number Ten, neither Ashcroft nor Dacre seem particularly bothered about the possibility of any ensuing litigation or indeed any power plays that David may have at his disposal.

Other than that I couldn't possibly comment. Scotch that last point, it seems I may already have.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
The BBC has done a "vegetarian " version of the #piggate story - one which manages not to mention the pig at all.
To be fair, I'm not sure how they could report it, at least not before the watershed.
They've been covering the row over when Cameron knew of Ashcrofts non-dom status and Cameron seemingly using Nick Clegg as a cowardly excuse not to give Ashcroft a job, however.
I wonder if who's telling the truth and who's getting revenge on who is as important as the fact that Tories are fighting each other and all over the front pages of Tory papers. Are the cracks starting to show through all that paper Cameron's been busy pasting over them the last few years?
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

@ohsocynical

Stop it, ohso, I really do have stuff to do!
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

In case anyone was worried, DFH has spoken about #piggate:
2015-09-21_123928.jpg
2015-09-21_123928.jpg (27.7 KiB) Viewed 5847 times
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Willow904 wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
To be fair, I'm not sure how they could report it, at least not before the watershed.
They've been covering the row over when Cameron knew of Ashcrofts non-dom status and Cameron seemingly using Nick Clegg as a cowardly excuse not to give Ashcroft a job, however.
I wonder if who's telling the truth and who's getting revenge on who is as important as the fact that Tories are fighting each other and all over the front pages of Tory papers. Are the cracks starting to show through all that paper Cameron's been busy pasting over them the last few years?
It's about time.
Incompetent freaks of nature.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

danesclose wrote:Maybe I'm getting a bit touchy over the anti-Corbyn stuff in the media, but I was a bit disconcerted something this idiotic in The Indy today (my bold):

I'm confused, is that last line from the Independent? How organised do they think Corbyn fans are? Anticipating Corbyn will be leader and putting about a rumour that gets in an Ashcroft book that they somehow knew he was going to publish about this time? Now, if the Indy was suggesting this was a rumour cooked up by some Tories wanting to elbow Dave out the way having used his bland, bloated bonhomie to win the election, they may have a point.....
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Diane Abbott MP ‏@hackneyabbatt 14 hrs14 hours ago

I can confirm I know nothing about @jeremycorbyn putting his member in the mouth of a pig. #piggate
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

danesclose wrote:In case anyone was worried, DFH has spoken about #piggate:
2015-09-21_123928.jpg
Dan, you've "gone there" the whole of your absurd 'career'.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

@StephenDolan

Further to Norman Smith's analysis, Victoria Derbyshire rounded of with a comment about hashtags on the internet and, whether deliberate or not, also about gags.

Postscript: oh yes as others have reminded me she referred to the #porkgate hashtag... or was that #piggate? Hard to believe I know, but I'm feeling somewhat alarmed or is that confused?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

George Osborne, the chancellor, on Monday dodged a question about whether Ashcroft’s claims had damaged the prime minister.
“Well, I haven’t seen that book,” Osborne said, grinning, during a press conference at the Communist party’s Diayutai state guesthouse in Beijing, China.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... ery-claims" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Osborne grinning in China. Obscene.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Labour must rewrite Clause 4, and put inequality centre stage
Liam Byrne

Jeremy Corbyn succeeded because we Labour moderates failed to offer the party a soul. But there’s much in his message that the whole party can agree with – starting with inequality

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... -moderates" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Excellent news.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

https://twitter.com/hashtag/Snoutrage?s ... lang=en-gb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »