Monday 2nd November 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 2nd November 2015

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Dear Lawd Toby ... so it still exists! I thought it was a 1930s thing.
Working on the wild side.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

That was the era of kiddies Heroin cough syrup http://www.businessinsider.com/yes-baye ... 11-11?IR=T" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bayer-heroin-bottle.jpg
bayer-heroin-bottle.jpg (24.4 KiB) Viewed 7062 times
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

And kiddies Cocaine toothache drops
Heroin4.jpg
Heroin4.jpg (50.05 KiB) Viewed 7061 times
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

TobyLatimer wrote:That was the era of kiddies Heroin cough syrup http://www.businessinsider.com/yes-baye ... 11-11?IR=T" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bayer-heroin-bottle.jpg
Just startled Mr Riots with my burst of laughter - he came in to see what was going on ....
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

ephemerid wrote:Kate Godfrey is really pissing me off.

Having failed to unseat Jeremy Lefoy in 2015 - and losing 2,000 votes in the process - now she's after Oldham where there is a well-known and respected candidate already. He is likely to win the nomination, so Kate is now blaming stalking and bullying and trolling and all manner of vile behaviour for her failure to galvanise the CLP into supporting her.

This, obviously, is all Corbyn's fault.

Along with her books - fiction and non-fiction, apparently - she has written an execrable piece for the Torygraph on Seamus Milne, who she accuses of being a "fascism-apologist" and whose appointment as Corbyn's advisor is, she says, "morally and ethically wrong".

Danzcuk in a frock.
Tbf the right wing press will need some other "Labour" patsy to serve as their useful idiot once Danczuk finally f***s off (as I think is increasingly likely well before 2020)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

One for PF.
Moose Allain ‏@MooseAllain 4h4 hours ago
Ping-pong: the smell of elastic.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Andrew Gwynne MP ‏@GwynneMP 3m3 minutes ago Ashton-under-Lyne, England
Asked to help run the Oldham West & Royton by-election by @jeremycorbyn. Hope I do Michael Meacher's memory proud. " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

TobyLatimer wrote:Interesting ;

“Psychotherapist” is not a protected title and anyone can call themselves one.

http://unsafespaces.com/2013/01/14/the- ... hotherapy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.clinpsy.org.uk/wiki/article/ ... ren-t-they" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I may be able to shed a little light on this. There are many people out there delivering arts based psychotherapy projects to a whole range of people to help develop skills, gain confidence, deal with bullying issues, making good decisions when under peer pressure and much more. This is particularly true for drama, and this work takes place in many settings, but is also true for other arts disciplines, again in a variety of settings. These are not unvalidated practices, and in the case of drama and psychotherapy I know that the training is intensive, long term, professional and is in most cases paid for by the trainee. It is recognised within local authorities as being cost effective and of value. The range of client groups can be from severely learning disabled to exceptionally bright, and very limited mobility to very talented, from the very young to those dealing with the edges of society in very vulnerable positions. I've had the privilege of working alongside some brilliant people who deliver such programmes documenting their work for later evaluation and consultation purposes. As an arts worker in new media I was often paired to an arts worker in drama, music, dance or a variety of services such as SureStart, day centres, disability services, health action zones and so on. The work done by those people using psychotherapy techniques was very far from being psychobabble, it would take a book to describe the range of what they actually did and the outcomes.

If anyone is interested at all in this PM me for a book from a pair of well respected people in this field I'd recommend. I'm only not posting it here because this post could in no way be considered an endorsement or the opposite of the topic in discussion. Artsworkers are nominally well paid, but fund their own transport as well as put in their own time to develop projects, which can be considerable, as well as getting all the relevant checks needed, and funding any training needed to develop as practitioners. I would fully expect as KC was working in schools that a portion of their work would be delivered by something similar to what I describe.

I have no way whatsoever to evaluate the case for or against KC or one of its people, it's already been subject to so much trial by media that it's impossible to tell, but I did read that entire transcript with an open mind, and taking into consideration that it is reported that CB has severe dyslexia. So I also considered the possibility that she, as do nearly all dyslexics, may well have memory recall and auditory processing issues too. I've come to no conclusions but was struck by the fact that when she seemed unable to clearly answer, several times AY said something on the lines of it being difficult for her, and went on to give a concise and clear answer.

A couple of other factors to take into consideration. 1. That the cases that fall outside of the scrutiny of Social Services or never get taken up by them are huge, they know they only see the tip of an iceberg that covers the whole country. It is the elephant in the room here, no one is seeing. Every time it is referred to it becomes clear that it. Is not going to be discussed. It should be because most people understand it is there that Social Services have been overstretched for years, and when they come under pressure for any failing they become hypervigilant, and then more mistakes happen. They therefore have a bad reputation, that is not really deserved because by the same token their good work goes unremarked. Young people in particular will not go to them because they feel it will bring their families even more trouble. 2. The sums of money mentionedmay seem extreme, but probably aren't, even 15/20 years ago looked after and other children overseen by social services were getting very generous clothing allowances, and footgear in particular figured large sums, at a time when an ordinary family was earning or claiming much less than now it was not uncommon for shoes costing £80-120 to be authorised, because in some places what you wore on your feet could determine whether you got beaten or not. These high costs often reflected that their peers often have only one set of very expensive clothes. One set is rarely deemed as adequate by most people so a high allowance reflects this.

Sorry for the long post, trial by media irritates the heck out of me, and in this case reducing the issues to money and accountability to government just takes all the human stuff out. There's more, I'd have spared you this except it's all tied to the political bandwagon.
55DegreesNorth
Minister of State

Post by 55DegreesNorth »

Afternoon folks,
Blue sky and blinding sunshine up here. And some positive news to go with it, from Vera Baird.
Dear Friend,

I am delighted to have the opportunity to write to you today as the Regional Winner for the 2015 Living Wage Leadership Award.

cid:image001.jpg@01D11323.373C3210

During my election campaign in November 2012, I gave a commitment that the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner and Northumbria Police would become Living Wage employers. Although the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner and Northumbria Police’s pay structures already meet the Living Wage criteria, there were staff employed by an external contractor who were not receiving the Living Wage, and I didn’t believe it was right to call the OPCC and the force Living Wage employers if those staff were not being paid the Living Wage.

The main beneficiaries of paying the Living Wage are a number of cleaning staff who have been transferred from their previous employer to Northumbria Police. It was better for them and for the force to bring the cleaning service “in-house”. The cleaners were not being paid the Living Wage by their employer, but they now receive the extra payment. By bringing the cleaning service “in house” we saved money on management costs and invested some of the savings in to paying the living wage and the rest went back in to policing. Contracts for non-police related services provided by external contractors, such as waste disposal, are awarded by the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC). Now it is a requirement through the competitive tendering process for contractors to pay the Living Wage to those staff working on contracts awarded by the PCC.

Figures from Unison show 20% of the working population earn less than a living wage – nationwide this amounts to 4.8 million people.

The Living Wage means that workers can live with dignity and not just exist. Through paying a living wage employers can lift their employees out of the stress of working families living in poverty and debt which will improve family life.

I have worked closely with our friends in the trade unions to deliver this success and our efforts have been recognised by Beth Farhat, Regional Secretary, Northern TUC who offered her congratulations - “Congratulations to Vera and well deserved too, one of Vera’s first commitments as Police and Crime Commissioner was make sure that the lowest paid in her workforce received the living wage, making a real difference to the quality and wellbeing of peoples lives. Thank you very much for championing the Living Wage.”

Together we continue to make a difference to policing and the communities we serve. Thank you for your continued support, it means a lot.

Best wishes

Vera
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

TobyLatimer wrote:That was the era of kiddies Heroin cough syrup http://www.businessinsider.com/yes-baye ... 11-11?IR=T" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bayer-heroin-bottle.jpg
That picture looked familiar!

"The FDA recently approved OxyContin for pediatric patients. Many believe the decision will harm more children than it helps."
http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archi ... ren/413326" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

yahyah wrote:MPs don't have to take account or respond to communications from people other than their constituents.

So how does a Labour member register their feelings about the MPs who are doing their best to ruin Labour's chances next May ?
Send them an e-mail or letter.
They'll receive it.
Protocol may mean they won't respond or address it but they'll receive the information in it.
Some MPs do respond regardless of constituency.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

yahyah wrote:Well, the good news is there is now a bus once a week, on a Tuesday, to go to our local small town.

The bad news is it adds more than ten miles onto the seven miles usual travel distance, take 45 minutes and would cost £8.40 for two adult returns.
Charging people extra to sit on a route that takes you miles out of your way doesn't seem a good way to encourage people to leave their cars at home, or fair to people on low incomes who may not be able to afford a car.
I'm dismayed we have such poor and expensive public transportation.
Environment, safety, stress - so much would be improved with comprehensive, frequent, affordable, safe, reliable and clean public transportation.
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

OK, because I'm still seething, not because of the rights and wrongs of the case, but because of the ignored bits. (And on a lesser point to say I was not making a direct correlation between pairs of shoes, but expenses paid out and why. Supporting families is costly. )

There was a whole part of that transcript devoted to one person on whom 70,000 had been spent. When it was being questioned an explanation was initiated but really it was then quashed, and that was for a severe case, we can read that, but the context of the questioning is not unbiased, because KC stands accused of wrongdoing. But if we really read what is said this is jot money paid to one person, it is the cost of managing an extreme case. We are not told the details, but are told that a place cannot be found to treat this person within existing public services, which we know are vastly under resourced and overstretched. The implication is that this is someone with very severe mental health issues, the word violent is, IIRC, used. So either a danger to themselves or others. So I refer you to the way things are costed these days, within the NHS, or Social Care, in ways we sometimes feel are shocking. So how much do we think it would cost to make provision for an unstable person with mental health issues in a secure residential unit? I'd argue that £70k might not go that far, and would be totally dependent upon how long things took to resolve. But as RSs post today shows we are constantly being primed to respond in certain ways, one of the most powerful is to do with money, and being human we equate it to what any given sum means to us. Yesterday a mention of a 19p loaf was enough to make Ohso feel guilty, and excessively large sums can equally make us feel angry at the 'waste'. But here KC clearly seems to have wanted to save this very unwell individual that they could not deal with themselves. The maths to me did not seem unreasonable, I know if I got the care package I need it would cost thousands, not anywhere near as much as this case, but then my needs are chronic and would accrue over a long time, but this was a case of acute need, if what was said is true. And judging from what a friends parent, in a care home with dementia, now costs, then this sum is relatively small.

The lack of mental health care, both as an intervention and in terms of prevention is appalling, safe space provision for young people nearly everywhere has been disappearing, and the expectation that council services will cover any of this to the degree needed is unrealistic. That is the real story. That's what I'm banging on about. The KC major donors think so too, because they are going to try again, but sadly they will be very cautious and those who will suffer will be the toughest cases. Mistakes if not, it won't just be CBs fault, because everything that could possibly be stirred up, except the right issues, has been.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

The fog only lifted lightly here, and is coming down again.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

ohsocynical wrote:The fog only lifted lightly here, and is coming down again.
Same here, seems much thicker now too. There's children still on their way home too.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

ohsocynical wrote:The fog only lifted lightly here, and is coming down again.
That reads like the first line of a poem or a song.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Sex offenders including paedophiles should be allowed to adopt, Theresa May told
Rules which bar sex offenders from working with children are ‘unfair’ and even convicted paedophiles should have the right to adopt, a leading legal academic has said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... -told.html
Jesus Christ !!!!
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Éoin ‏@LabourEoin 23 hrs23 hours ago

13 Labour MPs have criticsed Jeremy Corbyn a total of 67 times in the last 4 weeks without once critising the Tory Party. Opposite required.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Chris Mullin in the New Statesman
I think there are one or two people who are riding for a fall ... Collaborating with the nastier elements of the Murdoch press to do down the party is quite a high crime in my book, and if I was in Simon Danczuk’s CLP, I would certainly be sharpening my sword. He might well go away to Ukip or somewhere in the end, but good riddance to him, I say

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/st ... iding-fall" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Talking of Murdoch, I don't know what to make of this. I can't even quote Mrs Merton as she is quite wealthy in her own right.

Jagger had a few wrinkles, but this guy is in a league of his own.
1446430300772.jpg
1446430300772.jpg (66.18 KiB) Viewed 6897 times
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

TobyLatimer wrote:Chris Mullin in the New Statesman
I think there are one or two people who are riding for a fall ... Collaborating with the nastier elements of the Murdoch press to do down the party is quite a high crime in my book, and if I was in Simon Danczuk’s CLP, I would certainly be sharpening my sword. He might well go away to Ukip or somewhere in the end, but good riddance to him, I say

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/st ... iding-fall" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's an interesting interview overall. He's saying that Corbyn / Labour needs to develop an electoral pact with the Lib Dems and Greens - I agree. But that won't necessarily cut it in Wales - be interesting to see how the Assembly elections pan out to get a sense of the Plaid, Ukip comparative strengths.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Was someone looking for good news? If true.
The Financial Times (subscription) says Michael Gove, the justice secretary, is preparing a retreat over court fees.
Ministers are preparing the ground for a retreat over controversial court fees introduced earlier this year which can force offenders to pay up to £1,200 if they plead not guilty but are then convicted.

The new fees were introduced in the closing days of the last parliament by Chris Grayling, the former justice secretary — and have been described as “outrageous” by Andrew Caplen, president of the Law Society.

Michael Gove, the new justice secretary, has begun a review of the so-called “tax on justice” amid complaints that the new charge has prompted some defendants to plead guilty to crimes they did not commit to avoid the fee.

A guilty plea in a magistrates’ court costs a flat £150 if entered at the start of proceedings and £900 in a Crown court. But if defendants enter a not guilty plea and then lose their case, they are obliged to pay a £1,000 court charge for more serious offences in a magistrates court and £1,200 in a Crown court.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

TobyLatimer wrote:Talking of Murdoch, I don't know what to make of this. I can't even quote Mrs Merton as she is quite wealthy in her own right.

1446430300772.jpg
I am pretty sure that image contravenes some essential FTN convention Toby.

I might just pay you back by posting the one of Danczuk that he - himself no less - tweeted earlier today. I refrained from doing so earlier on the grounds of having a smidgin of taste and concern for the mental wellbeing of other poster.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

David Cameron's Staff Accused Of 'Photoshopping' Poppy On To Picture Of PM Week Before Remembrance Day

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/11 ... mg00000067
How weird. You can't see the photoshopped photo now....
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Here you go Ohso. They won't get away with removing the photo ... the lobbyists are all over it and have been for a while.
Dave Photoshopped To Wear Poppy.jpg
Dave Photoshopped To Wear Poppy.jpg (44.28 KiB) Viewed 6880 times
Last edited by rebeccariots2 on Mon 02 Nov, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

TobyLatimer wrote:Talking of Murdoch, I don't know what to make of this. I can't even quote Mrs Merton as she is quite wealthy in her own right.

1446430300772.jpg
Oh yuck....
I watched her in Who Do You Think You Are, a while back. She'd get on my nerves so bad I'd be forced to pop her one if we met face to face.

Edited because I got my quote in the wrong place.
Last edited by ohsocynical on Mon 02 Nov, 2015 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Here you go Ohso. They won't get away with removing the old photo ... the lobbyists are all over it and have been for a while.
Dave Photoshopped To Wear Poppy.jpg
Well, well, well ... Thanks....
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Paul Waugh ‏@paulwaugh 3m3 minutes ago
Re *that* poppy Photoshop, No10 source tells me: "This was a technical oversight. The photo has now been taken down."
:lol:

Bloody liars. Who do they think they are fooling with that?

Must remember that for future use - 'technical oversight'.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

She dumped Jagger for Bryan Ferry

[youtube]FhYaFplWam0[/youtube]
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Louise Gallagher ‏@Cluelesslou 4 hrs4 hours ago

@JohnEdwards33

Tristram has had an uneven start to his new term as a backbench MP.
Self-awareness - E minus
Unconscionable arrogance - A*
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

TobyLatimer wrote:She dumped Jagger for Bryan Ferry

[youtube]FhYaFplWam0[/youtube]
I've always thought she is ugly. Certainly don't admire her taste in men...Think she's hooked into the fame thing...
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

ScreenShot00917.jpg
ScreenShot00917.jpg (44.4 KiB) Viewed 6854 times
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

TobyLatimer wrote:
ScreenShot00917.jpg

Oh I dunno.........
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Have we done this (from yesterday)?
Rail fares: introduction of more affordable season tickets in doubt

The government announced plans to meet the needs of part-time workers in 2012 and the Conservatives made an election pledge to introduce measures including smart ticketing. According to the Department for Transport (DfT), however, train companies have made slow progress in doing so. The changes could save some commuters thousands of pounds a year. (Guardian - my emphasis)
http://www.theguardian.com/money/2015/n ... s-in-doubt
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Patriotism.jpg
Patriotism.jpg (16.75 KiB) Viewed 6847 times
Paul Waugh Retweeted General Boles
I think No10 may have a vacancy for you, General...:)
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

TobyLatimer wrote:Chris Mullin in the New Statesman

I followed the page down and there's another interesting piece below it.
The government's not trying to balance the books, but to shrink the state
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/ec ... rink-state" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The conclusion's not news but it's a different way of getting there.
It seems bizarre that you might look to balance the books solely through the mechanic of cutting £20bn of expenditure whilst turning a blind eye to the value for money delivered by your choices to forego income. Especially when there is a tidal wave of evidence that our understanding of that value for money is poor and the sums – in excess of £110bn for fifty tax expenditures alone – are so enormous.

Why would you choose to balance the books with one eye shut?
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

CS03UcpWoAE_vC-.jpg
CS03UcpWoAE_vC-.jpg (36.69 KiB) Viewed 6837 times
Very true.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Re *that* poppy Photoshop, No10 source tells me: "This was a technical oversight. The photo has now been taken down."

Roughly translates as "someone spotted it"
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

We are to believe that a poppy just appeared, as if by magic, on Cameron's lapel and it was an oversight that it slipped through to being used ?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Andrew Gwynne MP ‏@GwynneMP 5m5 minutes ago
CONTRACT CHAOS: Arriva withdraws from Patient Transport Service http://andrewgwynne.co.uk/2015/11/02/co ... rt-service" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
“This news is hardly a revelation. Fifteen thousand people signed a petition against letting Arriva undercut the North West Ambulance Service, and all the evidence showed they weren’t capable of delivering the high-quality service we deserve. That they have failed to live up to the standards we expect is not surprising to anybody who warned about their failings.

“This whole process has wasted public money and caused misery for vulnerable patients.

“Serious questions now need to be asked – not just about Arriva, but about the commissioners too. The whole sorry affair only goes to show what happens when you try to sell off our NHS services on the cheap.”
Commissioners mentioned are Blackpool CCG.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Danczuk seems to spend a lot of time on Twitter pushing Mail articles, not just the crap stuff he writes for them.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

CrimeLine Complete® ‏@CrimeLineLaw 1h1 hour ago Standish, England
Breaking: around 40 firms have issued legal challenges to crime tender. 1/3

2/2 MOJ response deadline tomorrow. Further 50 firms expected to issue proceedings in next couple of days

3/3 effect of this will be that tender process injuncted in approx 70 areas.
It's going really well for those Tory plans at the mo.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

yahyah wrote:Danczuk seems to spend a lot of time on Twitter pushing Mail articles, not just the crap stuff he writes for them.
His behaviour seems almost kamikaze to me. Don't understand why someone in his position would do this ...
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:

Roughly translates as "someone spotted it"
By tomorrow it'll be "Corbyn snubs soldiers by failing to photoshop himself with poppy" I expect.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

yahyah wrote:We are to believe that a poppy just appeared, as if by magic, on Cameron's lapel and it was an oversight that it slipped through to being used ?

I heard you saying that in a sort of Tommy Cooperesque way.

And added - 'just like that'.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
yahyah wrote:Danczuk seems to spend a lot of time on Twitter pushing Mail articles, not just the crap stuff he writes for them.
His behaviour seems almost kamikaze to me. Don't understand why someone in his position would do this ...
He seems like a child pushing the boundaries to see how stupid he can act before it having consequences. If he gets disciplined he'll be wailing 'It's not fair'.
Maybe he sees an ongoing income stream from his purge obsession and victimhood.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Monday, 2 November 2015
WOMEN WILL GET LESS THAN MEN FROM THE NEW STATE PENSION
Fewer than one in four women who qualify for the new state pension in 2016/17 will get the full amount. Right up to 2054 fewer women than men will qualify for it.

http://paullewismoney.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... m-new.html
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ohsocynical wrote:
Monday, 2 November 2015
WOMEN WILL GET LESS THAN MEN FROM THE NEW STATE PENSION
Fewer than one in four women who qualify for the new state pension in 2016/17 will get the full amount. Right up to 2054 fewer women than men will qualify for it.

http://paullewismoney.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... m-new.html
It's another thing that a lot of people / women are only going to wake up to once it hits them in their own household income. That the discriminatory effect continues so long term - and is so marked - is downright disgraceful. It's something younger women should be made very aware of now. Pension issues always seem so far off and almost irrelevant when you are young ... but they need to wise up while they have the time to do something about it.

Maybe when the major employers are forced to publish their pay differentials by gender - it might jolt a few more people into action.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Money, money, money....If he was writing in praise of Labour the media wouldn't want to know. Dan Hodges does the same.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Mr Lewis informed me that in the year I am eligible for State Pension,75% will get "full" or more and 25 % less.