Saturday 2 & Sunday 3 January 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 2 & Sunday 3 January 2016

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Philip Webster ‏@Pwebstertimes 10m10 minutes ago
Walking thru Norwich station car park @edballs meets fans Keep it up mr chairman they shout after city's second win in row
Sorry Robert.

Editing to add:
Ed Balls ‏@edballs 4m4 minutes ago
Ed Balls Retweeted Philip Webster
I think this is the polite version of what they shouted ! But another great win for Norwich OTBC #ncfc
Working on the wild side.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
HindleA wrote:Last Arsenal game I saw was the rearranged Liverpool game at Anfield in '89 when they had to win 2-0 to win the League,which they did with a Michael Thomas late goal,we both went ,I bought the tickets at a fiver each for the Kop.
A game still remembered fondly by all Man Utd fans :)

"ITS UP FOR GRABS NOW!!" 8-)
I still have nightmares of that night.

David Cameron’s threat to leave EU is security risk, says Keir Starmer

http://gu.com/p/4ff7m" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's right Pigman, it's on you.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

Apologies if this has been discussed already, but what are people's thoughts on the potential shadow reshuffle chatter? Good thing, bad, anyone that you'd like to see added?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

StephenDolan wrote:Apologies if this has been discussed already, but what are people's thoughts on the potential shadow reshuffle chatter? Good thing, bad, anyone that you'd like to see added?
Still sceptical one is coming soon, tbh. I think this is possibly just people around Jez trying to get everyone used to the idea that one is happening at some point (summer, maybe?)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

This is how Switzerland handles security outside the EU.

https://www.eda.admin.ch/dea/en/home/bi ... ropol.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The agreement facilitates the exchange of strategic and operational information and cooperation for analysis. It also enables Switzerland and Europol to share expertise, participate in training activities, and to consult and provide mutual support in specific investigations. Switzerland operates a liaison office to Europol in The Hague staffed with two police attachés to coordinate and facilitate this cooperation.
Does sound like they're outside looking in. Doubtless Booker and all would present this as Switzerland having more power because they've got their own office and we haven't.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
StephenDolan wrote:Apologies if this has been discussed already, but what are people's thoughts on the potential shadow reshuffle chatter? Good thing, bad, anyone that you'd like to see added?
Still sceptical one is coming soon, tbh. I think this is possibly just people around Jez trying to get everyone used to the idea that one is happening at some point (summer, maybe?)
You don't reckon he'll want to work something out in advance of the Trident vote - whenever that may be?
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

Satire, surely?

"Several Labour backbenchers, writing in today’s Observer, suggest Corbyn should avoid a damaging and divisive reshuffle and concentrate instead on attacking the Tories "

Jeremy Corbyn poised to move Hilary Benn in high-stakes reshuffle

http://gu.com/p/4ff7f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

StephenDolan wrote:Satire, surely?

"Several Labour backbenchers, writing in today’s Observer, suggest Corbyn should avoid a damaging and divisive reshuffle and concentrate instead on attacking the Tories "

You'd like to think so wouldn't you but .... I've forgotten where it was I read someone saying how awful Christmas was for the shadow cabinet in such states of anxiety over the possible loss of their role they couldn't enjoy it. And all from ... well from what? From a rumour / story / article in the MSM?
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Let the purges begin! He's going to purge Benn into another Shadow position. :roll:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Sunder Katwala ‏@sundersays 9m9 minutes ago
Hero soldier forced to quit UK after his wife is barred from the country (Birmingham Mail) http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/mi ... ar_twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
... He married Wanda, 37, in December 2011 after meeting her on a trip to the US to visit family and friends.

But Andrew’s wife and daughter were denied entry to the UK because his new job as a driver pays less than the £18,600 gross annual minimum wage required to allow a foreign spouse to settle here.

The government said the minimum income rule was to prevent unqualified spouses coming to the UK and becoming dependent on the state.

But now Andrew will be forced to move permanently to America.

He has already been separated from his wife and two-year-old Gracie, for more than six months.

The life-long Aston Villa fan said: “I was on the frontline and regularly encountered deadly Taliban resistance....
To add insult to injury he supports Cameron's team ....
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Next and M&S first victims of retail’s toughest year
Next and Marks & Spencer will be the first retailers to report on a tough Christmas trading season

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/news ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

CXvuL-FWEAANlp_.jpg
CXvuL-FWEAANlp_.jpg (134.11 KiB) Viewed 5498 times

Ooooops
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

re ^^^

I blame the Corbynites...
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

refitman wrote:

Let the purges begin! He's going to purge Benn into another Shadow position. :roll:
Well, Geoffrey Howe and Robin Cook got other positions....

Stephen Kinnock says there's been "briefing from the top" of this reshuffle. If that's true, Corbyn can't really complain.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Corbyn has no experience of leading and has Seumas Milne doing his spin. Anything is possible.

I think Benn probably needs moving. Swap with Burnham? Benn was a Home Office minister when I was there.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Don't like the sound of McDonnell's "new economy" seminar thing. He's got plenty of sound economic advisers already. Most new ideas are either crap or political poison. The Green Party can spout a load of non-peer reviewed stuff, but we can't.

And I reckon the Tories will be delighted he's invited Varoufakis, failed Syriza Greek Finance minister. Obviously, he's not being invited for his political skills, but I don't see he gives anything the expert advisers don't already give him.
TR'sGhost
Minister of State

Post by TR'sGhost »

ohsocynical wrote:
CXvuL-FWEAANlp_.jpg

Ooooops
So between the Sun and the Mail that's both Simon's employers sticking the knife in.

Wonder what he did to upset them so much.

Though I suppose it could be Danczuk trying to raise his profile in the "man you love to hate" celebrity stakes. After all, being widely regarded as an amoral, ignorant loudmouth hasn't exactly harmed Katie Hopkins.
I'm getting tired of calming down....
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Great - just what primary schools nee...another test. And nnother way of converting more primaries to academies.

:roll:

And why 12 times table anyway - that was relevant back in the pre-decimal days but as has been pointed out on twitter...why not 13x or 14x ?
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

TR'sGhost wrote: Wonder what he did to upset them so much.

Though I suppose it could be Danczuk trying to raise his profile in the "man you love to hate" celebrity stakes. After all, being widely regarded as an amoral, ignorant loudmouth hasn't exactly harmed Katie Hopkins.
He announced last week that he was taking a break from writing his columns and therefore gave them the opportunity to use the stories they've had in the drawer.
Temulkar
Secretary of State

Post by Temulkar »

TR'sGhost wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
CXvuL-FWEAANlp_.jpg

Ooooops
So between the Sun and the Mail that's both Simon's employers sticking the knife in.

Wonder what he did to upset them so much.

She basically accuses him of marital rape in the article. I don't see any wayback from that. I guess the question is whether he takes the chilterns or lingers on around westminster to get the pay off in 2020. I suspect the latter.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
TR'sGhost wrote: Wonder what he did to upset them so much.

He announced last week that he was taking a break from writing his columns and therefore gave them the opportunity to use the stories they've had in the drawer.
I'm guessing he probably knew it was coming ... once the police had concluded their investigation ... and possibly if some accounts are accurate when the girl was 18 and therefore the newspapers wouldn't be breaking the law by releasing details and photographs of her.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Didn't they just rewrite the Maths curriculum? Did it not have this in it?
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Didn't they just rewrite the Maths curriculum? Did it not have this in it?
Yes it does.

But 'accountability' these days means 'more and more tests'. Far easier for someone to scan down data than actually going and seeing the schools...
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Simon Danczuk Retweeted
Tim Shipman ‏@ShippersUnbound 52m52 minutes ago
Rochdale council chief says he is standing by Danczuk. Says he's an exceptional MP. Will give evidence to support him

Simon Danczuk Retweeted
Tim Shipman ‏@ShippersUnbound 53m53 minutes ago
New support for Danczuk: father of Girl A who brought down Rochdale grooming ring is writing to Labour to support him
Tim Shipman ‏@ShippersUnbound 37m37 minutes ago
Simon Danczuk has told me his first wife is pursuing a "vendetta" against him and that he is consulting lawyers
mbc1955
Lord Chancellor
Location: Stockport, Great Manchester in body, the Lake District at heart

Post by mbc1955 »

Danczuk's downfall has a a pleasing sense of poetic justice to it: the man who made so much of himself by stabbing his party in the back continually for the right wing press gets stabbed in the back by the papers he thought were on his side. And at the same time, the public gets another object lesson in the treachery of their favourite papers thus, hopefully, diminishing their hold by a small, possibly subliminal degree. And dogs are reminded that bigger dogs will always turn and eat them.

Let's hope 2016 has a few more messages like this to come.
The truth ferret speaks!
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Didn't they just rewrite the Maths curriculum? Did it not have this in it?
Yes it does.

But 'accountability' these days means 'more and more tests'. Far easier for someone to scan down data than actually going and seeing the schools...
If the kids are getting to the required standard, does it matter that they might not all be able to recite tables?
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:
Yes it does.

If the kids are getting to the required standard, does it matter that they might not all be able to recite tables?
Probably not. This is apparently a computer-based test. Not quite sure what will happen when schools get decent KS2 results in Maths and a poor result in this.

Takes the pressure off teachers say ministers. Is that their answer to the teacher workload issue about which they did sod all for about 7 months before announcing three groups that will report sometime this year?

Usual headline-grabbing guff.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Jeremy Hunt GP plan unravelling as Shadow Health Secretary accuses him of "fiddling figures"
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/je ... ng-7109878" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Health Secretary had promised 5000 new GPs by 2020, but an official has revealed that figure will include "persuading people not to leave"...
Just how sly and underhand can he / they get .... should be shouted about from the rooftops.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Jon Snow ‏@jonsnowC4 5h5 hours ago Lambeth, London
Any Chance Saudi Arabia will be reported to UN Human Rights commission e today's execution? Whoops! They chair it thanks to the UK's vote.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Morning all.

I often wonder about the relationship between newspaper websites and their print editions and what it says about the importance of stories.

STele print edition. Main story - Pupils must all know times table by age 11

Website now. Where's it gone?
ienluf.jpg
ienluf.jpg (29.13 KiB) Viewed 5210 times
Conclusion. Headline grabber. Morgan seeks to deflect away from damaging row about teacher supply. Probably be quietly dropped when the logistics about getting it done are looked at.
Last edited by refitman on Sun 03 Jan, 2016 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Admin: image reduced
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Oh dear. what's this?

There's just over 5,000 academies. No way are they going to be able to convert the remainder before 2020 without force and there'd be a hell of a backlash if they tried to convert schools against their wishes.

Edit -Besides, 2,353 of those are independent...I very much doubt whether you could force them to give up their status Dave.

Edit 2 - this is yet another sign that they're struggling to find sponsors. If they're struggling with 5,000, how on earth are they going to magic up enough for the remaining 17,000+

#gettingridofLabourstargetculture
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

Simon Danczuk says drink problem led to explicit text messages

http://gu.com/p/4ff9m" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well that's all okay then.

"Younger women are my Achilles heel.” Understatement alert.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Oh dear. what's this?

There's just over 5,000 academies. No way are they going to be able to convert the remainder before 2020 without force and there'd be a hell of a backlash if they tried to convert schools against their wishes.

Edit -Besides, 2,353 of those are independent...I very much doubt whether you could force them to give up their status Dave.

Edit 2 - this is yet another sign that they're struggling to find sponsors. If they're struggling with 5,000, how on earth are they going to magic up enough for the remaining 17,000+

#gettingridofLabourstargetculture
Any chance of changing the definitions in any way?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Morning.
Christopher Hope ‏@christopherhope 41m41 minutes ago
Tony Blair is banned from staying at British embassies on commercial missions | via @Telegraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... sions.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …

Christopher Hope Retweeted
Edward Malnick ‏@edwardmalnick 2h2 hours ago
Ex-ministers also banned from using diplomats to help with commercial work http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... sions.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … @christopherhope
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Five predictions for what will happen in politics in 2016
Stephen Bush looks ahead to the coming political year.
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/st ... itics-2016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In short:
Labour will win City Hall
The SNP will continue their dominance of Scottish politics, but Labour won’t come third
Jeremy Corbyn will still be leader in a year’s time
George Osborne will continue to fall short of his fiscal targets, and no one will care
Britain will leave the European Union
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Five predictions for what will happen in politics in 2016
Stephen Bush looks ahead to the coming political year.
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/st ... itics-2016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In short:
Labour will win City Hall
The SNP will continue their dominance of Scottish politics, but Labour won’t come third
Jeremy Corbyn will still be leader in a year’s time
George Osborne will continue to fall short of his fiscal targets, and no one will care
Britain will leave the European Union
Strongly disagree on the last one, as things stand - it astonishes me that more don't seem to have absorbed the lessons of Scotland (which backs up more general rules on referenda, not least that there is almost always a swing towards the "status quo" before polling day)

"Leave" would, on most past precedent, have to be way ahead now to have any real chance. And the shortcomings of the pro-EU campaign have been widely remarked on, but less said about how the anti-camp has been racked by internal strife (there are still two seperate campaigns) and have totally failed to offer any sort of convincing plan about what we will do once we have left. I simply don't see how they can win without this.

The above assumes the referendum will be this year, too. Still not a done deal IMO.
Last edited by AnatolyKasparov on Sun 03 Jan, 2016 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://press.labour.org.uk/post/1365262 ... ucation-in" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Labour Press
Nothing is doing more damage to maths education in this country than the Government’s failure to recruit enough good maths teachers - Powell

Lucy Powell MP, Labour’s Shadow Education Secretary, commenting on the government announcement about times tables, said:

“Nothing is doing more damage to maths education in this country than the Government’s failure to recruit enough good maths teachers. Ministers have created chronic shortages of teachers up and down the country, particularly in key subjects such as English and maths. This is risking standards in our schools, and holding back both our young people and Britain’s future success.

"Times tables have long been a core part of excellent numeracy in our primary schools, and of testing. This announcement smacks of a government which has run out of ideas for educational improvement."
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Morning.
Christopher Hope ‏@christopherhope 41m41 minutes ago
Tony Blair is banned from staying at British embassies on commercial missions | via @Telegraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... sions.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …

Christopher Hope Retweeted
Edward Malnick ‏@edwardmalnick 2h2 hours ago
Ex-ministers also banned from using diplomats to help with commercial work http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... sions.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … @christopherhope
No mention of current ministers being banned from using embassies for their own private commercial interests!
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:
I never thought I would live to see the day when the Prime Minister was so reluctant, even afraid, to meet his people.
The above quote is taken from the Yorkshire Post (see rebeccariots2's post, above).

Although critical of the floodpointer, it does rather (to me, anyway) make him sound like an ill-advised monarch who could yet do something for "his people".
(my bold)

Good-afternoon everyone.
PorFavor description is correct.
Dave is reading from the narcissistic monarch leadership handbook.
"On Sunday David Cameron will announce a new £40m package of funding to rebuild
and improve flood defences in the aftermath of Storm Eva.

He will pledge to support charities helping those caught up in the deluges by
matching every pound of the first £2m raised.
The package will be extended
with grants to reimburse fire and rescue authorities that have incurred excessive
costs protecting flooded communities. £10m of the new funding package will be
spent on improving the Foss barrier protecting York, while £30m will be spent
repairing defences on the rivers Wharfe, Calder, Aire, Ouse and Derwent."
(my emphasis)

This isn't an appropriate response from government. Dave offering taxpayer funds matching charity
funds raised is an insulting, wholly inadequate acknowledgement of jeopardy, poor compensation
and a scary absence of a comprehensive plan for the country in its entirety and challenges facing
us all. Land and resource management of the UK requires investment in its infrastructure, properly
staffed and supplied departments not subject to the whims of ideological fancy. The first duty of
any UK government is protecting land and people.
Revealed: how Tory cuts are wrecking UK flood defences
Document seen by ministers before recent storms warns that number of at-risk households will double
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/ ... d-defences" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

StephenDolan wrote:Any chance of changing the definitions in any way?
It's what government does, doesn't it? Change the name thus changing the status.
Is that what you meant or have I gone off on a completely different tangent?
Apologies if I've done so.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Let’s stick together: Labour’s first-termers share their hopes and fears for 2016
Two weeks ago, former Labour strategist Peter Hyman wrote a devastating critique of the party, warning of a crisis that could split it in two.

Here we ask 10 new MPs about the key issues facing Jeremy Corbyn – and how he might resolve them

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... are_btn_tw
Interesting.
Last edited by ohsocynical on Sun 03 Jan, 2016 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Don't like the sound of McDonnell's "new economy" seminar thing. He's got plenty of sound economic advisers already. Most new ideas are either crap or political poison. The Green Party can spout a load of non-peer reviewed stuff, but we can't.

And I reckon the Tories will be delighted he's invited Varoufakis, failed Syriza Greek Finance minister. Obviously, he's not being invited for his political skills, but I don't see he gives anything the expert advisers don't already give him.
Publicity providing contrast to Tory economic inertia and Labour demonstrating an enthusiasm, willingness for learning.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@citizenJA

This matching charitable donations thing - isn't that the sort of wheeze that soap powder manufacturers get up to as part of a marketing drive? It's certainly not the response of a national government to events of such magnitude.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Has someone let Corbyn know he's planning a reshuffle?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Tory government are in the sh**, unfortunately for the country, they're currently in drivers' seat.
Danczuk's dysfunctional, abusive conduct is unjustifiable, it's also serving as squirrel fodder.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:@citizenJA

This matching charitable donations thing - isn't that the sort of wheeze that soap powder manufacturers get up to as part of a marketing drive? It's certainly not the response of a national government to events of such magnitude.
Correct.
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

Hello everyone - and a Happy New Year to you all.

I'm just catching up with all the posts over the past few days - I've been a bit poorly with an ear infection. Gross, it what it is.

I just want to say that people here are fantastic. I've had another example of how kind and thoughtful some people are - and no, I won't say why.
The individual involved this time knows what I'm talking about, and I am once again gobsmacked by such generosity of spirit.

Despite all the doom and gloom, the bloody sodding rain, and ears in general, there are some very good things in life and I am grateful.

Re. Danzcuk.
He is now saying, basically, that it was drink that made him do it. I really really do not think so.
He claims he has seen a psychiatrist about his drink problem, and has been told to stop drinking for six months.
This is not the standard advice most NHS psychiatrists would offer - normally, it takes a very long time (years sometimes) to get a psych referral for alcoholism, and across most of NHS England patients are rarely referred unless they have quite serious problems over time.
The usual form is to be told to remain abstinent, and given a talking therapy (not usually NHS but one of the treatment companies/charities that have taken over in most of the UK) with medication eg. Librium, Antabuse, etc. to assist with any withdrawal symptoms.
I am not suggesting he is lying; however, there's not much I don't know about alcoholism and alcoholics, and his statement does not ring true.
Of course, there are manner of private clinics where people are told what they want to hear, for a fee.......

If he is an alcoholic - and only he knows for sure - then he must take responsibility for his condition and the things h has done while drunk.
There is no true recovery without this.
I know that I cannot control my drinking, and I know that I have done shameful things (and not just when drunk, either) before my recovery that I would never do since I got sober.

Alcoholics/addicts abuse trust. It's part of the illness. Most of the time, they know exactly what they're doing, but the addiction takes over and they will make any excuse for their behaviour.
Some people have a reason for excessive drinking; they become sick if they self-medicate for too long and in quantity. Some don't have a reason - it just happens. Either way, to get better, there must be a period of abstinence combined with therapy or peer-group support to confront the issues and sort it all out. It's never easy.

I don't know if Danzcuk is an alcoholic/addict - but I will say this: there is such a thing as an addictive personality, and my experience and observation is that most addicts are capable (if they are not so already) of being multi- or cross- addicted. I have lost count of the people I have met, both personally and professionally, who have multiple addictive behavioural problems. Drink, drugs, sex, gambling, whatever.
Danzcuk's behaviour is, IMHO, sufficiently attention-seeking and inconsistent to qualify. And even if he IS ill, he is responsible for his illness in the same way that I am responsible for mine.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

One of Margaret Thatcher’s advisers told the prime minister that “pampered Scots” were a “juicy target” for budget cuts, newly released papers have revealed.
In a classified letter released on Wednesday by the National Archives, David Willetts told Thatcher that Scotland was “the real target” of budget cuts in the UK and laid out a secret plan to slash Scotland’s budget by over £100 million.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jamieross/secre ... lseLRy5QW6
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

M Parris:-"your expensive wheelchairs","your expensive hip replacements: "B.Jane Campbell -we need more the latter than the former,how "useful"is he?